Create Account

S46 SMJHL PT 3 - League Leaders

PBE PT

[Image: bclD7fn.png]

I'll be writing about Sacha Selman's teammate and the player he looks up to because of their similarity in playing style Colton Gibbles (@SpartanGibbles). Last season, Gibbles was a brand new player on a brand new team and despite the circumstances still put together quite a decent season. Gibbles Scored 9 goals and added 20 assists for a total of 29 points with a shooting% of 11.25%. That points total was enough for him to be one of the top 10 in rookie scoring in what was a respectable rookie season. This season, Gibby has been one of the driving forces of Anaheim's offence, with 10 goals and 11 assists he has 22 points leaving him tied for 15th in league wide scoring. What is perhaps most impressive is his shooting% which has improved to 18.33%, showing that he has cleaned up his game in front of the net and he can make the most of his chances now. Gibby's ability to be a threat in the offensive zone with both passing and shooting is s0mething that Selman looks up to and would like to recreate very soon.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

The player we are going to analyze today is Cassius Darrow; a send down defenseman whom was drafted by the Buffalo Stampede two seasons ago, who is still managing to tear up the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League before he makes his inevitable exit to the big leagues most likely next season. Darrow put up a measly 5 goals, and 24 assists in his rookie season; good for 29 points in 50 games as a defenseman. He came out fucking going in S45 with a 39 point season, with 6 goals and 33 assists, as well, throwing up his +/- rating from +2 to +12.

Now 28 games into his final season, Darrow sits 7th among all defenseman in scoring with 20 points, 4 goals and 16 assists so far. His lack of production can be accounted to the fact that the Raptors are currently last place in the SMJHL and have had problems scoring all season. Will Darrow be able to turn on a switch in the last 22 games and break his career high of 39 points? Or will he run off into the sunset and join the Stampede next season guns blazing. Only time will tell.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

I'll be highlighting my teammate Mathias Seger today.

After an impressive rookie campaign, Mathias returned this year with high expectations and he certainly has not disappointed. Sitting at 3rd overall in points by a defenseman and 2nd among all players in assists, Mathias has cemented himself as a SMJHL all star and one for the SHL to be excited for soon. Let's take a look at the young Swiss' stats from the previous 2 years.

Rookie Season:

GP: 50
G: 5
A: 2
P: 17
+/-: -11
PIM: 44

Sophomore Season:

GP: 27
G: 3
A: 20
P: 23
+/-: -3
PIM: 26

Wow! Surpassing his previous seasons point total by 6 points in nearly half the amount of games. It's clear that this kid came out with something to prove this season and is an interesting rookie for the SHL next season if that's where he lands.

[Image: shVfVkL.png]
[Image: WNpG8YJ.png]

For the player analysis, the player I choose is Hiro Fujikawa of Anaheim. Let's take a look at the stats of his current season compared to his rookie season...

(RY) (CY)
Goals: 21 --> 13

Hiro's goals compared to his rookie have shown a slow start and change from when things were first started for the guy, not to mention the fact that during his rookie year he was 8th in goals. It's obvious that during that season, there was a bit of slow down for the guy that didn't make him big, but still, you gotta appreciate the fact that if he gets lucky, he might outdo that.

(RY) (CY)
PTS: 21-20-41 ---> 13-16-29

In terms of points, it looks like Hiro is nearing what he did last year in his totals and is on the highway to probably out doing what he did in his Rookie Year. But only time will tell if that comes true.

(RY) (CY)
Assists: 20 ---> 16

It seems like Assists are the one category in this main list where he's near to actually beating. Only 4-5 more assists away and he'll break his personal high from RY.

And that makes that for Hiro Fujikawa's analytical differences. Godspeed to the guy for this season.

For this I took a look at teammate Petr Mikulak who is playing in his second season for the Vancouver Whalers. And it is a very succesful season for him so far. Right now he sits 8th overall in Goals, 8th overall in Assists and 3rd Overall in total points. As you can see, Mikulak is an all-around player who can shoot but also play the puck and find his teammates, often times league leading Borromini Cannellini.

He didn't have a particularly good Rookie season, though. He had eight goals then, now he sits at 12 in more than 20 fewer games. So he was able to build on his Rookie season and crush it this year. Same happened to his assist total. Last year he only had 6 in 50 games, now he already has 17 in 28. Impressive development. One thing you notice is his Bad +/- Rating in his Rookie season, - 21. Worst on his Team. Now he's already +20, best on his team.

As you see, Mikulak's development is remarkable and I chose him because of that exact reason. I am not doing too well right now, with only 6 points in 28 games and a bad rating. But Mikulak's path gives me hope for next season.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

[Image: max-pacioretty1.jpg]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 01:42 PM by Wibbly McButternutz.)

Troy Reynolds - RW -  raiders

Troy Reynolds rookie season saw him put up a respectable stat line:

50 GP | 3G | 7A | 10P | -11+/- | 12PIM | 62 Hits

But he has taken his game to a whole other level this year:

30 GP | 10G | 16A | 26P | 3+/- | 23PIM | 40 Hits

In 20 less games this year, Reynolds has more than doubled his scoring output.  He leads his team in goals and points and is a big reason why the Halifax Raiders are still in the thick of things for playoff positioning. His average minutes per game is up almost a full 3 minutes from last year (17.86 -> 20.23).  

He is also has a very active media personality so don't expect Troy Reynolds game to stagnate. He will continue to grow and will be one to watch for the SHL draft. Halifax hopes he does stick around for a couple more seasons and I know he'd like to be known as one of Halifax's greatest of all time.

Thanks for reading.

[Image: wcD1EnF.png]

Jerry "The Snake" Mander - C/RW -  Outlaws

Jerry Mander was a rookie last season, but he still loved to throw his body around and was an effective point earner.

S45 SMJHL
G:13
A:10 
HIT:110

S46 SMJHL through 30
G:9
A:8
HIT:87

If you take the first 30 games and project them out for a full 50 game season. Jerry The Snake would be on track to well surpass his point total from last year. If he keeps up this pace and doesn't either speed up or slow down he should eclipse, 15 goals, 13 assists, and a remarkable 145 hits. Jerry is very active in the Anaheim lock room and loves to throw his body around. He was 6th the league in hits in his rookie season and so far through 30 games in his sophomore year he leads the league in Hits. Jerry is looking to have a good season again which is definitely helping Anaheim.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

As a rookie an easy way to improve is to observe the players around you who have been in your place before and climbed the statistical ladder to success. Players of the same position offer a reasonable path to higher performance, Growing up watching Season 31 beauty, Roger Clitsom, I would find myself driven to go the basement to practice blocking shots (I would load the washing machine with pucks and then put it on max power, and the pucks would shoot out, kind of like Crosby, but in reverse). Unfortunately with a name like Clitsome, my parent’s would frequently turn the game off so that it didn’t rot my developing cow brain. As i developed my own game, I was looking for other role models to structure my playing style around, and I lucked into finding Nick Brain. My luck would carry me a little further. I was drafted in the second round to play for the Colorado Raptors, where Brain was still playing. Although his rights were owned by Winnipeg, the right wing was still developing his game, and I have immensely enjoyed the learning experience. As a rookie, my numbers are not impressive by any stretch, but by looking into Brain’s performance, I can see that just recently he was performing similarly to this humanoid cow, and with just a year’s experience I should be able to come close to doubling my on ice production, as Brain has.
Through his entire rookie season, Brain racked up 7 goals and 6 assists. Reasonable rookie numbers by any stretch. In half the games played this year he has totaled 6 and 5 respectively. Just one of each away from the previous season’s tally, on pace for a 84% increase in point scoring.
Almost as impressive as his offensive production increase, is his body count. Brain landed 71 hits last year, just under 1.5 per game. This season in half of the games played he is at 64, on pace for 128. 2.56 hits per game is a very imposing number, particularly for a forward with his scoring capabilities.
As a hard worker on and off the ice, I don’t expect to see Brain around the SMJHL for much longer, as Winnipeg is last in their division and could use any positive balance that they can get.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Perhaps an easy choice, but I'm going to be taking a look at my teammate: Boromini Cannellini. As a veteran, he's currently leading the SMJHL in points. However, this did not happen over night. While his rookie season was not a disappointment by any stretch, he surely had to work as hard as ever to be where he is today. Cannellini currently has 15 goals (Tied for 1st in the SMJHL) and 18 assists, for a total of 33 points through 30 games. Cannellini has as many assists this season as he had points all of his rookie season (5G - 3A - 18P). While known as a goal scorer, Cannellini trained hard to improve his playmaking abilities, making sure to find his teammates on the ice in order to better the team's success.

Perhaps one of the biggest changes is his +/-. While generally considered "useless", it can still be looked at when gauging a player's effectiveness on the ice (for the most part). Last season, Cannellini finished the season a -5. Fast forward to now and Cannellini is boasting a very nice +21, which is second in the league only to teammate Petr Mikulak's +22. Even with his role being much harder and becoming a main target on the ice, Cannellini has managed to improve his play to where he is no longer a liability to his team on the ice, but a constant threat to the opposition.

While known as an offensive weapon, perhaps one area which has seen his responsibility increase is the PK. All of last season, Cannellini only saw 1 minute of PK time. In 30 games this season, he is Vancouver's main penalty killer, and has played 73 minutes on the PK. For an offensive force, his defensive abilities are not to be scoffed at.

Lastly, his shooting percentage. Cannellini has doubled his shooting percentage from 6.33% to 12.71% so far this season. Known for his goal scoring abilties, he put in a lot of time ensuring he would have the shot that every good goal scorer needs. So far, that time and effort has paid off, as he continue to score night in and night out. There is a reason why the Whalers rely on his play so heavily, and it's no coincidence why he sits atop the league in points and goals.

A perfect role model for hard work and determination, Cannellini is sure to set an example for all young SMJHLers joining the league. While he may see more time with the Whalers in the near future, there is no doubting he is going to be a successful SHLer in the future.

Whalers

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Subject: Mathias Seger (@Segi)

Stat comparison: In S45, Seger's strengths (high stats) were checking, skating, puck handling, passing, and defense. In S46, Seger has doubled down on those stats, but also put some focus into endurance to he can provide defense to his team longer.

As a rookie, Seger accumulated 17 points in 50 games (0.34 ppg), with a majority being assists. He had a modest amount of minor penalties, but never subjected his team to killing a 5 minute penalty. He curiously played the most amount of minutes of anyone on his team (20.85 AMG), which is somewhat odd because his endurance is not remarkable compared to his teammates. However, it is not odd when looking at Anaheim's lines, as he was part of their first and fourth line of defense and first line in most penalty killing situations. This was probably due to his high strength, skating, and defense, all good stats for penalty killing.

Now in S46, Seger has 25 points in 30 games (0.83 ppg), with an even larger majority being assists. He's on pace for more penalty minutes than as a rookie, but this is probably due to him getting used to the league and being more comfortable ruffling feathers with the other team. He dishes out almost twice as many hits as he takes, as opposed to his rookie year where he took a few more than he gave. He also has the second highest minutes played on his team, the Anaheim Outlaws. His slight comparative drop in minutes played could be due to him being moved down to second line, but he still is a valuable component of the first line penalty-kill lines. He also has joined the power play line 1, which could help account for his increase in points.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Borromini Cannellini is the perfect story of never giving up. After posting 18 points in his first season with the whalers, he has blown past his previous career high with 34 points in 32 games, with plenty of games still remaining. Perhaps a better look at his improvement can be seen by looking at how far he has come defensively. In his rookie season, Cannellini posted a -5 +/-. This season, he currently is at +21. While this drastic change can be attributed to his scoring outburst, you cannot overlook the fact that he is also now playing on the top line as opposed to the third line. As such, he is facing the top talent of the other teams, and holding them in check, while continuing to score at such a rabid pace. Finally, Mr. Cannellini has seen his minutes on the penalty kill jump from 1 last season to 63 this season. It just goes to show the faith that GM Luktd has in him to play responsible hockey. And so far, Cannellini is proving that Luktd made a good choice!

[Image: Ackroyd.png]

[Image: zRNCZ6u.png]

[Image: OLscq2f.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

For this assignment I have decided to write about Kelowna’s current top goal-scorer, Nickolas Klaus. He turned out to be a point producer for the Knights even during his rookie season (S44), in which he scored 14 goals with a shooting percentage of 10.14% while centering the second line. He laid a total of 20 hits on opponents throughout a total of 50 games played in the season, and only served four penalty minutes.

This season, Klaus is centering Kelowna’s top line, and it’s clear he’s one of the reasons this line is so hot right now. It is apparent from his numbers in the first half of the season that Klaus continues to improve in several areas. He currently has 15 goals for his team, meaning that at just past halfway through this season with 32 games played, he has already surpassed his rookie season total, and is second in the league in goals scored. His shooting percentage sits at 17.65%, so he isn’t just shooting more, he’s shooting better, putting him at sixth in the league in this area. He has also made his presence known with 38 hits already (although this has come with an increase in penalty minutes, of which he has already served 19). He is also one of only three players to have scored a hat trick this season so far.

As a side note, he is also a pretty chill dude in the locker room, and is very, very tall. Like, extremely tall.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .