Create Account

The Growth of the League
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2019, 09:08 PM by luke.)

Dont know how long I will make this, Ill make it clear and concise because who wants to read a long ass article about the health of the league

The short answer is that we are trending upward in activity, which is why the expansions were happening, but people may ask if that will last so I will go into it a little.

[Image: _u52ZgLJSWpPAL6wfbVMkNQK0o-MWLBSVNvE5AKq...HyS_IECc0H]

If you look at this, it shows that we are significantly increasing in AC and updates.

Week 1 started at 10/28 and Week 19 ends at 3/3. I have gotten the # of updates was because of the Updaters mainly @Blastmeaway and @Dude created a great spreadsheets that tracks the amount of people that get updated each week, and other handy stuff like that. So you can see that that big jump from 168 -> 268 was from the Reddit Draft that happened in December.

Week 7->8 were reddit, and Week 16->17 were the new draftees a long with a lot of the regression being processed from inactives.

Now mainly, updates doesnt not equal everyone that is active on the site, as a lot of people wait a week or 2 and then update, so thats why we have Activity Checks as that is the best way to see the league growth.

If you look at it you can see a clear trend of growth that goes like this

Regular weeks that shows the # of people that are in the league that are active
Draft happens and a big jump in AC and Updates
The number of people who do AC and Updates dies down as people go inactive and lose interest in the league
Regular weeks that shows the # of people that are in the league that are active
Draft happens and the cycle continues

[Image: mpknF9zmvCls0VePFgC-gdxX7_-XkyAEYoHnq-Fd...Wu9uG7pX7C]
Here is also another chart for the updates per week, as you can clearly see that they are clearing on the upswing, which is great to see.

So the final thing I want to say is that the recruiting team is doing great, so thank you @JSS you are doing a good job. Right now in the S47 class there are 52 players that are above 190 TPE, plus I see a couple of late comers still earning TPE below it. Those are great numbers, as 22 of them are recreates, so around 30 new comers to the league. We should be seeing them put an impact soon.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: peepolove.png]

[Image: 3.png]

We recruit China next

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

I keep seeing people talk about it but what exactly is the reddit draft?

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

03-19-2019, 10:45 PMBDonini Wrote: I keep seeing people talk about it but what exactly is the reddit draft?
Twice per year, roughly every 3 seasons, we post a recruitment thread in /r/hockey on Reddit. It usually results in massive classes. S20, S25, S31, S36, S39, S43, S46.. all Reddit classes. All tremendous draft classes.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I love seeing charts like this. Gives me a chart-on.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

03-20-2019, 12:08 AM.bojo Wrote: I love seeing charts like this. Gives me a chart-on.

youre coding in the league gives everyone a hard-on for easier banking

I saw this and sharted.

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 07:47 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Jss is kicking ass... keep up the great work!
Also..SHL Growth = Engaging PT’s! ....your welcome. Cool

+1
Ilike

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Awesome, good shit @JSS and the rest of the recruitment team

Best recruitment since the @O4L days

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

03-22-2019, 07:42 AMxDParK Wrote: Awesome, good shit @JSS and the rest of the recruitment team

Best recruitment since the @O4L  days

I agree, with the mixute of old faces coming back with soem great 1st gens, just have McZ bug everyone old to come back

Luke and incredibly detailed and well done charts, what else is new

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

03-22-2019, 07:07 PMStaticShocked Wrote: Luke and incredibly detailed and well done charts, what else is new

I was expecting @Leppish to say nerd, but other than that, its expected

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddd

[Image: lebbish.gif]

03-19-2019, 10:35 PMToeDragon84 Wrote: We recruit  China next

[Image: chyna-wwf-wrestling.jpg?quality=100&ssl=1]

I agree she would be a huge draw to the site.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.