Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 07:14 PM by sarmo.)

03-22-2019, 06:48 PMLeppish Wrote:
03-22-2019, 06:06 PMErM Wrote: - Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history
Against: How many minutes a game are these guys playing? There has to be something to be said about a team that is willing to sacrifice the success of many of its other plays in exchange for their all star players getting ungodly stats. I think many teams could replicate these results if they were willing to stack minutes and throw their second and third lines to the freaking wolves.

Considering two of our 2nd Liners still got 40+ points  and after that it's 2 rookies and a bunch of Inactives, not sure who's getting thrown to the wolves.

I guess he's talking about our inactives who are so deserving of the time since they're capped out at 350 tpe and too good for juniors lolol.

No foreal though. Obviously if the line wasn't as dominant, they'd be getting the average first line minutes. But they weren't average. Any smart hockey brain knows the best way to go is to stack your lines and give top players allstar minutes ( especially if they're capped on endurance)but I still doubt any line in the SHL would be as unstoppable if they did stack. I mean you can try replicating? But I seriously doubt you'll fully contain Watson and Nova ( not to mention Skillsted)who have been veteran superstars for a while now and deserve every minute and point they've gotten. Also unless I'm missing something last team to play their first line over 25 mpg were the dragons about 3 seasons ago (s43 I think, check index). They had a star studded first line with a similar tpe count as the Chiefs 1st and they put up big numbers, but it was no where close to what the chiefs 1st line did this season.

Doubt is a dream killer

"The first year franchise, the New Orleans Specters, are the team to beat in the West"

Against.

If the regular season showed us anything, its that there isn't a clear cut "team to beat" in the West. Every single team has holes, and we all beat up on each other. I firmly believe that ANY of the 5 teams in the West could end up in the Challenge Cup finals. We may have more TPE overall than most of the other teams (i think), but when it comes to the playoffs, anything is possible, especially with Simon T. This year doesn't have the feeling of last, where we kind of knew Edmonton was going to walk through the West. And even then, they barely beat Texas.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

03-22-2019, 07:06 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: "The first year franchise, the New Orleans Specters, are the team to beat in the West"

Against.

If the regular season showed us anything, its that there isn't a clear cut "team to beat" in the West. Every single team has holes, and we all beat up on each other. I firmly believe that ANY of the 5 teams in the West could end up in the Challenge Cup finals. We may have more TPE overall than most of the other teams (i think), but when it comes to the playoffs, anything is possible, especially with Simon T. This year doesn't have the feeling of last, where we kind of knew Edmonton was going to walk through the West. And even then, they barely beat Texas.

Yeah their GM sucks and their goalie sucks even more.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

03-22-2019, 07:08 PMSlashACM Wrote:
03-22-2019, 07:06 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: "The first year franchise, the New Orleans Specters, are the team to beat in the West"

Against.

WOO WOO WOO

you know it.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

03-22-2019, 07:08 PMSlashACM Wrote:

Against.

BS

They have the best goalie and the best GM

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Code:
Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

It was not a shock from our perspective in San Francisco, as Kez said. Lots of teams all very close to snagging a slot in the playoffs and it was close all season long.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Code:
- Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.
- Against.

In my time on the site it feels like Calgary is just always in the playoffs. I know they had and continue to have lots of changes and Texas is a great team but to call this a complete shock in a Simon T system is just not fair.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

- Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Against:

This is false. Barracuda has a good team, but they wont have good enough team to beat Hamilton. Studies and sims have shown Hamilton moving to round 2 every time and i doubt JR will sim it differently.

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

03-22-2019, 08:38 PMSnussu Wrote: - Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Against:

This is false. Barracuda has a good team, but they wont have good enough team to beat Hamilton. Studies and sims have shown Hamilton moving to round 2 every time and i doubt JR will sim it differently.

agreed. Tampa might've fluked their way into the playoffs this season, but Hamilton is way better. As you said, test sims prove that Hamilton is most likely to win, hence why I believe Tampa will lose.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Code:
Code:
- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

Against. All great teams have an off year. One year outside of the playoffs does not mean the team has turned to trash. WKP is adjusting to life after the expansion draft and will back next year with a new game plan.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

Against, I think the West Kendall Platoon are still one of the best teams in the league. The eastern conference was ridiculously stacked this season and they ended up on the wrong end of the stick.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

- Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

Against, as disappointing as it was for Texas fans, anybody paying attention to the Renegades would see that they had an inconsistent season and never really got going. They should have been a top team in the West and could have won it all if they made the playoffs, but never played well enough for them to get that chance.

03-22-2019, 02:18 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
03-22-2019, 01:05 PMc00kies Wrote: - The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

Against. There are still more talented teams out there, and to guarantee a Cup win from any of them is still too gutsy. The East is a very strong conference right now too, so even just making the playoffs was an accomplishment in itself. Not saying it isn't possible, but I would call it far from a guarantee.
I’m gonna call BS here. There isn’t a team more talented than the Stampede right now. We won the toughest division. We are the league leaders in points, ROW, goal differential. We dominate possession.

Cups are never guaranteed, but the Stampede is THE team to beat.

BS!
Minnesota and New Orleans can also be considered as THE team to beat. Hell, any team from the west (and the top 4 from the East not named Buffalo) could give the Stampede a run for the money. Sure, Buffalo are the favorites for the East, but Minnesota and New Orleans could probably beat them in a 7 game series.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46.

Against.

Due to the fact that WF is at the helm and the franchise will forever be doomed. Mainly because they were, and always will be, second best expansion team. I'm sorry for your existence.

[Image: Wally.png]

- The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

FOR

The Buffalo Stampede of S46 are the single greatest team in SHL history and anybody who preceded them pale in comparison. S45 was a fluke considering the total TPE amounts and dedication of each player. The S46 ending is all but decided and it's in Buffalo.