Create Account

Gallagher Ready To Take Flight
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 02:22 PM by fever95.)

(834 words, double media week)
Gallagher Ready To Take Flight
[Image: xZJjAMh.png]

On Wednesday April 10, 2019, it was a busy evening for many people around the SHL world. The location was Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario as the Hamilton Steelhawks were the host for the 47th edition of the Simulation Hockey League's entry draft. The Coliseum was packed and buzzing with excitement from many SHL draft eligible players who were hopeful and nervous at the same time, thinking about which SHL franchise would call their name up to the draft podium and select them in the draft. The hopeful prospects just completed their rookie season in SHL's development league, the SMJHL and it was a grueling season for all of the prospects involved, ending in a third straight 4 Star Cup Championship for the St. Louis Scarecrows. SHL general manager teams were also filled with excitement, working the phones looking for possible trades with rival franchises and hoping to land their next big franchise player with a draft selection.

Noah Gallagher of the St. Louis Scarecrows was among the draft eligible prospects in the stands of Copps Coliseum, waiting patiently for his name to be called by one of the 16 SHL franchises and finding out where he would be suiting up once he develops and graduates from the SMJHL to the big leagues of the SHL. Gallagher's regular season in St. Louis was one to forget in terms of his statistical production of just one assist on the season but he stepped up during the 4 Star Cup playoffs, posting a pair of goals along with two helpers in about a third of the games that he suited up for in the regular season. He did not receive all that much ice time to showcase his skills, playing on the fourth line of a deep Scarecrows team but Noah was still hopeful that he did enough for SHL general managers to notice him and call his name sooner rather than later on draft night.

Noah Gallagher was expected to be selected somewhere in the first round of the draft, probably one of the last picks of the first round in his mind. He waited patiently in his seat beside his parents and girlfriend while he heard some of the top prospects' names being called up to the podium to put on their new jersey and meet their new teams. Eleven picks had been completed already and the Winnipeg Jets were back on the clock with their second draft pick of the round. The Jets were a team that Gallagher was very familiar with from talks with his agent who had represented two players drafted by Winnipeg in the past. Noah was sure the Jets had decided to go in a different direction following his draft interview with team management. Much to his surprise, Gallagher heard his name called at the number twelve overall selection.

"With the 12th overall selection in the Season 47 SHL Entry Draft, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to select from the St. Louis Scarecrows, Noah Gallagher!!!"

"I was in complete shock when I heard my name called at that pick. I never expected to go that early in the draft and was sure they were not selecting me after my draft interview with them. Later on, they told me that they were being very secretive about that pick so that they had a chance to select me and no other team could steal me from them *laughs* I was very, very happy to be selected by such a storied franchise and am excited to join my new club when I receive the call-up" Gallagher commented.

Other notable selections on draft night for Noah Gallagher were Jax Duggan going at first overall to the Winnipeg Jets and Juulius Smonk being stolen off the board by Winnipeg with the 29th overall selection.The trio of Duggan, Gallagher and Smonk should be a force to be reckoned with in Winnipeg for seasons to come once they all develop and are all called up to the big leagues. Gallagher's teammates from St. Louis were also selected with Filip Zadina going at the number four selection to the San Francisco Pride and Charlie Serpe being selected by the New Orleans Specters with the number ten selection. Nicolaj Muller, Gallagher's linemate in St. Louis went to the Buffalo Stampede at the number 22 slot in the draft and Mattie Brunton went to the Toronto North Stars in the third round, 44th overall. Finally, Boris Poroshenko came off the board in the fourth round, 49th overall by the New England Wolfpack. Gallagher will have some familiar faces in the Winnipeg Jets locker room as his Scarecrows teammate, Slip McScruff was drafted there in Season 45 with the 13th overall selection as well as World Junior Championship teammate with Team British Isles, Nick Brain. Brain was selected by Winnipeg in Season 46 with the 11th overall selection. The future looks bright in Winnipeg and Noah Gallagher hopes to be a huge piece in bringing Challenge Cups to the Jets.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Great article man, and great pick by the jets! Best of luck Cheers

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia