Create Account

Esa Parmborg - Draft Reaction
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 10:06 PM by Steelhead77.)

[Image: cut-1-111.jpg]
Young fans hand Esa Parmborg a chicken parm during his first practice with Calgary.

Esa Parmborg was taken 1st Overall in the SMJHL Entry draft last season, but somehow fell to 41st overall in the SHL draft, finally being taken by the Calgary Dragons in the 3rd round. It was a strange turn of events for a player who earned all the tpe available and is a positive active member of the community. Some would say the Dragons got the best player in the draft at pick 41, but how did this happen?

Interview We contacted Esa Parmborg himself and asked him about his SHL draft experience...

Parmborg: Yeah I don’t know what happened, I did everything right, earned all the tpe, was a good teammate and was active in the room, but not a single SHL GM contacted me before the draft.. weird. Maybe I’m missing something and I’m not as big of a deal as I thought. Apparently I was a kind of a big deal at the time of the SMJHL draft where I went 1st overall to Halifax, but something must have happened to fall all the way to 41st overall in the SHL draft. I just wish I knew what I did wrong… maybe I’m too nice and need to be meaner around the league, try something different, who knows.

Interview Do you think it could be because you've been touted as a cybernetic borg made of different types robotics and cheeses?

Parmborg: No comment.

Interview Well, let’s focus on Calgary then, how do you feel being drafted by the Dragons?

Parmborg: Feels great honestly. This is the only place I wanted to play anyway, no offense to other teams, but this is my true home after growing up around the team with my uncle twice removed Esa Anrikkanen. Maybe other teams knew that and let me fall, but all the way to 41 is just crazy. Either way I’m stoked to join the Dragons, they are the league’s most valuable and successful franchise. The team is loaded with young talent and I’m looking forward to playing with all these great players in the future.  

Interview If you could have gone to any other team, which one would it have been?

Parmborg: Well I’d probably have to say New Orleans, because I know the GM’s very well, but I guess they didn’t want me either because neither of them contacted me. Which was hurtful since we all spent so many years together as teammates before they were hired as NOLA GM’s. I mean, at least send a guy a scouting message ya know? Ahh whatever, it is what it is. I’m thrilled to be back in Calgary, even if I was snubbed by @JKortesi81 and @TheDangaZone .

InterviewYou’re coming off a solid rookie season in Halifax, can you recap that for us?

Parmborg: Sure, early in the year I made the mistake of brushing up against Jimmy Slothface in the locker room and some of his curse rubbed off on me, so I didn’t score much early in the year. I was warned by management to steer clear of Slothface @slothfacekilla , but I couldn’t avoid skin to skin contact coming out of the shower, I think he actually tried to brush up against me to feel the borg, but I wasn’t able to avoid him because of my massive size. Anyway, I had to get my skin scraped about mid-season to rid myself of his bad ju-ju. Once I did my game picked up and I finished the regular season strong ending with 15 points, then got hot in the playoffs with 7 points in 13 games. I think I had a solid year for my role on the 3rd line, about 12-13 minutes a game without any powerplay time. I was happy to just be part of the team, get to meet some great people and help us win some games, chipping in where I could.

Interview What do you expect for your sophomore season with Halifax?

Parmborg: I’m now all juiced up on tpe and I know to avoid touching Jimmy Slothface in the locker room, so I think I’m in for a big year. I believe I’m slated for the line 2 center role, which I’m excited about, it’s my natural position and I should be on special teams this year also which should help my point totals. I’m most concerned about getting wins though and I just want to do anything I can to help the team win the cup. I actually think the aforementioned Jimmy Slothface and I are going to be linemates this season, which all kidding aside I’m very excited about. We matched up our builds to play well together and I expect a lot of fireworks when we hit the ice this year. Slothface is my pick for MVP this season.

Interview What are your thoughts on the recent draft picks by Halifax in the s48 SMJHL Draft?

Parmborg: Very excited about the new players management brought in. I think Atlas Rush at pick 9 is an absolute steal, he’s a highly talented player and an incredible member, I’m stoked to be on a team with him and maybe even a line if the chemistry works out, we’ll see. Also excited with our other picks, Freddie Sweeney should be a stud along with Jakko Jarvinen who’s name I probably just spelt wrong, but both have elite skill and are developing quickly. I think we did well grabbing goalie Biz Nasty late, he has a lot of potential and then we took a big physical flier on Melty Holyblood who could be solid for us. Overall I think Halifax had a great draft, good players on the ice and people in the room.

Interview Can Halifax win the cup this season?

Parmborg: Absolutely yes. That is our goal and we definitely have a team that can win it all. We have top talents like Slothface, Kholin, Reynolds, Laraque and Parmborg up front with Doskocil and Montgomery on the blue line in front of a top goalie in McKorsy. Combine that with the returning mid-tier talent and high ceiling draftees we just brought in and we’re going to be tough to beat. I think we’re in that sweet spot of having the right mix of veterans and youth. Should be an exciting year.

Interview Can your draft team Calgary win the cup this season?

Parmborg: I think we have a chance yes, but we’re probably not going to be a favorite since we started a re-tool last season, which is already going fantastic. We made the playoffs last season and swept the defending champ Edmonton Blizzard before losing in round 2 to #1 ranked Minnesota. Calgary has improved since last season so I know we can make the playoffs again and once we’re in, anything is possible. I can’t control that though as I’m still in the SMJHL.

Interview Aren’t you GM of the Dragons?

Parmborg: Oh yeah, true, I guess I can control some of it then, lol.

Interview Isn’t that why you went 41st overall in the draft, because you are GM and are auto-drafted?

Parmborg: Again, true, you figured it out. I was never even in the draft, taking myself at 41 was just a formality.

Interview So how can you be upset at NOLA GM’s for not contacting you?

Parmborg: I’m not, I was just kidding, those guys are great.

Interview Oh ok, cool. Well thanks for joining us.

Parmborg: My pleasure.

Dragons  raiders

Code:
1,225 Words - Double Media

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Dragons raiders Dragons raiders Dragons raiders

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

04-17-2019, 09:42 PMSteelhead77 Wrote: InterviewYou’re coming off a solid rookie season in Halifax, can you recap that for us?

Parmborg: Sure, early in the year I made the mistake of brushing up against Jimmy Slothface in the locker room and some of his curse rubbed off on me, so I didn’t score much early in the year. I was warned by management to steer clear of Slothface @slothfacekilla , but I couldn’t avoid skin to skin contact coming out of the shower, I think he actually tried to brush up against me to feel the borg, but I wasn’t able to avoid him because of my massive size. Anyway, I had to get my skin scraped about mid-season to rid myself of his bad ju-ju. Once I did my game picked up and I finished the regular season strong ending with 15 points, then got hot in the playoffs with 7 points in 13 games. I think I had a solid year for my role on the 3rd line, about 12-13 minutes a game without any powerplay time. I was happy to just be part of the team, get to meet some great people and help us win some games, chipping in where I could.

Interview What do you expect for your sophomore season with Halifax?

Parmborg: I’m now all juiced up on tpe and I know to avoid touching Jimmy Slothface in the locker room, so I think I’m in for a big year. I believe I’m slated for the line 2 center role, which I’m excited about, it’s my natural position and I should be on special teams this year also which should help my point totals. I’m most concerned about getting wins though and I just want to do anything I can to help the team win the cup. I actually think the aforementioned Jimmy Slothface and I are going to be linemates this season, which all kidding aside I’m very excited about. We matched up our builds to play well together and I expect a lot of fireworks when we hit the ice this year. Slothface is my pick for MVP this season.
[Image: QpnBp7G.jpg]

Laughing Love it Esa, great read as usual!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

This Parmborg kid has some talent.

Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Can’t believe you were snubbed like that. Steal of the draft falling to 41

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]