Create Account

Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!!

05-18-2019, 10:46 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
05-18-2019, 10:42 PMSamee Wrote: slappy really just use the number of cups they have or smthn versus buffalos one as an arguement lmaoo

Sorry, was that English?

can you not read gen Z

basically what im saying is i cannot believe slappy decided to use calgarys number of cups compared to buffalos one cup in an arguement about calgarys logo

05-18-2019, 10:42 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
05-18-2019, 10:35 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: also I was gonna bite my tongue but

to say you're not going to act like a child

then call another group of people losers with low self esteem

that doesn't sound like a very adult thing to do

nor does doubling down or giving the notion that "we like da logo so we can claim it as our original work"

you shat in your bed, now you've gotta sleep in it and no amount of backtracking makes up for that.

even if your best response was the hockey equivalent of

"ringz erneh"

Esa thought it was a completely original work when he wrote the original post. He isn’t a liar and does not court controversy as the whole league should know by now.

I, on the other hand, could give a flying fuck what any of you think of me. I try and be a nice guy and treat people respectfully. For close to five years now, I have been supportive and nice on these boards. But I will also gladly fight to the death for what I believe in. When I see a wrong, I am not afraid to call it out.

I’ve got friends on here and in real life, a wife, kids and a life. So I’m happy to die on this hill. Everyone trying to shit on good people that are my friends, especially a few of the known assholes piping up in here, can fuck right off

this quote button sucks balls formatting wise

if he thought it was originally made, than great. The entire thing was a misunderstanding. I believe most if not all of the last page/ page and a half of controversy is from youre defence of the situation and it spiralling into personal responses and verbal crusades.

You see on your first sentence, you're contradicting your second here. People who try to be nice guys, and not the nice guys on reddit usually do care what people think of them. The idea that you treat people with respect and they you is a pretty common philosophy, would you like if people thought you were an asshole despite all/whatever good you do on here? Why would you go through the effort of acting like a nice guy if in the end people thought you were a bellend. Secondly, it's not everyone, its the majority in this thread fine.

I don't have a horse in this race (bar the confusion between the JD design and the Buffalo logo which I still can't see the similarity of beyond green/yellow) but I think to call another group of people losers with low self esteem is out of line. If you're trying to be a nice guy and this is your way of showing it by launching verbal crusades, then I don't think you're trying very hard to be a nice guy.

Again this entire thread is an overreaction that could've easily been avoided with communication and as a result of this a level of... T O X I C I T Y has evolved between a number of parties.

I hold no ill will towards you slappy and I hope you I and I'm putting my point across here as one of my last acts on this site.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 10:53 PM by tweedledunn. Edit Reason: bork )

our overall design was confirmed top 3 in the league tyvm
[Image: pttC433.png]
Tongue @bwrabbitt @Flareon4043

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 09:01 PM by Steelhead77.)

Yes I was mistaken when saying this was 100% created by Mike Izzy as an original logo. It was a template he found and together we worked it into our own logo to represent our team. I thought that would qualify as an original new logo.

I take full responsibility on this oversight. I have great pride in my team and work hard on everything we do, but I'm not perfect.

Ultimately we found a logo that we made to be our own and we love it. It's original to the Calgary Dragons and we think it works great for a simulation hockey league.

I appreciate the positive feedback from many of you.

Thank you.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

05-18-2019, 10:51 PMtweedledunn Wrote: our overall design was confirmed top 3 in the league tyvm

How high in the top 3

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 11:04 PM by Brandon.)

05-18-2019, 07:58 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: You do t see me talking about how you guys ripped off John Deere.

I regret to inform myself, all designers, and the Oakland Athletics that the colors Green & Yellow are the sole intellectual property of John Deere, Inc. We should all expect Cease and Desist letters in the mail very shortly.

Holy shit this thread popped off lol

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

05-18-2019, 10:58 PM.bojo Wrote:
05-18-2019, 10:51 PMtweedledunn Wrote: our overall design was confirmed top 3 in the league tyvm

How high in the top 3

not at high as @Wasty that's for sure Wink

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

05-18-2019, 11:04 PMtweedledunn Wrote:
05-18-2019, 10:58 PM.bojo Wrote: How high in the top 3

not at high as @Wasty that's for sure Wink
Its Saturday night, ive dealt with two sick kids all day that are finally asleep, I’m watching a thread about a logo that I’m not at all involved with? Yeah I’m really fucking high right now lmao

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

[Image: pttC433.png]
Tongue @bwrabbitt @Flareon4043

oh shit NOLA won something

can i put this in my milestones

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 11:33 PM by SlashACM.)

I have some unfortunate news. 

There are less original logos in this league than one might think. 

Take a look at the evidence 

[Image: PurpleGhosts.png]

Remind you of ANYTHING

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I hate when people call valid criticism trolling tbh. I know people are going to meme the Dragons more now but that only because of the responses made in this thread. Calling Buffalo for ripping John Deere is fuckin hilarious and I honestly can't believe that comment was actually made. Then you guys compared cups with an expansion team when discussing logos. Honestly, if you guys didn't make comments like this, I doubt this thread would've blown up as much as it did or even result in you guys getting meme'd on,

05-18-2019, 11:33 PMSlashACM Wrote: I have some unfortunate news. 

There are less original logos in this league than one might think. 

Take a look at the evidence 

[Image: PurpleGhosts.png]

Remind you of ANYTHING

Bah gawd

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

[Image: angery.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 12:52 AM by Toivo.)

One thing that baffles me about SHL is how it's accepted to use renders without paying the copyright holder but using logos is a nose goes

Edit: also there's a team named the Winnipeg Jets. Why is originality applied to just team logos?

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]