Create Account

Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!!

05-19-2019, 12:55 PMZombiewolf Wrote: WannabeFinn is a good guy

Yup, I once saw him switch ice-cream with a kid who dropped his on the ground. Finn started eating the kids dropped ice-cream off the ground, but that's not the point.

RETIRED

05-19-2019, 09:41 AMkarey Wrote: Second: yes, there are many artists on this site. But outside of Brandon,
I don't see all of the designers clamouring to submits designs or help their process much

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=93216

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

05-19-2019, 01:15 PMtweedledunn Wrote:
05-19-2019, 09:41 AMkarey Wrote: Second: yes, there are many artists on this site. But outside of Brandon,
I don't see all of the designers clamouring to submits designs or help their process much

oof

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

To everyone, and it’s a lot of people, that are shocked, dismayed and aghast (hypocrites being thick on the ground around here) at the toxicity and immaturity of the Calgary response, let’s get one thing straight. I, and I alone, was the sole person saying the things you’re talking about. I’m a grown man and I don’t need anyone to cover for me or to deflect criticism from me. Don’t blame the team and don’t blame Esa or Izzy. I stand by all my words and take full responsibility for them.

I said what I wanted and I apologize for none of it. Make of it what you will. I do wonder where the “validity” of all the criticism derives. Doesn’t ultimately matter though. I will say and feel whatever I wish and don’t really care how you all feel about it. I will not, however, look for anyone else to shoulder my load. You have something to say to me, say it to me. I won’t breakdown and cry, I promise.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

05-19-2019, 01:15 PMtweedledunn Wrote:

Izzy's logo is sick there. This ripped one is a downgrade, I don't get it

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

05-19-2019, 09:48 AMkarey Wrote: Just don't swing your ammount of cups as the only form of validation you need to do whatever you want. @WannabeFinn has built a team that has just won a challenge Cup, has one of the best teams on paper right now, and has the strongest prospect pool. But let's ignore all of that because he's only won one cup and his opinions (however negative and trolly they are) dont matter.

Yes people don't like your logo, itake that into consideration whenever I reveal a logo. Every negative comment sucks. You put time, energy and are proud of it. But somebody comes by and says... "Is that a fox or a wolf?!? ""Lol Manhattan red bulls... So dumb" those suck.
I know the feeling, but responding by shitting on teams affects the entire team.

I remember when people shat on San Francisco for changing the Admirals logo. It was basically the same thing you're seeing now except we didn't go after anyone who made fun of us.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 01:40 PM by WannabeFinn.)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to appreciate the new Dragons logo. The design is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the hidden messages will go over a typical shler’s head. There's also the Dragon’s crustacean-like design, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his C-shaped curve draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The Dragons players understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these insinuations, to realise that they're not just beautiful- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the new logo truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the baby teeth in the Dragon’s mouth, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Mike Izzy’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer and phone screens. What fools.. how I pity them. Sleepy

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Jakarta Dragons tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid Cool

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-19-2019, 01:40 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to appreciate the new Dragons logo. The design is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the hidden messages will go over a typical shler’s head. There's also the Dragon’s crustacean-like design, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his C-shaped curve draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The Dragons players understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these insinuations, to realise that they're not just beautiful- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the new logo truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the baby teeth in the Dragon’s mouth, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Mike Izzy’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer and phone screens. What fools.. how I pity them.  Sleepy

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Jakarta Dragons tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid  Cool

Reading this comment gave me 3 cups

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Personally I think the new logo is awful. It's a shame because the Dragon theme could be so powerful but this looks like a lame shrimp. The text also looks bad to me.

This whole site is a bastion of creativity it's insane that you would pick such a cheap overused free logo.

That being said art is subjective and just because I hate it doesn't mean I am right. I am happy for all you Calgary bros! You love it so much and that's fucking great!!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 02:59 PM by nour.)

05-19-2019, 01:36 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: To everyone, and it’s a lot of people, that are shocked, dismayed and aghast (hypocrites being thick on the ground around here) at the toxicity and immaturity of the Calgary response, let’s get one thing straight. I, and I alone, was the sole person saying the things you’re talking about. I’m a grown man and I don’t need anyone to cover for me or to deflect criticism from me. Don’t blame the team and don’t blame Esa or Izzy. I stand by all my words and take full responsibility for them.

I said what I wanted and I apologize for none of it. Make of it what you will. I do wonder where the “validity” of all the criticism derives. Doesn’t ultimately matter though. I will say and feel whatever I wish and don’t really care how you all feel about it. I will not, however, look for anyone else to shoulder my load. You have something to say to me, say it to me. I won’t breakdown and cry, I promise.

@Waters imagine dying on this hill

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

This is what happens when I'm out of town for a hockey tournament.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

05-19-2019, 01:36 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: To everyone, and it’s a lot of people, that are shocked, dismayed and aghast (hypocrites being thick on the ground around here) at the toxicity and immaturity of the Calgary response, let’s get one thing straight. I, and I alone, was the sole person saying the things you’re talking about. I’m a grown man and I don’t need anyone to cover for me or to deflect criticism from me. Don’t blame the team and don’t blame Esa or Izzy. I stand by all my words and take full responsibility for them.

To be fair Izzy did say WBF is a bad person for stating his opinion on the logo.

05-19-2019, 07:54 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Good morning!

Good afternoon!

05-19-2019, 02:59 PMnour Wrote:

@Waters imagine dying on this hill
I will DIE for this logo

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

05-19-2019, 01:34 AMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
05-18-2019, 10:33 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: [Image: 1200px-John_Deere_logo.svg.png]
[Image: 1zq3634.png]
???
beyond the fact its green and yellow???

yo thats way better than the logo in the banner and whatnot wts

I'm convinced that @Slappydoodle has been trolling throughout this thread because the colours for John Deere and the Buffalo Stampede might be the same in the sense it's green and yellow but totally different shades.