Create Account

S48 PT #1 - SHL Draft Kit S48

SHL Dynasty report:

What young players in the SHL should you draft and stash? here we target those players who will one day turn into draft day stars.

For Season 48, the Tampa Bay Barracuda are introducing 2 rookies, and they are already beginning to make an impression in the league.

MATT KHOLIN - The points leader among the current rookie class in the preseason, Kholin is already showing great promise, playing 1st line duty along with the likes of Flacko Lagerfield and David Fantobens. He also played considerable time on the Power Play unit, where he performed well (3-7-10). The winger should be a great pickup for draft day in the near future, and could be a sneakily good pick for this year's draft.

AKASHI SIXNINE - 2nd in Rookie points during the preseason, the defenseman played on the 2nd pairing along with Miikka Salo. The defenseman has shown a great assist acumen, tallying 28 assists during the preseason. He also played a considerable role on the Penalty Kill. SixNine, while not the best defenseman that could be available this season, should be nothing more than a great pick in the coming seasons.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2019, 07:06 PM by Fantobens.)

Bold SHL predictions:

This article discusses some of our boldest predictions about the upcoming S48 season.

Before you tell me to shut up. Hear me out. Then tell me to shut up.

Not only Will the tampa bay barracuda make they playoffs, they will make it to the conference finals. 

With the call ups of Matt kholin and sixnine, and bringing in andani and Klaus, the,barracuda are poised to finally make thier mark on the shl.

We all know they have great talent on the team with Lagerfield, ball, and blue. With these guys, the rise of future star Nolan Sawchuk and captain david Fantobens the future looks bright for 5his group. Even more exciting will be what happens in the next couple seasons with an influx of youth.

Mark my words, tampa is going to make some noise this year. Not the sad noise you are used to but one that is decent. One you can tap your foot to.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

Bold Predictions

My bold prediction is that the San Francisco Pride will finish the season at the top of their division. Not a team who has a big history of success, the Pride have been building from the ground up over the past few years and have a good young crop of players who are making that next step as they try their hand at developing into the leagues next batch of superstars. While this team may not have the sheer top end talent that other teams in the league have, they are deep with many well developed players who are actively working at trying to become better as both a team and as individual players. The word on the street is that their locker room has a great vibe to it, and that they'll be looking good with some fresh new jerseys this year.

The adage goes, look good, feel good, play good, and it seems San Francisco wants these fresh threads to be part of the corner that this team is taking. With scorers coming out and playmakers getting familiar with their finishers, I expect that the Pride will have a breakout season, and show the league that they're a team people need to be worried about for the coming years as they roll deep with their solid lines.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2019, 07:59 PM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
Bold SHL predictions:

This article discusses some of our boldest predictions about the upcoming S48 season.
After making it to the Challenge Cup finals last year, I believe that the Calgary Dragons will finish third in their division and miss the playoffs. Their lack of star player depth may hurt their chances and they will more than likely lose some ground to the franchises rising into their prime. The Blizzard have incredible depth and should be expected to dominate the division. Also, the Winnipeg Jets made a big signing of Crossfit Jesus @CFJ and with a lot of skilled call-ups, could be a surprise and boot Calgary out of their spot. Winnipeg finished first in the division in preseason, so it’s a reasonable prediction that they could edge Calgary in the regular season as well. Their defensemen all had career years last year as well, so while I expect them to still perform, I expect a bit of regression into a more sustainable points realm. Kata Vilde @BarnabasCollins should be an excellent goaltender with how their development hasn’t gone, but I do not foresee that goalie talent being able to overcome the tough competition and obstacles that lie ahead for the Dragons. 

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Code:
After the Hype report:
Every player develops at different rates after arriving in the league, and some require a bit more seasoning than others. create a report on players you believe are now past their hype peaks but still shouldn’t be forgotten on draft day.

17 seasons after being draft, Jason Visser (@ToeDragon84) is still one of the best players in the league. There isn't as much hype around him as some of the younger players in the league, but even if the hype has died down, he's still dominating the game. This pre-season, he's put up 35 goals and 41 assists. Just astronomical numbers. The hype may not be as high as before, but there's still game in Visser's career.

Luke Atmey (@Velevra) is going strong 16 seasons after being drafted. Leading the newly expanded Chicago Syndicate, Atmey is putting up monster numbers. In the pre-season, he put up 29 goals and 39 assists, just behind Visser for the league leads. Atmey is leading a young Chicago squad who just reached their first playoffs last season. He's showing no signs of slowing down, even though a group of young players are storming the SHL.

After Visser and Atmey, the young players control the stat sheet, but they still trail behind two old guards. Don't be fooled by their draft years, Visser and Atmey are still top of the league, even if the hype has moved on to other, more younger, players.

(197 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2019, 08:33 PM by hotdog.)

Code:
Get ahead of the Awards report
The SHL Hockey guide looks ahead at some of the surprise entries and strong contenders of next seasons Award nominations

We here at the SHL Hockey News would like to focus on two of next season's award nominees. Don't ask us how we know... just take notes now and remember to thank us later.

Jeff Dar nominee: Cameron Carter II, syndicate - After an extremely strong preseason (29 G, 31 A, 195 Hits), Carter II continued to impress in S48. CCII found a new home in Chicago this offseason and, with a performance like this, you'd have to imagine he'll be swimming in a pool full of money on a 10x10 contract next season. Carter took advantage of his top line minutes alongside superstar Luke Atmey and was a dominating physical presence on the ice. Our expert writers predict he'll still be looking up at a certain Calgary forward on the podium, but the nom is really all that matters. @Boomcheck

Ryan Jesster nominee: Gordie Boomhover, Wolfpack - Gordie Boom makes a splash in his first season up with the big league team. Boomhover is instantly given 2nd line minutes on the Wolfpack. Boomhover will be setting up premier 2nd year sniper Dick Clapper and superstar winger Rafe Ulrich. Along with significant powerplay and penalty kill minutes, Boomhover will be rewarded with a Jesster nomination at the end of the season. @gordieboom

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...st&p=84946

[Image: giphy.gif]

PBE PT Claim

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

After the Hype report:
Every player develops at different rates after arriving in the league, and some require a bit more seasoning than others. create a report on players you believe are now past their hype peaks but still shouldn’t be forgotten on draft day.

Robert Phelps is just that guy who goes out every year and performs at an all star level even though he is regressing now he is still one of the leagues top players. Fantasy is funny and you really need the right linemates and team setup to succeed. Phelps did not have a dominating fantasy performance last season but this year I expect his numbers to go up and for him to be one of the league's best. His team, the Steelhawks do not look to be top contenders this season as Phelps does not have much elite talent around him. That being said Phelps should see a lot of minutes and I expect him to get 150+ hits and dominate in the face off dot against a lot of young centers around the league. Phelps is a great talent and he can carry a line all by himself but if he can get a bit of help this season he could have a great year. Hamilton should be playing him big minutes in their fight to land in the playoffs this year.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

SMJHL prospects to draft and stash:

Want to get a leg up on them good young players in the juniors? Hockey News looks at the prospects to target currently playing in the SMJHL.

There are two extremely high upside rookies currently in the SMJHL situated on the Colorado Raptors' Roster. Center Bo Kane @NONAME and goaltender Knox Booth @Tate

Bo Kane @NONAME has been around the block, and knows how to rack up TPE. He's already up to 226! He's a speedy, dangle-y sniper, who will surely be making an impact in the SHL in no time.

Knox Booth @Tate will be a true sleeper pick, but will reward anyone bold enough to stash him. He's beginning his season as the second string goalie on the Raptors, but has already earned 209 TPE - extremely impressive considering this is his first player create! Knox will get plenty of playing time coming up, and if he continues to work hard, will be an exceptional back stop for years to come.

NSFL

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

PBE PT