Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S48)

Code:
highly skilled rookie 'Cody', playing in a league of capped forwards, will capture the SMJHL S48 goal-scoring title.

Against. Cody is clearly a very talented rookie with a high ceiling, but I just can't see Simon T allowing a newbie to claim the goal-scoring title, especially considering he's not even leading it at the moment (Morgan in front with 13, Cody has 11). Unfortunately I expect him to cool off in the second half of the season, and top out at 20 goals max. Still of course this would be a very impressive rookie campaign for Cody, a great winger in a draft class full of forwards who are lighting it up immediately.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

The Hamilton Steelhawks who are currently leading the Eastern conference are a bigger surprise then the Winnipeg Jets who are currently leading the Western conference.

Against, I think the jets are the bigger surprise here. They came our of nowhere, even though they've had an arguably strong team for a while. No one expected them to be in the playoffs, let alone first in the conference.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

The Manhattan Rage (6-13-4) who are currently in last place will storm back in the 2nd half and capture 1 of the 5 playoff spots in the Western Division.

Against - My position is in no means a slight against Manhattan. They are good team having a rough go but with how tight the race at the top is in the Eastern conference I don't see them squeaking into the top 5.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Code:
highly skilled rookie 'Cody', playing in a league of capped forwards, will capture the SMJHL S48 goal-scoring title.

Total BS. Here's the thing, I ain't no homer but this 'Cody' kid ain't shit compared to the Whaler's fire power. I'll give him that scoring 20pts as a rookie is extremely impressive, but I don't think he's going to do much down the stretch compared to snipers such as @Otrebor13 or @aaronwilson . Will he get the rookie scoring title? Yeah, sure. But the league scoring title? BS.

[Image: nubbedindaribs.gif]

Code:
After a change in management, the Lethbridge Lions will finish in the top 5 of the SMJHL standings.

For. I think after the management change, people assume Lethbridge is a terrible team when that's woefully incorrect. They've assembled a great core of forwards, by playoffs we should have 3 real solid defenseman on the back end and Carpy is a fantastic goalie. With one of the best offenses in the league, I'm very optimistic that we can surprise a lot of people and I wouldn't be surprised to see us top 5.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:The Manhattan Rage (6-13-4) who are currently in last place will storm back in the 2nd half and capture 1 of the 5 playoff spots in the Western Division.

Totally Agree. The Rage have a strong roster and have been possessing the puck well in games. Until recently their luck in scoring was down, however they've recently begin findign the back of then et again and I fully expect to see the team surge into a top 3 spot in the East before the season ends!

Code:
Following in Kelowna and St. Louis footsteps of repeating as champions, the Anaheim Outlaws, currently at the top of the SMJHL standings will win the Four Star Cup for the second season in a row.

For. The Anaheim Outlaws have started hot again this season despite losing many players to call ups. This was to be expected, however they were not expected to play so well in the beginning of the season without a bunch of their older capped players. Everyone on the team has stepped up and Tibuk has been a beast in net. This is why I think they have a really good shot at repeating.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Code:
The Manhattan Rage (6-13-4) who are currently in last place will storm back in the 2nd half and capture 1 of the 5 playoff spots in the Western Division.

While the Rage started the season as potential underdogs to capture a playoff spot, I still think they are a season away from turning it around & making the post-season.

Words: 30

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Code:
The Hamilton Steelhawks who are currently leading the Eastern conference are a bigger surprise then the Winnipeg Jets who are currently leading the Western conference.
Against

The Jets had a lot of good prospects and some great high TPE vets like Troy, Visser, and Grease. They also have great management but the Steelhawks don't really have anyone besides Robert Phelps and a bunch of even their decent guys are regressing.

Code:

FOR!

With a action packed offseason lead by the news all around the Minnesota Chiefs, I think the 2nd thing that sticks to mind with the offseason just passed was the Hamilton Steelhwaks roster. About 4 players decided to announce their retirement for an unknown reason to me and everyone thought that the Steelhawks would then fall because of their "core" putting effort into other players. Surprisingly, the Steelhawks have still managed to stay competitive in the league, who are currently at the top of the league with a 18-7-2 record (at the time I am posting this).

In my honest opinion, I did not doubt the Winnipeg Jets to be at the top of the standings in the Western Conference when the season started. With players like Lil Manius, Jason Visser, Gary Grease and more, they have one of the strongest cores in the whole SHL and their name will be said every season for a while aslong as this core stays together. 

To me, the Jets were an easy pick to be competitive this season whereas the Steelhawks were an easy lock for the lottery picks when the season had started. That is why I am more surprised and FOR this statement

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Code:
Following in Kelowna and St. Louis footsteps of repeating as champions, the Anaheim Outlaws, currently at the top of the SMJHL standings will win the Four Star Cup for the second season in a row.
Against
C’mon now. Let’s give the rest of the SMJHL some credit. There are a couple teams, certainly including my own St. Louis Scarecrows that could give the Outlaws a real run for their money. Truthfully, it seems as though Anaheim are getting most of their points from their stud Corey Kennedy, which doesn’t always bode well for season success. In order for me to feel they’re repeat champions, they have to get some more even scoring across the board.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Code:
Tampa Bays 14-5 start should come as no surprise as they boast the most talented young line up in the East.

I believe that Tampa Bay has a fantastic young core. I believe their future is bright. I do not, however, believe they’re the best young lineup in the East. That honor belongs to the Wolfpack.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Code:

For. Jets coming through is not a surprise. We had a brilliant streak in the middle of S47 but ultimately came up shy of that 5th spot. This season, we have some key players hitting their prime (Wagstrom and Manius), some veteran players still performing very well (Visser and CFJ), a solid top 4 D, and our rookie line producing well together. It reads well on paper, so nothing to be surprised about.

Code:

For. I took a bet on Thomason in my fantasy draft, so I blindly believe he will show up and take both the Rage and my fantasy team to victory. Pls

Code:
Some surprising new names are leading the league in total points which includes Lil Manius (29 points), Shooter McGavin (29 points) and Anders Christiansen (28 points) .. one of these 3 will win this seasons point title.

For. Lil "Hat Trick" Manius is sustainable.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Highly doubtful since the Rage aren't in the Western Division. While I think it may be possible to sneak into the top 5 in the Eastern Division, they have a long road to climb and it will be difficult. I would lean towards no but stranger things have happened.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 01:24 PM by Steelhead77.)

Code:
Some surprising new names are leading the league in total points which includes Lil Manius (29 points), Shooter McGavin (29 points) and Anders Christiansen (28 points) .. one of these 3 will win this seasons point title.

For. Shooter McGavin winning the points title! There is nobody more deserving of the honor than @c00kies, a league veteran since like S4, he's made numerous very good players all for Calgary and has often times taken on team depth role and has never looked for any fanfare or stardom. To see him currently leading the league in both points and goals brings me great joy. I hope he wins the scoring title and if not Manius and Christiansen would also be deserving.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite