Create Account

5 Years Presser/AMA

Rank all the s20s that are still active

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

06-30-2019, 03:09 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
06-30-2019, 02:22 PMmcgriddleluver Wrote: U wan sum fuk bby?

But serious; what's the biggest change you've noticed in 5 years?
Yes I want all the fuk

The biggest change has to be the attitude of the community. When I first joined, people were friendly enough, but there was a LOT of aggression, trolling, flame baiting, etc. I feel like the community over time has moved towards being more cordial and I think that the transition to discord helped a lot in that regard. It's a lot easier to get to know people not just from your own team but from around the league when you have a service like discord for your main communication.

Nerd

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

06-30-2019, 02:52 PMluketd Wrote: when joining the SHL did you think you would be here 5 years later? Some people you liked the most from this site? Why doesnt Buffalo draft any Vancouver people?

Not at all lol. I joined the summer after my freshman year in college when I came home from a shitty summer job and had a message on reddit from one of the regulars on r/bluejackets. That was @Schmidt, he asked me to join the league and I became a part of the first Reddit draft in Season 20. 40 game seasons, Chatzy instead of Discord, a completely different updating scale and base stats for players... good times eh.

The list of people is too long, but I'll throw some names out of people who aren't "with us" anymore. Formx, Grimmsterj, Deener, Banjo, Pandar, Soy, Bishop, JackCross.. buncha good people tbh.

I'm not intentionally avoiding Vancouver prospects I promise Blush

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Jesus you joined here 5 years ago? Get a life

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

What have been the top 5 highlights of your tenure on the forums as a whole?

Who have been the top 5 users you've had the pleasure of GMing?

Who would win in a fight: Jeremy Anderson or Ryan Vas?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

When will BUF kick it into another gear and overcome their Eastern Conference enemies?

As a fellow CBJ fan, give me two things to be hopeful about with tomorrow looming like a sad cloud.

Why did you draft Samuel Jalopski in S45? Do you regret your choice in hindsight?

What does Tatu Makela eat for breakfast?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

06-30-2019, 03:17 PMkit Wrote: Rank all the s20s that are still active
That's pretty tough Kit, I don't wanna hurt any feelings here. Just know you're somewhere in the middle. Average. Mediocre. Just kinda there.

06-30-2019, 04:56 PMGrapehead Wrote: What have been the top 5 highlights of your tenure on the forums as a whole?

Specifically on the forums? I'll assume that's what you mean, not necessarily involving the league/sim. I also don't know if I would call them highlights but definitely "the moments". My first season with Kelowna and Kari Kekkonen was really fun. Even though I don't align with Kelowna, I still recall my time there fondly and thought we had a stellar group of players and GM in Kez. Then there's the whole Deplorables thing which I think was a bit of a defining moment for not just myself as Detroit's GM but a defining moment for the SMJHL as a whole. There are all of those thunderdomes along the way, too many to name. My hiring thread to Buffalo was a top moment for me for obvious reasons, also winning the Cup. In the end I think my favorite forums-specific bit during my time here was in the LAP locker room pre-discord. Ragnar, Wasty, Formx, Dankoa, Crutch, me, Ruutu, Bishop, lots of others. Just a real good time in there and was always active.

It's always tough to make a short list, especially when I've GMed more than one team, but I think the first name that jumps out to me is Avakael. I drafted him to Detroit, had him as my co-GM for a bit there, and then he's been with me for my entire time in Buffalo and has served as captain of the team for like 12 seasons now. There's a whole mess of great guys out there that I've had the pleasure of GMing, but I think Avakael definitely shines through. I'll just leave it at that, I don't want to make a whole list and be forced to leave people out.

Jeremy Anderson would put Ryan Vas through a fucking table. Isn't that right @Yurt6?

Be honest, what did you think of prospective #1 Chuck Goody?

Is your hardcore ironman dead yet

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

06-30-2019, 06:56 PMhhh81 Wrote: When will BUF kick it into another gear and overcome their Eastern Conference enemies?

As a fellow CBJ fan, give me two things to be hopeful about with tomorrow looming like a sad cloud.

Why did you draft Samuel Jalopski in S45? Do you regret your choice in hindsight?

What does Tatu Makela eat for breakfast?
STHS puts Buffalo in a weird spot with how it doesn't reward stacked teams. I think we have the potential to dominate any team in the league at any given moment though with how our roster is structured. We started off slow this season just like in Season 47, but we've had a nice surge as of late and we're definitely a lock for the playoffs in the East in my mind.

Tomorrow we will retain our 2020 1st round pick and we'll have so much cap space we won't know what to do with it. Other than that we can only console each other after we losing Bread and Bobo.

I regret every interaction that I have ever had with Samuel Jalopski. His name disgusts me, but his face is even more disgusting.

Tatu Makela strictly eats Cap'n Crunch for breakfast, without milk. Completely dry.

06-30-2019, 08:09 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: Be honest, what did you think of prospective #1 Chuck Goody?
He got roped into that bullshit by having to trade for 1OA to draft himself to his own team. Bojo should've been the 1OA pick, duhhhhhh.

06-30-2019, 08:25 PMJT3 Wrote: Is your hardcore ironman dead yet
Of course not, I would actually have to log in and play the game in order to die.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Do you regret picking @Cash savage and @Toxic ?

Also where's the beef?

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

06-30-2019, 07:43 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
06-30-2019, 04:56 PMGrapehead Wrote: What have been the top 5 highlights of your tenure on the forums as a whole?

Specifically on the forums? I'll assume that's what you mean, not necessarily involving the league/sim. I also don't know if I would call them highlights but definitely "the moments". My first season with Kelowna and Kari Kekkonen was really fun. Even though I don't align with Kelowna, I still recall my time there fondly and thought we had a stellar group of players and GM in Kez. Then there's the whole Deplorables thing which I think was a bit of a defining moment for not just myself as Detroit's GM but a defining moment for the SMJHL as a whole. There are all of those thunderdomes along the way, too many to name. My hiring thread to Buffalo was a top moment for me for obvious reasons, also winning the Cup. In the end I think my favorite forums-specific bit during my time here was in the LAP locker room pre-discord. Ragnar, Wasty, Formx, Dankoa, Crutch, me, Ruutu, Bishop, lots of others. Just a real good time in there and was always active.

It's always tough to make a short list, especially when I've GMed more than one team, but I think the first name that jumps out to me is Avakael. I drafted him to Detroit, had him as my co-GM for a bit there, and then he's been with me for my entire time in Buffalo and has served as captain of the team for like 12 seasons now. There's a whole mess of great guys out there that I've had the pleasure of GMing, but I think Avakael definitely shines through. I'll just leave it at that, I don't want to make a whole list and be forced to leave people out.

Jeremy Anderson would put Ryan Vas through a fucking table. Isn't that right @Yurt6?

Heart

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]