Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S48)
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2019, 05:17 AM by MrStennett.)

Code:
Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Edmonton's fortunes have been mostly tied to the play of star goalie Tommy Tuck. As his play has gotten stronger over the back end of the regular season, so did the Blizzard make a push to make it into the playoffs.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

i guess ill make the trip over to Buffalo, being in the same state and all, it wouldnt be too much of a hassle. id most likely don a Victor Marius jersey as i strive to be the kind of player Victor is. seems like a nice person in my experience as well.

Code:
What players are keeping their opponents GM's up at night in this match up?

Edmonton is definetly staying up late at night to go over strategies. Calgary has the oldest and one of the most winning est management in the SHL, anyone who doesnt plan ahead of time for a long amount of time is setting themselves up for failure.

Code:

Rainbow dash needs to step up for their team to win. An aquired player that is worth 2 1st round picks is not living up to expectations right now. What he needs to do to prove all the haters wrong on twitter is to come out and get a couple points each playoff round and step up.

Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?
In Edmonton and Calgary there isnt. They have 2 great goalies that are at the top of their game in the playoffs. In buffalo they have the better goalie compared to McFadden of Toronto that has been in the league for the longest time

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Despite their immense amount of scoring, I think that Buffalo can capitalize on one thing about the North Stars' roster. I noticed that a few people have a horrendous plus minus, and I think they must all be on a line together. If Buffalo can get a mismatch going when that line (I assume third) is out on the ice, they might have a much easier time scoring the puck and making the powerful Toronto offense come from behind.

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

Calgary has a goalie advantage in every matchup by default. Nobody is cooler in and aspect than Kata Vilde and his managing agent Barnabas Collins aka Belgarat aka Nimblerod. He is one of the better people I have met on this site or elsewhere. This is a man in full, confident but not arrogant, dominant but not bullying. He provides an example on and off the ice worthy of anyone following. With him in net and in the locker room, Calgary is always dangerous, always a dragon ready to strike.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Code:

If there is, one person who needs to step in the wild card is Otis Driftwood. The bulk of the season he floated around the ice and piece of driftwood floating around the ocean. If dragons want to move to the next round then this man needs to step it up.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

I do not believe that any team truly matches up with NOLA well. Calgary does have Izzy and a solid supporting cast that can take off some games if needed. Buffalo is the clear cut answer here. Toronto is too weakened post trade deadline to keep up and Tampa Bay doesn't have the talent to deal with the Stampede. Yeah, I get it. Langerfield, Andani, Ball and Blue had crazy seasons. Yeah, still won't matter.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to seize center stage?

The young star Bobby Sharp on the Buffalo Stampede finds himself in the best possible position to show the league what he is worth. After putting up 21 points in the regular season we can only expect him to perform similarly in this playoff series.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:

If you are the Toronto North Stars, you need to always be aware when Kevin Hamilton is on the ice. Though he's getting older, he is still an elite pest. Hamilton can truly do it all. He's one of the best hitters in the SHL while also having the ability to score. The Stars will put extra attention on him.

Code:
60 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Locomotive will keep the buffalo GM up all night. He is an absolute threat on the ice and watch out for him. He is an offensive powerhouse and need to be double teamed in order to be stopped. He can break up the buffalo defense to shreds.

[Image: giphy.gif]

If the Calgary Dragons want to make it to the next round then Mike Izzy will need to preform like the 2k TPE earner he is. He needs to score in every game and help his teammates excel even more than usual. The Dragons dont have the same depth as previous years so it will be important for Izzy to help the bottom lines aswell.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

I think with Calgary and Buffalo we have Challenge Cup winning GMs, and in the case of Calgary we have a guy who has been a Challenge Cup Champion numerous times during his career and has done a great job of cultivating a great culture, so they definitely have the biggest advantage while Buffalo has the second biggest.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

My opinion is the Dragons and Stampede have a managerial advantage over their matchups. Their GMs have won cups before with the type of roster they possess and I think their opponents will have some series studying to do before the series starts.

Doubt is a dream killer

Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

Both Buffalo and Edmonton lacked a point per game player during the regular season. This could, very much, be the area that their opposing teams take advantage of.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

The most dangerous player in the Edmonton v Calgary series has got to be Cory Knouse. He is an elite player with tons of playoff experience. He will need to be shut down if Calgary has any hopes of winning

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France