Create Account

S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week

Quote:- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I have met quite a few people on this site that I am friendly with. There are a few people who I used to be really close to a long time ago and they all have mostly burnt out from the site. Since I’ve been back, so many people from my LRs have absolutely been super cool to hang with. Kelowna by far has an absolutely awesome LR as well as WKP and Czechia. Zoone, Glowy, NJBadApple, Jess, Shiny, MiCool132, the list goes on. So many cool folks that are super chill.

That’s just out of Kelowna and while some of those carry over, some guys in WKP like Jr, efiug, CFJ and the rest are some of the other guys that I share a LR with in WKP. Also, again a lot of these cross over to Czechia LR and guys like Blaster, Cal, Eddie, and loads of others also hang in that LR. It’s hard to shout out everyone, but these three LRs have been an absolute joy to be apart of. Thanks guys!

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Just to end the week on the nicer note, let's thank some of the people I met so far and have made my experience on this site so much better. First off, my Halifax S46 classmates, @"Flareon4043" @Kalakar and last but not least @slothfacekilla for being the main core of what turns out to be one fantastic locker room out there in Halifax. That locker room wouldn't however exist without the help of @bilbo @JR95 @King @TheDangaZone @BadWolf and @StamkosFan, which have been there to start it all off for us and fling us into this league the correct way up. Thanks to them, I have been drafted to another fantastic LR to boot, the Manhattan Rage's one, @JayWhy @GeckoeyGecko lead, and inhabitated by all sorts of invaders from Czechoslovakia, or Czechia nowadays, with some occasional frendly faces from other teams. When mentioning Czechia, can't go around without mentioning how fun and amazing the experience has been there aswell, mainly thanks to @Blastmeaway@caltroit_red_flames@39alaska39@"luketd" and @Inf1d3l. You guys created such a great environment to make me interested in the IIHF, which seems to not always be the norm and its honestly sad how your work might go unnoticed because of it.

That's a lot of pings, and even more words, but the last thing I wanted to say is thank you. Thank you for making my time in SHL something I enjoy and for making this a fun thing to do.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

The first few days after joining the website are among my most enjoyable moments. Being a noob and having no clue whatsoever what was going on were great times. Signing up at like 3 am in the morning with no real intention to commit long term to getting draft in the later rounds in the SMJHL draft was special. Joining the Colorado discord with like 8 other rookies and the hundred of mess were great. Ive been in many fantasy leagues but nothing like this. And then the SHL draft a few weeks later. I still think both drafts are the best moments in a players career when thinking about it. I have a few seasons left with my first player and I gotta admit things get pretty stale after year 6-7.

Also winning the silver medal with Russia is still to this day my player's greatest achievement and the few days when it happened was really fun. Upsetting teams left and right, one of the rare times i was F5ing for the sim to come up

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Code:
- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

So far my most enjoyable moment in the SHL was the Montreal Militia's Four Star Cup push last season. I decided to stay in the juniors because I wanted to be try and be a triple gold club player. I really wanted to win for Montreal as the site seems to make fun of the Militia since they changed their brand. I got close last season with a great team of different personalities and activity levels. I liked it because the SMJHL is a wild show with any team winning. It's like the Canadian Hockey League where you only have a few years to win the Memorial cup. With great teammates and management in @gillon , @EuroCap , @James Truong @BarnabasCollins @Wally @CampinKiller we came close in 7 games but fell just short. Like a real life sports team we all felt the disappointment when we lost. That's what makes the SHL cool and fun; coming together as a team and adjusting to the different kinds of people in your locker room.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

For me the biggest influences on my time here in the SHL have to be my teammates on the Pride. Before the draft, I had multiple people reach out to me and try and get a sense for how interested I would be in being a member of the Pride and what type of fit I would be for the team.

Since then, I’ve had a lot of fun chatting with the crew in discord and starting to put those performances together on the ice. We’re led by two great guys in @tweedledunn and @Grapehead and they’re both big presences in the lockerroom and effective in their role.

We’ve lost a couple of big actives in @King and @"luketd", both of whom were very active (RIP King) and super good to chat with. Even though they've left we still have a very solid group of guys who I definitely enjoy being around @Muerto @bluesfan55 @bilbo @prettyburn @Jiggly_333 @micool132 @CanadianDuck and even some more. I’m sorry if I left some of ya out guys, I love you all.

The team is pretty tight, and while like with any group there are some disagreements and sometimes the ideas clash, but everyone sorts it out and gets on with it.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Code:
Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

The most enjoyable times I've had on SHL were apart of the Edmonton Blizzard chatzy beginning around Season 15 and going until Discord started to get popular around the SHL. The Edmonton chatzy at that time was the perfect blend of great people, great laughs and great times. Between nights of plug.DJ, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, recording an episode of a podcast or just a night of chats, it was what kept everyone involved continuing to come back to the site and still enjoy the SHL. Since I need to tag people involved, I know @teztify @Allegiant @JayWhy @Jedi @Muerto are still around. Along with those five names, you can even add in people like Jaytee, Toast, Green, Harry and Tylar to this. The group was strong and the group dissipating was a major reason for my inactivity. It was very much the perfect group of people coming together at the perfect time to make one hell of an SHL group, the likes of which will never been seen again.

Code:
171 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

ll us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Easily, the most enjoyable moment I have had on this site in my like 6 years of being here was with the Texas Renegades organization between S15-S25. I was a young kid in High School and loved to just spend all day on the computer, plus all of the guys on the team were so easy to shoot the shit with, and just talk about life in general. The group evolved heavily into a tight knit group of guys who loves hockey, football, basketball etc. and loved to discuss those out of SHL topics. We rarely talked about the SHL ever, if any time we would. Guys like @DanbyRem @bbp @NateyD @Deenerys Targa-rene @Kinsler and many many more I am forgetting were guys that I loved to talk with all the time, and really developed a good bond with them. While the closest companionship I have had on the site came from the Buffalo Stampede and the early Los Angeles Panthers, nothing has beaten my days in Texas.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I've been in the SHL for along time now and I've met some great people over the years. I've spent a majority of my time in the SHL with the Los Angeles Panthers and it's been in incredible organization to be a part of. @Wasty has shown a ton of dedication to the team and the league in general. Hes set a great example with his leadership and definitely helped me with my own g.m. jobs and just an overall chill person to talk to. Theres too many people to name that have been excellent to be teammates with but the Panthers will always be home for me.

I was lucky enough to be a part of SMJHL expansion with the Halifax Raiders and my time as G.M. there was one of the most enjoyable experiences on the site. The teams were excellent and the people I worked with were awesome to do so with. Both championship teams I was G.M. for featured some incredible people like @Toast @Your Mothers Favorite Goalie @Toivo @Pris @NYRangers and it was amazing to enjoy success with them and countless others. It's also excellent how the organization has evolved after I moved on and I know that theres some championships in the teams future.

Quick shoutout to people like @Muerto @Jedi @Ohtaay
@Count Chocula & @micool132 who were such a fun group of people to be around with the Knights and indirectly helped mold the future image of the Raiders as I strived to create something similar when building the team.

Cheers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

The "Potato Award" was a fun shit post that gained momentum and sustained it through meme status and became a fun piece to follow along. Introduced by @bbjygm the trophy would be passed from player to player by means of hitting another player, like a reverse game of tag, or king of the hill, or following the trail of your herpes from your wife to the pool boy to your neighbor's daughter, to that miscreant who drives in the neighborhood too fast.
I chuckled at the premise at first, but after a week or so of the posts, I started to get hooked. This ongoing thread was less of a shitpost, and more of a clever application of the user's creativity to keep the site interesting. Growing your player without watching him or her play, only reading the box scores, is very similar to father without custody hoping that his kid gets drafted, but he isn't allowed to watch the kid play on TV or go to the games.
Being commissioned by @hotdog to create this was my chance to contribute to the lore, and give interested perusers something fun and interesting to click on.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Topic 2

I haven't had any fun moments on this site. I've been messed with too much in my time here constantly underrated and undermined. I put up a historic rookie season in the SMJHL and the league wouldn't even make the rookie of the year trophy that season for some reason. I was surprised they didn't even give me a shout out on the naming process either. No rookie defenseman has done what I have done in the SMJHL on Kasparek. Nobody. Then there's all these CC2 situations. I get left out of the WJC right after being nominated for SMJHL MVP and winning the SMJHL 2way player award. How do you leave me out of the WJC? It's ridiculous. My SMJHL coach also demoted me in the playoffs for several games in some sort of outrage when I was the best player. The SHL has been a complete clown show. I had the same number of points at Flacko but had more hits than all 5 Jesster Trophy nominees combined. I did not get a single vote for all rookie team due to bias and jealousy of my abilities, and I also didn't get nominated for the Jesster trophy. Fun fact I only had 5 less points than Dekens and way more hits. I could have won. How do I get kept off the nominee list? BS. This past season I should have been nominated for the Dar trophy over Cuddles. The committee has clearly become lazy and may not be doing their research. I was better than Cuddles offensively AND defensively through metrics of advanced stats. He only had raw hits over me and not by much. They just vote whoever they like and try to hold me down. It's a massive conspiracy and I am going to uncover it. The league is after me.

300 words

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

#3 There's been a few people on the site that I've become good friends with over time, @Nereus, @JR95 and others that I've gotten to know fairly well. However on this one I am going to focus on those that welcomed me when I first came into the league. First of all would be @DrunkenTeddy whom took me in and drafted me to the Whalers and later brought me on to help out and learn the ropes of management. @adamantium is another. I apprenticed under him as Co for the Whalers and he gave me valuable insight into the league and running a team. Lastly we have @Wasty and @Bottas17 who drafted me at the end of the first round in season 38, a chance I appreciate and a choice I cherished during my seasons in LAP. I couldn't have gotten to the point I have without all of you and you've each aided me along in your own ways. Thank you all

My favorite moment was probably winning the Challenge Cup with the Minnesota Chiefs in Season 39. It was the result of so much effort and perseverance and took a lot of great people who truly bought into the direction of the team. It also makes me sad to see how ten seasons later, that the things we built have largely been destroyed. However, the memory of winning it all was so great and I even remember exactly where I was when we officially won it all - I was in a bus travelling and once we won, I was so thrilled. Honestly, the excitement was just as much as the relief, knowing that the literal years of hard work and dedication had finally come to fruition. And while I know it may sound cheesy, when argar handed me the reigns to Minnesota, I promised that Garbanzo would win a cup and I was happy to have helped him do so after a long and remarkably successful career as one of the best ever.

@ArGarBarGar @Shmurph @"Andybj" @dnL @Confusion @prettyburn @EuroCap @"SwegButthole" @DonutDefender @spooked @sarmo @Rich @Bishop @MrPrime

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Why most enjoyable moment on this site so far is fairly easy to describe and it is the one most people would expect that it would be the moment which gave me the most joy. It's when the Buffalo Stampede won their first ever Challenge Cup against the New Orleans Specters in a close game 7. I have never experienced more joy on the site than in that moment. All the hard work that everyone has put in through the seasons for this team and this LR finally resulted in on-sim performance so Lee and I would be forever in the history books that won the very first Cup for the team which uses Green and Gold. It also made me realize how big my emotional involvement was in this site which actually shocked me quite a bit to be honest and I thought to myself maybe I should take a little step back but then I realized it's one of the things I truly love to do in my free time otherwise I wouldn't spend so much of it on this site :D

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

- @spidey Without Spidey giving me my first chance in the league, there's a good chance I wouldn't have lasted as long as I have. Spidey is a Dragons legend and one of my favorite members in league history. He was a great captain and GM for the Dragons and really helped me out when I was just beginning in the league both with building my player and staying active on the site.

- I really enjoyed the Dragons rivalry with the Renegades back in the day. The rivalry led to some super intense PBP's and heated times on the site and I really miss members like @kikish18 @gorlab @Birks @Caillean @Jaladolar being involved in those threads. One of the big downsides of the discord era is everyone is a lot more friendly with others due to most people being in multiple discords with other people that aren't their teammates and that leads to a lack of real rivalries.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23