Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

When I chose my teams affiliate I decided to go with the next biggest city closest to Winnipeg and it was Brandon, almost went with a town called Stonewall inside of Winnipeg but it wasn't popular enough, looking through the cities I wasn't a fan of of their name but wanted to pick a spot that was well known and close to the affiliate franchise so players can get back and forth easier. When I was thinking about a team name I was stuck between the Mounties and Submarines, decided to go with the Submarines because they are located on the backs of Assiniboine River and fits perfectly in this scenario. Since the team is fresh in all expects, the management would be too. The management would consist of the best available staff but favor Jets alumni applications and veterans of the league, alums would know the area better than anybody else and the veterans would help create a competitive atmosphere quick.

SHL Team Name: Winnipeg Jets
SMJHL Team Name: Brandon Submarines

(179 words)

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

SHL Team: Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks
Affiliate: Pittsburgh Steelhawks

For the Hamilton Steelhawks affiliate, I chose Pittsburgh as the location due to it being within a few hours drive of Hamilton. Pittsburgh is a great hockey town with very passionate hockey fans that are dying to get more hockey (I don't care what other fanbases say, Pittsburgh has great hockey fans. Fight me.). I decided to steal the Steelhawks name from the parent team as Pittsburgh is the City of Steel (another reason why I chose this location). So, I believe that many of the fans around the area could absolutely get behind another team in the area with 'Steel' in the name. The people I would choose to manage this team would consist of @aaronwilson, @SecondSucks22, @Gwdjohnson, and @"luketd". Aaron would be my Analytics Department Head since he's incredibly gifted in the world of programming and other stuff like that, SS22 would be by Head Scout since he's good at finding talent for us to target and talk to the parent club about, Gabe would be my coach since people can get behind him and he can absolutely lead a team, and Luke would be my Assistant General Manager since he knows how to run a team and would be of great help to me.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

My team's minor league affiliate will play somewhere warm so our players can be sent down to thaw when things get too chilly in Winnipeg.  To that end, I have picked Mexico City to be our minor team location.  Hockey is not very big in Mexico, but we have an opportunity to grow the game while we're there.

The team will be the Puddlejumpers because a small propeller jet fits thematically as the minor version of the Jets.  The team may be far away from other teams in the minors, but we'll fund a private puddlejumper to take them between games.  Regional planes like that won't do well with making the long flights in single hops, so we'll plan press tours around our refueling stops.  Again, buying into the idea of growing the game in Mexico and also making some merch sales along the way.

@StamkosFan will be responsible for managing this team because the idea is a total mess but I trust he can make it hold together with enough duct tape.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

For me, the Barracuda's affiliate should be somewhere in Florida, no doubt. It should be a fair way from the team, like most affiliates, so how about... Miami area. Maybe not that far, but somewhere close. There's a neat place nearby called West Kendall, which seems pretty good for a minor league team. Anyways, for the team name, I think that a military-esque name would be a good fit, since Florida is home to many a military base. While the Conquistadors or the Spaniards would be an interesting name and a good name given the history of the state, I think a much more fitting and modern name would be something along the lines of something like battlers or even better, and I came up with this one on the fly, the Platoon. As for staffing for such a team... @Kalakar and I should be a good team for the job, and we get along with @JSS and @Jepox well enough.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 11:19 PM by Briedaqueduc.)

For the LA Panthers, I feel that the affiliate should be a scaled down version of the main team. It should be near LA, like in Anaheim or somewhere else in California (except San Francisco), so that we feel that both teams are linked together and that new players can get used to the area. I think that the team should have the same colors, but have orange as the main color instead of the teal. Again, it's so we get that they are affiliated, but still differentiate both of them. They should be called the Cubs, because they are like the young Panthers. They grow up in the affiliate team before becoming a full-grown Panther. I think the GM should be any of the GMs that left their SMJHL teams. I bet that was the reason they stepped down : they were getting ready for something bigger. They have the experience required to start a new team and a league. 

164 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

I thought about this long and hard, but for awhile now, I've wanted an affiliate to be called the Kalamazoo Kazoos. I mean, first and foremost, Kalamazoo is just a stupidly awesome name for a city and it's populated enough to support a hockey team. Secondly, not only does Kazoos roll off the tonuge incredibly well alongside Kalamazoo, but the logo could be the famous Kazoo kid that's all over the internet in memes and videos. There is so much untapped potential with this team location and name that I would absolutely make sure it would become a reality.

As to who would run it, obviously I would be the head honcho, but I would also like @BadWolf to come join me because she knows how to work well with me and would absolutely make sure that there would be no mayo in the office and she'd bring me many shiba inus to pet while we were in the head office. @"Flareon4043" and @JR95 can join the team's management as well because they are both excellent dudes and know how to build an effective team and an active locker room. Together, we will make the Kalamazoo Kazoos a dynasty and the crown jewel of the league!

211 words.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

There are so many options for where to put an affiliate team for the Manhattan Rage. You could with the local options like Portland, Maine, Albany, New York, or Newark, New Jersey that could all support a minor hockey team, or you could go with a random out of the region location like St. John, New Brunswick, Canada, Memphis, Tennessee, or Great Falls, Montana that all would likely be able to support a franchise. For this PT, I will be one from each category. Take Great Falls for example. I would name the team the Great Falls Missilemen in honor of Malmstrom Air Force Base, the local military base that houses the 341st Missile Wing of the US Air Force Global Strike Command. The name would honor that organization and still would work in terms of a hockey team. On the flip side, for the local options, if I was putting a team in Newark, I would call them the Newark Angels. Their colors would be a pale blue and white, basically the exact opposite of the Rage. I like the idea of if the team name for the minor league team was going to be related to the organization, it should be the opposite. Makes it more fun in my opinion.

The business side of things would be run by @"luketd" as he is the co-GM of the Rage and the coaching decisions would be run by @Tomasnz as he is the assistant coach of the Rage currently. This would allow for consistency up and down the organization in the way that we play.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

I could see Texas having an affiliate team in the desert somewhere, possibly New Mexico or Arizona but I'm going to go with New Mexico. They could play in Santa Fe or Albuquerque, maybe Las Cruces. New Mexico is a nice state and while it's not a breeding ground for hockey, neither is Texas. A few gems could be found there. Plus, it's not THAT far. As for a mascot, Los Lobos is low hanging fruit and a bit generic so I'd go with Wolverines. No real reason but I like Wolverines and it's not quite as generic as Lobos. I think Albuquerque Wolverines has a nice ring to it and would be a good team to affiliate with the Renegades. I mean Outlaws is already taken right? I think @Jearim or @Winter is Coming would be the two ideal people to run this team. Both have ties to Texas and would do a fine job if the need present itself.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 11:26 AM by Pris.)

if tampa bay had an affiliate... i don’t know, put it in orlando, that’d be cute. we’ll make a whole thing out of it. the disney dolphins. it’s the children’s version of the team. we’ll build a stadium near the parks, it’ll be an attraction, they’ll make a little ice park out of it during offseasons. i decided to call it the disney dolphins because dolphins are cute and i saw one yesterday, and disney is the peak of permitted capitalist monopolies. i think @sköldpaddor and @Jenny would be good to manage it - jess is about to be a mother, and jenny literally raised me, so. wholesome (sort of) mom energy for a kid friendly environment, away from all the weird ass folk on this team. the kids don’t need to deal with the weird. just roll with the flow of the baby fish.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

My team's minor league affiliate will play in Orlando, Florida. I would have dropped the team in Tampa, as it is my favorite city in the world, but there is an SHL franchise there unfortunately. But it would still be close to home for me and it would be introducing hockey to a major city that somehow doesn't have any professional sports teams (to my knowledge) other than a basketball and a soccer team. The team name would be the Orlando Thrillers, a name that pays homage to Orlando's many famous theme parks and should satisfy the locals and the tourists alike. I would assign Nick Brain @StadiumGambler to manage the team, because I'd really like to see how he would do in a management role. He has some great insight and is someone that I could see being a GM at some point in his future with the league.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

We here at buffalo have decided to branch out and bring about the start of a new era. With that we are proud to announce our minor league affiliate team! The Detroit John Deeres. We have decided to rebrand the skree falcons down at the smjhl and have our new and better feeder team. John Deere is a perfect team for us yee haw yanks and it also solves the problem with all those silly skrees we got going on. There are many capable hands on the buffalo roster for people who would take the reigns on this new team. Lots of detroit alumni but for me I believe the best would be mcz. Oh wait he isn't on the team anymore ... in that case hippo passamus! His dedication is bar none (or bar south) and I know he would lead the team to greatness. Minor league teams that have a direct correlation to their shl counter parts would be a solid change in the right direction and a good place to start to smooth the league out.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

My minor league affiliate would be called the Paris Pandas, because I think it would be cool to have a team based in France. Obviously that's a very popular tourist city with lots of cool landmarks, would just be a super awesome place to have a team. I liked the idea of Pandas just because it's a great animal to use on a logo and it has a nice ring to it really with the name being alliterative. I would put Gary Grease @FlappyGiraffe in charge of it because he's already doing a great job running the Jets major league team so who better to use to steer the minor league club to victory? He could definitely manage the future jets and have a first hand look at the up-and-coming stars that will one day play for him. This would ensure that all Jets prospects were developed correctly and developed really close ties to the Winnipeg Jets organization, maybe even felt eager to go up to the pros as soon as possible.

hi

Code:
Written Task: In the event that this takes place the league is asking that this be a collaberative effort of ideas. Give us a rundown on where your teams minor league affiliate will play? What will it be called? Why did you decide to call it that? and who on your staff will take the responsibility of managing the new team and why!?  (150+ words and tag all involved)

I believe that the best place to put your minor league affiliate is somewhere that is close to home. As a member of the Winnipeg Jets, I think that having the farm team in Manitoba will do wonders. I have chosen the location to be Brandon, Manitoba. According to the last Canadian census in 2016, it is the second largest city in Manitoba (behind Winnipeg of course). I have decided to stick with the aviation theme and name them the Brandon Spitfires. I think it actually sounds pretty good and I like the whole theme of it. It would really feel like one big family. I would let the current management (@FlappyGiraffe and @Troy_McClure03) handle the entire organization because I think they have done such a good job. I also think that @fever95 can definitely help out because of his experience within the league and @StamkosFan because he will do anything to win and wants the best for this organization. I think that we have a great blend of people in upper management who can handle a minor league affiliate very well.

Code:
182 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

The Dakota Warriors

I would love to see the Dakota Warriors as Minor League Team of the Minnesota Chiefs. I like the names of the States of North and South Dakota and they are the neighbors of the state Minnesota. So it would make sense from the location too. Warriors in the style of roman or greek and I love this culture. I believe all would be so proud to be a part of the Minor League Team the Dakota Warriors. Colors would be red and yellow or blue and white. The symbol would be probably a greek or roman helmet or a roman or greek shield. As Managers I would love to see Gibbles, Seger or BadWolf. They are proud Minnesota Chiefs Members and they could bring in the tactics and life of the pro team of Minnesota. As Co-GM they could bring in some fresh blood of the own prospects or an interested outside member.

158 words

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

For our affiliate team we wanted something close by to make it easy for travel back and forth between the big club. It never made sense to me why teams would have affiliates all the way across the country. For that reason we decided on the San Diego Diablos as our affiliate. San Diego is nearby with a large population base so we think they could definitely sustain a minor league team, and if things go well perhaps host an SHL team in the future. For the team name we went with the Diablos. Due to the proximity to the Mexican border, San Diego has a strong Spanish culture so Diablos, meaning Devils in Spanish, felt like a good fit, and a cool name. To run the squad I think I would select @Otrebor13, I think he has what it takes to manage a team and his passion for the Panthers organization make him a great fit.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page