Create Account

S49 PT#3 - SHL Big Brother program
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 01:29 PM by jason97.)

Code:
Written Task: If you are in the SHL, the league has asked that you to choose a player in the SMJHL to take in, work withand put in some difficult life skill situations which may come up in the future.. and see how they handle it.. and in 150+ words explain how it all worked out!? Who did you choose and what made you choose them? What did you both do during the week? Did you put him in some difficult situations? what did they struggle with and what did they do well at? What were your final conclusions of your mentorship with this player? **If you are in the juniors, talk about your week with your big brother using the same criteria above. (*tag your big brother).

Being in the juniors, I was able to get Noah Gallagher as my big brother. Gallagher was drafted one year after me to the Winnipeg Jets. I think that Gallagher is a great big brother for the week because this is his rookie season in the SHL, so he can pass down all the things that he has learnt so far to me. We play the same position so I think we have a great connection. He took me under his wing and showed me everything there is to know about making it in the SHL. Just under one season ago, he was in the same situation as me. During our week together, we had a few practice sessions doing some SHL drills, which was really fun. We also got a chance to play a few rounds of golf and just talk about life in the SHL and all the distractions/things I can be prepared for when I move up. He put me threw some tough media assignments but I think I did fairly well and those definitely prepared me for the SHL. To conclude, I think the big brother project was a great success, I really feel as though I am ready for the SHL now. @fever95

Code:
208 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

I chose to mentor Calogero Crudelli @jason97 since he is currently probably the Jets top and most developed prospect. With him probably hitting the pro league soon, he might need some guidance and tips for how to adjust to the game. I decided that he needs to get faster since that's the main thing that changes from juniors to pro, the speed. So we went out to a local track field at a high school, which was currently still off for summer, and I made him jog a few laps as well as do some sprints. I timed each of his laps and sprints and encouraged him to go faster each time so that he would have to push himself. The workout was grueling and exhausting, and he came away soaked in sweat. It was probably difficult to do but it was a good test for his dedication and stamina, and he proved he's willing to do whatever it takes to make it.

hi

When the league approached me to look into talking to a young and upcomming SMJHL player, I immediately drew my attention to a kid I hopefully will be playing with soon, Bo Kane. The strong center that currently is playing for the Colorado Raptors that is looking to make the jump soon to the San Francisco Pride. First thing of course was to take him out on the town, let him get to see the area of San Fran and see how he enjoyed the city and the night life. Still a little young for the states but coming from an area where he can drink back home is going to be the fun task growing up in the states. I took him out and he crashed at my bachelor pad and we had some drinks but he was smart and made sure he isn't risking his training or his career for the party lifestyle. I can tell already he has a bright future and I look forward to playing along side him with the Pride.

@NONAME

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

[Image: cblo4-f31s4.jpg]

@Obsidian311

[Image: Tadisko.png]

@Muerto chose me because of our mutual interest in alcoholic beverages and whatnot. I knew that there would be some problems when Goku Muerto said "well, i'm about to show you how to cope with this leagues bullshit" and handed me a glass of a fine-ass Lagavulin. And there was a bit of truth in his words, because sometimes you just can't deal with some of the things that go down on here without a drink in your hand. But, as i got to know, there are many things in life that make you want to drink, so that's that.

Goku Muerto showed me all the good bars that do not serve a million types of beers. Just went around San Francisco day drinking. He helped me to make list of bars i will have to visit when i eventually get called up to the big league. And also, of course, he showed me seven different ways how to cure a hangover until team practice stars. and he helped me realize that i'm gonna need a lot of practice curing my hangovers. anyway, it was a fun week, i had lots of whiskeys and i think i've fallen in love with Lagavulin during my week in San Francisco. can't wait to come here full time!

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

As a former St. Louis Scarecrows’ player, it is only fitting that the SMJHL player that I would take under my wing for the week would be Scarecrows rookie, Sasha Dangelchek. Sasha is a winger playing bottom line minutes in St. Louis, not unlike myself in my rookie season with the Crows. I had a hard time producing offense in my rookie season in St. Louis, scoring just one goal the entire season and it came on the second from last game of the season. Dangelchek is having a hard time putting points on the board as well, putting up two goals and an assist in 37 games so not quite as much of a struggle as I had. We spent the week training on and off the ice as well as making some time for leisure activities such as a few rounds of golf and catching a Cardinals baseball game in St. Louis. We chatted about staying positive during the struggles of not putting up offense on the scoresheet and continuing to do the little things right as well as staying on track with the training plan and the points will come. It was an enjoyable experience and I have no doubts that Sasha will become a superstar player in the future.

@acdangel

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

My SHL Big Brother is fellow swede Ola Wagstrom @StamkosFan. Wagstrom has had some success in the league, and is still relatively young, so we've been able to relate to each other and he has done a great job mentoring me and preparing me for the upcoming transition to SHL play. I think it was a good decision to place me with someone not from my SHL team, but from my IIHF nation as Wagstrom has explained to me the unique challenges that face European players and has given me a different perspective on how other teams in the SHL are run. Wagstrom has also given me tasks to get involved with my SHL team prior to actually being called up, such as finding time to go see my teammates living in cities where I play SMJHL games and finding time to workout with other Texas SMJHL prospects. All in all, I feel much more prepared for the SHL because of this program.

Because of his age, Alex doesn’t actually know anyone currently playing in the SMJHL right now. However, that didn’t stop him from going back to Colorado to spend some time working out with the newest members of the Raptors. He was able to show some of the players who hadn’t had an opportunity to be in the SHL yet what some of the SHL workouts and training programs were like, as well as the difference in caliber between the SHL and SMJHL programs. He spent a week with the Raptors organization, starting with baseline tests for everyone on the team, then putting the players through their paces and at the end of the week, testing them again. Each player saw improvement in their test results in just one week, and Alex was glad to spend some time with his old team before heading back to Manhattan to finish up the regular season.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Geoff Moore decided to help out his future teammated and current SMHJL star Noah Tedla @tedlamotors Showing him the importance of adulting after making it in the big leagues and how to handle the larger yearly income that will come with the job of being a Hockey player. Moore took Tedla to a car dealership first, to figure out how to bargain and to get the best possible deals from the crooke salesmen. Tedla didn't do that well, ending up purchasing the most expensive car there because it "looks badass". Next up the two went apartment hunting in Minnesota. Moore wanted to show Tedla some places with fair rent, good views, a lot of room and in a good neighbourhood. Tedla instead wanted to buy himself a mansion, which he did. At the end of the day, Moore decided to show him how to get free drinks at a local bar. That worked out well and Moore now thinks Tedla is definitely ready for the big world of adulting with a lot of excess money.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

For some reason the league is making Daniel Smeb to take in a SMJHL player and work with them and help them out. A pretty insane ask in Daniels opinion given that he already basically has to continuously help out his fellow Smeb brothers. Reluctantly Daniel Smeb chose to take in future Japanese super star Akira Ren. @Velevra Daniel chose him as they already have spent some together training for Team Japan in the IIHF and will be spending even more time in the future since Ren will be joining him on the Chicago Syndicate. Daniel decided to prepare Ren for life in Chicago by making him spend some time with his fellow brothers Parker and Kit Smeb. Once the few days were over Ren asked how it went and couldn't even get a straight answer out of him, but it appeared as if he may be scarred for life now, but now Ren is ready for life in Chicago

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

PBE PT Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 06:31 PM by O4L.)

Parker Smeb spent two seasons in the SMJHL and had the most successful SMJHL career out of any of the Smebs. During that time he had problems with how the league was run and even considered retiring from hockey and returning to Korea to play E-Sports due to how bad it got. The league had multiple issues from lack of ice-time for rookie new-gens, lack of scoring, overly long careers and a general lack of focus of what the league should be about and good suggestions for league improvement were pretty much always ignored during his time there. Due to these issues, Parker Smeb decided he needed a protege he could mentor and help make it pro while going through the awful system that is the SMJHL, Parker chose Nicklaus Engel as his rookie as he is a Syndicate prospect whose been struggling with a lack of ice-time and been stuck in a 4th line role on the Knights. Parker took Nicklaus back to Korea, they enjoyed a week of K-Pop, traditional Korean food like tteokbokki and Parker even shared with him some secret Korean wisdom which should help him improve his on-ice game when he returns to NA. Parker also offered Nicklaus a contract with SK Telecoms hockey team should he decide he wants to play hockey in Korea instead. Since returning from the excursion in Korea, Engel has 3 points in 3 games and the Knights have won every game so it's clear his week with Parker helped.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

PBE PT Affiliation

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

PBE PT

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

So I was fortunate enough to have two big brothers mentoring me — Geoff Moore (@Leppish) and Igor Volkov (@TheHockeyist). To say it was eventful would be an understatement. I mean, for one, Igor thought he was Santa Claus and fit through my chimney because "the doorbell wasn't working". After he freshened up, we went to IHOP for breakfast. Nothing unusual there, but then we went to his house; his home laboratory, to be specific. I don't know who taught this guy chemistry, but the guy tried putting francium in water, clearly not caring about his life, or mine for that matter. I suggested we focus more on hockey, because next year, I might be playing alongside him, so we hit the ice together and did a nice training session. He's quite the physical guy, to say the least, and I think the two of us might be Minnesota's shutdown pairing. We said our goodbyes, and then I got to see Geoff, who thought he could teach me "adulting". He claims that I spent money on a mansion and the most expensive car in the dealership because they were quite nice, but my credit score is really good and they were both of great value. If anything, I think the man trying to show me how to get free drinks is the one who should be budgeting a bit better. Nonetheless, I appreciated the effort, and definitely feel like I can make the adjustment from the SMJHL to the SHL, so I appreciate the time they spent with me.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland