Create Account

Toirekari 09/01

[Image: Venables.jpg]
[Image: Budgie-Night.jpg]
[Image: DILK.jpg]@DaftRaincloud 
[Image: Mikhail-Lokitonov-Tank-Commander.gif]@ml002

My first graphics submission, so please give me as much critiquing as possible!

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

the tank stops for no man

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

where is my sig budgie???????????????????????/

Sig 1: 1/5 - 250k + 125k Bonus
I don't see too much done to this one as it's very basic. You have the basic elements in the background, text and a render, but besides that there's not much done to it. I gave you a bonus because of the jersey change though, which was pretty well done. Also, I don't know if you cut the render yourself or maybe you edited it, but part of his face/head is erased, which looks a little strange haha. My recommendations for you would be to try and have the render touch both the bottom and top of the canvas you're working with, rather than having that blank space above his head. I would also say you should experiment with different stocks/textures to try and unify the sig and make it seem like it flows as one. Right now it looks like you tried to put 3 focal points in the sig: The render, the text and the boat in the background. This usually doesn't work and you want to highlight the render as the focal point somehow. If you'd like additional tips/tricks, feel free to message anyone in the graphics community or maybe even take a look at PSDs (if you have photoshop) to get an idea about how other members put their sigs together and the type of work they do on different layers. You can find PSDs here: http://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53. You will also find different resources, tutorials, etc. to give you an idea on what else can be done to make a sig look better.

Sig 2: 2/5 - 500k + 125k Bonus
This one gave me a good laugh haha. Not only with the bird on the goalie, but with his head poking in from the right. I think you can already see the difference of putting the text above the render can make, as it looks more cohesive, so good work there. I like the funny aspect to the sig, but it's still a little bare. The jersey change is nice again, so props on that. I think the biggest area of focus for you would be to try and get one focal point in your sigs and work on making that stand out, all while making the sig look unified. The text is a step in the right direction, and I think if you work on render placement and some simple lighting techniques, you'll start to see a very big improvement.

Sig 3: 1/5 - 250k +125k Bonus
I think this one is very similar to the first one. Again the double render is a little tough and there's no real focus. The text is decent, but the varying texts and the large separation between them makes it look low quality. The sig overall is very dark, and it's evidenced by the render on the left which has a lot of the left side completely black. Similar sentiments here in that you should try working with one focal render and getting your stock work and lighting improved. It would work wonders for your sigs.

Sig 4: 3/5 - 750k
This to me is the best of the bunch. I don't know how to work with gifs in sig making, so excellent job there. The gif looks clean, it doesn't lag or look choppy and you integrated it well. The added hat on Sharp looks funny and the text really compliments the theme of the sig completely. I think the "tank commander" text is a little difficult to read, but overall I think you did a really good job here!

Total Payout: 2.125mil x 2 for first graphics submission = 4.25mil

Since this is your first graphics submission you get 2x the pay on it, so congrats and great seeing you in the graphics community! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out and ask questions. It's great to see more users getting in to graphics.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]