Create Account

Team Canada Punishment

09-06-2019, 12:23 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: I feel like people should be happy they can transfer at all (even if its a small window). In real life you can't just transfer from where you are born unless you like live somewhere for most of your life and qualify as a citizen. It says really clearly picking where your player is from is kinda a big deal, and was honestly the first thing I learned on this site.

It's depends on citizenship times. I had a player I used to play with irl who played for Canada and then swapped to GB later on. 5 years here in the minimum or have some sort of connection. Due to the fact I can't have dual nationality (I think it also doesn't work). Irl you could be born in Canada, raised in the states, have your mum from Russia, your dad from GB, your grandmother for Ireland, grandfather from France and you'd be eligible for them all and you'd have to declare which one you're a part of.

imagine caring about the IIHF enough to have a 6 page thread about it

god bless hope everybody's friday is going well

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

09-06-2019, 01:07 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Is anyone going to make a roster out of the browsing users?  I can only hang here for so long

Venezuela coming soon bro.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

09-06-2019, 02:11 PMMantoRune Wrote:
09-06-2019, 12:13 PMChris-McZehrl Wrote: the thing is Spector had over 6 games played in the last two tournaments! that means he wasnt available for a transfer out via the Backup Rule!!!
we also got many info that he was very hard convinced against Japan and for Canada as normal transfer and then that he should sit out for this backup rule! we dont tolerate this way and for that we brought up this punishment. also before this convincing he was happy in Japan and active in the Japan LR. in the SHL the SHL Team would lose the three first of the next three drafts + a huge personal punishment for the GM who did tamper with that not eligble player.

I was not at all active in the Japan LR. That LR is dead no idea where you heard that from. I was however active and happy in worlds for wjc

You're dead.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-06-2019, 02:37 PMC9Van Wrote:
09-06-2019, 01:07 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Is anyone going to make a roster out of the browsing users?  I can only hang here for so long

Venezuela coming soon bro.

Rather go for a Honduras Team, but if we get landmines then Venezuela would be cool

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Makes sense

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

WHEEL!
OF!
DISCIPLINE!

Tongue

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

[Image: f4J8L86.png]

Mike Izzy - Dick Clapper - Jon Forty-One
Stavros Halkias - Dale Miller - Karl Krashwagen
Rintarou Okabe - Jean-Paul Boivin - Corey Kennedy

Chuck Crutchfield - Karlstrabe Scholz
Perry Morgan - Charles Walker
Noah Brusky - Connor Tanner

Goalie: Will tamper Emiko Specter asap.  1 Guest will back up
Suspended: Jax Duggan

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

09-06-2019, 02:44 PMCarbine Wrote: WHEEL!
OF!
DISCIPLINE!

Tongue

I made a thing for this

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

09-06-2019, 02:46 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: [Image: f4J8L86.png]

Oh that one hurts most of all, the first team I make and its as suspended

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

09-06-2019, 02:16 PMMantoRune Wrote:
09-06-2019, 12:23 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: I feel like people should be happy they can transfer at all (even if its a small window). In real life you can't just transfer from where you are born unless you like live somewhere for most of your life and qualify as a citizen. It says really clearly picking where your player is from is kinda a big deal, and was honestly the first thing I learned on this site.

It's depends on citizenship times. I had a player I used to play with irl who played for Canada and then swapped to GB later on. 5 years here in the minimum or have some sort of connection. Due to the fact I can't have dual nationality (I think it also doesn't work). Irl you could be born in Canada, raised in the states, have your mum from Russia, your dad from GB, your grandmother for Ireland, grandfather from France and you'd be eligible for them all and you'd have to declare which one you're a part of.

Actually, it's quite a bit more complicated than that: https://www.iihf.com/en/static/5453/eligibility

So, with your example in mind, you'd automatically be eligible for Canada, as that was your birthplace (although I'd imagine you'd have those other citizenships too, so it might be an interesting case), and, providing you have American citizenship, could apply to join the American team, if I understand the rules and your example correctly.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

09-06-2019, 02:39 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
09-06-2019, 02:11 PMMantoRune Wrote: I was not at all active in the Japan LR. That LR is dead no idea where you heard that from. I was however active and happy in worlds for wjc

You're dead.

Oh no I'm dead. I mean honestly don't lie to yourself there's not been talking in there for a solid month
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 03:38 PM by Velevra.)

There are a few things at play here that I will touch on.

1) IIHF Goals/History: As I alluded to in this post, IIHF is meant to be an offseason tournament where you get to represent your country. Before S20ish (IIHF Reboot) there were no transfers. If you weren’t good enough to make your national team, you played for “Team mercenaries”. New teams were created when there was a player-base to naturally support it. I personally preferred this system. With the new system, we don’t want people moving around but they ultimately have to in order to ensure smaller nations can be sustainable. Hence the current transfer system.

2) New Backup Rule: We wanted to encourage nations who have two active goalies to utilize them both. We implemented a minimum ice time for active skaters and wanted to make sure goalies got to play as well! The goal was to prevent nations from permanently benching a backup goalie. So if a team doesn’t play a goalie enough over a couple of seasons that goalie can apply to the IIHF HO for a transfer. The rules is not supposed to be so goalies can use it to strong-arm a transfer out if they don’t like their team or want a change.

3) Canada Punishment: This was a pretty clear situation, SecondSucks22 admits he messed up and should have done his due diligence. The HO decided to apply what is the standard IIHF tampering for this which honestly isn’t very severe. The loss of a transfer won’t affect Canada, loss of $1M GM pay is not much, and Spector not being able to transfer to Canada just makes sense. Jax Duggan being suspended is the biggest piece (I’m assuming he was going to be on the roster this season as he wasn’t last season). In fact, I’ve already received a joking comment of “wait can we tell any future Canada goalie prospects that their future is better on another nation and just give up a transfer and $1M”. Yes this isn’t your typical tampering and probably shouldn’t be called that but in both “standard tampering” and in this case a player was talked to about transferring to gain an advantage for their nation when they absolutely shouldn’t have.

4) Spector and Japan:
Spector played 3 games for Japan in S47 (before we even had a backup rule). He played 5 games (more than the required for a backup) for Japan in S48. He joined the Japan Discord in May, and has made posts in it saying “I’m a Japanese goalie” and “I’m still banked but just a backup”. He is out earning the other Japanese goalie in TPE and will soon be their starter. He is now threatening that either Japan not play him or that he will retire which puts them in a shitty situation because of the new backup goalie rule we created. This isn’t really related to the punishment but the fact that he thought he was out of Japan thanks to the transfer to Canada and was still PMing an IIHF Commissioner the other day to transfer to Canada after it was rejected shows the unintentional damage our backup rule has had. It especially sucks for Japan who has been playing their backup a lot more than ever required. Note: I’m sure this will be mentioned but I am aware of my biases since my player Akira Ren is Japanese. However, my two former players have also been Canadian (since S11) and Artemis and Chris have no real biases to Japan or Canada that I am aware of.

5) Going forward: Below is a proposal in the IIHF HO regarding better highlighting birthplace choice, this should hopefully improve things. In regards to the backup rule we will need to think about this carefully and weigh pros and cons.

Quote:"As discussed, we are looking to take steps towards revamping how IIHF info is presented to new members. We ultimately want to strike a balance of quickly informing new members about nation players/positions needs while not overwhelming them with IIHF info.

1) Most members use the "Create a Player" form. When choosing a birthplace there is a small note below telling them to read the International Recruiting section. See here for Reference
We want to replace this with a link saying "Click here to learn which nations need players the most".

2) That link will go to a thread called "What Birth Country and Position should I create" that is pinned in the main Create a Player Forum. Mentors can easily link this thread to new recruits.
In this thread we will have a brief intro about why choosing a nation is important. Then we list which teams are in the greatest need of players (based on 350+ TPE players). GMs can also select one position to put next to their team that they especially want to recruit (so they don't list everything). For example:

Nations that need players the most:
1) Switzerland (14 - 350 TPE Players) - Need Defensemen
2) Japan (15 - 350 TPE Players) - Need Goalie
3) Russia (16 - 350 TPE Players) - Need Forwards
etc.

3) The above is the essential info we want to try to get new members to see. Below the list of smallest nations/needs we will have a brief section (100 words max per nation) about each nation. These will be in alphabetical order and at the end of the section you can have a "Read more about Austria here" which will link to what is the current "International recruiting thread". Example:
Austria: Austria is fun, we win medals etc.etc. Learn more about us here.

GMs will have full control over their own teams international recruiting thread and can make changes whenever. These threads will all be reposted and locked in alphabetical order to make the section cleaner. GMs can ask for changes to their 100 word blurb in the main article / change position need by PMing a Commish.

Please let us know your thoughts/concerns with this process. Cheers!"

Like always if you have feedback or want more info don’t hesitate to message or tag me directly. I apologize I have a big deadline I’m working towards on Monday and can’t really reply to each post individually.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

09-06-2019, 03:06 PMMantoRune Wrote:
09-06-2019, 02:39 PMスウェグキング Wrote: You're dead.

Oh no I'm dead. I mean honestly don't lie to yourself there's not been talking in there for a solid month

And as an extension of that, you're dead too.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-06-2019, 02:46 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: [Image: f4J8L86.png]

i leave for lunch and then you decide to make a team.
for shame

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]