Create Account

Kelowna Knights; S50 Semi-Centennial Announcements
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 11:28 AM by NJBadApple.)

Knights Knights Knights Knights Knights
S50 Semi-Centennial Celebration

Welcome everyone to Season 50 for the SMJHL! To celebrate this historic season, the Kelowna Knights will be honoring several long-time members throughout the season, entering them into the Ring of Honor and our Hall of Fame. Today we will be making the first of several posts @Noble and I will make throughout the course of this huge landmark for our franchise.

First and foremost, we would like to announce our captains for this upcoming season. The first "A" goes to a member who has been around the block since 2016. He's entering his 4th season with the Knights and will be a huge staple for us on the back-end this season as we look to make a return to the finals. Our first alternate captain:

Prince Devitt!
@CFJ

Our second "A" goes to someone who needs little introduction. He's done so much for our franchise over the past three 'decades' from being the co-GM, Head GM, and having a nearly PPG player spend three seasons lighting the lamp for the Knights. This time around he's looking to clean-house between the pipes. Our 2nd alternate captain:

Luca Del Vecchio!
@Zoone16

Finally, our captain for the semi-centennial season. Once called a "reach" in the historic S49 SMJHL draft, this man has exceeded all expectations from the haters outside of the organization. However, it comes as no surprise that he's taken the league by storm and among the TPE leaders for his class. Besides being a very heavy locker-room presence, he'll be leading our offense down the middle this season. The captain of our Kelowna Knights:

Ryan Shepard!
@Naosu

Congrats to the leaders of our team this season! Our next announcement is going to come as a surprise for the member we're about to honor, because @Noble and I have been able to keep it a great secret. General Managers are often criticized and over-looked for their team's success; it's a thankless job where they are responsible not only for success in STHS, but cultivating an atmosphere where newer members are welcomed and retention is paramount. Today, we honor one of the great builders of the Kelowna franchise, someone who has accomplished just that and continues to do so to this very day. He spent 4 seasons as GM of the Knights, and became a driving force towards two championship appearances. He stepped down in Season 48, but remains within our HO as our unofficial ambassador and voice of reason. He taught me everything I know about GM'ing in the J and cannot be more proud. As a builder, I'm proud to introduce the newest member of our Hall of Fame:

[Image: ZOONE.png]
@Zoone16

Our final announcement today is the biggest of them all, and has been a very long time coming. While holding fast is a grand tradition and I'm a huge fan of, change is always welcomed and what better time to do it than our 50th season. Having one of the oldest logos in the league, everyone in our HO felt it was time for an update but didn't want to do anything drastic; keeping the deep tradition and honoring the past while moving towards the future was important to all of us. I won't delay this any longer...

Ladies and gentlemen; the newest logo in the SMJHL:

[Image: draft4.png]

[Image: KEL-jerseys.png]

[Image: KEL-banner2.png]

A giant shoutout to @Wasty for, once again, killing it in the graphics department. This ends the first segment of our S50 Semi-Centennial celebration, throughout this season we'll have a number of new players & members entered into our Ring of Honor and Hall of Fame. Knoot knoot.

[Image: KEL-logo2.png] [Image: KEL-logo2.png] [Image: KEL-logo2.png] [Image: KEL-logo2.png] [Image: KEL-logo2.png]

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

HYPE Knights Knights Knights

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Knights oWo Knights

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Oh I know what it is

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

H Y P E

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

HRYPE!

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Nah

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Wow I feel so in on the secret

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Hype?

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Fucking taking his time - hate this! Fuck the hype! Still hyped tho! ;(

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Bump & updated! Congrats to everyone!

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

D O P E

[Image: szY1Nbi.png]
[Image: vwglei8.png]
Left Winger - Gylfi Eriksson
Update Page  ====  Player Page

Holy damn that logo is really nice, it respects the old tradition and brings a modern taste to it!! Congrats @Zoone16 I was always a huge fan of your work and congrats to the S50 captaincy group.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Love the logo update. You really kept the spirit and colours of the team @Wasty . Thank You.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

KNOOTS ASSEMBLE

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43