Create Account

Hissing in the grass

01-08-2020, 10:25 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:24 AMJNH Wrote: Once again, there’s a difference between welcoming new members and helping them find their way on the site (and into GM positions like Gibbles) and not hiring someone because he has shown himself repeatedly to not be a great candidate vs. someone who was a great candidate.  Being welcoming and being selective in the job search are not mutually exclusive.
How do you know if he is great candidate or not, have you talked with McZ?

so you’re the only person on this entire league who can objectively decide whether he’s a worthy candidate?

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

01-08-2020, 10:24 AMbluesfan55 Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:22 AMjRuutu Wrote: No, McZ got beaten by someone who is friends with more HO members.
again with this HO conspiracy bullshit? grow a pair and fucking deal with it. do you think that I, a member with no GM experience, would get a job GMing just because I know and am friendly with HO members? Hell no, cause I’m not qualified. Gibbles is simply more qualified, hence why he got the job
Toxic masculinity in 2020 SHL - hate to see it. ´Grow a pair´... The tone, the sheer toxicity.

Of course you will get a look eventually if you know HO members, you think they will talk shit about you? Some day there will be 50/50 decision with you and some other member and guess what - its you with the HO connections that gets the job.

01-08-2020, 10:28 AMJNH Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:25 AMjRuutu Wrote: How do you know if he is great candidate or not, have you talked with McZ?

so you’re the only person on this entire league who can objectively decide whether he’s a worthy candidate?
Just saying, you and many others wont even give McZ a chance and think he is not fit to run a team.

01-08-2020, 10:29 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:24 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: again with this HO conspiracy bullshit? grow a pair and fucking deal with it. do you think that I, a member with no GM experience, would get a job GMing just because I know and am friendly with HO members? Hell no, cause I’m not qualified. Gibbles is simply more qualified, hence why he got the job
Toxic masculinity in 2020 SHL - hate to see it. ´Grow a pair´... The tone, the sheer toxicity.

Of course you will get a look eventually if you know HO members, you think they will talk shit about you? Some day there will be 50/50 decision with you and some other member and guess what - its you with the HO connections that gets the job.

Gibbles has actually published his application in his media post. Please go read that and tell me, how he wasn't a great candidate.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

01-08-2020, 10:31 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:28 AMJNH Wrote: so you’re the only person on this entire league who can objectively decide whether he’s a worthy candidate?
Just saying, you and many others wont even give McZ a chance and think he is not fit to run a team.

Not exactly true. I said he’s not the best candidate (which is different), but I’m not in HO so my opinion doesn’t really matter. But it’s asinine to think that HO blindly threw out his application without fair consideration and a tad insulting to the members in there who took their personal time to assess the apps.

01-08-2020, 10:24 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: again with this HO conspiracy bullshit? grow a pair and fucking deal with it. do you think that I, a member with no GM experience, would get a job GMing just because I know and am friendly with HO members? Hell no, cause I’m not qualified. Gibbles is simply more qualified, hence why he got the job

thanks for noticing my misuse of words woke police, as a young man we all make mistakes from time to time
but seriously, if I got a job because of HO collusion, I’d step down immediately and tell them to give the other applicant with a better resume the job. it’s HO’s job to pick the most reputable candidate, and they did that in this case

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

01-08-2020, 10:33 AMSegi Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:29 AMjRuutu Wrote: Toxic masculinity in 2020 SHL - hate to see it. ´Grow a pair´... The tone, the sheer toxicity.

Gibbles has actually published his application in his media post. Please go read that and tell me, how he wasn't a great candidate.
Thanks, checking it now.

01-08-2020, 10:34 AMJNH Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:31 AMjRuutu Wrote: Just saying, you and many others wont even give McZ a chance and think he is not fit to run a team.

Not exactly true. I said he’s not the best candidate (which is different), but I’m not in HO so my opinion doesn’t really matter. But it’s asinine to think that HO blindly threw out his application without fair consideration and a tad insulting to the members in there who took their personal time to assess the apps.

Oh I´m sure they looked it and every other application over, but that is the point - I don´t know how you can pick someone else over McZ? Time after time especially? If you are not going to give him a chance now when the league is in pretty rough spot, when is that happening? Never.

01-08-2020, 10:43 AMbluesfan55 Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:29 AMjRuutu Wrote: Toxic masculinity in 2020 SHL - hate to see it. ´Grow a pair´... The tone, the sheer toxicity.

thanks for noticing my misuse of words woke police, as a young man we all make mistakes from time to time
but seriously, if I got a job because of HO collusion, I’d step down immediately and tell them to give the other applicant with a better resume the job. it’s HO’s job to pick the most reputable candidate, and they did that in this case
No problem, we all do!

You would think that is HO´s job, do the right thing and think about the league, but you and I both know its not 100% true.

01-08-2020, 10:51 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:33 AMSegi Wrote: Gibbles has actually published his application in his media post. Please go read that and tell me, how he wasn't a great candidate.
Thanks, checking it now.

01-08-2020, 10:34 AMJNH Wrote: Not exactly true.  I said he’s not the best candidate (which is different), but I’m not in HO so my opinion doesn’t really matter.  But it’s asinine to think that HO blindly threw out his application without fair consideration and a tad insulting to the members in there who took their personal time to assess the apps.

Oh I´m sure they looked it and every other application over, but that is the point - I don´t know how you can pick someone else over McZ? Time after time especially? If you are not going to give him a chance now when the league is in pretty rough spot, when is that happening? Never.

You can’t give someone a spot just cause they’ve applied over and over. You assess applications on the basis of that position at this point in time. If they felt Gibbles is more qualified (which they did), it doesn’t make sense to give it to McZ just because the league is in a “pretty rough spot” or because he’s tried enough times.

Wow see that assumption right there assuming he meant a pair of balls and not a pair of tits

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

01-08-2020, 12:43 PMBaelor Swift Wrote:
Wow see that assumption right there assuming he meant a pair of balls and not a pair of tits
bloos boobs

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-08-2020, 12:40 PMJNH Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:51 AMjRuutu Wrote: Thanks, checking it now.

You can’t give someone a spot just cause they’ve applied over and over.  You assess applications on the basis of that position at this point in time.  If they felt Gibbles is more qualified (which they did), it doesn’t make sense to give it to McZ just because the league is in a “pretty rough spot” or because he’s tried enough times.
I know that and understand that, BUT McZ is not just some member who is looking for a job, like him or not, but cant deny he has the experience and tools for GM job. If he keeps looking a for a GM job all the time, at what point you either hire him or let him know what is going on? That is where I see the problem right now.

01-08-2020, 01:27 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 12:40 PMJNH Wrote: You can’t give someone a spot just cause they’ve applied over and over.  You assess applications on the basis of that position at this point in time.  If they felt Gibbles is more qualified (which they did), it doesn’t make sense to give it to McZ just because the league is in a “pretty rough spot” or because he’s tried enough times.
I know that and understand that, BUT McZ is not just some member who is looking for a job, like him or not, but cant deny he has the experience and tools for GM job. If he keeps looking a for a GM job all the time, at what point you either hire him or let him know what is going on? That is where I see the problem right now.

That’s exactly my point, I don’t think they’re under a duty to tell him “you’ll never get hired”. I say that mainly because I don’t think he’s explicitly blacklisted. I just think that he’s continually being passed over for better candidates. Is his past being factored in? Probably. But I don’t think HO has to say they’ll never hire him because that’s more or less untrue. They may hire him, but it’s hard when there’s fresh faces who also have the experience and tools for the GM job and don’t have his history of being dismissed (twice).

Basically, I think the issue here is that McZ needs to realize that he had his chance and needs to do something more than re-applying to get a head GM spot back. Whether that’s trying to get in at the ground floor by joining SMJHL management and working his way up or some other way, I’m not sure but what’s going on now isn’t working. He’s applying based on experience in the league and as GM, but his management past isn’t exactly squeaky clean. If I was HO, I’d need to see him successfully hold down a managerial position for a substantial period of time before even considering allowing him to take over control of a franchise that needs strong leadership right now.

Nothing more qualified than multiple firings, messing up on regressions, talking to FAs without knowing what their positions are, talking to ppl who aren't free agents about joining your team etc

McZ lost out to capable candidates for years now because his past shows the GM he is and cause ppl who care just as much about their teams put in the time and effort here to move up. Quit throwing a tantrum cause he didn't get the job

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

01-08-2020, 01:39 PMJNH Wrote:
01-08-2020, 01:27 PMjRuutu Wrote: I know that and understand that, BUT McZ is not just some member who is looking for a job, like him or not, but cant deny he has the experience and tools for GM job. If he keeps looking a for a GM job all the time, at what point you either hire him or let him know what is going on? That is where I see the problem right now.

That’s exactly my point, I don’t think they’re under a duty to tell him “you’ll never get hired”.  I say that mainly because I don’t think he’s explicitly blacklisted.  I just think that he’s continually being passed over for better candidates.  Is his past being factored in? Probably.  But I don’t think HO has to say they’ll never hire him because that’s more or less untrue.  They may hire him, but it’s hard when there’s fresh faces who also have the experience and tools for the GM job and don’t have his history of being dismissed (twice). 

Basically, I think the issue here is that McZ needs to realize that he had his chance and needs to do something more than re-applying to get a head GM spot back.  Whether that’s trying to get in at the ground floor by joining SMJHL management and working his way up or some other way, I’m not sure but what’s going on now isn’t working.  He’s applying based on experience in the league and as GM, but his management past isn’t exactly squeaky clean.  If I was HO, I’d need to see him successfully hold down a managerial position for a substantial period of time before even considering allowing him to take over control of a franchise that needs strong leadership right now.
When you look at the comments today for example, you get pretty good idea what is going on and it´s in my opinion fair to say McZ is blacklisted OR at very least many share the same view on McZ - he should not expect to get hired for GM job, which is pretty much as close to being blacklisted as possible. If and when that is the case - it´s absolutely the HO´s job to let him know what is going on, there are people who still care about SHL, it´s only fair in my opinion to handle it like a professional on the leagues side and stop taking McZ for a ride around if it´s 100% sure he is not getting the GM jobs, honestly cant understand why so many don´t see that as bullying. McZ is a good dude, stop hanging on to something that happened 5-7 years ago.

The times we are at in SHL right now is pretty much perfect time to let McZ have a go and see how it goes, is it not? The problem with proving yourself is pretty hard if nobody is hiring you in the first place, if you think about it the options are pretty limited, it´s been years without any problems. McZ throwing some rookie center to 2nd line and taking the 1st line center role himself is not one of them.