Create Account

S52 PT #1 - The Anthology Vol. I

Adam's early hockey history can be marked by three distinct periods: taking it, faking it, making it.
When he was a kid, he was small for his age, and that led to getting pushed around a lot on the ice. But despite the knockdowns, his determination shined through and he promised himself he would do what it took to become a star.
Somewhere along the way one of his parents told him to fake it until you make it, which he did. Every day before his games in junior high, he’d load up his equipment with padding to make himself appear buff. Not many people were fooled, but that didn’t matter: they felt too sorry for him to check him, and thus the plan worked.
Finally, once he got to high school, he actually grew into his body and no longer needed the padding. This led to a great core strength, as he’d been skating around with tens of pounds extra from all the “fake muscle”. His skating, as a result, was strong for his age and the rest of the game soon followed. ■

[184 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Dick Clapper was made for hockey. It’s violent, messy, and crazy, what was not perfect about it? He was a head hunter from the first time he played hockey and that made everyone afraid of him. He could destroy other players, absolutely level them. Playing with kids everyone would avoid him which let him easily take pucks and score. Other parents hated him but he did great. Sometimes he would even charge at goalies and “accidentally” collide with them if they tried too hard to make saves. He was an agitator and he agitated to perfection. His skating and strength was always good enough and that’s why he could pull it off. It gave him a ton of confidence to hurt other kids and watch them cry on the ice. He is still as chippy as ever to this day, he does not change. He had the heart of a hockey player, a wild brute to the end.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Creller had never even played hockey until he was drafted by the Falcons. He had always been a rugby player, but after a bad tackle and a broken collarbone he decided he should move onto an easier sport. The Creller name was fairly big in the SHL with 2 family members playing there before him so when looking for his next option for a professional sport, it was an easy choice. He called up his manager and said he wanted to try his hand in the SMJHL, after playing rugby for 15 years how hard could hockey be?

With teams having no scouting information on Creller, he had to prove himself at the combines and it worked well enough to get him a spot on the Falcons. After he was drafted, he went out and purchased his first pair of hockey skates and all of the equipment. He walked into the dressing room with all of his gear in a duffel bag, stick still with the sticker on it. It only took him getting dressed 3 times before he figured out what the proper order of putting on the equipment was. Stepping on the ice, he realized it was basically rugby on ice and he could hit whoever he wanted. He was at home.

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Hockey was just one of many sports Doskocil's parents decided to sign him up for. Whether it was swimming, soccer, martial arts or anything of that sort, Andrej would be decent, but never really good at anything as he, according to the coaches, lacked motivation. That rapidly changed with hockey. He signed up a bit late, already aged 7, but was quick to use a bunch of skills he learned from other sports and therefore get to the track of obtaining a spot in one of the elite hockey leagues. His parents helped a lot though to break the inital fall off of interest, seeing that he has true talent in hockey and could become a great player. He was a good mix of decent talent and hard work, even if a little lackluster with the stick, so the recommendation to stick with defense really helped to push him to love the sport and truly dedicate himself to it. And here we are, SHL usable player, what more can you ask for?

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

PBE PT: http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=145146

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Bobby Sharp was practically born with skates on his feet. Walking with skates on was easier for him to pick up them walking itself. By the age of 3, Bobby was going out on the pond with his older cousins and friends and even though he had no real idea what was going on, you could already see two obvious things: 1 - he had a natural talent that would propel him places if he kept with it. 2 - he had an absolute blast skating, trying to hit the puck, falling, and cheering when someone scored. By the age of 5, he was playing in organized leagues and started his climb up the youth scoring charts. Hockey was part of his life all seasons of the year, all years of his life practically. He knew at a real young age that he wanted to play hockey for the rest of his life and that he wanted to play in the SHL.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Barrett Blackwood had a hockey stick in his hands when he was just a wee lad. His father had played for the University of Minnesota in his younger days, and had hoped that his son would take to it just as he had. He couldn't have been more correct about that. Barrett was a natural with a stick from day one. It was after lacing up the skates when Barrett started to struggle. The young man wasn't graced with a lot of balance, and so he had to work incredibly hard to translate his natural hand and eye coordination onto the ice. He didn't need any motivation from his father, no matter how much he struggled. Barrett loved the speed, grace, and power of the game of hockey and he wanted to make his father proud. That was always in the back of his head, even on the day he promised his dad that he would play for the Golden Gophers one day. Barrett could think of no greater honor to his father than to play for the same team he had, and not just play there, but to one day be a star. This was the path that he set out on to accomplish as a young man.

Code:
209 words

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Mikael Choybuk was always into hockey, and you can ask anyone that. From the first time he saw the NHL live on TV, he was a huge fan. He was always a big fan of the superstar snipers in the league, like Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Vlad Tarasenko, or Pavel Bure and Steven Stamkos. Gripping it and ripping it top cheddar was always something he found amazing, so as a young kid he would practice that very often. Starting in his living room at 3 years old with some of those little floor hockey setups, he would play at it all day. This transitioned to him wanting very much to play ice hockey, so his parents got him into skating at as a kid as well. He was on the ice as a toddler with a stick in his hands, obviously falling over a lot at that point. But with practice, practice, and more practice he was able to put things together and find that he possessed a very hard wrist shot even before he was 10 years old. He was not the most dynamic skater at a young age, but everyone knew if you gave him the puck, he could beat any goaltender.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Jon was always an athlete as a kid. Born in Killarney, Ireland, he played a number of different sports, including football (soccer), rugby, hurley, and track and field. He excelled at all of them and despite having dreams like any typical kid, never expected to make a career out of any of them. At the age of 10 he moved to Canada with his parents where he first picked up the game of hockey. He had seen it on TV a few times in Ireland but didn't know much about it until his new Canadian friends got him interested. From there he signed up to play, and while it took him a couple of years to catch up to the development of other kids, he quickly surpassed most kids afterwards. He had played both forward and defense but eventually settled on D when he was 14. He spent a few years playing AAA hockey on the east coast before being drafted to the Halifax Raiders, and the rest is history.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Lil’ Manius did not have much choice as to when he began his hockey career. Big Manius had him skates at the age of six months; he had hockey equipment at age two and half and was on his first hockey team at the age three. The “team” Lil was a part of at the age of three, basically consisted of Winnipeg Jet player’s kids. Although looking at the names on the jerseys it was impressive. You would look around the ice of toddlers on the ice and you would names such as, Weber, Fleming, Evans, Visser, Elyk, Pellegrino, and of course Manius. The only other team they really played was team consisting of Calgary Dragon players children, but the sucked and were not much competition for the children of Winnipeg. Lil’ thinks he was a bit of a natural because as long as he remembers he was one of the better players but he is not really sure as he really cannot remember life before skating or hockey.

Words~169

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Tig Murphy grew up in Ireland during the beginning of their rise into an international superpower. However, neither of his parents were familiar with the sport, and he did not pick it up until he was a pre-teen. Instead, he was focused on youth rugby. It wasn't until a school field trip to watch the Irish national hockey team that he decided to try it out. From the moment he hit the ice, he knew it was where he was meant to be. His rugby experience had made him tolerant of physical play with good lateral mobility, so defense was a natural fit for him. Over time, his skating and puck skills developed and he became a top talent for the younger Irish regional and international teams before leaving for Canada to play in an academy setting to develop further. It was from this academy that he would be drafted by the Detroit Falcons and launch his career into the mediocre plug he's become

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Andreas Kvalheim was born in raised in Trondheim, a city in Norway. Hockey isn't a popular sport in Trondheim, as like many other places in Norway, skiing and football are the dominant sports. There are countless small ski slopes within a reasonable distance from Trondheim, and the city is also home to Rosenborg BK, the most succesful team in Norweigan football. As such, a young Andreas was much more interested in football than hockey. However, that all changed when the Norweigan IIHF team shocked the world to win a gold medal at the S35 IIHF tournament. That tournament inspired a generation of young kids to purusue hockey, and an eight-year old Andreas was no exception. His parents signed him up for the local hockey club, and Kvalheim, who modelled his game around his idols Chris York and Chester Cunningham, quickly became a dominant player, able to beat his opponents with his combination of size and skill.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

First-Name Last-Name hockey career didn't start like you would think it did. I was cut from my pee-wee baseball team as I kept trucking players when running around the bases. So my parents thought it would be a good idea if I played a more "physical" sport. There the love for the game and my journey to the league started. I instantly fell in love with our beautiful sport and the grind started. But let's be honest, I never thought I could come as far as I did with it, it was more of a hobby at first but when I noticed that I could actually play; I started taking it more seriously. Slowly moving up the ranks when I was younger, I started gaining some weight and hired a skating coach. Playing hockey is sort of playing 2 different sports; skating and the hockey part. The hockey sense came natural so I decided that I should perfect my skating.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

SHL
Andrey Barbashev II was born with a hockey stick in hand. If you don’t recognize the name, you truly are not a fan of the SHL. His father is a Gold medalist and Challenge Cup champion for the Toronto North Stars. That’s right, Andrey’s dad was part of the team that snapped the Toronto curse and won the one and only Cup in the North Stars franchise. Due to his fathers name ‘Andrey Barbashev’, a lot of teammates and family members over the years call Andrey AB2 and that appears to have stuck. From day one, AB2 remembers being around the rinks and ice. He doesn’t remember it much but he was around for the North Stars cup days and was even part of the parade in Toronto. When AB2 turned 16, you could tell he was going to be a special player. It became even more exciting when AB2 was drafted by the Knights because his dad was a Whaler long ago and still owned property in B.C. Hockey runs in AB2 blood. Right now his focus is trying to win the one thing is father never could and that’s a 4 Star Cup. Regardless if he accomplishes this dream or not, you can tell AB2 will be a special player. Literally born with a hockey stick, he hopes to one day bring the Cup to West Kendall for his dad to relive that championship feeling.

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Gunnar has been playing hockey for as long as he can remember, but if you want to know the whole story you have to go back a little further than his memory allows. Talking to Gunnar’s mother, it becomes obvious that it’s always been in the cards for him to find a life of some kind in hockey. He learned how to skate almost as soon as he learned how to walk, but it obviously wasn’t until somewhat later that he started hockey. Gunnar’s father died around the time he turned two, and while he will tell you that he doesn’t remember that well enough to be very sad about it, hockey was something of a cathartic family experience for his mother and sisters in the difficult days that followed. Some of Gunnar’s sisters played (and still do), and for a time, the sport gave the family something to focus on, something to draw them together. It seemed only natural for him to stick with it, and Gunnar’s mother even ended up marrying one of his coaches when he was a little older (who is the only father figure Gunnar really remembers having). It’s been a part of his life from the very start, and it’s part of who he is, so it’s also pretty lucky he ended up being good enough to do it for a living.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .