Create Account

S52 WFT #4 - Make The Case

An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

For, 51 points in 50 games and on top of that 255 hits, which was the most any player managed to collect this year, great season from Cameron - Dar award would be well deserved.

Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

For. To me it seems as if they are the only team coming into the playoffs where them winning it all is the most predictable outcome. Where as most of the other teams that made playoffs are a toss up on how well they’ll fair.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Quote:Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons
Against: This city will crumble and so will the team. STHS hates squads becoming dynasties because it likes to create these random events that happen at every turn.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

Bruh I don't even know. Against. God I feel like we do these all the time. Anyway I am saying No because why should CC2 get it when JPB is obviously the better candidate. We all know it to be true. Anyway if CC2 gets it, I am not sure if he knows what he should do.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons

Against. Edmonton has a solid team and have some decent success the last few seasons. But they have to go through New Orleans to get back to the finals and I don't really see that happening.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

BS Wins are what matter the most, and I'm for keeping it that way. I think prioritizing goal differential would make it more about who can run up the scoresheet against the lesser teams.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Code:
Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round
I have to say against. We don't really have any business being in the playoffs. We finished bottom of our division, like I thought, but I also thought we'd be 2nd from the bottom in the conference. Sure, I'm a bit happy for my teammates and myself that we're in the playoffs, but we just don't have the roster to hang with the legitimate contenders.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Code:
The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup
AGAINST. Now before you say this is just another "my team will win because other team bad and we good" post, think about it for a sec. So on paper Carolina has the most complete team. Average to above average in every category and no real weaknesses to speak of. But the question of who they are against comes up. Lets do a quick rundown of all the other high finishers. Anaheim is frankly a jack of all trades, master of none. Colorado is a strong defense with an inconsistent offense. Detroit is the opposite, strong offense questionable defense. I think all these teams have the capability to beat Carolina in a series, especially since Simon is a fickle god.

Code:
Kaarlo Kekkonen is a runaway choice for SMJHL MVP
I wanted to address this kind of out of the whole FOR/AGAINST thingy here. Will he win? Absolutely. Should he win? Weeeeeeell... let me elaborate. Award voting is always biased towards goal scorers. Defensive players rarely see the same limelight that the guys who score get. The first stats you see on the individual leaders page are the goals and assists, while defensive stats (which aren't nearly as quantifiable or flashy) are jammed in the bottom. It's not a matter of who actually is the MVP, its who scores the most because big number good, low number or no number bad. S51 both MVPs went to the highest point getter. S50 was the leader in Goals and Assists. This is just how it works, and its honestly pretty shitty. Just because a player nets the most goals doesn't automatically make them MVP. What does MVP stand for? Most VALUABLE player. Not highest scorer. Sure points are important, but what I think people fail to realize is that its not the only part of the game.

White Goodman is the only reason Vancouver wasn't a total toilet this year and should get it. But will he? Nope.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

No. No. Please no. Can this team just stop being alright already, their tank is really failing and just ruining everyone's fun. I don't even like buffalo i just hate this abomination that is this stupid team somehow winning games.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

Quote:With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history

Against! It's blatantly obvious that this was deliberate. There is a hidden stat in the system that is called "nice" and it is clear at the simmer put this number up to 99 when it should be defaulted at 50 for all players. This was an inside job.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

I think this is very likely, Carter had himself another stellar season and really solidified himself as an elite 2 way player in this league.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

For! And for multiple reasons. 1. I think its a better representation of who the better team is. 2. There is some precedence in the real world where this is done.

[Image: horvat3.png]

With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history
For:
This should not be a debate at all. 69 points on its own is enough to be seriously considered for nicest season in SHL history. Tack on 69 blocked shots and you’re looking at double nice. Unless someone can find an instance of someone hitting 69 in the different categories, this is a lock.

Against - I just don't like teams getting back to back cups. I like some upsets and some difference in my games. And for the last simon season i jus want something crazy to happen :D

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

No they won't these bunch of yella belly cheaters are going to get theres god gave them there one time just like tom brady, however they do not have the evil emperor belicheat to make deals with the devil this run is over Hamilton is hamildone

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50