Create Account

Halifax Raiders relocation

[Image: Timbersaw_icon.png]

RETIRED

PT  Towel FC Towel PT.. Oh wait..what?

[Image: hudson.png]

RIP Halifax, I'll miss you

Brand looks nice but.... Damn. Raiders are one of the teams I thought would never move.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

03-06-2020, 05:08 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Serious question:  Why timber and not Woodsman or Lumberjacks?

I mean... Bangor Maine is the birthplace of Paul Bunyan.

Could have even done something with Moose (being the state animal) or...with their sea-faring enterprises (lobster is a HUGE part of their economy up there)

We were unanimous (the 2 of us) in not wanting anything to do with sea creatures (see Kracken), or fishing (see Armada). I know armada aren't fishing boats, but they are boats, and the Raider brand was kindof that, so why bother with the rename.

Yes, lobster and fishing are massive there (here?), but we wanted something different - so we looked into other industries. Lumberjacks kind of fit the same theme that we decided to go with, but especially seeing the feedback we've had from the team, the tree / forest theme is definitely the right place to be. We can take on some lumberjack (see the Axes), but we can also go a more nature route as it fits as well.

I don't like Moose as it only reminds me of the Manitoba Moose and that's too close to a current team for my personal liking.

We were also looking at Maine Coon's, but for fairly obvious reasons decided against that route.

I'm personally very happy with how the branding worked out in the end for Maine. I feel like we had 2 fairly strong proposals to HO, and this way we get to keep our rivalry with those pesky Newfoundland Berserkers and we are just a bit further down the road.

03-07-2020, 05:51 AMCementHands Wrote:
03-06-2020, 05:08 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Serious question:  Why timber and not Woodsman or Lumberjacks?

I mean... Bangor Maine is the birthplace of Paul Bunyan.

Could have even done something with Moose (being the state animal) or...with their sea-faring enterprises (lobster is a HUGE part of their economy up there)

We were unanimous (the 2 of us) in not wanting anything to do with sea creatures (see Kracken), or fishing (see Armada). I know armada aren't fishing boats, but they are boats, and the Raider brand was kindof that, so why bother with the rename.

Yes, lobster and fishing are massive there (here?), but we wanted something different - so we looked into other industries. Lumberjacks kind of fit the same theme that we decided to go with, but especially seeing the feedback we've had from the team, the tree / forest theme is definitely the right place to be. We can take on some lumberjack (see the Axes), but we can also go a more nature route as it fits as well.

I don't like Moose as it only reminds me of the Manitoba Moose and that's too close to a current team for my personal liking.

We were also looking at Maine Coon's, but for fairly obvious reasons decided against that route.

I'm personally very happy with how the branding worked out in the end for Maine. I feel like we had 2 fairly strong proposals to HO, and this way we get to keep our rivalry with those pesky Newfoundland Berserkers and we are just a bit further down the road.

The Coons was a language barrier thing of a silly Slovakian guy that never realized you English speakers use it as a racist slur, yet have it as a name of a cat breed

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Damn, pour one out for Halifax

[Image: tenor.gif]

raiders #Raider4Life raiders

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

03-06-2020, 08:22 PMWasty Wrote:
03-06-2020, 07:50 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: what the fuck
1. i think this is kind of stupid
2. make it the maine lobsters or lighthouses fer fucks sake
Lobsters is... not great of a name

you take that back right now

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

got wood

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

I dont hate it. Nice work guys.

I think it's important that we remember Erik the Red on a day like this. His furry, fun natured, mice catching expertise, etc. were an inspiration to Raiders players and Raiders fans for years. In a way I'm kinda glad that he isnt around to see this day. He bled black, silver, & gold and I dont know if he would have been able to adapt to the harbors of Portland. He is the heart and soul of Halifax. The Halifax Raiders & Erik will always be associated with eachother and remembered fondly in Halifax.

This rebrand has some irony as the Halifax Raiders were initially going to be the Portland Mavericks until the evil JP created the Portland Admirals SHL franchise.

#MennanPojat
#RaiderNation
:erik:

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

03-06-2020, 07:47 PMWasty Wrote:
03-06-2020, 06:54 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Bottas in shambles
he was more in shambles when 2 Week GM King changed the logo cause “he didn’t like pirates”

Wasn't it more like 2 days??? Rolleyes

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

03-08-2020, 02:27 PMvbottas17 Wrote: I dont hate it. Nice work guys.

I think it's important that we remember Erik the Red on a day like this. His furry, fun natured, mice catching expertise, etc. were an inspiration to Raiders players and Raiders fans for years. In a way I'm kinda glad that he isnt around to see this day. He bled black, silver, & gold and I dont know if he would have been able to adapt to the harbors of Portland. He is the heart and soul of Halifax. The Halifax Raiders & Erik will always be associated with eachother and remembered fondly in Halifax.

This rebrand has some irony as the Halifax Raiders were initially going to be the Portland Mavericks until the evil JP created the Portland Admirals SHL franchise.

#MennanPojat
#RaiderNation
:erik:

Kudos to you for taking it so well, my friend.

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

My only issue is the jersey designs. I dont like how the stripes on the arms dont line up on the home and aways, and how you have the nice sectioned colors on the away and went just full brown for the homes. I am not a designer though.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

As a local Halifax boy, it's saddening to see the team I grew up watching move away, but times change. I wish the team and organization the best with the relocation!

[Image: eyebrow_man.png]
[Image: mtndihx.png]

Congrats on the move

[Image: ImShiny.gif]