Create Account

S52 Championship Week

This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S52 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In the alternative universe, of course, the SHL has expanded across the solar system. The season was filled with injuries, gravitational errors, and players playing in exotic climates unfamiliar to them. The long season is coming to an end. Mars is everyone's favorite team to win the Challenge Cup, as of course they have the advantage of being the second-largest object you can play hockey on (after Earth, who had to drop out due to other factors). Yes? Oh, I mean most people. Who are you rooting for? Pluto? What? You say that is STILL a planet? Come on, that was 300 years ago. Pluto has even made a complete orbit since it was reclassified back in 2000-er, something. I forget the date. And you- Enceladus? Come on, who would support Enceladus in this time? We support Mars! Go Martians! Win that cup! Mars! Mars! Mars! Mars! Mars! And the game is starting! Mars vs. Enceladus, and over here Pluto vs. Europa!

By now, you're probably familiar with the attributes on FHM, and you likely have some sense of what type of build you're going to be aiming for with your player. What one attribute are you going to focus on most? Of all the attributes in the game, what is your player going to strive to be the absolute best at? Why are you picking that specific attribute above all others?

Aggression. Igor has become increasingly agitated at some of his teammates and opponents. He is planning to punch the hell out of everyone he hates. Jon would be proud, but since he left Minnesota, Igor has to take out his anger on someone else. Not the coach, Collin Gibbles. Igor really likes him. But everyone who hates Minnesota... most people who hate Minnesota... oh Igor is planning to rack up everyone's hospital bills.... without incurring penalties on himself. Is that even allowed in ice hockey? Aggression. Igor is demanding more strength aggression juice, and he'll get it this next season. Ramp it up! Beware Volkov.

Our poetry theme this season is a limerick! Write 1 SHL-themed limerick for 1 TPE or 2 SHL-themed limericks for 2 TPE.

The fans said that all of it's wrong.
The season had dragged on too long.
When Hamilton died,
They erupted in pride.
It wasn't so bad all along.

And once again his skates untied.
How many times had Igor tried?
He didn't know why.
His skates wouldn't tie.
So Collin had to be his guide.

The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

Igor plans on not really going anything. Except trying to prove to Jon that no, he shouldn't get revenge on Minnesota, being in contact with his coach for training, and other stuff. Maybe trying to get back into amateur chemistry. He doesn't really know. But what Igor plans to do the most is work on aggressiveness and his strength. He'll show everyone what Minnesota is made of, and he's not afraid to dominate the charts, okay probably not dominate, but at least be well known as a strong player. One of the keystones for his team. Don't trade him away. And maybe punch Daniel Bischoff for trying to ruin Igor's image - why is he even on the same team? Artemi's not bad, perhaps Igor should get to know him a bit more other than as just a teammate for Minnesota and Russia, the only other player on both of his teams. So yeah. Those are Igor's plans.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2020, 01:40 PM by XLeafer.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
So basically, the Manhattan Rage wins the championship which I predicted so that is no different in a parallel universe of mine but the opponent the Rage face is different and I did expect someone else. I doubt a lot of people predicted the Pride to be in the finals and no offense to them, they are a great team but I predicted someone else. In a different reality, it would be the Rage still winning the championship for obvious reasons but their opponent would be NOLA. NOLA has been having regular season success in the past and expected them to finally make some noise in the playoffs now that Calgary is out of the way but yeah, there is no different because the Rage would still be champions because we are the best and ever since Austin Roenick signed with the Rage, The Rage would be favourites to win the championship so yeah, that is reality.

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE
So obviously, Austin Roenick is a sniper and he scores goals and he needs to score goals all the time and so, he is why he is. So he needs to focus on offensive attributes the most and so, he needs them offensive attributes to be high as possible. Now he is not going to focus a lot of passing or puck handling but his shooting needs to be the best in the league and so, the shooting accuracy needs to be max and high as possible because he needs to hit the open net and not the goalie you know. In order for him to have a perfect shot attempt, he also needs to be open and so, he needs a perfect position and for that, he also needs a high getting open attribute. You always wonder why Alex Ovechkin is scoring goals like crazy especially on the power play, he has a perfect position for that slapper.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
Well as you know, Austin Roenick was won the championship and he is very happy about it and this off season is all about celebrating the championship and hanging out with friends and family to celebrate this accomplishment and become the best team in the world. So in like July, there will be some relaxing and vacation happening and celebrating while we have some fun with the cup and enjoy our life. Because that is what the off season is for, relax after playing hockey for 9 months which is a lot even after winning the championship. But in August, it is back to training because Austin Roenick needs to be a better player than he is and that is obviously scoring goals. He needs to score more goals and that is a must for him. He must be the best goal scorer in the league and he needs to win awards which he has never done yet.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE
Since I am on the Rage, I have to include myself. I mean I want to win awards and that is my next goal and that is to win awards. I already won the Challenge Cup so it is time for hardware awards. One specifically is the best goal scorer award and for that to happen, I need to score the most goals and that will not be easy. Most points is also a possibility but one award that Austin Roenick is keeping an eye out for is the MVP which is an award that Austin Roenick would dream of winning because it is so precious to win.

Code:
17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE

Done

PT Affiliate - 3 TPE

[Image: giphy.gif]

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!
It is going to be more of the same for Lane. Another off-season that will be mostly spent back home in Minnesota. Spend some time with family, rest for a few weeks. There really isn’t an offseason in the SHL, though. So he’ll be right back to training. A bunch of time will be spent with an individual trainer and coach in Minneapolis. After a good rookie season, he can’t afford to slack off and have a poor showing in his sophomore season. A few weeks spent doing this, then right back to Toronto. He’ll spend most of the off-season training in Toronto. This will be his home for the foreseeable future, so he’ll need to develop routines there, rather than running home every off-season. He’ll either pick up an individual trainer there, or work with the Toronto staff. I don’t know what the rules are regarding training with team staff and in team facilities between seasons, but he’ll take full advantage of whatever he can.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
The SHL is taking a stand and trying to do its part in reducing its carbon footprint. One of the proposed ideas is to eliminate back and forth air travel during the Challenge Cup and Four Star Cup finals and instead hold all 4-7 games in one neutral, rotating location a la the Super Bowl. Are you FOR or AGAINST this idea? Why?
This is tough, because I like things about both options. I like a neutral site because it is interesting to see different venues. If you’re someone that likes to go to these games, it’s cool to go to a different city each year. However, some teams may have fan bases that travel better than others. So every game might feel like a home game for one team, which isn’t great. The home and away game dynamic we have now is well established. It feels like changing it would be such a big change. I’ll say I’m for the change if it saves a lot of money, and we can show that it really does have some positive change to the environmental impact. If not, then against.

Code:
13. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S52 season (on or off the ice)
- S52 playoff round-up
- S52 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- FHM Excitement!?

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.
Rich and Luke S52 CW edition 9:31

Code:
14. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
1. Head GMs JayWhy and Grapehead have been GMing for a while, whereas Co GMs Luketd and DaftRaincloud are newer to management - which team's front office staff (including coaches) do you think will provide a strategic edge in this series?
I would say Manhattan has an advantage. JayWhy has much more experience with STHS, and Luke probably has some spreadsheets with stuff on it for them to use too. Grape’s sim results have been very inconsistent, so I have a hard time trusting in his strategy. I don’t really know enough about DaftRaincloud to know what he brings. Sorry if you read this, Daft.

Code:
2. Manhattan has been rocking a pretty evenly-distributed ice time for forwards (35-33-32) whereas San Francisco is going a bit more top-heavy (40-40-15). Which approach do you think is better for a fierce Challenge Cup series?
I tend to favor a more even distribution of ice time. I like a team that has the forward depth, and confidence in their 3rd line to put them on the ice more. In theory, this would mean your top line would be a bit fresher. It kind of works like that in sths, but not really.

Code:
3. The Rage and the Pride have, in my opinion at least, two of the best logos in the entire SHL. Which team's logo do you like more and why?
They are both quite good. I like the Rage concept a little bit better, but I prefer the design of the Pride logo. When I look at them on a jersey, my favorite combination is the Rage away jersey, but the Pride away jerseys are also really good. Overall, I like the Rage uniforms better, so I’ll favor them very slightly. The Pride home jerseys are a little too purple for my taste.

Code:
4. What is your favorite player name on either of these two teams and why? (not favorite player/user, just focusing on their player name)
The Rage have a player in their roster section, William Goose. That name tickles my funny bone just right, for some reason. However, my favorite name is Nathan Explosion, on the Pride. It sounds kind of badass, but also kind of silly at the same time. I wish the last name included an exclamation mark at the end. I feel like it should be shouted. Like if Mr Torgue was saying it.

Code:
5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, (c) an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?
Easy Gritty meet-and-greet with Luke. First, you get Luke, one of our better members, and an all-around cool guy. You also get to meet, and I hope, have your picture taken with the best mascot in the NHL. I know these are kind of joke options, but this one would actually be cool.

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
I’m going with Peter Larson, goalie for the Rage. A huge part of the finals were the goalies on both teams. It seemed like it was going to come down to which one would slip up first. Both of them played great, and if the result was different, I might be arguing for Partridge. Larson was a beast though. 0.932 total in the playoffs, and was 0.944 or better in 4 of the 6 games in the finals. The game 4 shut out was huge. That game could have gone either way, but Larson won it for them. Just ignore the last game.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2020, 03:21 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S52 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?
In another reality the New Orleans Specters lose to Edmonton Blizzard and thus the Blizzard move on and make it to the Challenge Cup finals after beating the San Francisco Pride and play against the Manhattan Rage in the finals of the least post season that will be simmed using STHS. Brady McIntyre leads the Blizzard to a challenge cup victory with the most hits and the most points in the entire playoffs. Scoring only 2 goals he becomes the new archetype for the premiere playmaking yet physical defenseman in the SHL only for the entire landscape of defensemen in the SHL to change entirely in the coming offseason. Tommy Tuck retires on top rather than playing another season as the backup because he's officially the king of goaltending, Tommy Salami goes down as the best two way center of all time and Tor Tuck becomes a professional boxer rather than finishing out his career as a hockey player oddly enough. (161 words)

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
By now, you're probably familiar with the attributes on FHM, and you likely have some sense of what type of build you're going to be aiming for with your player. What one attribute are you going to focus on most? Of all the attributes in the game, what is your player going to strive to be the absolute best at? Why are you picking that specific attribute above all others?
With how much TPE I have I'll be able to get at least one attribute to 20. That means I need to really think about which one I want to spent that huge amount to get to 20. I think that I'm going to choose positioning. Skating attributes are really important for every position, but if you're never out of position it minimizes the need for you to be a really good skater so I think that's the most cost effective route to go which it comes to playing defense. I'm definitely going to make an offensive defenseman though, so watch out of my passing or shooting range to be stupid high too. (113 words)

Code:
Brady is really looking forward to reinventing himself. Coming into the SHL he was supposed to a needle threading offensive defenseman, the kind of guy that you point out the to control the power play and give the shooters on your team space to put one home in the last minute of the game. Because of current state of the SHL he's had to become an all around defenseman, providing both offense and defense for his team. Of course that'll still be the goal but he'll really be able to have his own play style now due to the changes the head office is making this offseason. So really the thing he's looking forward to his training this new part, or dimension I guess, of his game and to see the way it makes a difference for him on the ice. He really thinks that he's going to be able to provide a lot more value to the team and put them over the edge into the Challenge Cup race again this offseason. (173 words)

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Rage or the Pride would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?
I think Luke Thomason is the most likely player to win an award on the Manhattan Rage. Just this offseason he broke the top 10 list of most TPE in the league from one single player. With the new changes he's going to have a lot of offensive and two way potential. Based on that I think he's a great candidate to take home either the Ron Mexico Trophy, the MVP award, or the Jeff Dar Trophy for the best two way player in the league. Knowing Luke he values two way player a there's a lot potential for him to build a two way forward and keep him good for a long time. (114 words)

Code:
14. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
1. Head GMs JayWhy and Grapehead have been GMing for a while, whereas Co GMs Luketd and DaftRaincloud are newer to management - which team's front office staff (including coaches) do you think will provide a strategic edge (lol as if such a thing exists in STHS) in this series?
2. Manhattan has been rocking a pretty evenly-distributed ice time for forwards (35-33-32) whereas San Francisco is going a bit more top-heavy (40-40-15). Which approach do you think is better for a fierce Challenge Cup series?
3. The Rage and the Pride have, in my opinion at least, two of the best logos in the entire SHL. Which team's logo do you like more and why?
4. What is your favorite player name on either of these two teams and why? (not favorite player/user, just focusing on their player name)
5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, (c) an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?
1. Truthfully I don't know DaftRainCloud at all. I know Grapehead and how hard he has worked to get SFP to the place they're in, but I also know JayWhy, Luke, and the coach Inf1d3l all work a lot on lines and have some really great players. I gotta go with MAN management on this one. (55 words)
2. I think personally that STHS really favors teams that play their top players more than other players regardless of how evenly distributed your TPE is. It just seems like giving your top players more ice time yields better results. I could be wrong but I've got to go with the SFP lines on this one. (55 words)
3. Well I definitely don't agree that they're the best two logos in the league but I'll say that I think San Francisco has the better logo. Not really a big fan of the bull logo in general. The Lion looks pretty cool though. Both teams have interesting colors, but purple and gold are cooler than red imo. (57 words)

Code:
17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. As determined by draft class, which rostered player is the oldest player in this series?
B. Name TWO players who have played for both the Pride and the Rage.
C. Among ACTIVE PLAYERS, who has the most points scored in Pride franchise history?
D. Who was recently selected as the #1 player in Rage franchise history as part of their Top 50 in 50 series unveiled this season?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S52 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.
Message sent.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

It doesn't matter how many realities there is, every single one of them has the San Francisco Pride reaching the finals. In every reality, they also demolish their opponents with ease. Potting 10 goals a game and shutting out their opponents and sweeping them. The only reality that didn't happen in is the one we are currently in because something glitched. If I'm being honest it only makes sense that we resimulate the finals until we get the result that is destined to be which is the Pride claiming that beautiful Challenge Cup. Where Bo Kane goes off and breaks every single playoff record instead of going pointless for the entire playoffs and wins the MVP as a rookie. Where Patridge shuts the door all playoffs and gets 16 shutouts. The Raptor call ups in Henrik Lekberg Osterman and Simothy Drunkebird dominate upon arrival and play as 200 ft monsters.

The type of player Bo Kane is going to be is a sniper so I believe the attribute that I'm going to focus heavily on is Getting Open. You might think going for something like shooting accuracy might be more of a priority, however, I think if I can get Kane to be as open as possible in the offensive zone it will lead to him getting more clean scoring chances instead of just taking a ton of no danger shots. With him always being open it will also benefit his playmaking ability as he will be able to have lot's of time and space to create a play.

The SHL is taking a stand and trying to do its part in reducing its carbon footprint. One of the proposed ideas is to eliminate back and forth air travel during the Challenge Cup and Four Star Cup finals and instead hold all 4-7 games in one neutral, rotating location a la the Super Bowl. Are you FOR or AGAINST this idea? Why?

I am 110% AGAINST this proposal. One of the best parts of the playoffs and seeing the fans take over an arena at each home game. The arena lit in the teams colours and the arena roaring chants. It's a special moment that gives me goosebumps. Removing that aspect from the game not only takes away the experience for the fans but also for the players who look forward to embracing that moment. It won't be the same having each event being around 50/50 split. It won't be as loud or have the same vibe. You also risk having an entire series turn into a home game for a more popular team.

This offseason is a special one for the SHL. The game is evolving and changing for the better and for a lot of the players it's a fresh start with a new system to learn. Bo Kane is going to take this opportunity to research, learn, and train to be best prepared for the upcoming changes. Bo Kane got his contract negotiations out of the way early signing a new 2 year 5M extension with the Pride so he could put all his focus into his game to be best prepared for his sophomore season. Kane wants to take a bigger role for the Pride this year and be a bigger producer offensively so he's going to put a lot of focus into his offensive game. That means working on his shooting accuracy, offensive reads, screening, tips, puckhandling, etc... Kane has always been known as a 200 ft player as well so the defensive side to his game won't be ignored either.

7. Written, 1-2 TPE
Our poetry theme this season is a limerick! Write 1 SHL-themed limerick for 1 TPE or 2 SHL-themed limericks for 2 TPE.

Bo Kane likes to score goals
While watching girls on the poles
He's a player on and off the ice
it's quite a vice
He hates the trolls

2. I believe the strategy of going a more top heavy ice time is the better strategy. You should always be trying to play your best players as much as often. They are the game changes. By playing them so heavily while your opponent evenly distributes it while also create favourable matchups throughout the game for you as well.

3. Maybe some slight bias here but my favourite is the San Francisco Pride logo. Purple and yellow are very uncommon colours used in sports, especially in hockey so that alone brings a unique flair to the logo. The actual design itself is very cool as well. The lion looks awesome. For me personally, the colour scheme of red and black is overdone with a lot of things and just looks bland at this point.

17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. As determined by draft class, which rostered player is the oldest player in this series?
C. Among ACTIVE PLAYERS, who has the most points scored in Pride franchise history?
D. Who was recently selected as the #1 player in Rage franchise history as part of their Top 50 in 50 series unveiled this season?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S52 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Pm'd

Falcons Canada
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2020, 06:37 PM by Buster.)

Code:

In this alternate reality, the SHL has not made changes in the wake of Hamilton exploiting Simon T's poor hockey simulator. As such, every player on the team still has disproportionate passing and scoring. Due to this, Hamilton once again swept the East on route to the finals. Much like in S51, the entire roster says they made the finals because of their goaltender but we all know it is because of exploits. In this reality, the west team doesn't really matter because they can't win. So lets just say Edmonton made the finals. In this reality, Edmonton really wants another chance at Hamilton. It doesn't matter though because Hamilton wins the Challenge Cup in 5 games. The MVP of the series is whoever Hamilton has in net but realistically it is someone like Aaron Wilson. Wilson actually had a bad playoffs but he is the MVP because he said one time that no matter what the SHL does in the future for a sim, he's going to find a way to break it.

Code:
174 words

Code:

After a very disappointing season that saw him put up half the points in the previous season, Oliver Cleary won't be spending much time celebrating and relaxing in the off-season. The defensemen has decided that the majority of his off-season will be sent skill training as well as endurance training in order to prepare for the S53 season. Cleary has decided that he will spend his first off-season week in Europe. After that, he has decided that his off-season will be spent in the Toronto area as he feels that area has the people he needs to complete his goals. He will be spending a few weeks endurance training with Gary Roberts as many superstars do. After that, he will skill training in order to improve his offensive games. Cleary's defensive game is his strength so he's hoping he can improve his offensive skills to become a reliable producer and maybe to even get consistent powerplay time.

Code:
157 words

Code:

Code:
1. Head GMs JayWhy and Grapehead have been GMing for a while, whereas Co GMs Luketd and DaftRaincloud are newer to management - which team's front office staff (including coaches) do you think will provide a strategic edge (lol as if such a thing exists in STHS) in this series?

In the Challenge Cups finals, I feel as though Manhattan will have strategic edge. This is due to the fact that Jaywhy has a vast amount of experience with STHS. He spent many seasons as a simmer and even when he wasn't simming, he spent much time studying sim tendencies. I think he alone gives a major edge.

Code:
58 words

Code:

I think that in this series, Manhattan's more evenly balanced approach will help them. The playoffs are a gruelling time and eventually, that starts to take a toll on a player. I think that eventually, a top heavy approach will hit a tipping point and fall off. Manhattan is able to off-set them by allowing for other lines to be less spent and to take over some of that time.

Code:
70 words

Code:

Between the two teams, I prefer the San Francisco Pride logo. This is mostly due to the real world consequences of the two logos. I think if a lion and a bull faced off in a fight, a lion would prevail. I think the bull might have the power advantage but all it takes is one wrong move. So for that reason alone, I'll go with the Pride logo.

Code:
69 words

Code:

My favourite player name on either team is Jax Aittokallio. I am an absolute sucker for linage names and Aittokallio is becoming one of the best, maybe even the best, linage names in the SHL. This is the third player to run that name and I'm assuming it will continue on in the future. For that reason alone, it is my favourite name in the finals.

Code:
66 words

Code:

If I had to choose any of these experiences, I would choose a private chainsaw lesson with Jaywhy. My friend Jaywhy is an absolute psychopath whenever he is angry and as such, I feel like he has some cool chainsaw moves that I don't even know of or would ever think of. I would preferable be in a Jaywhy proof room while watching him do his work so as long as that is provided, I'd love a lesson.

Code:
78 words

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

I have two players from the Manhattan Rage who I think are deserving of MVP. Barret McCarthy had 7 points from the backend to lead the Rage in scoring, which I think is a huge feat. I may be a bit bias since my player is a defensemen but considering the high quality forwards on the Rage, he was a huge player for them. My overall vote though goes to Peter Larsen. Larsen was a brick wall for the Rage and without him, the series easily could've gone the other way. You can never look past a 940ish save percentage. So my MVP is Peter Larsen.

Code:
106 words

Code:
17. Casual Member

Sent

16/16

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2020, 04:34 PM by nykonax.)

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
https://i.imgur.com/UvgrfcN.png

Code:
10. Graphic, 2 TPE
It is well known that SHL user DrunkenTeddy has put in a tremendous amount of work to get things ready for the transition to FHM. For this task, create a thank you card/graphic thanking DT or golden_apricot - or anybody else on the transition team - for their hard work and dedication to the league!
https://i.imgur.com/WD4WIet.png

Code:
11. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S52 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.
https://i.imgur.com/hwAcOQr.png

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.
https://i.imgur.com/oTqX2xE.png

Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
https://i.imgur.com/5XMriVO.png

Code:

sent

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...ntry155509

PBE!

And I did the casual thingy too

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2020, 07:59 PM by Flareon.)

Code:
Task 1 - 3 TPE
My alternate reality SHL Challenge Cup finals would've been very similar to how the real (or at least real to us) one happened. Manhattan and San Francisco make it to the finals as they did in our timeline, except in this version, the Pride go on to win the cup. Nothing against the Rage, I mean they won Task 14 5-0 in my answers so that makes up for it right? In this parallel reality the Pride win their cup and finally cup the great Dominic Montgomery a Challenge Cup to his name. Also how fucking hilarious would it be if Tokek Takshak, a long term Rage player, hoisted the cup wearing another team's jersey, in front of his old team? The league would be in SHAMBLES and there is no doubt he'd chirp the entire Rage bench about it. And honestly who can blame him? I think anyone would.

Code:
Task 3 - 3 TPE
Fighting is one of the great parts of hockey. Going to my first game as a child and seeing two grown ass men start beating the shit out of each other because one probably talked shit about his mom or something, and no one stopping it or getting in the way? That was fucking magical, I'd not seen it any other sport. We can't let it die out. Over the next few seasons I want to be the best fighter in the league. I'll take on anyone and they won't stand the chance against the likes of Perry Morgan. Coach says he wants me to focus on "more useful" aspects of my game, but why do that when I can get the crowd going by beating the shit out of the biggest guy in the league?

Code:
Task 4 - 3 TPE
This offseason is one of huge change for the SHL. Moving to a brand new system of play is a massive step no matter what level you're playing at. I think I speak for most, if not all, of the guys in the league that I'll be working day in-day out to make I am ready for the change. It has been a shaky few seasons for the Wolfpack and I need to finally prove that I'm worthy of such a lengthy contract as the one I signed all those seasons ago. In the New England Locker Room we really feel the change in system will greatly benefit our team and match up with the system that we use. All of the squad will be hounding each other to make sure we are ready to hit the ice and finally bring some silverware back home to this prestigious hockey city.

Code:
Task 6 - 2 TPE
I understand the league's logic here but it extends further than just ferrying team's and staff around. With the multiple game series nature of hockey, you'll have fans travelling from both sides, on different dates, potentially multiple times. If anything this would drive up the carbon footprint of the games with such a vast amount of fans travelling to a neutral location. I commend the league on attempting to find solutions to reduce our environmental impact but unfortunately they need to look elsewhere and send this idea way back to the drawing boards. Perhaps they could shorten the time between games to reduce total travel times?

Code:
Task 14 - 5 TPE
1)In team management I think it's important to have a good mix of experience GM's with a solid know how, and slightly fresher co-GMs who bring some new, more modern ideas to the table. Both teams have achieved this but I think JayWhy's sheer veteran status will land Manhattan the victory here.

2)It's no secret to any cup-winning teams that you need to be able to rely on the depth players to pull through and land the goal which turns the tides in your favour. With the Pride focusing on icing their top 6 as much as possible shows that perhaps there's weakness in the San Francisco depth, once again giving the Rage the edge.

3)I think the Rage has the best logo in all of fake-online-RPG-sports league. It's a good, classic logo by itself but when you realise that they've hidden in the Empire State building in its' neck? It takes it to another level. This logo would be praised if used in the real world.

4)Backdoor Barnacle is without a doubt the best name in the series. You really have to feel for the dude. Does he have a barnacle in his metaphorical backdoor? Does he have one in his literal backdoor? Maybe Barnacle is his actual family name and his parents though it'd be fucking hilarious to name him Backdoor? Either way I bet he was bullied to hell in school poor kid

5)Gritty meet and greet is the only answer here. A 1 on 1 with the leader of the proletariat revolution? How could anyone turn that down? I will go and pledge my allegiance to the cause and hope that he accepts me as one of his own, to carry forth the name of the working class.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 12:36 PM by RainDelay.)

17) PM Sent [3/16 TPE]

3) First of all, it is bold of you to assume that I have really looked at the FHM builds already... but alas, that doesn't change the outlook for my player. I had a goal in mind when I created C.T. Carragher and I'll be sticking to it when we switch sim engines. I want to be a pass-first center, so any passing related attributes will definitely be emphasized. However, I don't want to never see the back of the net. I want my player to be able to sharp shoot and hit angles whenever he can, so you better believe that I'll be paying attention to shooting/scoring or anything of that sort as well. Lastly, can't forget defense. I just wonder if defense will play as vital a role for forwards in FHM as it did in STHS. [5/16 TPE]

4) This is the most generic prompt of all time, but that doesn't mean it's a bad one. There is so much to look forward to this offseason. I feel like that, even more-so than other seasons. For one, we just won the SMJHL Four Star Cup! That's pretty cool, and it is something we worked hard all season for. I'm glad I got to be a part of it. Of course, when the high of euphoria eventually comes down (will it?), it is back to work. It will be nice going into the offseason workouts, though, that we are at the top. We won it all. Also, how could you not look forward to the switch to Franchise Hockey Manager. I'm speaking as the user now, not the player, but this is the beginning of a whole new era in the SHL. I have been around this league since, look at my profile, November of 2015. I have seen so many teams come and go, so many users come and go. But we all united on the front that STHS kinda sucks. Well, suck no more, because we are moving onwards and forwards to FHM, and I am so very excited to be along for the ride! [8/16 TPE]

2) Well, I'm no oddsmaker, especially for the SHL. I'm not there yet, so aside from the two teams in the finals right now, I don't really know the current landscape of the league. But I do understand what the SMJHL is like, so I'll be making casino odds for those teams instead. We matter, too! Who should I put as the highest odds? Hmmm... tough choice. JUST KIDDING! I'm picking the Anaheim Outlaws, the team played for by yours truly, to repeat as Champions. We have the fire in us, and we're going to keep it burning all the way through next season. If you're into betting, bet on us! Now I am faced with the tough task of picking someone with the worst odds. Jokes aside, this one is actually tough. I think I'll have to give it to the Maine Timber. Why? They're fresh off a relocation and there might not be as much of a fanbase in Maine, making it tough for the players to play under a smaller crowd. I'm definitely not as confident about this pick though. [11/16 TPE]

14) 1 - Both GM pairs are definitely forces to be reckoned with, that's how they got to the place they are in. It is also worth noting that the head GMs of both teams are people who I have known from my earliest time on the site, so I know they're the real deal. With all that said, I think JayWhy and Luke have the edge here. I remember when JayWhy was the simmer for the SHL, so he must be familiar with so much of STHS, maybe to the point where he would have the ability to pull something from up his sleeve (in a fair way) to help the Rage out.

2- There are cases to be made for why both approaches work well in big situations like this and also in any situation. However, for this question I think the San Francisco Pride have the right idea. They know good and well their best players are on the top 2 lines and they want them to see a ton of the ice. Hand it to the big guns, nothing wrong with that. I think it is similar to what my favorite NHL team, the New York Rangers, do with Panarin, Zibanejad, etc.

3 - I agree with the statement made here. In my opinion as well, the Rage and the Pride have two of the top 8 logos in the league, so that would put them top half. But one of them is top 3 to me, and that is the Pride. The color scheme is incredible, I like it better than their original scheme, which honestly wasn't bad either. That logo, though, is just excellent. I am a sucker for Lions too I guess. Awesome job!

4 - I am going to go with the youngest player on the Manhattan Rage active roster for this one, with Phineas Gold. That is a hell of a name. The last name, Gold, just sounds awesome and makes you think that every time he touches the puck it will turn to gold (in a good way). And Phineas, that was a solid first name choice. I can tell you that this man has Hall of Fame potential just based on name alone, and it isn't very often which I get to say that.

5 - This is the toughest one yet, why do you have to do this to me. I'm choosing an all you can eat grape buffet with my main man Grapehead. He is one of the users who I used to speak to most when I was super active here several years ago and is just a real cool dude all around. Plus, I fucking love grapes. Red grapes, green grapes, the darker purple ones. I'll eat 'em all! An all you can eat buffet of grapes sounds heavenly.

[16/16 TPE]

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Task 3) [+2 TPE]

When converting Charlie’s build to FHM, I’ll be focusing on passing above all else. I created Charlie to be a playmaking defenseman, who could make any pass look effortless, and hopefully FHM will see him get the opportunity to crack the 50 point mark with his emphasis on passing. Of course there are plenty of other attributes that will contribute to Charlie’s elite play, but my desire for him is to be a premier playmaker in the SHL. I would wager that I’ll push that attribute to 20 before any others, and hopefully my bet will pay off in the end.

Task 5) [+2 TPE]

Without a doubt, San Francisco Pride rookie Bo Kane will have his share of personal hardware in the seasons to come. He turned in a very respectable rookie season with the Pride, and took the opportunity to learn from the veterans on the team. His maturity led him to become a more rounded player, and the Pride’s coaching staff were blown away with his dedication to self improvement. If you were to read the recipe for a future hall of fame player, then surely you would find yourself describing the qualities that make up Bo Kane. The kid has a bright future in the SHL.

Task 6) [+2 TPE]

AGAINST - Kind of. I’m FOR making a change to reduce travel, but I’m AGAINST this particular proposal. Instead, I would use a format I’ve seen in junior leagues, where the games are split A-A-B-B-B-A-A. This would eliminate two trips over a 7 game series, while still giving home ice advantage to one team. It’s that home ice feature that I would want to protect, because it adds a level of excitement to playoff seeding that I’d hate to see cut. Neutral locations are nice and all, but playing in front of your fans is something special that we can’t take away from them, or ourselves.

Task 14) [+5 TPE]

1 - Truly there was no strategic edge to be had in this series. Both teams were built well, and both teams deployed effective strategies that brought them to the Finals. How can I give an unbiased answer to this question though? I’m obviously way smarter than jaywhy and luketd combined!
2 - We’ve used an even distribution of ice time for a long time prior to S52, but this season we ran a more top heavy approach with the lineup we had, to great success. It’s interesting that at one point in the series the teams reversed their strategies, with the Pride flipping to the balanced approach and Manhattan leaning on their top 6 more heavily.
3 - I love the Pride logo of course. The purple colour was, at the time at least, unique to the league, and the gold trim really hit the sort of regal look I hoped for when we originally chose the Pride brand. Definitely a fan of the newer Rage logo, but no contest for my personal favourite here.
4 - Ray Bork is my favourite name in this series. Anyone who has been part of our locker room for any amount of time is familiar with the prevalence of borks, so naturally someone finally used it as a player name. How perfect is it to have such a fundamental component of our team’s culture be a suitable play on a legendary NHL player’s name? Absolutely perfect is the answer.
5 - I’m definitely going to jump at the opportunity to take a tour of dilk’s internet history. Not to say I have any idea what I might come across, or even that I’m particularly curious about dilk himself, but when you get the chance to invade anyone’s privacy like this, you take it.

Task 15) [+2 TPE]

Hands down, no question at all, the MVP of this series, and the entire S52 playoffs is Peter Larson! If not for his brilliant play, the Pride could have just as easily won this series 4-2 themselves, or the Rage may not have made it to the Finals at all. In fact, Larson played so well for the Rage that he would be my pick for MVP even if the Rage had let the Pride come back to win the series 4-3. Don’t kid yourself, Peter Larson put on a goalie clinic throughout these playoffs, and you better believe SHL GMs will be tripping over themselves to find a goalie like that for the S53 playoffs.

Task 17) [+3 TPE]

PM Sent

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 10:03 AM by DollarAndADream.)

Code:
In this current reality, the Calgary Dragons did not have the best post-season. The San Francisco Pride eliminated them in 6 games, while Mikael Choybuk had a less than stellar round against the San Francisco Pride, struggling to find his scoring prowess as he has all season. Now, we find ourselves in another part of the multiverse. The Dragons forced Game 7 there, while Choybuk had the OT winner in Game 7 to carry them to the next round. Mikael Choybuk then dominated for the rest of the playoffs, and his team did no less than that, and they found themselves as Challenge Cup Champions by season's end. Choybuk ended up as the post-season's leading goal scorer, with 14 goals in 19 games by the time all was said and done. Quite a spectacular feat for him, and the league's view of Choybuk changed overnight. He would now be one of the most talked about forwards in the league.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
You're put in charge of making the casino odds on the Cup winner for next season. Whom are you giving the best and the worst odds to, and what's your reasoning?
Next season is going to be very different for the SHL, and obviously everyone knows this with the change to the sim. I think that the best odds for Franchise Hockey Manager should go to a high average TPE team, and with that reasoning I would give the edge to the New England Wolfpack or even the Calgary Dragons, who are among the top of the SHL for TPE themselves. In the first FHM season, everyone will be more or less learning it at the same time, with some teams having experts in the sim, but I think overall, most will be more confused than anything. If I was giving odds for STHS, they would be completely different because of the randomness of the sim sometimes, but for FHM, it follows the attributes more closely. I think the Dragons with their mix of players, knowledge of sim, and great coaching/GMing, they will be the favourites in the odds department. The Toronto North Stars would be my pick for the worst odds. I just don't think they have the right roster to start out in FHM next season.

Code:
With Franchise Hockey Manager coming over to the SHL for next season, players' focuses for attributes are certainly going to become very interesting. For Mikael Choybuk, the main focus will be on Shooting Accuracy. Choybuk's very thing in the world is scoring goals, so that attribute will be of the utmost importance moving forward. It's going to be quite fun to see which players come out on top in this new sim engine and why, and I think Choybuk will be a very good player by focusing on his scoring attributes. Shooting Accuracy will be hugely important for Mikael Choybuk, while Offensive Read and Speed are going to be two other big factors for him. I always wanted a player in the SHL that was a top scorer, so I think this step will move Choybuk in the right direction.

Code:
For this off-season, the Calgary Dragons hit a wall in the San Francisco Pride. The team as a whole faced a world of disappointment after an earlier exit from the playoffs than they wanted. This summer, Mikael Choybuk will be working hard on his game. The SHL has put forward new training techniques for the league to train this off-season, so Mikael Choybuk will be focusing hard on that. Becoming an expert on these new training techniques early, he feels, will be a key to success in the future. Choybuk in a lot of past times off was more of a party guy, but not this time around. These new techniques for next SHL season are unfamiliar to a lot of players and teams, so if Mikael can be a step up on the competition throughout this off-season, he should be good to go for training camp and ready to play his heart out to begin S53.

Code:
I just simply cannot get behind the idea of holding the Challenge Cup Finals in one stadium. One of the biggest things in hockey, or sports as a whole, are the fans and the cities that the teams play for. If my Calgary Dragons were in the finals, would I want to travel to some random location, or would I want to win and celebrate with fans from my city, in my city? That's an easy question to answer for me. The Super Bowl is cool and iconic for sure, but hockey finals are not that kind of event. Hell,

Code:

SENT

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Code:

There's some extremely rare universe where the Toronto North Stars are lifting the challenge cup. Now I have no affiliation with the Toronto North Stars and while Toronto is my home town team I wouldn't get any joy out of watching the North Stars lift the challenge cup. The joy I would see in that happening is watching their GM pull out their own hair over winning a challenge cup because he just doesn't know how to rebuild. Toronto has tried season in and season out to finish last place in the SHL and no matter how hard they try they just keep overachieving. The North Stars winning the cup would be hilarious as every team in the SHL would be unhappy. It would be made even worse after long-time star Lokitonov was sent out west to try and win a cup in his last season. Imagine leaving the only team you've ever wanted to play for and watching them win the cup because you wanted to go win a cup. That would suck.

[174 words] [3 TPE]

Code:

Pepperoni is looking forward to a little bit of time off. The Blizzard rarely don't make it to the conference finals so Pepperoni is going to take advantage of the extra 2-4 weeks off he usually doesn't get. After that, Pepperoni is looking forward to going over the major changes to the rules and style that are taking place in the SHL and may even take the chance to change his entire game. It seems like it's becoming a new level playing field for everyone and role players could become stars and star players could fade out into 2nd and 3rd liners. Since no one really knows what the style of the game is going to look like Pepperoni is going to try and make his game good all around and as time goes on he will structure his game to be the best that he can possibly be. It's going to be a lot of work but Pepperoni is really looking forward to the offseason this year!

[168 words] [6 TPE total]

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Rage or the Pride would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I'd bet 100% on Luke Thomason taking home some hardware in future seasons. For one, he's just entering his prime and he has 6-7 more seasons being an elite top tier player. He showed some great promise this past season and there's a good chance he's already taking home some hardware this offseason. The style of game we're currently playing is very random. Last year's MVP player like a 2nd liner in S52. We're moving to a much better system where the best can be the best and Luke is one of the best. I look forward to watching people try to (unsuccessfully) steal his MVP trophies for the next couple of seasons.

[113 words] [8 TPE total]

Code:

I'm for this idea but on a condition. We need to have a few destinations that could possibly host the event so there is never a home team, it would be ridiculous if 1 team got home ice advantage for a whole 7 game series. The second condition is that it needs to be in a nice warm climate because no one wants to book a two-week trip to Hamilton, Buffalo or Edmonton. There's a good chance we'll still be having snow-storms during the finals here in Edmonton. I think it would be a great atmosphere if we had a two-week festival in New Orleans, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Tampa, and Texas for the SHL finals. Even colder places like Manhattan, Chicago and Toronto would be neat!

[128 words] [10 TPE total]

Code:

2. Honestly, I think both strategies work for their respective teams. Manhattan has a deep team that can afford to spread out the ice-time. Their forward core is definitely their strength. As for San Francisco, they have an extremely strong D-core and it makes sense that they would ride their top forwards a little more heavily [55 words]
3. Manhattan's logo is 100% better than San Francisco's. For me, the San Francisco logo is missing a lot of sand which is something I really like to see in a lion based logo. I would also like it if they had the actual word sand in the logo, maybe even Cincinnati as well. Something like the "Cincinnati Sand Lions". IDK I'm just spit-balling. [63 words]
5. Private Gritty meeting for luke and I, I've always wanted to meet the guy behind that orange, lifeless face. I mean, we're talking about a guy who's been accused of attacking children and living in the nightmares of an entire generation. There's part of me that would be scared, but also a part of me that's extremely intrigued. I guess it would also be cool to meet Gritty too. [69 words]

[13 TPE total]

Code:

Sent

[16 TPE total]

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2020, 09:22 PM by Evok.)

One (1) welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!
http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=153173

1. Honestly, no offense to grape if he ever read this, I love u grape, but there’s no way that Jaywhy and Luketd would not have the edge in this story. And actually, it was proved as they won the cup. Jaywhy was a simmer for like forever and Luke has the dedication to make a big difference in this. (59)
2. For a fierce Challenge Cup series, I would like to see the Manhattan Rage approach. There’s nothing wrong with a top-heavy team, but of course I want to see more players play so there’s more possibility of a good play and the fun is distributed better across the team in the locker room. It’s funnier to see your player play more. (61)
3. I swear I don’t have a bias for the Manhattan Rage, but I have to go with them again. The bull logo is just phenomenal. First, I love the color red better than the color purple. After, I love the shading on the bull. I also like the M at the bottom of the logo and to top it all, the building like addition over the M to symbolize the bit city is amazing. (74)
4. Hands down Tokek Takshak for the San Francisco Pride. I don’t know exactly why, but this is my favorite name in probably the whole league. It just had that nice sound to it when you pronounce it. For the rage, I will go with Luke Thomason. My godson is named Thomas and now I can’t stop calling him Thomason just because it stuck in my head. (66)
5. Welp, this was my last chance to show I wasn’t bias to the Rage, but I will be again. Who would say no to a meet-and-greet with Gritty? While the Flyers are not my number one team, they are definitively my number two since they drafted Carter Hard. I would definitively like to be able to meet their mascot! (59)

I will be amazingly biased in this choice of player.  I’ll be picking Peter Larson as the Most Valuable Player of the San Francisco Pride against Manhattan Rage series. The guy played unbelievable with the only bad game being the last, where both goalies were shit. He had a save percentage of .833 in that game and got away with the W. In all the other game, he stayed over .917 with a shutout in game 4. There’s really nothing more to ask in life than a goalie that’s able to shut the door against the other team. There’s some game where he even had to block over 40 shots.

16. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
[Image: JejFaTL.png]

16/16

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

I mean I'm gonna sound like a Broken record here but in the alternate universe the DBC reigns supreme over the Steelhawks. Since Buffalo did our bidding for us, we would beat SFP on route to the finals who Prince Devitt is about to beat Jeff Kirkstone in their nearby matchup in Dublin and then face Joe Turncoat in NOLA and hit another 1916 to give him another concussion and hopefully he'll consider retirement after that. And then bashing the Steelhawks in a Sweep as they'll be shutout every game with Waters, Hallsy and Aaron Wilson all whining and bitching and scrambling to rig the sim but unfortunately they can't use all their exploits, which leads them being banned into SHL Dark hole. This would be a great way to the end the Simon T. Era as the one of the more prestigious franchises and one of the best stables in the SHL Universe in the Dragons Bullet Club.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
You're put in charge of making the casino odds on the Cup winner for next season. Whom are you giving the best and the worst odds to, and what's your reasoning?

3-1 for the Manhattan Rage & 15-1 for the Hamilton Steelhawks. Why cause the Steelhawks will be back to mediocrity as they scramble to find a way to exploit the FHM System as their team will spend 24 hours a day (somehow don't know how that's possible) to exploit and change it to another sim once they don't get their way in the first season. In which they will, the Manhattan Rage are the defending champs therefore they will have the best odds at 3-1. It's only fair they've scratched and clawed this season and put team on notice throughout the regular season and of course in these playoffs that they are ready to start making constant trips to the playoffs. After a long gap of Finals appearances, the Rage heading up fending the formerly known Portland Admirals who are now the San Francisco Pride in the Finals a little deja vu from S34, many moons ago.

Defensive read will priority for me as Devitt will be a Shutdown defencemen going forward for the Calgary Dragons. A specialized Penalty Kill who lays the body and blocks shots at a premium. Having Defensive Read at a high will sort things for Devitt with extensive sim testing from GM Esa and the tweaking of my build is still continuing and eventually we'll find out what will make it a consistent build in key situations. The first season will be a test period for sure, and the season goes Devitt will be more and more comfortable in this new environment facing new opponents on the ice and in the ring.

Prince Devitt is very low key with what he does in the off-season, as whenever he speaks it's very rare and the SFP Imperium picked up on that after laid an open challenge to anybody in the SHL after his win over Joe K aka Joe Turncoat. They were able to use the numbers game against Prince Devitt take him out with two of their members in Brogen and Piotr taking him out. So he's currently training for that match along with being in LA leaving out there, doing some business regarding his private life as well as training in the LA Dojo. A lot of sources are seeing Prince Devitt with Hollywood actress Vanessa Hudgens as they have been seen together eating dinner at a fine dining restaurant. Devitt & Vanessa have been reached to comment about this but haven't responded back. But Current Bullet Club Member & a close friend to the Prince in Tama Tonga says those are two very "close" friends. So we'll see if anything develops between those two.

Luke Thomason, mainly cause he's probably the best player on the Rage who have won the Challenge Cup over the Pride. He's also a quality guy, who has a great podcast with Rich, a Flyers fan (even though they eliminated the Leafs from the playoffs in the Leafs last 2nd Round apperance, sad but true) and a great rep as the face of the Rage after I've left. It was great to see them win a Challenge Cup after a long wait of building a team with many changes except for JayWhy cause that guy will never leave the Rage brass like Esa & Wasty two other great GMs in the West. Luke just being a great guy should garner him Series MVP alone.

@"luketd"

Sent.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43