Create Account

Offseason Time-Waster #1 - Which SHL team has the best logo?
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 08:40 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

We fucked that last logo thing up, but weve learned from that and i suspect at some point in the S50's Calgarys going to send a boat load of money to a designer and were going to rock a logo deserving of this franchise! .. in the meantime.. lots of great logos on the site.. edmonton, hamilton, LAP, manhattan, Buffalo, SFP, Texas, Chicago, Nola, TB and even the wolfpacks new logo have all hit homeruns with there logos.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I believe that LAP has the best logo. I was here when Wasty created it and was on LAP and have always loved it. It was a big switch form what it had been. It's pretty simple, but has some pretty bold colors. I think it's an absolute beauty of a logo and represents the city well.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

Everyone's saying all these fuckin animals n shit are cool, but in reality if we were to put them in a figurative battle to the death, they would all lose to the Toronto North Stars. Their logo is a fuckin TOWER. Imagine all those animals trying to take down a tower. Do you think a "Steel"hawk is going to break it? No. Do you think a Jet is going to destroy this tower? No, because their platoon is too weak because of poor asset management. Anyways, it's clear that having the fuckin' CN TOWER trumps the other logos unless they got a bigger (dick) tower than yours.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Edmonton, Manhattan, and LA have the best logos in the league. Edmonton's color scheme and text are particularly impressive; however I feel like some of the lines in the logo could be sharpened. The Rage logo is another Karey masterpiece with lots of detail and intricacies which make the logo pop. The shadow on one side of the face causes asymmetry that annoys me. The Panthers logo meanwhile is original, with a vibrant color scheme and concept, but the text could be better.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

I think every logo in the SHL is great! Overall logo quality has come a long way since the beginning of the league. I love the new Chicago Syndicate logos but putting bias aside I will give my vote to Los Angles which is super unique and colourful.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

The best SHL logo is the New England one. Not the current one, but the one that was used for 5 minutes just before it with hella amounts of orange in it. It was like a halloween crossover. Just all around amazing.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 11:54 PM by CanadianDuck.)

I really like the New Orleans Specters logo, the color scheme works really well and makes it really stand out from the other SHL logos. The San Francisco Pride is a strong runner up with their logo.

The Blizzard and Jets have the best logo in the SHL. The Jets one is a clean take on an oldy, but a goody. The Blizzard one is just so crisp and clean, with a perfect colour scheme to go with it.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Here's why its Buffalo, it just is. Its green and yellow and doesn't look like someone blew their nose and turned it into art. It's got the perfect image of a buffalo and not only that, it just looks like a winning logo.

Hard to pick a favorite, but I really do love NOLA's logo. I grew up a Buccaneers fan, which meant I had a backup team, and for me that backup team was the Ravens. Purple and black, and NOLA shares those same colors. I also do like the actual logo itself. It's well balanced, slick, not too flashy or overcrowded with details (Like Calgary's dragon). A critique, if I was going to make one, would be for the fluer de lis to not overlap the lettering.

Also rather partial to the LAP logo. Simple, effective, kinda subverts the norm by having the logo facing left instead of right. Subtle choice, but that stuff sticks out. The real thing that I appreciate about it is that it's a color combo not often seen. The teal and orange is uncommon in sports, but not unseen. It's almost always paired with a lighter color like white or yellow, however, so LAP's black sticks out really well. Also something to be said about how simple and understated it is.

SMJHL logos, I'm actually quite partial to the Kraken logo. I think it's a bit too detailed, and it suffers for it. A slightly more bold/cartoonish look may have served the design better, but that it's locked in a honeycomb of sorts is interesting. I like the color combo, good and bold, and the off-axis lettering is interesting and draws the eye.

The Anchorage logo will always have a special place in my heart, and I do adore it, but I find it rather simple. Special shout-out to the Craptors logo. Not sure why, but I really love it. Maybe it's the nacho, maybe it's that royal and gold are my high school colors. Maybe it's because the raptor just stubbed its talon. Underrated logo.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

There are a couple of really great ones in my opinion but I'd have to say my favourite is probably Buffalo with San Francisco and Toronto coming in second and third. Maybe Rage in fourth. The stampede logo is just so clean and I love the colours. I feel like it would look excellent on a college jumper, which is my nr1 grading criteria.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 05:26 AM by Ben.)

One thing I really like about the SHL is the uniformity of the designs especially on the banners on the forums. The logos all look like real teams and are of high quality (for the most part) and all with good colour schemes which is more than could be said for the NSFL where I spend most of my time.
I don't really have a favourite logo but I wanted to create some tiers for the SHL and SMJHL, I liked the criteria @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn used for his post but I have a few exceptions/modifications;

SHL
Elite tier: Panthers Blizzard Rage
Great tier: Stampede Renegades pride
Good tier: Wolfpack Barracuda Steelhawks
Meh tier: Chiefs Stars Platoon Specters
Too detailed tier: Dragons Jets syndicate

SMJHL
Elite tier: Kraken
Great tier: Armada Outlaws
Good tier: Falcons Knights Raptors
Meh tier: Whalers Berserkers Scarecrows
What have you done to the Raiders tier: Timber

[Image: benoconnor.gif]
[Image: H9wdMVb.png?1]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png]

Yup, I am going to say New Orleans logo is the best. I love the purple and black mix. Everything about it says New Orleans. Spooky bois.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Manhattan has the best logo, and it's not just because I was drafted there. The bull is really well done and nicely represents the team name, the red and black color scheme looks great, and the subtle details with the M and the Empire state in the logo are a great touch and homage to the city where they're located, without seeming like they were randomly inserted into the logo.  Rage

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Honestly I've been the biggest fan of the Blizzard logo since their switch to the chill arctic fox looking dude. It's both cute and fierce and really what else could you want out of your logo/mascot, and the color scheme is dope and unique as well.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]