Create Account

Eastern SHL Teams Ranked by How Many Users I Know
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 05:21 PM by RainDelay.)

It's no secret that although I am active in the SHL, it is not my primary league. The NSFL is my main league (if you haven't joined, you should) and I would say I know pretty much every user there or have interacted with them to some degree. I can't say the same for this league, as I often see names I do not recognize around the site. In an effort to try to get to know the current league members better, I first wanted to see which teams have the most users I am familiar with and rank them. I will most likely know people from the NSFL or if you were from SHL back in the day and still here. Other reasons too, but we shall see. I'll basically state how many users I know and tag them and shout them out and perhaps say something nice about them. If I don't tag you, its as simple as I don't know you. Just seeing the username everywhere doesn't count, I need to have interacted with you in some way!

So lets get into it!

Stampede Buffalo Stampede Stampede
Familiarity Level: Uhh... not much?

Users who I know: @Trautner @Tomen

Trautner is on the Yellowknife Wraiths in the NSFL, and we share a locker room there. We have spoken enough in the LR to warrant a shoutout here so I will give it! There's not that much else to say except I know that he has a pretty clean sig over there.
Tomen is an OG, who I know from both old SHL and the inaugural season of the NSFL. Fun fact: The San Jose Sabercats took Tomen's player, Alexander Selich, with their first ever pick in the league and took my player, WR Bailey Cook, with their second. We would form an unstoppable duo for... well, two seasons, because I asked for a trade... I remember being genuinely concerned when he disappeared and went on hiatus as well, as leagues are definitely better with Tomen in them!
That's really about it for Buffalo. Honorable mention goes to @WannabeFinn , who I never really had much conversation with, but is an incredibly recognizable name from both my earlier SHL days and now!

syndicate Chicago Syndicate syndicate
Familiarity Level: More than Buffalo, that's for sure.

Users who I know: @BDonini @KC15 @SDCore @Naosu @Boomcheck

There's some notable names on this list (for better or worse *eyes*) but I definitely know more Chicago players than Buffalo players. BDonini has been one of if not *the* most helpful user to me so far with my current player. He has helped me with my build on repeated occasions and done an awesome job of promoting a fun culture of winning in the Anaheim locker room. I get that's his job as GM, but Donini always seems to go above and beyond and is always readily available.
KC15 is an updater in the NSFL and has updated me before. Not that that's alot, but hey, always respect updaters who work efficiently!
SDCore is the commish here, and of course I know the commish. But it's not just because of that. SDCore is in my Anaheim locker room as well. Want to hear the best part? He's a Rangers fan. Go Blueshirts!
Truth be told, I don't know Naosu too well yet. But my minor league team just picked him up in the NSFL so Naosu will be in the locker room now. I know that this is someone I will be interacting with more.
Boomcheck... ahh Boomcheck. He's notorious here, he's notorious in the NSFL. But hey, I really don't mind the guy, and find much of his stuff entertaining if nothing else. Has a pretty solid minor league TE.

Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks
Familiarity level: Buffalo-tier.

Users who I know: @Gwdjohnson @DrunkenTeddy

Gabe is in the Myrtle Beach locker room in the NSFL so I have talked with him there. We even planned a whole draft strategy on when to draft Gabe as a late round steal so nobody else does. We executed it perfectly and now have the WR with the coolest name, Garfield Despacito Jr. If only he got snaps.
Teddy is someone who I know a lot from both leagues and is a respected member of both. Teddy and I both created WRs in the inaugural draft of the NSFL and both put up incredible numbers (his were maybe a little bit better than mine). Now he has a new player and it was a very sad day when a different team drafted him and he left the locker room! :(
Aside from these two guys, Hamilton names really don't ring a bell to me, or, if they do, we haven't interacted personally much.

Rage Manhattan Rage Rage
Familiarity Level: Pretty solid.

Users who I know: @Symmetrik @Eggy216 @XLeafer @Pris @JayWhy

Symmetrik was my WR counterpart for the San Jose Sabercats in season 1 of the NSFL. Bailey Cook and Shane Weston formed a nice tandem of pass-catchers, and Symmetrik was always a fun person to share the locker room with!
Eggy is the second person who I interacted with here in the SHL all the way back five years ago, the first being Ballerstorm. They were the GMs of the then Montreal Impact and helped me get into the league. Eggy is an all-around awesome dude who has done so much for the league and is a major reason of why I stuck around for so long. Thanks for helping me out!
Leafer was in West Kendall for a little while, so I know him from there. He has a QB in the NSFL now but is blocked by one of the youngest stars of the league. Leafer, I hope you find a home to break out and show the league what you got!
Pris was my teammate in West Kendall too, and is a really cool person. I was here when Pris came into the league, and she was super active and really stood out from her draft class in many ways.
Not too much to say about JayWhy except thank you for being the simmer for so many seasons and for making a killer goalie who I modeled my own after!

Wolfpack New England Wolfpack Wolfpack
Familiarity Level: *crickets* (with one exception)

Users who I know: @Raven @hotdog

Unfortunately, not too much familiarity with the Wolfpack. If Eggy were still here he would've added to it.
Honorary shoutout to Hotdog, who, much like Naosu, joined the Myrtle Beach locker room yesterday. Look forward to talking with you more!
Raven is my boy though! From early days of SHL, we were in the same draft class, on the same SMJHL team, everything! Now look at us. We both just got expansion teams in the NSFL. Seems like throughout my sim league experience, Raven and I have always been in this together in some way shape or form. Awesome dude!

Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda Barracuda
Familiarity Level: The lowest so far.

Users who I know: @Jepox @Kalakar @Allen

Jepox was someone who I helped get started in the league way back when. He was always eager to learn and I remember helping him build his player and encouraging him to do media/graphics etc. Always struck me as a nice, laid-back person and was a fun teammate to have around.
Kalakar is in my Myrtle Beach locker room. Kal was a Linebacker but we made him switch to kicker :D Kal isn't very active, but I am going to use my first rounder on his kicker anyway. (Plot twist: I traded out of the first)
Allen and I used to run an NHL GM Sim League a long time ago. It had a couple good seasons and then flamed out, but it wasn't for a lack of anything Allen did. He was a solid co-commissioner and I wonder if he will ever come back to the SHL.
Also yes, I know I have 3 users listed here, and only two for NEW. But I know Raven more than anyone here, so this is why TBB is the lowest.

Stars Toronto North Stars Stars
Familiarity Level: Decent

Users who I know: @jeffie43 @notoriousTRON @Tigerfan895

Jeff is the highlight here, as he is probably in my top 5 people I have spoken to most on this site. He's always around the Myrtle Beach locker room, and we go in voice chat fairly frequently. Always down for calling out BS or heckling the draft stream, and always keeps the LR fun and interesting. Wish he never changed his player's name in NSFL though. #BringBackLaVert
TRON is a member of the Outlaws, and that's awesome. We're in the same draft class, and that's awesome too. One of the most active people who I have seen in the LR, and I made him a signature as well. I can make another one better now that I have Photoshop, if you'd like!
Tigerfan or QJ is also in the Myrtle Beach locker room and is a cool dude as well. I've made him a sig as well. Hell, I've made all three of these guys sigs. If you ever decide to become super active in the NSFL, your running back will definitely find a home. Good luck in the draft bro.

Platoon West Kendall Platoon Platoon
Familiarity Level: Finally, some familiarity!

Users who I know: @.Bojo @Zoone16 @JR95 @damienj10 @Noble @Mac @RaiN

It's no secret as to why I know so many of these WKP people, I spent my original player's entire career there! And it was an awesome place to be. One of the reasons why I loved it there was because of Bojo. What an awesome GM! Bojo really set up an awesome locker room culture and really had all the players wanting to play for that team. It was his prospect goalie who took over for me when my goalie finally rode off into the sunset. Definitely one of my favorite members of all time.
Zoone16, JR95 and Damienj10 are awesome for many of the same reasons. I'm amazed to see that they are still (or yet again) kicking it in WKP! All of these guys were a lot of fun to talk to in the locker room and were dedicated teammates as well. That stretch in which we were fielding a very strong team for a while was really the best time for me on this site, and all these players contributed to why I love this league.
Noble and I have worked on many projects before and although he's had some trouble around these leagues, I always respected his dedication. He was extremely hard working when it came to working on the site in an effort to better it. Glad to see you're back in this league, man!
Mac is someone who I remember from my early days as well. While we never talked on Discord or anything, we often commented on each others' stuff around the forums, and Mac always encouraged me to write more media and keep earning money. He was a polarizing figure too, but I usually found myself siding with Mac and always thought he was a pretty likable dude!
Lastly, honorable shoutout to RaiN, who, shortly after I joined the SHL, found that he had a podcast which was literally my username. LOL

Anyways, it's safe to say that there are plenty of people who I could get to know here, but hey at least I haven't yet found a team in which I know nobody. Western Conference out tomorrow or Tuesday, depends on how my workload goes. Always happy to put some respect on some of my friends here, and if you're a reason I'm still here, than thank you!

RD out.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

2011 words. Ready for grading.

LGR!!!!!! Blueshirts rise up!

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-29-2020, 05:23 PMSDCore Wrote: LGR!!!!!! Blueshirts rise up!

Of course the season shut down in the middle of our playoff run...

Starting next season with Shesterkin will be beautiful though!

03-29-2020, 05:25 PMRainDelay Wrote:
03-29-2020, 05:23 PMSDCore Wrote: LGR!!!!!! Blueshirts rise up!

Of course the season shut down in the middle of our playoff run...

Total conspiracy against the Russians taking over the league in Blue Wink

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-29-2020, 05:26 PMSDCore Wrote:
03-29-2020, 05:25 PMRainDelay Wrote: Of course the season shut down in the middle of our playoff run...

Total conspiracy against the Russians taking over the league in Blue  Wink

At least I don't have to hear Rangers Twitter babble about how much Buchnevich sucks, which he doesn't.

damn I literally drafted u before

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

03-29-2020, 05:32 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: damn I literally drafted u before

Shh those were the inactive days...

hey

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Pish. Doesn't know Peter Larson premium TE ...well not premium what's the level below that...

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

03-29-2020, 05:36 PMTomasnz Wrote: Pish. Doesn't know Peter Larson premium TE ...well not premium what's the level below that...

Hey, I *recognized* you, we just haven't interacted all that much.

Hello!

03-29-2020, 05:36 PMjason97 Wrote: hey

Hey you played my survivor game I think!

Hope you're doing well RD

[Image: Jepox.gif]

03-29-2020, 06:40 PMJepox Wrote: Hope you're doing well RD

You as well

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 08:12 PM by Trautner.)

❄️ my man

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]