Create Account

Western SHL Teams Ranked by How Many Users I Know

It's no secret that although I am active in the SHL, it is not my primary league. The NSFL is my main league (if you haven't joined, you should) and I would say I know pretty much every user there or have interacted with them to some degree. I can't say the same for this league, as I often see names I do not recognize around the site. In an effort to try to get to know the current league members better, I first wanted to see which teams have the most users I am familiar with and rank them. I will most likely know people from the NSFL or if you were from SHL back in the day and still here. Other reasons too, but we shall see. I'll basically state how many users I know and tag them and shout them out and perhaps say something nice about them. If I don't tag you, its as simple as I don't know you. Just seeing the username everywhere doesn't count, I need to have interacted with you in some way!

Part one is here and covers the Eastern Conference: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=105039

So let's get back into it!

Dragons Calgary Dragons Dragons
Familiarity Level: Quality over quantity!

Users who I know: @Mike Izzy @bk1689 @Slappydoodle

Starting this list off right with one of the most dedicated and helpful people around this site and that is Mike Izzy. Mike has always been quite friendly and has stuck out as someone I see everywhere, but in a positive light. He has helped me and encouraged me on many occasions, and is definitely someone to look toward as a model for doing a bunch of tasks to build your player.
BK1689 was someone who I watched come in to the league, and its awesome that he's still here. When the Montreal Impact drafted the original Brennan Kennedy in S28 or something like that, I knew we got a good one. We certainly did. He was always a lot of fun to share the locker room with and helped keep our community active.
SLAPPY!!! A main reason why WKP was a ton of fun as well. Slappy is always fun to talk to and his comments would have me dying sometimes. I miss the days of our old WKP locker room on the forums before Discord was really the main medium for communication. Those were the days!

Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard
Familiarity Level: You would think I played for Edmonton!

Users who I know: @dylanjj37 @Muford @Nokazoa @caltroit_red_flames @C9Van @Keygan

Wow, Edmonton has a lot to unpack.
First, I promised Dylan I would shout him out first when I was talking about this article. So here it is, Dylan, I wish we could have claimed you in the DSFL, but you're present enough in our locker room anyway so it feels like you're one of us. Plus, we share Anaheim LR. Plus, I said you're a cool dude, and I'm sticking to it!
Muford and I go way back as old timers in the NSFL, and he has consistently been someone who I enjoy talking to in that league. I always feel like we're on the same page, especially when we sit in the war room and watch the drama of the league unfold as if we were eating popcorn. Definitely one of my favorite MB personalities in the locker room!
Speaking of personalities in the locker room... ehh actually we can skip Nok...
Just kidding. Gotta talk about my boy Nokazoa, who is a 3/5 graphics grader but a 5/5 person to share an LR with. Appreciate all the help you've given me with graphics and you're always someone who's fun to chat with in VC or just in the text channels. Happy you stick around the MB locker room despite the fact that you weren't a beach boy ever.
What else can I say about Cal, except "Fair Rubs for All!" Don't worry cal, I definitely support the fair rubs with my new team, we're building the culture around that :D
Ironically enough, C9Van and I know each other because one time we mentioned that we didn't know each other. Funny how that stuff works out!
In all honesty I haven't talked to Keygan in a while, but we used to chat a fair amount back in the day.

Panthers Los Angeles Panthers Panthers
Familiarity Level: Not bad.

Users who I know: @Briedaqueduc @Chris-McZehrl @Buster @Wasty

SIMON! Simon is one of the friendliest people in the Myrtle Beach locker room, and is a lot of fun to chat with in VC and in general, and is an offensive lineman so that's pretty cool. Plus, the lineman is named after Simon Tremblay, the dude who gave us the greatest hockey sim engine of all time /s. But this Simon is awesome! If you don't know briedaqueduc, I definitely recommend that you do!
McZ is someone who I know from all eras of the site, and definitely a fun character. McZ, thank you for always being entertaining and for making some GOD-tier players while you're at it.
Little known fact, I actually was on an episode of Buster's podcast once way back when. We talked on it for about two hours, and it was pretty awesome to be honest!
Wasty, we may not have spoken much, but god DAMN can you make a signature. One of my inspirations for graphics for sure!

Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs Chiefs
Familiarity Level: This is my team lol

Users who I know: Most, so I'll shout out a few.

Gotta start with @SpartanGibbles , my awesome GM. I definitely trust in Gibbles, and I'm excited for the Chiefs future. Keep doing you, man, we got you're back!
Speaking of the future, big ups to @Mutedfaith and @JMacNCheese . I am set to break into the ranks of the SHL next season alongside these guys and I cannot wait for that moment. By now, we are all raring to go. Muted has so much TPE and JMac has alot too, so we are all set to go. Also, the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers just picked up JMac as well, so we'll have another locker room to share!
@drodger97 I still owe you a sig, I'm sorry it's taken so long! You will get it, don't worry!
@enigmatic and I go way back and we have been a part of sites outside of the SHL and sim leagues. We used to post on sports forums back in the day and have held leadership positions on these forums! Engi is really cool.
@Segi is another person who is in both the Minnesota and Anaheim locker room and that makes him one of the people who I have interacted with most in those LRs. I'm not at the LR activity level that I'm at in the NSFL, but it's always nice to see Segi around.
@Leppish is another player who was part of the Montreal locker room back in the day. I remember his old player was an enforcer, which was definitely a niche build for the league and it was nice to see someone living a unique SHL experience. Cool dude too!
There are others I could shout out, but I will just shout the team instead. Don't sleep on the Minnesota Chiefs, we've got good things coming soon!

Specters New Orleans Specters Specters
Familiarity Level: Alright, probably will be better in a while.

Users who I know: @jkortesi31 @Jiggly_333 @Bruins10 @JuOSu @TomHanks

JKortesi was my St Louis Scarecrows GM here (a couple times, I think). I know Joe as someone who always keeps stuff interesting. He's actually always been a good person to talk to, at least for me, even though he sometimes says controversial stuff. He was a good GM too!
Jiggly, well, I know you're currently defending your team from the masses in the NSFL right now, but I wish you the best with that. May Chicago come out of this stronger. Our interactions have pretty much all been positive.
Bruins10 is new to the NSFL, and that's the only place we've interacted briefly. Glad you're a part of the new Sarasota LR!
Juosu and Tom Hanks I don't really know too much of, but they are both NSFL GMs like me, so I'm sure we will be speaking much more in the future. Looking forward to getting to know y'all!

pride San Francisco Pride pride
Familiarity Level: Who?

Users who I know: @Grapehead @majesiu

Well, since they got to the Cup last season, maybe I should pay more attention to who's suiting up for them. The member who stood out to me, though, is their GM, Grapehead. I was there when Grapehead came into the league, and he was my backup in the SMJHL before taking over when I graduated to West Kendall. Always a cool character around the locker room and around the forums, it is clear that he has done a good job lifting the Pride out of the dark days.
Majesiu is pretty well known for his contributions to PBE as he is an owner of the site. One day soon, I'll check out the league more! He is also a top prospect in the upcoming NSFL draft, and any team would be lucky to add his linebacker. That reminds me, I have to scout him!

Renegades Texas Renegades Renegades
Familiarity Level: The GM and not much else.

Users who I know: @dankoa @Rindiee @iamslm22

Dankoa is my boy. I feel like I've said that about a few people in this particular article, but it's all true. I enjoy talking to him in the MB war room and he's part of the locker room which is made up of so many SHL people. Even though the Arizona Outlaws are basically the Texas Renegades now, I'm glad your branding was put into use as well. Much like Muford, Dank is always someone who is fun to laugh at the drama of the league with!
I remember Rindiee when he came into the NSFL as a WR, and we had several conversations back then. Now he's back and that's pretty awesome. I hope your next player goes well, man!
IAmSLM is one of my favorite people in the NSFL who aren't in my main locker room, and that's because he's a really cool dude. Avon Blocksdale was awesome, and I remember your sig being one of the first I ever made. Usually a voice of reason too and stands up for good decisions, which we usually agree on!
Honorary shoutout to @RedCapeDiver , while we don't really know each other, Dankoa always talks about how cool you are so you must be pretty awesome lol

Jets Winnipeg Jets Jets
Familiarity Level: I had to look into the prospect pool before finding someone...

Users who I know: @Wallflower @Geekusoid @HabsFanFromOntario

Wallflower and I also have known each other since before the SHL, the only other user I can really say that about besides enigmatic who I talked about above. Glad we are *here* now, instead of those sites that were somehow more toxic and drama-loaded than this place. (Hard to believe, I know)
Geekusoid is an Outlaw and will be an awesome goalie in the league. You guys know how much I appreciate a good goalie!
HFFO! An NSFL old-head at his finest. I will never forget the Las Vegas Legion. Even though I included some of your stuff in my satirical articles, I felt that the criticism was unfair and you weren't in a position to succeed. Always fun to interact with you as well!

Well, that concludes my series! As you can see, I know more of the West than the East, but I have a lot of the league's players still to learn and get to know more!

RD out.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5754426]

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

FAIR RUB FAIR RUBS FAIR RUBS

I like this guy

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

[Image: 693307851707514940.gif?v=1]

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

03-30-2020, 12:54 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: FAIR RUB FAIR RUBS FAIR RUBS

I like this guy

rumor has it some nsfl teams don't support fair rubs

I'll make it my life's work to beat them

03-30-2020, 12:57 PMBriedaqueduc Wrote: [Image: 693307851707514940.gif?v=1]

<3

appreciate the love man, hope all is well with you!

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

hey you

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

[Image: 693307851707514940.gif?v=1]

Me and maj are pretty cool

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

03-30-2020, 02:37 PMdylanjj37 Wrote: [Image: 693307851707514940.gif?v=1]

Did u get claimed yet

@RainDelay I came here to yell at you because i wasn't tagged and i was like "Bitch you DEFINITELY know me, this article is a lie".

Then i saw "JKortesi31"

Jerk.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

03-30-2020, 04:33 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: @RainDelay I came here to yell at you because i wasn't tagged and i was like "Bitch you DEFINITELY know me, this article is a lie".

Then i saw "JKortesi31"

Jerk.

WOW lmfaoo my bad. My computer brightness was down and it looked like a 3

My heart was in it tho don’t worry!! XD

You're a cool dude as well! Good stuff.

[Image: lebbish.gif]