Create Account

S53 PT #4 - Videoconferencing

Videoconferencing could sometimes end with a fun moment. In Texas we had a virtual training session yesterday. All the guys took place on their exercise bikes for another sweaty hour with our superstar assistant coach @JumpierPegasus . It was once more a monologue from him. Talking about the past, he once more told us about his time as the general manager of the Portland Admirals and what great team he was building and so on. The team pretty much was somewhere else with their thoughts. But then suddenly a new window open and we saw a guy on his bike , but he had a towel over his head. We just heard him talking and what a surprise he talked about how good of a GM he was. It turned out that it was former Buffalo Stampede GM thedamnwalrus. These two egos tried to outdo each other. The team stopped training and was just smiling in the camera, from time to time windows got closed and we are not sure if this two guys are still talking.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

Slip's technical skills don't really include "videoconferencing", so he got the video chatroom set up once and hasn't shut it off since. He has just dealt with the ever present big brother style monitoring that he is streaming 24/7 to the Winnipeg Jets LR. When Slip "works" from home, he really gets in the zone with some homemade weights and shitty music. It's at that point when he forgets the 24/7 video feed, so more than once he's wandered on camera with his milk cartons and bad singing. Sometimes he forgoes the music and just grunts like a warthog.

His teammates haven't told him about this habit of his, instead, they have been pumping out tik toks of it. Each of the videos gets maybe 10 likes, but they always think the next one is going to be the one that goes viral. They may not be right, but it's important to stay occupied in these weird times. The Slip feed my well just delay the inevitable challenge video that results in someone burning their hair off.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

The Platoon has been doing their best to keep in touch during the shutdown. It has been really hard to get more than a handful of guys together because of all the planning that needs to be done for next season.

When we have been able to get everyone in the same video conference things have been interesting. My son has barged in on closed doors strategy meetings like an angry drunk looking for a final beer a handful of times. Being in solitude has definitely made some of the guys forget common decency things. There has been a lot of dong hanging during our talks. No point for pants in the new world I guess.

I've been trying to help whoever interested in cooking with some Eating with Emerson videos I've been piecing together. I'm no health nut or anything but I just want to keep everybody out of the cookie jar. So far minimal cuts and only one fire!

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

In my video conference with some teammates I really didn't feel like interacting socially at that moment. I decided to put some fake footage up on my screen to do the "talking" for me. I found a bunch of my past interview clips off MeTube and stitched them all together. It was so convincing, everyone was gonna be none the wiser. Team conference call time came around and I was prepared. I waited a minute or two until people started some threads of conversation and then flicked on my footage. It worked perfectly. They were so fooled with their responses of, "what are you talking about?" and, "why did you just change locations?" Perfect. I left for the kitchen to make second breakfast and then played some video games for a couple hours. When I came back I figured everyone would be gone but the conference call was still going! Almost every other person had the same idea as me, so I walked in on a bunch of interviews playing simultaneously. The only real person left was @Zomp who was still trying to get people's attention and to stay on one topic. His visible frustration was recorded and memed to hell.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

The Berserkers are managing to keep spirits pretty high during these stay at home times. You can constantly find at least a few of us on a videochat, and as the players come and go in the call, one thing that's common is that a lot of us our drinking away our boredom. Clothes seem pretty optional for Andrei in the calls, and he'll often get lost on a CCCP rant. We keep trying to reach out to Steve but I think we've lost him to AC. The only times people can reach him are at 4am, with bags under his eyes muttering something about thermal paste. We also like to join each other's twitch streams, and harass J for sucking at fornite, or watch Potts toast some trash talkers on MLB the show. While we're eager for things to get back to normal, we have a strong team bond and some good teammates, and our keeping ourselves connected and entertained.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

So I was on a videoconferencing call the other day, and in true videoconferencing etiquette I kept my mic muted and my camera off until I was ready to participate....at least so I thought. I was having my Zoom meeting with a realtor in Portland, Maine about acquiring some property there for the offseason. It made sense to finally buy some property there since I have been going to the Halifax/Maine facilities every offseason to work out with my former SMJHL team since I finally made it to the big leagues. Anyway, so I'm on this Zoom call and I am running around in my underwear because I thought my camera was off... yeah, it definitely wasn't. And when the realtor brought it to my attention all I could do was say "FUCK!" To make matters worse, my mic wasn't muted so I couldn't just play it off as if I was totally cool with it. It was a total fuck up.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

All of the prospects and young players on the Texas Renegades got a call from their GM's to discuss the future of Texas
Some players weren't able to join the call with video as they didnt have a camera (player render) but they were there with audio

[Image: RWfwbaR.png]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Henrik Lekberg Osterman has never been much of a tech guy so this whole covid isolation thing really hasn't played into his personal strengths at all. First of all, Henrik didnt even own a smart phone or a laptop with a webcam, which created some problems to begin with. He has always wanted to keep things simple and focus on the moment and he strongly believes that having a smartphone would just create issues with that way of life. Anyway, after a quick conversation with his brother back in Sweden he finally buckled and settled for a webcam for this laptop. He's spent a couple of hours a day talking to his teammates and while nothing particularly embarrassing has happened in that time, the fact that he is so technically inept in this area is embarrassing enough. That and his teammates have realised how non-essential Henrik feels clothes are at home. He barely ever wares anything but yoga pants when hes at home, which is not always appreciated.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

So the other week we had a video conference call with some of the Dragons when @BarnabasCollins did some live cooking for us. Other people involved were @Steelhead77 @mstuk41 @RaginCajun and @Weretarantula

So he made a complete schedule. We started of by making some Irish Soda Bread. It was fun seeing him struggle with the dough, it was sticking everywhere. So after that bread was in the oven, the next dish he was preparing for us was ribs, asparagus with mushrooms and onions in garlic and butter. So when he said that our mouths started to water on the stream. Just by looking at it, you could see he grilled the ribs to perfection and the asparagus looked damn tasty too. I completely forgot that asparagus season is right now, so I told the misses to make them for dinner sometime this week. So when the bread was ready, it was ready for a nicely glazed ham to enter the oven. That ham was massive and I was really jealous I wasn't there to take a bit later. When everything was finished we decided that a nice oatmeal coffee stout would fit perfectly with this meal to wash it all down.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

The Panthers management had a lot of money over for a situation like this, so they sent out projectors, webcams and big screens to everyone in the team so that we could have team meetings online, having everyone on the screen at the same time. The thing is that sneaky computer hacking ninja samurai Disisde Dayudie took advantage of this, using part of his salary to higher a skilled hacker to hack all of his teammates webcams. Thanks to this he has seen some, to say the least, interesting thing. Not only did he see Kenny Crellers very hot girlfriend wearing nothing but a very very.. VERY tiny towel. He has also seen said Crellers unshaved asshole, which was not as nice. It actually made Disisde delete his access to Crellers webcam. He also saw Mauldin eating like 10 lemons a day, which could be the reason as to why he is so mad in the sim.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: aa9fe9a78b062447c78e0a151500a442.png]

The video conferencing sessions the Rage have been having have been... pretty disastrous to say the least. First, David Vent has been late to nearly every meeting, and when he does show up, it's quite obvious he's playing Apex Legends in the background. Barret McCarthy (myself) hasn't been much better, and not to throw anyone under the bus, but i'm 99% sure that Luke Thomason has not been wearing pants for nearly any of these meetings. Peter Larson you hear nothing but a crying kid in the background, and don't even get me started with Andrej Doskočil. His little dog yaps more than any on the planet I swear. If it wasn't for the fact I love dogs.... Oh yeah, and Alex Winters has been so focused on collecting every SHL card in existence that I'm not sure the guy has a phone left that he hasn't pawned for trading cards.

One of the great ones we have in Edmonton, though of course not in the same location but spread across the city, is we play a game where everyone gets on discord (which has recently added a video feature to the server) then everyone drinks and we see who is still left standing at the end of the day. Though I must admit to a few things for full disclosure on this event. First of all the event usually starts very early in the day which means the end of the day is usually more in the range of like 2:00 PM. Second, the last man standing usually does not exist because when the late afternoon rolls around there is nobody left at their webcam unless you happen to be able to see their bed, floor, or possibly couch from it. And perhaps most importantly the sole player of this game has almost always just been Tor Tuck who is drunk in the web chat alone and eventually passes out to pass time.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

The Berserkers held a conference call and well, it was exactly what you would expect. @Smalinowski7 had his nerd glasses on and was tapping on his calculator the entire time. @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn was playing chess while everyone else talked the entire time. @SDCore was belligerently drunk the entire time and kept misspelling some words somehow despite the fact that he was speaking them. @Kylrad came in and was silent for 99% of the time, except for when he seized his opportunity to make fun of me about gaming. @Snussu came in and shared his screen and it was just a big notepad with a list of his DGR in every game this season so far. @Rindiee had to get up halfway through and get some ice because he strained his thumb from swiping on tinder the entire call. @NeonLime broke the silence every couple minutes to double check whether we were getting TPE for this video call or not. @Toast thought it was October and was dressed as Randy Savage and attempted to power bomb his cat through the coffee table.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

The players in the New Orleans locker room have been trying to keep it a business as usual whenever possible, they have been reviewing tapes together using videoconferencing, something they have always done before playing an opponent. Recently they decided that they would have a different player run the session to keep everyone interested, they started with DeMaricus, the captain, run the first player session which went off without a hitch. Nicholas William's was second and again did a terrific job. Lyle Odelein III followed William's and fresh off Lyle's new appreciation of pranks after finally understanding then after this past April Fools, decided to try and make his session a little humourous. Instead of playing actual game video for his review, he streamed himself playing some NHL20, he thought this would be hilarious, and it was because Lyle promptly got destroyed by a 10 year old and was called every name in the book during his beatdown. His teammates have yet to let Lyle live this down and have actually invited the kid who destroyed Lyle online to the next Specters home game.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada