Create Account

van der Heijden Call-Up Presser
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 07:43 PM by bluesfan55.)

Code:
ready for grading

After a strong S53 season with the Armada ended in a disappointing series loss in 7 games to the Anaheim Outlaws, Mitchell van der Heijden, tears in his eyes, steps to the podium in Anchorage. He knows he's played his last game in an Armada jersey, and is in the process of packing up his things, as he's moving into a bungalow in New Orleans. "Ask away," he said to the media. "I'm open to any questions."

05-07-2020, 09:28 AMhonkerrs Wrote: Who was your favorite goalie that you've played with and why was it Scoochie Stratton?

The Anchorage head GM, Acsolap, is known to be an outspoken individual but well liked by everyone in Anchorage....what is one of your favorite quotes from him?

That's a hard question actually. It's between Stratton and Ian Venables for sure. I love Budgie. He captained us to the Cup in S51 and was a stone wall in the net. Ian just was a great leader and the nicest guy, and I've been keeping tabs on how he's done in San Francisco. Definitely gonna have to score on him at one point. Scoochie on the other hand has the potential to be even better than Venables. He's a young guy, came in as a rookie and fit right in straight away with the rest of the guys. Dude's a super hard worker, studies a lot of analytics and SHL history, but is also just super chill and funny as well. Looking forward to seeing him start in Anchorage next season, he deserves all the success that he'll get. Also I think he'll for sure be the first goalie off the board at the draft. Stats my not be there but he's a great guy who works hard and has a positive LR presence. First rounder for sure.

Oh man, Ass Clap says the fucking weirdest shit sometimes but he's so goddamn hilarious at the same time. What you said is indeed true, Ass may be outspoken but we love him in Alaska; he was able to assemble our S51 cup winning team and has helped us stay successful for the entire time I was there and more. And I have a bunch of quotes to mention as well. "A watery bint named ml lobbed a scimitar at me" is a good one, as is "Time to start ejecting people that use finna in my locker room" and "Fuck, I'd rather smash my own nuts with a hammer". But his Ass-isms, as I call them, really take the cake. Words like "scabby cunts" and "chief dangle berry inhaler", and even "fucking window lickers" all come from his New Zealandish (idk how to say it) origins and they're just the most whimsical cusses known to man.

05-07-2020, 10:15 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Hi Bloos,

Aside from the S51 Four Star Cup, what was your favorite part of your time in the J?

Who do you expect to be your biggest competition for Rookie of the Year in the SHL?

Best of luck in moving up, dude.

That's another really good question. I'd say this season. The locker room was bumping with all of the new rookies we brought in, the veterans were fun as ever, and it was just a great environment in general. A total upgrade from the season before. I remember walking in the first day of practice seeing that C on my jersey, and I knew the season was going to be special just from that. It was just good old fashioned fun, and I can't have imagined finishing my SMJHL career any other way. Would've been better with a cup.

Probably either Kaarlo Kekkonen or Elizabeth Doyle. Doyle is bound to start for a Buffalo team that has an insanely stacked defense, so she probably won't have to see much pucks, and she's at the same level talent-wise as their starter Cedric Robinson right now, so I can see her being a favorite. Kekkonen had a decorated SMJHL career (won the Ideel Fallah and Raymond Lindsay in S52) and is likely to play top 6 minutes on a rebuilding Renegades team so I can see him sneaking in there as well. It's likely going to be between us three for the Jesster.

05-07-2020, 10:45 AMWeretarantula Wrote: What number will you choose to wear in NOLA? Why?
Opinion on the colours of the logo that you will now have to wear day in day out?
Do you think you'll spend your whole career there?

I'd prefer to keep my juniors number of 15 in the show, because it's a number I've worn since my days playing football back in Alkmaar, but if not I'll probably end up going for my replacement number of 25. When I first got into playing ice hockey, the team I played for already had a number 15, but they had 25 open so I went for that instead.

I think the purple stands out a bit from the rest of the league, and it goes well with the black so I'd say that the colors are decent. Not the best color scheme in the league in my opinion but definitely one that's not bad.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure whether I'll end up spending my entire career in New Orleans. It just really depends on how these next two seasons go. My contract is up in S55 and I've been planning on testing the waters of free agency for a while, I guess, but as I said before it depends on how the next two seasons go in New Orleans and whether I'll be a good locker room fit there. I've got the impression so far from my early days there for training camps that it wasn't the best fit, and I hope that changes. Would I like to spend my entire career in New Orleans? Maybe. Will I? Can't say or really tell for now.

05-07-2020, 01:53 PMSAwful Wrote: Scrub

There are many ways that I can be seen as a scrub. The main example of this is the playoffs, where I only had 3 points, which is a major step down from a point per game pace in the regular season, and the rest of the team was able to pick up the slack and carry my scrub ass for most of that series. Truthful comment at times from the rookie there.

05-07-2020, 01:56 PMFrick_Nasty Wrote: Who would you like to see take your Mantle as captain of the Armada?

If you could you could fight anyone on the Armada who would it be and why?

Either Rasanen or Hanson (if he stays down, don't know if he will). If Hanson doesn't stay down then I'd nominate either De Siren or Sawful. Rasanen has done a lot to help the rookies adjust and adapt to the league and he's very dedicated to the team as well. De Siren is a quiet guy, I think most of us in Anchorage know that, but he's been great when called upon and is what I'd call a silent leader; he just does things the right way. And Sawful has been absolutely fantastic in all aspects as a rookie. I see him as a future leader of the Armada due to that; great communicator and gets along with everyone.

I'm not a fighter, and across my four SMJHL seasons I think I only fought once, so if there's someone I think I could take it would probably be one of the smaller guys. I'm not going after Lazer or Hanson; both are enforcers who would beat my ass to a pulp. I'd have to say Thorbjorn Gunnarsson (@DaftRaincloud) then because he's not the strongest so I'd be able to take him.

05-07-2020, 02:45 PMHuck24 Wrote: Have you set any goals for yourself next season? What's the first thing van der Heijden is going to do in New Orleans once he joins us here?

I think my main goal with the Specters is to win the Jesster. There's going to be some stiff competition for it (see the question from Blitz above) but I should be able to pull on through. Not trying to set the world alight but it would be nice to have at least 20 points.

I guess the first thing I'll do in New Orleans after I fully move in to my apartment is go to the rink to check it out. Gotta get some practice in and get used to the ice surface so I don't trip on an edge or hurt myself.

05-07-2020, 08:16 PMMike Izzy Wrote: i just want to say ... VDH  Exercise
That is probably the only nickname I'll ever get while an SHL player since my name is hard to pronounce (f.y.i. heijden is pronounced like hi-den, not hay-den). The Flying Dutchman works but I'm technically not Dutch anymore. I do like the three-letter inital nickname though. Fits nice.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Who was your favorite goalie that you've played with and why was it Scoochie Stratton?

The Anchorage head GM, Acsolap, is known to be an outspoken individual but well liked by everyone in Anchorage....what is one of your favorite quotes from him?

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Hi Bloos,

Aside from the S51 Four Star Cup, what was your favorite part of your time in the J?

Who do you expect to be your biggest competition for Rookie of the Year in the SHL?

Best of luck in moving up, dude.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

What number will you choose to wear in NOLA? Why?
Opinion on the colours of the logo that you will now have to wear day in day out?
Do you think you'll spend your whole career there?

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Scrub

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

Who would you like to see take your Mantle as captain of the Armada?

If you could you could fight anyone on the Armada who would it be and why?

[Image: lazer2.png]

05-07-2020, 01:56 PMFrick_Nasty Wrote: Who would you like to see take your Mantle as captain of the Armada?
[Image: dXlMGlA.png]

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

Have you set any goals for yourself next season? What's the first thing van der Heijden is going to do in New Orleans once he joins us here?

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

i just want to say ... VDH Exercise

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria