Create Account

SHL 10 Year Anniversary - Bonus PT

In my almost three years on the SHL, I have had a lot of great memories and have met a lot of people that I consider good friends that I would not have met otherwise. I have been lucky enough to have been on some amazing teams where I have met even more amazing people. Signing with St. Louis as a DFA with Teddy Cuddles was probably the best choice I could have made. That old STL locker room is absolutely legendary, it was so much fun and it really kept me into the league. Edmonton was also amazing and I would have never wanted to spend my entire career somewhere else. I have mad so many great memories playing in Edmonton and I love that group over there dearly. We gotta play tabletop or stardew valley again sometime soon. Being Fuzz's co in Carolina has also been an amazing experience. To build that team has been a blast. We have brought in so many fantastic users and I feel like the new wave of users is going to be Kraken deep. Tampa Bay has also been an amazing locker room too and I am very excited to hopefully take over the league after this rebuild.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 02:21 PM by dmills3.)

When I first joined the leauge, @luketd was the only J GM to reach out to me so naturally I signed with Vancouver. When I got in the LR, I really didn't talk for the first week or so until one night @SecondSucks22 and I wouldn't stop talking. Jax is my best friend from the site and it sucks he is now inactive, but he's one of just the few great people from the S47 Vancouver class. We also had @aaronwilson @Otrebor13 @TheHockeyist who all went on to make great players for their teams. During my Vancouver seasons we also had @Nokazoa @C9Van @Bruins10 @efiug among others who were excellent teammates. Of course I have to thank Luke, @Inf1d3l and @Glyc for being great GMs for me in Vancouver. Without them I wouldn't have been active on this site for long.

I'd also like to thank the people I've co-gm'd with @MCP_ @thecanadiancanuck @SecondSucks22 and @Gwdjohnson (even though you left me after 3 days  Angry )

Then we have my Hamilton fam who are so fun to be around such as @DrunkenTeddy @JSS @notorioustig @aaronwilson @SecondSucks22 @Gwdjohnson @Hallsy @nour @Waters @golden_apricot @Gooney . I've won 2 challenge cups with y'all and hopefully we can get 1 more before Lagerfield and Phelps have to retire  Smile

Next we have the Canada gaming squad who I wreck in every game we play (besides @Ferda and maybe nyko cause they're better than me) @Briedaqueduc @Kalakar @Ace @nykonax @jeffie43 @Naosu Thank y'all for either the hard carry or getting in my backpack, depending on the day Wink

Next are my buddies from J GM chat such as @FuzzSHL @cpetrella @SDCore @JNH @CementHands @Citizen of Adraa @BDonini @Nictox

I know I'm definitely missing some people but it is what it is Smile

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

I've been on here for just over 2 years now, all with the same player up until now, and I have made so, so many memories. From my time with the Vancouver Whalers, to the Wolfpack, to the Cuda (chomp chomp water dog), and finally the Platoon, I've had tons of fun and made lots of friends. I've had times I've been relatively inactive, I've had times where I would go on the site many times every day. It all started with me and my great friend still to this day @Carbine decided to try a new sim league, and we created as a pair of Latvian players, having no idea how this league would be. And now, I've met so many other new great people.

My time with the Whalers and with Tampa were arguably some of the best memories I've made on any sim league. The S50 season with the Cuda was something else, in a good way. The locker room was booming, we were playing amazing, we had a cup run, I had an amazing season. All around the best season ever on SHL for me. Thank you to everyone who was a part of it, I love you all and appreciate you all.

I would @ everyone, but I just did that in my latest media. But I still love you all and appreciate you all!

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

This will be a tough one. During these 12 hours I have experienced... well, nothing yet, so let's take a look into the future...

...which is also a bit of a mystery to me, as I've so far just been clicking links and trying to follow steps and do at least something. Luckily I have time to sleep well in the next few days, so my brain will have time to put these things together.

From what I have seen, this seems like a very nice concept. People seem to be helpful and as some of you have stuck here for years and years, there has to be something great in it. Having been playing some other kind of sim games I know that when you put time an effort into something virtual, you grow a bond with it. And it definitely helps if there are other like-minded people around who you can communicate with. 

This definitely looks like a great community, and now it's basically just up to me to get through the learning curve and invest enough time for the game to become a habit.

I don't really have any specific goals for my player yet, as it's hard to estimate how much effort is required to reach any certain levels or accomplishments. But I will try to learn from you guys and aim to letting my player become the best version of himself, to make it sound like a complete cliché.

[Image: sulov.gif]

I was going to do this on the 10th, as that's my 6th year anniversary of joining the site, but work happened, so I'mma do this now.

I'm doing this solely for the occasion really, and as such this will probably be a novel, but there's some beauts I need to tag.

VAN S18-S19 b2b, a great start and a great, small group
@Wongy & @The__Y-man__100 signing some dude who joined just after the draft, lmao what a loser. Look he wasn't even recruited, he's not gonna last a season
@Kinsler my first killer linemate, I still remember my sig from back in the day that you really liked
@Ace Titsling, championship hangover buddy and the reason I went to NEW. I still remember that giant ass champagne bottle
@MastaSchmitty OG and best Schmidt, man I can't believe I haven't seen you since 2014
@JHS 2nd best Schmidt
@Bowhuntr11 & @Anchorage42 I miss you beauties, so happy to have spent both my time in VAN and NEW with you guys
@Beaty scrub

NEW S19-S27 I may have not been updating, but it's likely due to my time in NEW that I stayed around at all good ole 4th line active
@Mac Besides Beaty, the only other maritimer I'd know on the site for a while, also responsible for starting my connection with PGF and for getting me my first GM job
@prettyburn I'm happy to have helped make you cry, or I think that's what you said (Russell's last game)
@Whikadoodle , @Soy, @Hoovuh can't remember specifics, but seeing your usernames makes me smile

PGF/ANC S28-Now I guess 3 players, two management stints, and the birth of Discord meant I could stay indefinitely. PGF/ANC is near and dear to my heart.
@RomanesEuntDomus The voice of reason. I appreciate you so much, and your presence. In a community that lives off drama and emotions, your reactions seem to always say what I wanted to say, or at least provide something much more sensible to discuss. You were an outstanding partner in the PGF front office, and I'm incredibly lucky that Mac suggested approaching you to be co, as I had no real preference or direction after TNGO left.
@lizzywho Oh captain, my captain. I don't think I've seen a greater "what could've been" moment in SHL history, then the trade that sent you away from our ragtag S30 team. I know that ultimately the decision made sense, you being the centerpiece of the team and a great member made it so difficult, but if there were any hard feelings you certainly showed us  Wink
@Tomen My first fucking pick and it's a 1 in 100 user? YES PLEASE. Also I'm very happy you didn't die, and I'm even happier to have had you on my team and my management.
@Waters My second pick and it's a resource vital for life, insane picks out here. You provided a goofy vibe that was perfect for the new PGF we were creating. Yes I blame you for the current state of affairs.
@AtomikMK That makes three incredible picks in a row. You were great to have around, and yes, the pick was based partially on scouting, I just happened to overhear you chirping Waters which meant I HAD to pick you ofc. Also, thanks for the Discord, first one I ever joined.
@ccarico I will never forget you, nor your KEL sweeping gif
@S30PGF The 2nd most magical team I've ever been on, from the streak to the sweep of Kelowna, to the championship run while being a low seed. Truly awesome.
@Sorator Miss you
@Symmetrik Steal of the century, both in player and in person
@Insayne You were an alright pick I guess, HoFer now too, shame you came short on getting at least one more Martucci Trophy
@GreyGooseVodka Doom line forever, except ignore S39
@mdubz You might as well be called our official uniform maker at this point
@Sleepy ilu stinky
@12jmoritz another beauty I miss
@ThisSeemsFishy Gildo, my son
@Muford You may have only had one start in the ploofs, but it was a start in our hearts
@ml002 You may have only had one point in the playoffs, but it was a point in our hearts
@dmuda11 AA, you came in via the trade, but man did you fit in. I miss you. Also fytemeirl
@StaticShocked First time I met you was after the trade iirc, good times
@S38 PGF The most magical team I've ever been on by far. Those of us who were on it know how beautiful and fun it was. For me, it was my first captaincy and I don't think I'll ever have an experience quite like this one again.

POR S29-S33 The best LR I've ever been a part of, hands down. Incredible memories and great times.
@Wally Of course I have you to thank for getting me there in the first place, it sucked when I got traded, but my time in Portland was awesome.
@tweedledunn You beautiful motherfucker. Rocketleague was fun, and in fact our Admiral game nights set the stage for what would be become the SHL New Years stream as I looked for ways to enjoy the SHL outside the forum. We did it right in Portland.
@Snuffalupagus , @Rich , @BANNING Honorable mentions for good vibes
@LB. You Tingis Pingis from Latavian Bastard.

WKP S36-S45 Was this even a team? Felt like a weird family, mostly because it already was and then I was dropped into the middle of it, but that's alright I guess.
@.bojo Finish Blockey. But also, ever since I first met you when you joined, you were always a user I wanted to be a teammate of, and I'm very happy it happened as it was very worthwhile. Also part of my income lives forever in your jersey so don't you ever forget that.
@JR95 My partner in crime for the New Years Streams, also you were Co when I was drafted I think, so congratulations for helping pick what may be my only good SHL player.
@adamantium Dadam. EDM and shit, good talks, good vibes. Also fuck you, your name's Adam and I don't care.
@enigmatic Part of the OG trio that ran the new years stream, and a key part of the LR dynamic at this point
@ej27 , @Rabidsponge21 , @Allegiant I hate running out of words to say but you guys are too important to leave out
@Leppish Never met a Swede before you, and then I met my first Finn this year playing hockey. Wow you guys must hate eachother or something.
@Zoone16 Drunk Zoone will make an appearance again I hope, also Zooneface

SFP S46-S47 My triumphant return. Sorry I didn't stay longer, but I had an emptiness after PGF and very much wanted to end my career in Toronto, and that worked out.
@Beaver If you ever mention trivia to me again I will block you
@Grapehead Only other full-time SHLer from PEI, thanks for my brief stay
@Flowseidon Another maritime boi, hope you're doing alright especially after the events of the last month (That is, if I remember your location accurately)
@bilbo Someone who I heard nothing but nice things about, but never was on a team with until late, shame it was so short, but I learned that everything I heard was true

CZE/IIHF S19-Infinity Being an IIHF founding father at the time didn't mean much to me, especially since I don't think anyone else applied for Slovakia, but looking back I am so happy with my time spent involved in the IIHF as a whole and how far our once fledgling federation has come
@andybj Part of the OG Czechs and one the first transfers. You gave a lot of time to us and were great to have around.
@Dmoushey_31 The first Czech long-term star, along with Big Z I guess, but you were a fantastic presence to have in the LR as well. Miss you

S36 #Bestclass Need I say more?
@Pris RIP, you will be missed
@nour See you at the next new years stream
@cpetrella & @bluesfan55 Good vibes. Is it weird I can't think of one of you without the other?

Other people
@Mook Don't you ever murder me again as the last villager or there will be consequences
@Jiggly_333 New year's stream vibes. I think you get too much hate, so have this tag.
@formx RIP, I didn't hate you most else, but then again you graciously didn't send cursed shit to me after the foot
@Gooney angel

Going through old contract posts helped me realized just how much paths cross on this site. Some people I hadn't been on a team with for over 10 seasons would end up on my same team, and some others I would be on three difference teams with in a short time span.'

I didn't include ANC and the New wave of CZE users cuz I feel those chapters are still too open to call just yet, so see you in another 10 years?

Seriously though, thank all of you. You guys all made the site for me. When friendships transcend my shitty memory to the point where I think fondly of you just at the site of your name, that's some good shit.

Also this is gonna be real dumb if I didn't include someone obvious

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Also none of these tags do anyone enough justice, just hope to bring a smile Smile

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY

Recounting my short time as part of the SHL community so far:

It all started during a snowstorm in 1996, when I was born in this little place off the east coast called Long Island, NY. I was given a Isles Fisherman jersey and ice skates before I could even walk. But then... Disaster! I moved away to a place that made it very hard to play hockey, which was, is, and always will be my favorite sport.

Fast-forward a bunch of years and we find me in early 2020, still never having played organized hockey, but with the passion for hockey still burning inside me. While browsing /r/hockey instead of doing my actual job, I see a post for a little thing called the Simulation Hockey League. I say "What the heck" and go ahead and give it a shot. All of the sudden I feel like I am both in my element and way over my head at the same time. Shout-out to all of the mentors who got me on the right track in the beginning. I definitely wouldn't have gone far without their help at the beginning.

Right off the bat, I starting hitting it off pretty well with a bunch of players in the rookie discord. Namely @Aephino. What started this/makes it better is we both made British players so we got to play in the WJC for Team British Isles just a few days after joining the site! But now things were starting to get real. The SMJHL draft was looming near and no one had any idea what team they were gonna go to. I had talked to a couple of GMs but not nearly all of them, maybe just over half of the league, so I was starting to get a little nervous. To make it worse, I wasn't available to watch the draft live, so I had to wait until later in the day to see where I went. When I was finally able to pull out my phone I saw I had like 10 tags on discord and an invite to a new locker room. The Detroit Falcons locker room.

I was immediately met with thunderous applause when I finally logged in. I went especially crazy when I found out that Teddy and I were drafted back to back to the same team. I knew right away I was gonna love it there. I've had more fun talking online with this team than I have in quite a while. What a great group of people. I mean, we've got @roastpuff, you couldn't ask for a better dude than this to share a locker room with, @Aephino, who I already talked about but now in this context he's on my team, @leviadan , again, a great guy to share a locker room with, @"reid_sutherland", what a level headed and supportive guy, @Rangerjase, what to say about this guy? If you told me he was like a long lost twin or something I wouldn't be surprised. I feel like we are always on the same wavelength. And who could forget about @"Awesomecakes"? I'd take this big, loveable, blue smiley faced, ALL-STAR goalie over any other in the league (sorry @feeler). And that's just the start! I don't even have time to get into @jeffie43 , @JMacNCheese, @Mutedfaith, @lukejm37, @JSS331, @feeler, and @Murtsi!

And of course I owe a great deal of my success to the fantastic GMing of @notorioustig and @nour, who, I'm not even sure contacted me before drafting me? Whatever. Without the guidance of the little green frog that is Tig, I'm sure I'd be enjoying this a bit less than I am now. I really can't say how great these guys are.

And a look into the future! I am really excited for my upcoming time with the Cudas @MCP_! And I'm super excited to have Zoltan on my team once again! I look forward to the coming years in the SHL!

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Oh boy, I have so much to talk about here. I don't know that I plan to tag that many people, just in that I don't want to cause this to be a mess so I'll just tag a few.

Back in the days of HFBoards, I was looking through trade speculation and offer threads and joining GM games. That's when I saw the post offering to join a world where you make your player and effectively roleplay your career. It was just kicking off, the first draft had just happened and I signed up for an account. It was S1 of the NWJHL and I went to the Brandon Blazers. Teztify came along with me to the league, and while we went inactive at some point, we can at least say we were there and we've seen it from the start. My 10 year anniversary is in June and I plan to celebrate it somehow.

Then around came S8 with Jaroslav Sekeras as my player, and joining the Seattle Stags. It was a bit strange, but it was nice to get to know Ochocinco and get to connect a lot more with some people who became legends like the Scherbluks and being in a draft again with my close friend @teztify as Cole Reinhart. Another one that I went to the wrong place and didn't last too long with, as going to West Kendall was nice but Dylan wasn't the GM for me and Scott Stevens wasn't the partner for me. It was unfortunate, but it was exactly what was needed for what came later ...

The Jakub Aittokallio experience was a fascinating one. Teztify again brought me back. It was the best possible experience I could have as I reconnected with one of my best friends ever in @Buster who I've now known for about 14 years exclusively online. It gave me the chatzy experience where it was more real-time talking and not as much scrolling through a forum waiting hours for a response to anything. It gave me the ability to meet people like Harry, Tylar, JP. It even gave me one of the best friends I think I will ever have, @JayTee or the Josh to my Josh*. I absolutely loved these times and these people, even if I had certain experiences that were odd from my chainsaw moment to winning an MVP to becoming the first goaltender to 400 wins, and setting so many records along the way. I know it gets downplayed how great of a player he was because of my personality being so boisterous and people not liking to give credit to people who will love and credit themself, but as I continue to look back I feel more than ever a true love for Jakub as a part of me, and for my time as him meeting so many people.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to return to Edmonton and my player's eldest child Jason was brought in to Manhattan. Even in my trip to free agency, I never really escaped it and so instead I was constantly the backbone of the team. I went from a 3 Cup career with Jakub to a 2 Cup career with Jason where I may have been able to push for more, but only made the playoffs a few times because of a bad team in front of me and had to retire a bit too early due to taking over the GM role.

Speaking of here comes some fun, toward the end of Jakub's career I took over the simming job and started becoming a desensitized and angry person with the site. I give so many thanks to @JackCross for letting me hold his license and work with him, for setting the standard of a long-term simmer. I became our longest simmer ever and then handed off in S40 to @Evok who I want to thank for taking on that stress and work and being so incredible in the role proving that it was absolutely the right decision for me to go.

As I ended my simming career, I started working in a way to leave the site altogether. Finally, after spending so much time on here and being so stressed, I had found ways of destressing, I began to become more comfortable and replacing it with different habits. Then the Nuck thing happened. Then one of the best friends I've made on this site @Eggy216 reached out to me and asked if I would take over the team because there were no other options. I've now been doing that since S39, and have again continued to make lifelong friends who I am so absolutely thankful to have met.

While I may have wanted to leave before, now I can't imagine being gone. I can't imagine a world without @ImShiny or @39alaska39 or "@luketd" or even @GeckoeyGecko. I have been so incredibly lucky to spend time with so many amazing people, too many to list here. And I'm so thankful that my time will be able to continue as well. Hopefully one day I'll earn something that will get my name truly forever recognized in SHL history and be able to feel the love back that I feel for this league as a whole.

This went pretty long, but I actually cut it fairly short so ... to media I guess I should go sometime.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

I have to say that easily from being on this site for over 7 years (i think) my favorite time on the site was during the S18-S24 era of the Texas Renegades. Being a younger kid on the site this was the first place where i found a tight knit group of individuals that i could bond with over the course of the couple years we were together. This evolved into nightly chatzy's (back when that was a huge thing) and just such an amazing group of guys that terrorized the league on and off the ice. We were able to be a perennial competitor in the league and brought in some highly touted talent like Taylor McDavid back then through free agency. We terrorized the league off the ice with our antics and it was just a fun time in the league. They always had your back whenever someone came at your neck and they were always there to talk to no matter what the conversation. This also lead to a GM gig in the SMJHL with @ByrdeMan where we took over the Impact and met some pretty good individuals there such as @.bojo who was a late pick for us but turned out to be an absolute stud and shoulda went so much earlier than he did.

Other than the Renegades era, I loved my time with the Buffalo Stampede as it was another close knit team that was just a pleasure to play with. In retrospect, i shouldn't have retired from the Stampede and stayed with them as I could have had such an amazing career with 44 Jr. and kept winning cups when i was there. We had a sick core of players and they are still managed by the #1 cuck on the site @WannabeFinn so maybe thats a negative.

Lastly, the Steelhawks that I am currently on have been an amazing team to play with and i've had a great time with them as well. Hallsy finds a way to bring me to his team every time i have a player and he did it again, after the illustrious trade with the Barracuda I have had great success on the ice with the Steelhawks and recently gathered my 2nd cup, bringing me to 4 in my career on the site. Going into the next phase of my career im hoping for more success and friendships along the way.

"408 words)"

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

I have a few favorite memories from this past year since I've joined the site. The first is related to the whole "noobie" experience and all that has to do with that. Learning how the hell to gain TPE and make an update, getting all excited about a pre-draft tournament, being scouted by a variety of SMJHL teams. I remember getting that little pinch of excitement each time I would see a new message waiting in my inbox from another GM wanted to get to know a bit more about me before the draft. I was all in. This same experience carried over after that first SMJHL off-season when the SHL scouting began for the big league draft. The next group of memories that I have are related to the first few days in each of my locker rooms, with the Scarecrows in the SMJHL and the Renegades in the SHL. Both locker rooms provided such a welcome atmosphere. I knew nobody in there when I first arrived, but it didn't take long to become part of the team and a fixture in the locker room. It's hard to believe that I stumbled on an ad for this sim league on reddit nearly an entire year ago by now, and I'm glad I found it.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

05-12-2020, 04:30 PMartermis Wrote: Also this is gonna be real dumb if I didn't include someone obvious

Of course I did

@Velevra The other great voice of reason on the site, in addition to RED. Couldn't have asked for a better co-commish, as you were fantastic in discussions and bouncing ideas off of. You also have a way of saying things I was thinking but couldn't put into words.

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY

Man, there's so much to write about. I feel like my first season and getting drafted was probably the most exciting. Coming into my first sim league and not knowing what to expect and just being blown away by the great community in the Colorado Lockerroom. The leadership group really did a fantastic job in creating a space where you were welcomed and a place where you wanted to be a part of, so I am very grateful that Colorado picked me up. That first season had a ton of great rookies too and I really felt like that rookie group jelled very well. Coming into the SHL draft was also exhilarating. I went quite late in my SMJHL draft so I figured I probably would be a second or third rounder in the SHL draft. A couple of teams had reached out to me but nothing major, although I did feel like my conversation with from SFP sounded promising. Still, didn't think I would go in the first round. Much less 3rd OA which was real fun for me. Proves you are doing something right. I also really enjoyed going on the finals run with Colorado. That was a ton of fun with so many great guys in the LR.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

My absolute favorite time probably was winning the cup, but something I want to highlight as one of, maybe even my second favorite time, is just starting out in the league.

Coming in from a reddit recruitment drive, I remember feeling both incredibly overwhelmed and excited at the same time. It didn't take long after creating my character to get reach out to by rookie mentors and into the rookie discord. Huge shout out too all the rookie mentors and what they do, they made this place feel extremely welcoming and help so much with a lot of the initial tasks and understanding how this all works. Being in the discord with all the fresh faces was super exciting and I got to meet a bunch of new people, some who were site vets going again on a new player, most brand new faces like myself. Also Pingy who I miss dearly. Anyway, all the excitement culminated with a 1, 2 punch of big events. First was the prospect tourney, which instantly made the magic of the site obvious and created a lot of friendly competition in the rookie locker room. Second was getting drafted, which essentially resulted in a repeat of what it felt like to join, where I was immediately reached out to with a discord link and got to meet a bunch of new people again, all of whom extremely helpful.

The community and camaraderie from day 1 has been super special.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 07:14 PM by JHS.)

My favorite memory from my near 4 real life years of having an account on the site is from my first season of being an SMJHL GM with my first team, the Vancouver Whalers. I went from being hired as a Co to having to do the draft, lines, and everything all by myself, before the season even started. There was a lot of doubt surrounding my team and I going into the season: a new GM with a lot on his plate, taking over a long standing GM duo and who’s head GM went inactive shortly after being hired in his role. There was a lot to struggle with, too. I was only 16 and wasn’t really aware of the right way to act in a position of authority like that. However, when it came down to it, most of my team rallied around me, I hired a very competent Co-GM, and we eventually came together to go on a run down the stretch. We beat our rivals, the Kelowna Knights, and went on to win the Four Star Cup finals and clinch a trophy in my first season as GM. Overcoming the odds like that with an incredibly active and friendly Locker Room isn’t something I will ever forget.

Thank you guys SO MUCH for putting up with my bullshit @Hoovuh @Durden @Allen @Kevin Juice Bieksa @ORIGINSZ and all the old Whalers faithful

Also quick shouts-out to D-Club in the old WKP I love u guys as well

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 07:27 PM by ErM.)

I think I will go with a story I have told a few people that is a pretty good knee slapper. I won’t pretend that I know that much more about the league than I did back then, but since I likely won’t recreate nobody can trick me with these scouting shenanigans in the future.
When I joined the league I was recruited by the man, the myth, the legend @Steelhead77 . It was under his guidance that I ended up on the St. Louis Scarecrows when I was just a young starry eyed sim league hockey dude. Anyways, I had fully intended to get drafted by the Dragons and win a zillion championships under the legend mentioned above.

However, during the scouting process I start getting messages from a guy named @Ace who told me he was interested in drafting me and such. I don’t remember the details but we had conversations and I told him how I planned to go to their team and stay there for my career. All of this was because I thought Ace was the Co-GM or scout of the Calgary Dragons.

Imagine my surprise when the draft rolls around I get drafted by the dude I had been talking to all this time, and then I am on the Edmonton Blizzard? WTFBBQ? As it turns out, I was confused as to what team this guy was a part of and it got me drafted to a different team. Even those Ace wasn’t true to his word and betrayed the Edmonton Blizzard and left for New England I stuck to mine and have been here for like 20 seasons. We were able to let the true brains of the Edmonton Blizzard shine when Ace left and @karlssens led us to many victories. In the end, this is a top memory as it all worked out in the end. Though I do still love Steelhead despite him knocking my team out of the playoffs a bunch.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]