Create Account

I´m not donating
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 02:41 PM by Baelor Swift.)

06-03-2020, 02:20 PMjRuutu Wrote: Would you agree that looting/rioting have been the main points when it comes down to how the events have been presented in media and in social media lately? How can you judge people who have trouble understanding the logic behind it? All I see is an excuse to go crazy and do wild things, I read comments here and more so around the web that pretty clearly support the riots and looting, which only makes my head spin around faster. Right now I can pretend to understand that there are real, deep and complicated issues behind it all, I say pretend because I still don´t understand how you go from looting/rioting to actually changing things that people are rioting/protesting for.
So do you notice how literally everyone is talking about these issues that have been explained to you as the main reasons for the protests?

How much did they talk about them before?

It's something that nobody, really - politicians included - can escape from now. Before, people could easily turn a blind eye to institutional racism. At least for right now, they can't. So it is forcing the issues to be at the top of everyone's mind, to dominate discussions. And with major elections occurring right now and over the next handful of months, you can be sure that it will be a major issue people vote on, when it really was not before.

Whether or not it produces meaningful policy change remains to be seen. But this is probably the closest we've ever gotten to institutional racism being a mainstream topic that is actually taken seriously and not just given a few words of lip service to and then we all move on.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

06-03-2020, 02:35 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:27 PMjRuutu Wrote: Exactly

that doesn't make any sense. Are you saying that BLM is an organization that encourages looting and rioting? if so, why do you think that?

if you're saying the BLM movement is apart from the rioting and looting, why are you taking such a rigid stance against them?

every time you come into this thread to speak, it's always "okay but what about the looting?", as if its an inherently racial issue. This is why people are rightfully calling you a racist. You see a protest with looting and rioting in its midst, and you automatically equate it to the black community. You actually have the audacity to claim that "These riots however have nothing to do with police brutality or racism". Why? You look at the reaction to police brutality and your first thought is "man those darkies sure do love to steal"

Fuck off. You deserve nothing good from any of us. Not respect, not empathy, not the benefit of the doubt. I have a limited amount of love for this world and ill spend it on those who deserve it. Get fucked, fuck off, and promptly kill yourself.
That is how I understand it, BLM is a key player in the whole thing. Either some of their members take part OR at very least the riots/looting is done in their name. Or am I wrong to think that they have something to do with the riots/looting?

All I see is looting and rioting, I don´t hear news about how things are going to change. Perhaps it´s too early, and more chaos needs to happen, but still. Would be nice to hear some comments on what is the short term goal, what needs to happen so the riots/looting stops?

If the reaction to police brutality is looting and rioting, the first reaction in my head is: why? Why you need to steal and destroy your own neighborhood.

That is the right way to live your life, focus on the positives and surround yourself with positivity.

06-03-2020, 02:42 PMjRuutu Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:35 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: that doesn't make any sense. Are you saying that BLM is an organization that encourages looting and rioting? if so, why do you think that?

if you're saying the BLM movement is apart from the rioting and looting, why are you taking such a rigid stance against them?

every time you come into this thread to speak, it's always "okay but what about the looting?", as if its an inherently racial issue. This is why people are rightfully calling you a racist. You see a protest with looting and rioting in its midst, and you automatically equate it to the black community. You actually have the audacity to claim that "These riots however have nothing to do with police brutality or racism". Why? You look at the reaction to police brutality and your first thought is "man those darkies sure do love to steal"

Fuck off. You deserve nothing good from any of us. Not respect, not empathy, not the benefit of the doubt. I have a limited amount of love for this world and ill spend it on those who deserve it. Get fucked, fuck off, and promptly kill yourself.
That is how I understand it, BLM is a key player in the whole thing. Either some of their members take part OR at very least the riots/looting is done in their name. Or am I wrong to think that they have something to do with the riots/looting?

All I see is looting and rioting, I don´t hear news about how things are going to change. Perhaps it´s too early, and more chaos needs to happen, but still. Would be nice to hear some comments on what is the short term goal, what needs to happen so the riots/looting stops?

If the reaction to police brutality is looting and rioting, the first reaction in my head is: why? Why you need to steal and destroy your own neighborhood.

That is the right way to live your life, focus on the positives and surround yourself with positivity.

[Image: EZM1gNoVAAEOKdd?format=jpg&name=large]

04-18-2020, 01:58 PMnour Wrote: we received 2 complaints from Site Member @caltroit_red_flames about his site rep being brigaded

06-03-2020, 02:39 PMBaelor Swift Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:20 PMjRuutu Wrote: Would you agree that looting/rioting have been the main points when it comes down to how the events have been presented in media and in social media lately? How can you judge people who have trouble understanding the logic behind it? All I see is an excuse to go crazy and do wild things, I read comments here and more so around the web that pretty clearly support the riots and looting, which only makes my head spin around faster. Right now I can pretend to understand that there are real, deep and complicated issues behind it all, I say pretend because I still don´t understand how you go from looting/rioting to actually changing things that people are rioting/protesting for.
So do you notice how literally everyone is talking about these issues that have been explained to you as the main reasons for the protests?

How much did they talk about them before?

It's something that nobody, really - politicians included - can escape from now. Before, people could easily turn a blind eye to institutional racism. At least for right now, they can't. So it is forcing the issues to be at the top of everyone's mind, to dominate discussions. And with major elections occurring right now and over the next handful of months, you can be sure that it will be a major issue people vote on, when it really was not before.

Whether or not it produces meaningful policy change remains to be seen. But this is probably the closest we've ever gotten to institutional racism being a mainstream topic that is actually taken seriously and not just given a few words of lip service to and then we all move on.
I do and I have no idea, fairly surely they were not talked that much before. Or certainly not talked nearly as much as now.

I hope things change and the riots/protests bring the much needed change. Hopefully in the future there are better or less violent ways for people to get heard.

06-03-2020, 02:38 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:36 PMCarlz Wrote: Agreed, it does feel barbaric watching countless videos of police physically assaulting peaceful protestors.

Wow!! U r starting to get it bud!

Almost like it's been decades of effort with no change made.

Proud of you Carl, we're together on this one
Shut up cal you're going to change his mind

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

My post about "one of us" was supposed to be seen as a funny joke and something to laugh about in times like this. I've realized it didn't come across that way at all and I apologise.

First, I didn't know the SHL was raising money itself. I never saw that thread and didn't realize the organizations that were being raised money for. That's on me, and I apologise. I believe in raising money for Black Lives Matter, for organizations that want to end racial inequality and the want to end police brutality, even if I'm not in a financial position to actually donate due to Coronavirus.

If I knew of that, I wouldn't have posted what I posted. Sorry for my post coming off the wrong way, it was not my intent for it and my lack of awareness of the donations was my bad as well. While I don't believe in the riots, I believe in solving racial inequality and police brutality, and donating to organizations that are dedicated to solving it.

@Samee @JSS @GeckoeyGecko

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

06-03-2020, 02:42 PMjRuutu Wrote: That is the right way to live your life, focus on the positives and surround yourself with positivity.
That is about as privileged a take as it gets.

People are being arrested, assaulted, and killed, but what about the positives?

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

06-03-2020, 02:46 PMCarlz Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:42 PMjRuutu Wrote: That is how I understand it, BLM is a key player in the whole thing. Either some of their members take part OR at very least the riots/looting is done in their name. Or am I wrong to think that they have something to do with the riots/looting?

[Image: EZM1gNoVAAEOKdd?format=jpg&name=large]
Dear sir or lady, if you see this message. Can you look if Carlz and his cage are locked properly, it appears that he managed to climp out of the cage moment ago.

06-03-2020, 02:42 PMjRuutu Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:35 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: that doesn't make any sense. Are you saying that BLM is an organization that encourages looting and rioting? if so, why do you think that?

ah yes George Floyd should've just focused on the positives! you solved racism

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

06-03-2020, 02:47 PMjcfbey01 Wrote: My post about "one of us" was supposed to be seen as a funny joke and something to laugh about in times like this. I've realized it didn't come across that way at all and I apologise.

First, I didn't know the SHL was raising money itself. I never saw that thread and didn't realize the organizations that were being raised money for. That's on me, and I apologise. I believe in raising money for Black Lives Matter, for organizations that want to end racial inequality and the want to end police brutality, even if I'm not in a financial position to actually donate due to Coronavirus.

If I knew of that, I wouldn't have posted what I posted. Sorry for my post coming off the wrong way, it was not my intent for it and my lack of awareness of the donations was my bad as well. While I don't believe in the riots, I believe in solving racial inequality and police brutality, and donating to organizations that are dedicated to solving it.

you are hereby cancelled. *waves scepter*

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-03-2020, 02:48 PMGooney Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:42 PMjRuutu Wrote: That is how I understand it, BLM is a key player in the whole thing. Either some of their members take part OR at very least the riots/looting is done in their name. Or am I wrong to think that they have something to do with the riots/looting?

ah yes George Floyd should've just focused on the positives! you solved racism
More of a comment for PremierBromanov and the last line, but whatevs
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 02:50 PM by jcfbey01.)

06-03-2020, 02:48 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:47 PMjcfbey01 Wrote: My post about "one of us" was supposed to be seen as a funny joke and something to laugh about in times like this. I've realized it didn't come across that way at all and I apologise.

you are hereby cancelled. *waves scepter*
At least you didn't tell me to kill myself. I got off easy apparently!

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

06-03-2020, 02:50 PMjcfbey01 Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:48 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: you are hereby cancelled. *waves scepter*
At least you didn't tell me to kill myself. I got off easy apparently!

You get what you deserve, my love

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-03-2020, 02:46 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote:
06-03-2020, 02:38 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Proud of you Carl, we're together on this one
Shut up cal you're going to change his mind

F

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

How dense do you have to be to think that the looters are doing it in the name of the protests

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]