Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

S52 Challenge cup finals, game 6.

"The score is 5-4 for Manhattan with the last 45 seconds to go, Partridge will get called from the net and San Francisco is desperately trying to make the last push towards the game 7, to deny Manhattan this victory and to get a chance themselves. There is a faceoff win for Thomason in Manhattan's third, but he gets ran over by Czerkawski, loose puck, fought over by Thomason and Czerkawski, eventually won by Thomason and passed to McCarthy, he finally moves it out of their own zone and into the neutral but doesn't have a clear shot, drops the puck to Winters, Winters with speed, enters the offensive zone, but he is stopped by Shieck, loose puck again, Winters and Shieck fight over it, Winters passes it over to Thomason, HE GET'S A SHOT OFF, HE SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! BROGEN ISN'T QUICK ENOUGH TO STOP THE EMPTY NETTER, 6-4 MANHATTAN WITH 15 TO GO, IT IS HAPPENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! YOUR S52 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPIONS ARE THE MANHATTAN RAGE!"

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Colorado Raptors versus Kelowna Knights s53

Overtime : long and similar play by both teams and only luck will show which team will bring home two points and victory. This is one of the most importtant games for both teams because winner will clinch their place in playoff

Third minute of overtime.

Simothy Drunkebird wins faceoof and puck is owned by Raptors forward Carlos Brown

Carlos pass back to defender Aumy jr

Aumy Jr is quick and with the puck he is running away

He passes to sven Svenson who gives puck to Anrijs Asts

Anrijs Asts with great tehniqe and invidual skill drops Knights defender

He skates over two defenders, quick move to left, back to right.....

HE SHOOTS...

AND HE SCORES...

Colorado Raptors take victory and bring home two points. Unbelievable shot and skill ofensively from defender who focus on defense. Great handling and 4-3 Raptors win in overtime. This will be something what new player will remember his whole carrier. amazing !!!

163 words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: QqjQFxx.png]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Here comes Michael Scarn on the power play opportunity for Buffalo, the special agent out of Scranton, Pennsylvania, where he led all salesmen in paper sales in the entire north east metropolitan area. The forward skates up the ice, and he dumps it off to Monkey D. Luffy who switches it over to Cassius Darrow. Darrow waits at the blue line, and recycles it over to Scoop. Scoop waits, and slides it back to Darrow who fires a shot! The goalie parries it away and it's into the corner where Luffy can collect. Luffy snaps it back to Darrow who sets up Scoop for a shot, wide of the net, but it's collected by Kholin who gets it out of the corner back to Luffy. Luffy looks for options and shuffles it back to Kholin, who sends it quickly to Scoop. The power play now only has 15 seconds remaining, and Scoop fires it in at goal, where Scarn is waiting and tips it in for a goal.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: NYE1kgj.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

“The Wolfpack has tried and tried all night but Del Vecchio wants none of it and holds out for his first career shutout with 45 saves. Part man, part machine, the rookie goalie looked like an all-star and his star is shining brightest in West Kendall tonight” – Dan Berry

This was a special moment for me because it was my first career shutout as a rookie goalie. But more importantly, I saved shot after shot in what felt like an interminable barrage headed my way. There wasn’t a highlight reel save off the tip of my glove or stick but an accumulation of good saves that left the Wolfpack frustrated as they threw everything at me, including the kitchen sink. It was from that game onwards that teams took serious note of the Platoon for the rest of the season as we showed that our glaring weakness was in fact well covered. Listening to Dan Berry say these words whilst rewatching the highlights of the game still brings chills and excitement down my spine.

(174 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

"With the 23rd overall selection of the S50 SHL entry draft, the West Kendall Platoon are thrilled to select, from the Halifax Raiders ... Karl Krashwagen! Welcome to West Kendall"

Play by Play

Sam - Well Jack, this is an interesting pickup here. We know that West Kendall was scouting Halifax pretty heavily, and I guess we know who they were looking at.

Jack - Well looking at the Raiders prospects heading in, it's not really much of a stretch to put together who they were looking at, with Barron being a top rank, and going at first overall, and Suzuki is still kicking, but will be drafted late if at all - I don't think it's too much of a stretch with this guy being the target of their scouts for the last few months.

Sam - That's a great point. It does look a bit confusing in the big picture of things though, Karl is ranked by most scouts as a late 2nd round pick, and CSS puts him at 33. West Kendall also have the 28th overall pick coming up, and there are some pretty good producers still on the board. Do you think that they may have gotten a feeling other teams were sniffing around him?

Jack - I'm not sure honestly. I think he absolutely would have been there at 28 if they wanted him. I think this is a reach, and they are missing out on a good player in these next few picks. Look at his stat line, 4 points. 4! That has to be the lowest of any player taken so far and might even be lowest of the entire draft. His hits were pretty good - 92, he was among the rookie lead in this category, but are you telling me that you're drafting a grinder type player this high? In this league? I think they may have gotten fooled by some of the teams at 24-27 because I don't see how this player ends up as best available at this stage.

Sam - I guess maybe their scouts saw something they likes that was missed over by CSS? Anyway, Krashwagen is off to WKP, we wish you the best luck over there. Looks like the next pick is in...

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: BleakWelltodoFlatcoatretriever-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

"Deep into the 2nd period now in the semi final of Team GB vs Ireland. The score is tied and we are not far from finishing this period with roughly 2 minutes on the clock remaining. Currently Jimmy Slothface has the puck and is skating down the playing field. The irish defence look a little lost right about now. They managed to force him to go wide though but he freezes the pla--wait no he passes the puck to Jon Forty-One.

He shoots. Scoooores! At 1:53 on the clock he manages to get the goal that puts them into the lead and looking for that match against the Swedes in the gold medal match! This is his only second goal of the tournament after missing the start of the tournament due to line-ups. But what a time to come alive. Just when they needed him! He barely celebrates like he always rarely does but a solid fist bump with team mates indicates that meant a decent amount to him! Now can they hold on."

We did. T'was the GWG.

[184 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 05:18 PM by Toast.)

"It's do or die for Newfoundland as they are tied up right now with the St. Louis Scarecrows 2-2 in Game 6 of the S53 Four Star Cup first round.

Newfoundland finds themselves on their end of the ice, trying to fight back after a huge glove save from Cale.

Forrester wins the draw and the Berserkers are off down the ice with the roar of the crowd behind them. Souppan passes up the ice and Newfoundland has control with Forrester leading the way. The Scarecrows defense is scrambling and can't seem to keep up with the rush...

Forrester drops the puck back for Steve Harrington to retrieve. Harrington goes to the side of the net but doesn't see an opening... he freezes and loses the trailing defender. He zips a pass to Souppan on the blue line...

Souppan lines up the shot... but Klompus taps his stick on the ice seeing a lane...

Souppan to Klompus... THE ONE-TIMER...

IT'S OVER DOYLE'S SHOULDER AND IN! KLOMPUS' SECOND OF THE GAME GIVES NEWFOUNDLAND MOMENTUM AND KEEPS THEIR HOPES ALIVE!"

Klompus looks back on this memory fondly because it was his best game with the Berserkers so far and each player wants nothing more than to be a big part of a success on the team, especially in the post-season.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

12th game of S54 SMJHL for Raptors: versus Armada at Anchorage arena. Aumy Jr's first goal in his senior year in SMJHL.

''It's been pretty dominant first period from Anchorage Armada shots wise. They have doubled amount of shots what Raptors had, but now it's new period and new story. Shots are almost even now. Raptors down by one - 0:1 at the end of second period.''

''Faceoff at Aramada's side of ice. Second line on the ice for both teams. Only 40 seconds left in this period.''

''Sven Svenson wins faceoff against Stan Hanson. Passes to Aumy Jr. at blue line. He shoots and...''

''He misses. Rebound by Sven Svenson. He passes to Jean-Uthred Ragnarsson-Tremblay who instantly passes back to Svenson.''

''Svenson have amazing chance to shoot. He fakes shot once and...''

''He passes back to Aumy Jr. at blue line again. He has been quiet and haven't scored since last season. Will he shoot now?''

''He shoots and...''

''HE SCORES!'' Goal Goal Goal 

''1:1 - GAME IS TIED AND RAPTORS ARE BACK IN THE GAME! Assists by Svenson and Ragnarsson-Tremblay. Svenson and Aumy Jr. are great friends and Svenson definitely helped young defender with this great assist to open his goal bag this season.''

''Hard work in off-season have finally paid off. All these hours invested to make his shot unstoppable and finally - he gets his first puck of the season.''

''I can already say how happy about his performance he is right now. He looked exhausted last games and this goal will definitely help him to play much better next games and gain more confidence.''

Important to say that this was first goal of the season for Aumy Jr. and it helped to get two points and a victory for Raptors. They won 2:1 this game - late in 3rd period taking victory to Colorado.

[305 words]

Raptors Raptors Raptors

Stars Stars Stars

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

The dimmed lights helped cool the ice for the pregame show before the first time Alexei Rykov and Joseph Weston took the ice in a regular season for the Calgary Dragons. As the announcer came on, the house was silent, but not for long.

"And now, taking the ice here in Calgary for the first time in their careers, the season 50 draftees for the Calgary Dragons, the dynamic duo hailing from the Carolina Kraken Juniors team! We've long awaited their arrival, coming out first and picked at 12th OA, the brilliant and historic goal scorer playing on the legendary third line, the Russian powerhouse, Alexeeeeiiiiiii....RYKOOOOOOOOOOOOV!! Coming out next, a surprise trade pick at 11th OA for the Calgary Dragons, the play maker helping it happen, a winger bringing out the offense on the fourth line, JOSEEEEEEPPHHHH WESSSTOOOOOOOON!!!!"

After four long and meaningful seasons in the Juniors there was no way to predict how Weston's time in Calgary would go. But that call put all those worries at ease.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

"And would you look at that, folks. It looks like Linna and Landvik are gonna drop the gloves! They're circling. You can see their lips moving, so they're definitely talking about it. And yep, there she goes! Landvik's gloves are off. And her first punch is a good one. It looks like Linna's not even gonna fight back. All of their teammates look shocked. Even the refs don't seem to know what to do with this fight. These two played together in Juniors, so they've definitely got some history. And while it's not exactly a shocker to see Landvik in a fight, this isn't Linna's usual MO. Looks like the refs are finally gonna wade in there and break it up. Can't even pretend to call that one a draw. Landvik one that one, hands down."

One of my favorite moments was when my first player fought Jenny's first player, just because what are the odds, especially considering Linna rarely fought at all. Simon T always knew how to fuck with even the best laid plans. They actually fought each other twice in their careers, but we pretend the second one didn't happen.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

[Image: JPB-goal-Van.gif]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Season home opener for the Anchorage Armada. Players are getting introduced. Specialized music for each player. Anchorage likes to do walkout songs we got it like that. 
Cue Bork Lazers walkout song
The announcers begins:
Ladies and Gentlemen, your left defensivemen. All the way from Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is your reigning, defending, undisputed CHAD of the wooooooooooooooooooooooorld. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK LLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAZERRRRRRRRRRRR.
Radio Announcer begins:
Now Jim, here's a guy who really knows how to put the hurting on an opposing team. Bork Lazer is not one to shy away from contact hell he lives for it.
You're right Bob, Bork Lazer, coming in on his second season definitely will look more polished in the ice. I expect big things from the Beast this season expect more hits, more takeaways and less giveaways.
Yeah Jim, they say Bork worked all off-season crafting his game. Some day he literally went to ice rinks and practiced chasing down and checking regular people just trying to ice skate. That's dedication right there.

[Image: lazer2.png]