Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

Good evening this is John Jaspers from high above the ice here is Baltimore. The building is electric tonight for the home opener of the inaugural season for the Baltimore Platoon. The legendary Platoon recently moved from West Kendall, Florida in a semi rebranding. Let's join in for PA announcer Kevin Gerard's announcement of the Platoon.

...AND FINALLY THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR BALTIMORE PLATOON, NAT EMERSON.

NAT NAT NAT NAT

I honestly can barely remember the night. I'm glad it was recorded. The arena was one of the loudest places I have ever been. The ice seemed like it going to shatter from all the sound.

I have worked hard my whole career to put my teams before me and being made captain was a gigantic honor. Hearing all those fans on opening night, cheering for me, was truly the greatest personal moment of my career. To be able to share that moment with my teammates, fans, and my family was utterly amazing.

(166)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

The past season was not a very kind one to Jack Kanoff. He struggled to maintain consistency all playoffs and it truly showed as there were games when he would be vital on the attack while making big plays defensively, only to be nowhere to be found in the next game. Almost all hope was lost as he entered the finals against Kelowna looking sluggish as ever. Game 1, 4-2 Detroit. Jack was not exactly the most effective player offensively despite his unique playstyle as he earned a 62 OGR and a stunning 84 DGR. Game 2, 4-3 Kelowna. Once again Jack put up 0s across the board with a couple of shots on goal after playing 24 minutes. Game 3, 4-3 Kelowna. Jack scored 1 goal in a subpar game ratings-wise as he had a 64 GR. However it would be in Game 4 where Jack would truly step into his all star form and show the league what he had up his sleeve. In his 4th game Jack absolutely tore Kelowna  a new one as he had a blocked shot, a goal and 3 assists in his 24 minutes played. He had a high GR too with 75 all around, with his OGR being 86 and DGR being 66. Jack would show up on one of the game's biggest stages right as he was needed the most, showing his clutch genes and it would set the trend for the rest of the series as Detroit strolled their way to the 4-Star Cup in 6 games against Kelowna.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Good Evening,

This is Jeff Hackett from Hockey Night in Vancouver. What a game we have today as the Whalers faced Armade in the S52 SMJHL season. The Whalers were completely on momentum right off the bat and the man we need to give credit to is none other than Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. Just hearing his name will give a chill to your spine as he is the heir of Mr Big Zlatan himself. But his performance today speaks for itself. Zlatan Jr was able to get into action right away as he assisted on the first goal of the game so that his teammate Marcus Ohlsson will be able to net it in. But he did not stop there. He continues to be a pivotal role for the whalers as he was able to participate in the second goal, which was scored by Sabo Tage. Not only is Zlatan Jr., a phenom in defense but he is also a playmaking defenseman that is able to move past opponents with his agility. The momentum will carry on as zlatan Ibra jr., himself goes onto score a goal. All of this within the first two periods. The Whalers crush Anchorage Armada in a 6-2 victory and Zlatan Jr was able to claim the 2nd star of the match. He also led the team in hits given at 4. What a beauty it must be for whalers to have such a talent like Jr., That is all folks. Until next time, Jeff Hackett Out.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

"As St. Louis trails Anaheim in these final moments of the Game 5 finals on their home ice, Captain Aron Hernadivic, who will see this loss as the finale of his storied junior career, comes back out as they announce he was named first star of the game, with two goals to try and keep St. Louis alive in these 4 Star Cup Finals. Fish has given his all to this organization, even setting the assist record for this era of the league back when he was a sophomore. Fish has done countless positive work for the city and the organization, and will be sorely missed. Let's turn it over the crowd as they give Fish his final send-off in a Scarecrows jersey"

*60 second standing ovation ensues*

Fish speaks to the crowd, thanking them for their support this past season, apologizing for not being able to achieve the goal they set out to accomplish, and hoping St. Louis continues to support this team as they have an even better shot at the Cup next season (178 words).

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

... we are in the third period of the game between the New Orleans Specters and the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The score is tied, with both teams having scored two goals so far. Who will step up and try to decide this game here late?

New Orleans wins the face off and has the puck. Will they be able to get something going here? Jimmy Slothface holds the puck on the right wing and makes a move to get around a defender. He is heading towards the goal and you can see him try to make a decision. He could shoot here and give New Orleans a decisive lead, or he can make a pass to another forward. As he heads to the goal, he fakes a shot and then moves the puck over to the waiting teammate, Thomas Vanice is there and he immediately shoots and....

SCOOOOOOOOORESSSSSSS

New Orleans take the three to two lead and will go on to win this game. What a goal by the duo of Slothface and Vanice. Great move by them both and they fooled the goalie completely.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 12:43 PM by Jenny.)

We're here in the third period of Game Four in the S32 SMJHL finals and the Four Star Cup is IN THE BUILDING. The Kelowna Knights lead the series 3-0 as they look for that back-to-back 'ship. Knights goaltender Thompson has just made a save to keep the game at 3-2 Knights.

Ryan ejected from the face off. Rossi steps in, wins it for the Falcons, back to Atmey. Gives it right back. Setting up, Lahti, over to Ryan. To Atmey down the left wing, man on him, fires--AND HE SCORES! The Falcons aren't out yet! They've tied it all up in the third! 3-3!

Some drama over by the Knights bench as Coach zzRaven's Robot Bill Nye throws her clipboard to the ground and screams something at her players. It seems--yes, we're hearing that Thompson ate one of the cookies Falcons Coach @ztevans has been trying to tempt the Knights players with. Coach zzRaven's Robot Snoop Lion @ej27 thinks fast--she's picked up the clipboard, SET IT ON FIRE, and is... toasting a waffle? And she sends it over to Thompson with Samee Iqbal. Hopefully that makes the difference. 13 minutes left to go in the third and Iqbal lines up for the fa--the fire from the clipboard has NOT been put out, the Knights bench is TORCHED. Now that's a coaching tactic! They'll be standing for the rest of the game. Buckle in, hockey fans, this is gonna be a hot one.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

this one is a flash-forward to the S54 cup finals Wink

"It's late in the game here in Game 5 of the S54 Challenge Cup Finals... Wolfpack hold a 3-1 lead over the Edmonton Blizzard in the series and they're hoping to close it out in front of the hometown fans tonight... still tied 3-3 with 2 minutes to go in the third... kirkby holding the puck near the blue line for the wolfpack... snaps it over to morgan... perry morgan holding... Perru ginally filflcucking good for somethin... sends it over to clapper... back to morgan... back to kirkby... rex sends it on for wagstrom but it's intercepted by the blizzard... scholz able to snake it through to a streaking julio tokolosh... THE COW IS ON A BREAKAWAY... racing towards the net... OUT OF NOWHERE HERE COMES OTTER WHO DIVES BRAVELY IN FRONT OF THE STREAKING COW AND KNOCKS THE PUCK LOOSE!!! OTTERS ARE BETTER AND CUTER AND MORE CLUTCH THAN COWS AND THIS RIGHT HERE PROVES IT ONCE AND FOR ALL!" @Julio Tokolosh

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Julio Tokolosh has never been a major fantasy choice, so this season's uptick has been good for morale. Well, it was good for morale until people in my own fantasy group picked me up before the 4th round where I was projected.
In a tight race for the point-scoring title with Martjin Westbroek, Julio wanted to score; but in another tight race with cptrella for 10 fantasy TPE, Julio didn't want to score too much.
The following is an excerpt from an anonymous gaming play-by-play broadcaster of today's game (linked here, time stamped for your ease: https://youtu.be/FBTqOWMtN9k?t=4108 ).

"
Tampa Bay skates it into the offensive zone, engaged at the point by Julio Tokolosh, who has 2 goals and 2 assists halfway through the second period.
He lunges for a poke check, but because he reallotted all of his stick checking into scoring this off season, he whiffs and loses his balance.
James Truong steps up and knocks the puck loose!
Tokolosh already has his toes on the red line and Truong snaps a pass to him... Tokolosh is in on a breakaway!
He's got a one on one with Johannes Leitner, moves the puck to his backhand...
But what's he doing? Julio pulls out and does a Gretzky spin, looking to set up a teammate... He sees Truong, who has joined the play remarkably quickly.
Julio sauces one across, drawing the defense to Truong, who looks at the net but then feeds it back in front of the open net!...
But Julio skates towards the top of the zone, not interested in scoring. What does he know that we don't?
Julio looks to lob one behind the net, why wouldn't he just bang it around the boards?
Ender Zavala makes a play on the puck in the air...
He's deflected it in! Julio has scored a hat trick with the assistance of Tampa's inexperienced defense!
What's this? He's down on the ice, is he injured?
His teammates pick him up and skate him to the bench.
A potentially scary moment for the league.
It looks like he's reaching for the coach's iPad, Pierre, can you get a look at whats going on down there? oh! now he's broken it!
"

"
Yea, i was able to get a look down here. Tokolosh refreshed the browser tab with his fantasy group and he's just scored his way out of 10 TPE. I'd expect him to only make secondary passes, lay no hits, and flamingo on shot block attempts for at least the next week or so.
Troubling stuff
"

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Hugh Jazz vs the Tampa Bay Barracudas in S54:

"The Steelhawks are making a mockery of this game as of right now. Tampa doesn't look like they belong in the SHL at the moment. Wilson passes the puck to Lagerfield. Lagerfeild back to wilson. Wilson shoots. Saved by Tampa's Goalie. Jazz gets the rebound and he shoots and he scores!!!. Jazz made it look easy and didn't look like he was trying. The score is 9-0. I don't think Tampa really stood a chance today. Hamilton are the defending champs. Tampa are in a rebuild the talent difference is obvious. Jazz with the hat trick in this dominating game. This is his first hat trick in he FHM era and he is looking a lot better than he did last season where Jazz only got 20 points. He already has 10 points in 15 games. He looks like a potential breakout player of the year nominee. Will be interesting to see how he performs.

The last 5 are uneventful and the buzzer sounds on the fourth period of this game. Both goalies were perfect as USA had 13 shots and Germany had 6. We are heading into DOUBLE OT. What a time to be alive.

Both teams are dead tired here as we are starting the double overtime period. No one is more tired than the goalies who have done all they can so far to give their team the gold. Blue has saved 44 of 45 shots tonight, Cain has saved 46 of 47. These teams are so evenly matched that it is anyone’s guess as to who will win it all here tonight.

Boomhover wins the faceoff and Selich rushes in to take the puck.

Selich moves in and shoots low…

Cain smothers it with the pads and holds on. A quick shot just seconds into the period. The Germans are hoping to end it quick and catch USA as they settle in.

A minute in and it’s Germany’s game. They have had all the possession as Sharp has the puck. He sees McZehrl skating in and sends a crisp pass to his tape. ONE TIMER.

GLOVE SAVE BY CAIN. Huge stop as he tries to hold on the onslaught of offense from Germany.

USA now has the puck. Cuddles skates in against the defense. Cuts to the outside and makes a nice move.. Powers to the net!

SHOOTS IT WIDE ON THE BACKHAND. OH BOY THAT WAS CLOSE.

3 minutes in. Carter has the puck behind the American net as both teams change. Serpe skates back into the zone and takes the puck from Carter. He speeds up ice, entering Germany’s zone.

He sends it around the boards and it’s picked up by Pedersen Jr. He passes to Carter at the blue line. Carter moves it to Kurczewski. Kurczewski skates down the right boards, no pressure from the Germans right now. He sauces it through the middle…

TO FIND PEDERSEN JR IN THE SLOT

PING

Goal Goal Goal

IT'S IN! THE USA HAS WON THE GOLD MEDAL. THE CROWD ERUPTS AND THE BENCH RUSHES CAIN

Goal Goal Goal

3. USA , Nicky Pedersen Jr. 1 (Joe Kurczewski 1, Cameron Carter II 2) at 3:34

-----------------------------------------------

This is one of the best games of my SHL and IIHF career, and I will always remember it. I stole a game I had no business stealing, going up against some of the biggest names in the SHL and a personal rival in Blue. Winning with some of my best buds on the site @JKortesi81 @Nictox @"cpetrella" @Scrufdaddy @FuzzSHL was an amazing experience and after being fucked by Simon for so long, this time we were doing the fucking

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

"We're here at the Spectrum Centre for this early-season clash between the Carolina Kraken and the Vancouver Whalers, where Carolina has just taken a commanding 4-0 lead on a power-play goal by Kenny Creller, White Goodman is coming into the game now as Joe Simpson's night is done after giving up four goals on eleven shots. The puck is dropped and it's won back to Erik Johansson, but he's bumped off the puck by William Hartmann, who was in the box for the last goal, and it's taken by Jacob Rizzo up the wing. Rizzo shoots, Johansson recovered to get in front of that but it's held in at the line by Sabo Tage. Tage winds and fires, didn't hit the net but it's off the end boards and bounces out to Ibrahimovic pinching in from the point, he fires, blocked by Michael Lee and it rebounds back out to Tage. Tage shoots again, blocked by Johansson again but it rebounds onto the stick of William Hartmann. Hartmann walks in, shoots, he scores! William Hartmann with his first SMJHL goal, and the Whalers are on the board!"

"It was a bit of a broken play here, but give a ton of credit here to Sabo Tage. He read the play perfectly to keep the puck in the zone after Rizzo's attempt was blocked, and then the bounce play to Ibrahimovic. It might have been intentionally wide, who knows, but after a couple of blocked shots, a bounce finally goes Vancouver's way and Hartmann is right there to get the puck and put it home."

This was a pretty big goal for me because it really helped me get settled into an offensive role. In the few games before this, I'd been mostly just throwing hits and playing a grinding role, but this goal was big in showing off my goal-scoring skills.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 04:23 PM by SAwful.)

The Scene:
Season 53 Playoffs
Anaheim  Outlaws vs Anchorage  Armada
Round 1, Game 2, Period 1, 17:19 reamining

Announcer 1: "Van der Heijden is stripped of the puck by Ziggy Tambo, but as he carries it up it Alexi Petrikov is able to recover the puck."
Announcer 2: "The Veteran just doesn't have his head in the game, he can't be caught coughing up pucks like that."
Announcer 1: "Petrikov sends it deep, recovered by Danny White, who now finds Petrikov up the ice and onside."
Announcer 2: "This could be something! We have Armada defensemen rushing up the ice."
Announcer 1: "Petrikov lets a low one rip to the right of Chamberlain, right onto the stick of Matthew Sawful."
Announcer 2: "The deflection is on net beating Chamberlain! We have a goal!"
Announcer 1: "Matthew Sawful came flying in to get to open ice and sent this thing home to take the lead early."

This play resulted in both my first playoff point and goal in the SMJHL. While we didn't win the series, we did win this game in a 3-0 shutout and I got the game winning goal. Feels Good Man.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

NSFL Affiliate

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

I'm going with Lyle's first SHL goal, it took until the 49th game of his rookie season, but it did come.  It was a games against the Manhattan Rage, the Specters had already clinched a playoff spot but the Rage were still battling to make it to the big dance.  The game was played in New Orleans, and the Specters came out swinging, scoring 2 goals in the opening frame (Lyle actually got an assist on the first goal).  The second period started, and the two teams battled back and forth until around the 13 minute mark, now we will show the play by play from that second period:

Welcome back to the action folks, the game resumes in the Rage end with DeMaricus Smyth losing the draw against Herb Robert.

Roman Augustus plays the body on Robert, but James Dekens get out of the zone and stakes the but into Specters territory, he winds up for a slapshot...

Oisin Fletcher is having none of that, selflessly blocking the shot from Dekens

Dekens somehow ends up with the puck on his stick again and fires it on net, Cain is right there to turn the shot aside, directing the rebound to a waiting Lil Manius.  

Manius makes his way down the ice, weaving between the Rage players, he crosses the blue line, winds up and fires the puck...

It sails wide of the net and careens off the boards.

The puck looks to be exiting the Rage zone, but wait, a sprawling Lyle Odelein III keeps the puck in the offensive zone.  The rookie makes a move past a stick check, he has some space, he fakes a quick shot, and then immediately lets one go...

It's in!  Odelein puts it top shelf!  The Specters take a 3 - 0 lead in this one!

The home crowd is letting this rookie know that the appreciate his effort, the kid is smiling from ear to ear!  This should be the first of many for the rook. 

Captain Fletcher skates over to retrieve the puck and hands it over to the trainers. I have a feeling that it's going to be ending up on Lyle's mantle.

NOLA ended up winning the game with a final score of 5-1.  This game might not be remembered by all, but it sure will be remembered by Lyle, for many years to come.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

[Image: jEPY8qH.png]
Announcer: Well folks it's another heated contest here in Maine between the Timber and their division rivals the Newfoundland Berserkers. There's been a lot of chirping and tempers are flaring up on the ice these past fourty minutes and as we start the third we see some conflict possibly arising here.

Announcer 2: You're right Buttercup, looks Maine Timber Captain Valentin Kalashinkov, or "Big Daddy Kane" as some of the fans have started calling him, is clearly yelling something at Berserker Niccolo Livius.

Announcer: Ohh look at this Livius is Lividius if you ask me, hese incensed! Ohh and looks like the gloves are gonna come off and the youngster may have bitten off more than he can chew with Kalashnikov having quite a few scraps in his time in the SMJHL.

Announcer 2: That's was easily handled by Valentin, leaving Livius to rethink his decisions and dental plan, as he strides off looking right at the rest of the Newfoundland bench particularly gesturing something rather vulgar at Steve Harrington.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber