Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition

I think a lot of other categories should be included. I see this as the SHL version of the NHLPA (do we have an SHLPA?) player poll, so here's what I would take fromthere and bring here.

On-ice
Worst trash-talker?
If we're doing best, might as well be doing worse, especially since the NHL shows it's often the same people with Marchand winning both two years in a row and Doughty coming in second place in both categories in the last poll. The more you trash-talk, the more chances you get of having good and bad lines.

Of all players past or present, who would you pay to play with?
I've changed it a bit from the NHLPA's "who would you pay to see play", because why watch a legendary player when you can share the ice with him?

Off-ice
Which players/users have the best bromance on the site?
There's just so much of it.

Which player is best to follow on social media?
This would be a great way to increase Twitter activity AND see a bit more creative Tweets. We won/we lost/I scored/Good job Tweets are getting boring, at least find a creative way to say it. I'd win, of course (follow me @JeanUthred)

Who isn't on social media but should?
Could also help with Twitter activity. So many funny people on here that could have good Twitter accounts.

Best nickname
I don't think anyone beats NHLPA's winner of Tomas "Tuna" Tatar, but I'm sure we have some good ones around.

Teams and arenas
Which team has the best jersey?
And why is it the Raptors?

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko

Agaisnt: I've been in a locker room with both users in this league and in others and neither have done anything that i would class as comedic or funny. I haven't even seen them attempt to be amusing so i am shocked at to why people think this. Honestly, could people please let me know? Like i don't get it and would like to know. I remember Geck from the GOMHL the most to be honest and i only remember one joke we did that was renaming the team we was on to the Seoul Sole Soul Sole Soles.

The best managed SHL team really should be Edmonton. Yeah, I know this is my team, but I'm not involved in running it in any way shape or form, so I'm not being homer. Don't @ me. Keygan and Sean constantly make underrated draft picks that pay big dividends down the road. Hell, Edmonton at least at one point (and may still) held the record for most wins in the season, and that is in no small part to these GMs figuring out how to manage a star-studded lineup and big user personalities. Some credit here, please folks.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

ok im not the funniest person on the site wts

all i do is say e eat hot e and e

I do think that its less cut and dry as to whos the best GFX guy on the site rn, though. Of course, wasty is really good, but also gotta rep karey whos already been pung many times and @Nokazoa

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Code:
Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

Against: While Buffalo has improved tremendously this season, the Edmonton  Blizzard have established themselves as one of the top teams consistently over the past decade and have a great core of players while still having young talent in their farm system. The  Blizzard should be considered one of the best managed teams in the SHL.

Code:
54 words

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 10:56 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

Code:
Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

Well this one only won because of me so I'll address it. I'd love to have a drink with @Acsolap and he's a great guy who I respect a lot. I still feel bad over completely neglecting him for a drink because I didn't wanna have to explain to my buds why I'm meeting this random dude for a drink. I should've probably come up with some sort of excuse or bullshit but being really sleep deprived I panicked and just decided not to do anything. I deserve all the shit that I get in Anchorage for it and wish that I had acted differently.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 03:11 PM by roastpuff.)

Code:
Best produced media: Smalinowski7

Agree. The data-crunching prowess of this madman is impossible to beat, and the results that he gathers is on-point and relevant to see how teams and players are doing against each other.

Because pictures (and graphs) are worth 1000 words, here is my final argument:

[Image: 3eVxzKl.png]

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

06-11-2020, 03:10 PMroastpuff Wrote:
Code:

Agree. The data-crunching prowess of this madman is impossible to beat, and the results that he gathers is on-point and relevant to see how teams and players are doing against each other.

Because pictures (and graphs) are worth 1000 words, here is my final argument:

[Image: 3eVxzKl.png]

The graph data is compelling.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'm going to argue in favor of @Kalakar being most dedicated user. I know it sucks to ever say someone doesn't deserve the trophy, and thats not what I'm saying about luketd, but the amount of times I saw Kal sacrifice time in his life for the site was insane. Streaming 3 different leagues with almost all games being live is pretty crazy, and I would've liked to have seen him win the littleton and the poll.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Code:
Best trash talker: WannabeFinn

For, but only in the context of the rest of the league. WBF has an elevated trash talk game that manages to trigger half the SHL while not being offensive. Though in the Buffalo locker room, the trash talk direction is literally reversed on him.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

So many fucking Gabe Johnson's in this thread that don't want to have a drink with me.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Code:
Best at graphics: Wasty

I don't think Wasty shouldn't be in the conversation for the best, I just prefer Karey's style of sigs. They are both very distinct, and I will rock this Wasty sig for the rest of my time. Karey just has this neat style that's very crisp with neat ideas that I just adore. I mean his Kholin and Lagerfield sigs are so clean. I also think neither will say they are the best at gfx on the site. That's just how these things go.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy
Disagree
Eh, I don't really know much about Izzy. I think @notorioustig is a good shout. Lovely chap.

Most dedicated SHL sser: luketd
Agree
Yeah this is a pretty good one. He's very dedicated and is involved in many facets.

Disagree
I haven't spent too much time with Ass but he seems cool. I feel like I'd say @dmills3 or something because it would be funny.

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede
Disagree
Nahhh Texas Renes. Best prospect pool in the league @dankoa

Best trash talker: WannabeFinn
Agree
Yeah he knows how to wind people up and it's hilarious.

Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko
Disagree
I think the funniest might be the best trash talker @WannabeFinn. Him and @ml002 both provide lots of banter and I am here for it.

Disagree
While Smal does make some solid graphs, I think @StamkosFan and the SHL The Onion is absolutely hilarious. Always gets a chuckle from me.

Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke
Disagree
Have you heard Andrei's podcast. Now we're talking.

Best at graphics: Wasty
Agree
Obviously. His are so clean and just have a really good vibe. Genuinely everything he does is at least a 9/10 in my eyes.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Quote:Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko

Against, while both are hilarious and great people, but the funniest person is @Gwdjohnson... funniest looking  Laughing just kidding the funniest person is me as seen above in this post. Thank you all I'll be here always

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Code:

Unfortunately  disagree,  Assclap is a great guy but i'm still going with Bonky @Bonk Having a beer (or 20) with him would be a great time and make up for the snubs of the last player poll. Slappy is not invited to this occasion, unless he's paying for the beers.

[Image: lebbish.gif]