Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 07:55 AM by st4rface.)

Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

I wouldn’t agree with that. I think this statement is more personal than other statements, because this is about something to do together with other user, while others are like professionaly. I would most likely to drink with Sven Svenson, also known as @LordBirdman . I think he is more grown and we would have much better conversation about life and real things, not just some drunk conversation about nothing. That’s only my personal and subjective opinion.

I think that even in a conversation where you sip a drink, you need to talk with someone more clever and inteligent than just an alcoholic. I know that @LordBirdman is really nice dude, friendly and he have experienced a lot in his life. I think we would have an amazing conversation and he would maybe even give me some advice or help me a little bit mentally. More true conversation with some meaning, not just alcoholic talks.

Of course, it’s based on what you want this conversation to go. It’s my personal opinion and I think we would have truly amazing conversation with a cup of beer or bottle of whiskey & ice.

Stars Stars Stars

Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke, FOR as I don't exactly feel like I agree with most of the others but don't want to bash them because they all have their merits and these are just random peoples opinions. So when I stopped doing podcasts for other than money I also stopped mostly listening what others are doing, yet few times I have taken time to listen to R&L I really have liked it and hope to figure good moments to do so in future.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Code:
Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede
I think this is a fair choice. It seems like every season they're cup contenders and have a top 5 draft pick. They stumbled in the first season of FHM but are easily the cup favourites this season, and likely the next few seasons.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Did you just called Luketd an ss-er?

Quote:Most dedicated SHL sser: luketd

I think that's kinda harsh though, I think there's a few people that qualify better to that description on the site.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I would argue in favor Mike Izzy being the best user and most liked. He's been going at it for long time, Hes just likable person and in general good guy

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Best trash talker: WannabeFinn

I have not been in the league long but I have also had the pleasure of seeing WBF doing his trash talking in other leagues and dare I say it is good. It is provocative enough to get people riled up, but never too personal or crossing any lines. So perfect trash talk that will leave others angry at him.

[Image: MrEjaPX.png]

[Image: M6lTFl2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 07:10 AM by Citizen of Adraa.)

I think currently the best podcast is being challenged by the @sve7en and the boys talkshow, it is very enjoyable to watch, because they are actually friends there is no chemistry issues and they are often happy to fact check and prepare their material ahead of time so I think it has been a very good addition to the podcast area.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Honestly when it comes to funniest user it should have never been a tie. I just dont see the hilarity appeal people see with gecko. I guess sif your part of the teenage crowd he slays? But boko has been and always will be one of the best choices. He has not only some real good dark joke zingers jow and again but also is just passively punny without trying. The award shouldn't have to be shared by out now less active joke king bojo.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Code:
Best produced media: Smalinowski7

I haven't seen so much effort go into regular pieces over my time in the SHL. I love the graphs that are involved in the SJHN articles and they are very easy to read. While Juke is a big part of this, I think the entire SJHN team needs a pat on the back for the content they are bringing to the media section.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

06-11-2020, 10:29 PMgurbs Wrote: Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

My argument against is the Toronto North Stars. I know before you laugh, ever since ML had taken over the team, the rebuild is going strong and a couple more season till success

agree.
whilst most people would go against toronto being the most well-managed team in the league, ml is great at rebuilding and it's safe to say that he's been drafting exceptionally well over the past 6 or 7 seasons. he's built the stars from a team with barely no assets at the time of taking over, losing two of his better players via the expansion draft and free agency, to a team on the verge of a potential dynasty if everything goes right

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I absolutely agree that @"Smalinowski7" produces the beset media. Not only is he a part of the SHN/SJHN which produces solid stuff, but he does really advanced R scraping that outputs exceptional visuals and graphs. His media is a huge part of people's ability to immerse themselves in the league, and it makes the league feel more like real hockey when we can get outstanding media such as his.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Who can argue against Mike Izzy winning the favorite SHL user award?  By definition, the guy who gets the most votes for favorite is the favorite, right?  Makes sense to me.

FOR: Best trash talker: WannabeFinn

I believe the defining trait of a good trash talker is how polarizing the person can be according to others. WBF fits this to a tee. Any thread he posts in there's a divide with users who hate and love him.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Most dedicated SHL sser: luketd

I would have done the other ones but the options would have all been against since they are literal garbage answers. So let us do a more positive answer and say that Luke is by far the most dedicated user in SHL to this league and is doing a bloody good job. I hope it continues and he does not get burned out dealing with this league <3

[73 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Most dedicated SHL sser: luketd

Against. Luke is incredibly hard working and wants what is best for the site, that much is undeniable. This needs to go towards Kalakar, especially after the Littleton Trophy controversy. I'd be a big supporter of giving Kalakar some peer-based commendations.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother