Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2020, 11:15 AM by honkerrs.)

Back 15 years ago I needed a name for my pet in World of Warcraft.  Was playing with my friends so as immature 13ish year olds usually come up with one of them said 'honkers'. I then thought it could be a funny username and not just for my pet.  Now 15 years later I still use it as my primary username cause im a loser.  Why the extra r? Well it looks edgy and usually honkers is taken in every game so i just make the two r's my default cause im a cool dude

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

When I was a kid, my parents, my sibling and I made a homemade board game that functioned like Clue. It was space themed, and it had 4 parameters to investigate, rather than Clue's 3 (weapon, murderer, room). Being space-themed, our game had these 4 parameters: The planet a heist occurred, the captain of the crew that performed the heist, the name of the spaceship they used, and the cargo they stole. We made up and drew various aliens and robots for the captains, odd-looking spaceships for the getaway vehicle, and for the cargo, most of it was things like diamonds, gold bars, alien artifacts, etc. For a lark, one of us drew a bunch of dead birds strung up on a wire together - the rancid budgies. Apparently they were highly prided in this space economy. It was my favorite card in that game, and it's been my gaming username ever since.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

I've always been a fan of sloths. And I've also been a fan of the Wu-Tang Clan, and Ghostface Killah tends to be my favorite on songs. I think my wife (then girlfriend) and I were trying to register for something, I think it was Wonder Con maybe? But we needed individual accounts to sign up and get tickets, and I was at work so she signed up for me. When she asked what I wanted the account to be named I told her to surprise me. She put slothfacekilla since the h didn't fit into the form, and I really liked it so I've stuck with it since then.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Before you read this, it's way past 25 words, a bit gory, a bit Revenant, a bit Without a Paddle, a bit Stephen King, a total product of being at home bored and wanting to write something entertaining to pass the time.

I was backpacking in the Alaskan wilderness when I was a young lad. As we were preparing for our trip out there, we thought we were being smart and packing all the 10 essentials plus about 20 non-essential, but trip enhancing items. We started heading out in the Kodiak for a week long trek, climbing along glaciers, being in the most pristine wilderness that North America has to offer. About 3 days into out trip the weather started to turn, and quick. The rain started coming down hard, way harder than we expected. No worries, we have our tent and a tarp canopy that we put up just in case this happened.

The campsite we chose was surrounded by large pines and giant boulders, all a few hundred feet away from the lake's shore line. We knew that this camp site had it's advantages, but unbeknownst to us, the surrounding incline above us, was an area that has been hit hard with these storms, and last winter experienced a few avalanches which loosened up the soil, roots, and the granite rocks and boulders towering high above us. Well, this rainstorm was the final straw for this area. We start to hear rumblings, and then feel the earth tremble below us, we look up and with our strapped on flashlights, we see trees and rocks starting to slide down the hill towards us. We immediately make a break for the lake and jump in as we had no other choices to make in that moment. The trees and boulders destroy our campsite and cause the lake to swell and create waves larger than imaginable that sent us scrambling, and thrashing to the other side of the lake and into the once stream, now rushing river down and away from all of our belongings.

As we make it down the rapids, we're eventually able to hang on to some branches and protruding rocks and one by one we hoisted ourselves out of the water and onto dry land. With the rain picking up, and thunder and lightning erupting around us, we had to find somewhere to hid for the night, and attempt to dry off and stay warm. We headed up towards to the hillside, and eventually found ourselves a cavernous hide away. Tucked away from the elements, we were thrilled to have found something to hide in for the night. We quickly took inventory of what we had with us, realizing that it would be difficult to find our campsite, and if we did, next to impossible to find anything that would have survived that horrendous slide. Our inventory included a few pocket knives, flint, two powerbars, one water logged flash light, and one of those survival key chain kits.

We found enough dry kindling to light a small fire near the entrance of the cave. Once we lit that, we decided to try and fall asleep for a few hours and wait the storm out. This is where our biggest mistake was made. We all were able to find a few hours of rest, but were quickly woken up to the grumblings of a large grizzly bear, who's cave we had stumbled into. The bear must have made the same mistake we had, and been trapped outside during the storm, found somewhere to lay low and ventured back in the morning. When the bear let out it's momentous roar, we all were scared for our lives and knew there was only two ways out of this, we die, or it dies. Three against one would seem like good odds, but when the bear still has at least 200 pounds on the total weight of the crew, the odds dropped significantly.

The bear started the attack by taking a swipe at Rod, who quickly fell to the ground and rolled away. The bear decided next to go after Fisher, who was backing up to the walls of the cave, quickly becoming trapped. As the bear got closer and stood up ready to attack, I made a an effort to take the attention away and start hurling rocks and burning logs at the bear. This got his attention and lured him away from Fisher. Rod was starting to get back up, bloodied from the swipe that left his face gashed open near the ear and cheeks. He noticed the bear making it's way towards me, he glanced at Fisher who both realized that needed to do something before this grizzly bear took his opportunity to tear me apart. They broke open the survival kit and took the rope out, Rod attempted to jump on the bear and choke it from behind. Fisher took the opportunity to take an embered log and start bashing the bears knees. The bear over powered both of them, throwing Rod off it's back, biting Fisher in his arm, and thrashing him.

I took this as my only chance, i took the two pockets knives laying on the ground next time and rushed towards the bear. In what seemed like a herculean leap towards him, I landed and stabbed the bear in it's neck and behind it's ear, attempting to make quick fatal blows. After the first two stabs, i quickly did this again and twisted the knives as I took them out from it's thick fur and skin. Rod, taking notice at this jumped up and took a bowling ball sized rock and smashed it against the bears head. After a few blows to the head, the bear finally slowed down and fell to the ground. We couldn't take any more chances, and took the knife and cut it's throat as if it were a hog, to be bled out before it was butchered.

We all sat back and watching the life leave this apex predator who almost took our own lives. In a fit of rage, and necessity, we decided to skin the bear and clean the hide to take back with us as a reminder of this horrific event. We rested a few hours, attempting to build up strength to make the trek back into town, knowing we all had wounds that needed to be professionally attended to. Back in town, we got cleaned up, and took the hide to be cleaned and tanned properly.

This event took a huge toll on my personally, and I became a recluse in the woods outside of Spokane, Washington. As time went on, the area quickly became filled with more populated and the woods were being torn down to build housing and condos. To thwart this, I took the bear pelt, wore it as if I were a bear, and walked around the woods in the early evening attempting to scare the town folks away from my home. This happened for years, and every time I wore that bear pelt, I felt more and more powerful, and took the energy from the bear. Wearing a bear became me, I am bear.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

When I was younger, the best player on the Edmonton Oilers for a long time was Taylor Hall. Also he was suppose to be the franchise player for Edmonton for a long time and he brought new levels of excitement to an organization that didn't have it for a long time.

I needed a good username for Xbox Live as I was sick of using AllCanadian (like all-american athlete, get it?) so I went to a username generator website and one of the results it spit out was ToastCharger. I go by that on everything but shortened it to Toast here after a few years on the site.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I first created this username on another sim league site and it’s followed me wherever I went. The reason I went with it is because it’s my son’s name and it was the only name I could think of at the time. Happy I chose it, because it’s a name I’ll never get sick of.

[Image: p82ugau.png]

A Massive Coiler is a big coiled up poop. My dad used to use it as a username on Battlefield 1942, and it just sort of became my Xbox name. So here we are.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

08-03-2020, 11:24 AMhotdog Wrote: i actually don't even like the food of hotdogs that much....... don't tell bojo..... I thought I didn't have a discord account but when I accessed a discord for SHL I was surprised to see I did, in fact, make an account? I had no recollection of making one, but apparently I did, and the name was hotdog69. I think  it's because "hotdog" is a funny word and it's often the word on my mind (like if someone tells me SAY A WORD RIGHT NOW there's a good chance it'll be hotdog) so that's why I (apparently) made it my discord name and now that's my name here

You scandalous wench!

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

For a long time before I joined the SHL, I was pretty involved in PvP clans on Runescape. In the process, I became friends with literally hundreds of Finnish players, and they would let me join their Finnish-only teamspeak as a special guest. There you have it.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

The KC is for Kansas City, my hometown.  I've been a KC Royals fan since their first year in 1969.  We won the Series in 1985, but I was out of the country at the time and could only follow via the International Herald Tribune.  We won in 2015 and I got to see every single game live.  The 15 is for 2015.

There is nothing too fancy about mine. Butler is my last name and I really am a Scottish Lord or Laird as they are called in Scotland. So Laird Butler would actually be the proper way to formally address me.                                                                                                                                                                                                        40 Words

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

Ok so funny thing, when I signed up for my first league (ISFL), I had decided on my player name already, but not my username. I wanted to be Forrest Gump, and from their I figured an easy username would be TomHanks. From there it’s just carried over across all of my sim leagues.

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]

Hockey fan. Wanted to play hockey when I got older. Made it when I was in high school. Seven years later. That hasn't come true and I doubt it will in the foreseeable future. Considering nuking everything and starting over.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

I'm actually famous "deceased" rapper Notorious BIG. I have been living in the Caribbean with Tupac for the last couple of decades. When I signed up for the SHL, I typoed my name with a T instead of a B, and I'm too cheap to pay the 1M fee for a name change.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]