Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username

I really liked sugar which is a form of Glucose and I liked the sound of Nitro Glycerin, therefore I stuck with Glyc. Now a days it's pronounced Glike but back then the ideas was for it to be Gliss. I like it better how it is now though.

My nickname is fitted because I use to wear fitteds and baggy clothes back in the master p days and was straight hood to the max no questions asked ya digging? But yeah that's was fitted aka fitski was born peasents

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Honestly I was like 8 and playing Virtual Magic Kingdom, that disney MMO. I was just trying to think of a fun username and I had just watched, the life and times of Juniper Lee. So I changed the R to a D and stuck with Juniped since then.

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

My username is JayWhy because that's my initials, JY. First name is Josh, hence the J, last name starts with a Y. I spelled it out to JayWhy, just like JayTee is Josh T, which is why we were also Josh and Josh* at one point and almost got Tanner to be Josh^ and JackCross to be Josh. Also my initials spell out JAY, Joshua Alan, so it has a bit of an extra meaning.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

My username was adapted from a character in the movie Lucky Number Slevin – Slevin Kelevra. I guess when I joined the site I thought the name sounded cool so I pretty much swapped the “K” for a “V” and there you have it,

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

I was playing a counter strike source death run map. The bloom for the map was completely maxed and everything was super shiny. Guess what. I like shiny

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

So the story behind my username is pretty simple actually, you see my first account was @Donini13 but when I came back last February I couldn't remember my old password or email address so I had to make a new account, I wanted some old members to remember me so I had to include Donini and decided to just throw my first initial in the front because why not.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

A common misconception on SHL is that the O in my name stands for Oilers when it actually stands for Orcas. Orcas for life baybeeee #Orcas #ForLife

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

My freshman year of university I took a Greek mythology class and learned about the descendants of Heracles called the Heraclids. My sad boi emo brain thought the last heraclid was cool and it has stuck with me ever since.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

[Image: charlie-con.jpg]

The Mighty Ducks 2 was a huge movie for me growing up. I must have seen it 20 times, all on the same VHS copy.

There are a few names off the top of my head that I can remember from that ragtag team of misfits: Adam Banks, Dean Portman, Greg Goldberg, Julie 'the Cat' Gaffney, Luis Mendoza, Kenny Wu, Guy Germaine. But none of them are as memorable to me as the name of the team's captain, Charlie Conway.

He was the most important player on the team, and arguably the most iconic character in the series, next to Coach Bombay.

It only made sense to me that my account on a sim hockey website be named after such an important figure in the development of my love of hockey.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 12:58 AM by Nhamlet.)

I feel like this will probably dox myself but it’s such a niche case that it’s highly unlikely. Anyways, I had a few other usernames that I’ve used throughout the past for various games and accounts like Maplestory, message boards, emails etc. but the biggest problem with a lot of them was that they were all in that 13 year old pseudo edgy way where as a fully grown adult, I would be somewhat embarrassed to be called “Protovirus” online. Especially with the rise of communication in online games, it seemed like having something relatively easy, one word and relatively age neutral was ideal.

While that's how my username stuck around, that isn’t how my username came to be. The short version of a not so long story is that in high school, we had to do a presentation in our English class and I guess in our group, we chose to do something on Hamlet. Wanting to take a modern twist on the play and playing the character based on Hamlet, Nhamlet was a clever mix of my name and Hamlet. For whatever reason it stuck with me throughout university and I began to use it more and more often. I suppose if I were to tie back to the online gaming community thing, the fun side is that I’ve been getting called ‘Ham’ more often than not which is a fun way of shortening it. The worst part has been the number of people who are reading my tag in multiplayer games ‘N-Hamlet” like it’s supposed to be two separate pieces. Oh well, I’ve kind of given up on even trying to correct people so it is what it is.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

I'm really not sure why I chose this name. I think it just threw some words together and it is what it is. I usually just go by Bagel or Bagel Volcano which also doesn't really have any meaning behind it either besides just being some random words.

[Image: snail.png]

I picked Leoben because Marc Bradford sounded really…weird. Marc Bradford was a name I used on a different sim a long time ago and just adopted it here. But it got to sound strange over time and my real name isn’t even Marc. I just combined two quarterbacks who used to play for the Rams. Marc Bulger and Sam Bradford. Anyway, I got tired it, and it sounded douchey. So I switched to Leoben, who is one of the Cylons on one of my favorite shows, Battlestar: Galactica. I use the name in a lot of other games so I just went with it here.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Thats pretty easy. I was born on the 7th of February and M is the first letter of my forname and P the first of my surname. Mix it together and you have MP7.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

Well my original player was Julian O'Sullivan and so I just used that as a way to shorten my name, to Ju O Su - Julian O'Sullivan. I think it's kind of a cool name.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]