ISFL PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

The Chicago Syndicate are a relatively young team who only entered the league in S46. Over the last little but I would say that their franchise GOAT has been none other than the GOAT himself, Cameron Carter II. Carter II joined the Syndicate when they were a young team and has been a veteran leader for the squad. He is the current franchise leader in goals scored and has won two Dar trophies and is still an amazing goal scorer in the league despite getting hit by regression hard!

In terms of the future, I think a player like Daniel Smeb has the potential to overtake Carter II as the franchise GOAT. Daniel has played with Chicago since S46 as a rookie and has been a consistent offensive force. He is the franchise point leader and is just hitting his peak now. However, there are plenty of other strong candidates for Chicago Franchise GOAT ranging from captain Corey Kennedy to a player like Ryuuji Minamino who has a bright future ahead of them and will be joining a strong team next season.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

The Edmonton Blizzard have been really good over the years. You don't get to be that good for that long without having some top tier players on your roster. The current management team have had a really good run drafting, and have hit some definite homeruns in free agency. That being said, the best player on the roster now is probably someone that will go down as the best player in franchise history. That is none other than the man, the myth, the legend: Tony Pepperoni. Tony does everything out on the ice. He scores like Ovechkin, passes like Gretzky, and hits like Donald Brashear. He leads the team in almost every important statistical category season to season, and most impressive, does it while sharing fairly even play time with a lot of other talented forwards. He's already one of the current league greats, but the name Pepperoni will be spoken of reverently in Edmonton forever. Bet on it.

Code:
165 words

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Code:
Written Task (150 words min.): Who is the best player of all time for a particular SHL (or SMJHL) franchise? Why are they that franchise's GOAT? If you want to increase the hotness of your take (read: if you don't want to look things up), pick a current player and make the case why they will eventually go down as a franchise GOAT when they wrap up their career.

This should be a pretty easy one that I'm sure a lot of other members are going to write about but for the Calgary Dragons, I'm going to go with Esa Anrikkanen as the best player in franchise history. Calgary was one of the dynasties when I created my second player and Anrikkanen was always at the center of it all for the Dragons. He played 29 seasons for the Dragons, scoring a total of 500 goals and 539 assists, which makes Esa the greatest goal scorer in Dragons history. Esa Anrikkanen became the first player on the website to reach the 2000 TPE mark and is also the only person in league history to reach the 500 goal mark. Anrikkanen won five Challenge Cups, as well as winning the Kain Webb Trophy in S20 and the Vidrik Onoprienko Trophy in S45. Anrikkanen was elected into the SHL hall of fame in S48 after a glorious career and will go down as one of the best players to ever grace the SHL website.

Code:
173 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Is it controversial for an active player to have a very real shot at the "Franchise GOAT" tag? For Edmonton it sure as hell isn't Many of my teammates have already called Tony Pepperoni's name in regards to that title, and as soon as I saw this prompt, he was the first player I thought of. In terms of Pepperoni's contributions to the team it's boundless. Off the ice, they are a big locker room presence alongside being Co-GM (Both Edmonton GM's are fantastic for engaging with the LR). It's hard to argue against the off-ice presence, and on ice it somehow gets better. One of the fastest players to ever reach 500 points (ahead of otehr S43 greats like Luke Thomason), and with no sign of slowing down, Tony Pepperoni is up there as one of the best players ever in the SHL. Through my limited knowledge on team histories, I don't know of Edmonton's other franchise GOAT's, outside of a goalie, and the exchange rate between goalies and skaters is hard to quantify. In my opinion, no one comes close to Tony Pepperoni in terms of production as a skater in Edmonton's history, he will be the GOAT.

Code:
210 words

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Without really delving deeply into this I have to say that Jack Durden stands out, partly because he had one of longest careers there have been for a Renegade but also because he is leading the team for both assists (477) and tied lead for goals (278), which ofcourse means he is also on top of points (755). Some of that is credited to longevity yet he has over 150 point lead to next one on the list, Chris Partlow, which doesn't leaving much room for argument about his offensive contributions he had for the team . He is also on top of +- with decent blocked shots for STHS era forward, yet he was never man of physical game as his hit totals aren't even top 20 of the team. For now his place at the top is relatively safe but as career of Andreas Kvalheim grows longer he can start to threaten to take the top spot as he has been carrying the team for while and I expect that it will keep on as long as his career lasts.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

There have been a lot of great players that have come up the Edmonton Blizzard ranks so it is difficult to identify just one as the Greatest of all Time. Several players could deserve recognition as the greatest of all time. Indeed, several current players could be in the mix, including: Tor Tuck, Tony Pepperoni and Brady McIntyre. That said, however, I would argue that the Greatest of all Time for the Edmonton Blizzard franchise is powerhouse goaltender Tommy Tuck. A supremely gifted goaltender, Tuck locked down the Edmonton net for over ten seasons as is the franchises winningest goalie and has the best save percentage. In a recent media article, Tuck was even identified as one of the best goalies in the league… ever! With the ubiquity of skaters on a hockey team, I would contend that no single player has had as much of an impact on the recent successes of Edmonton that Tuck. And because of that impact and his single-handedly being the linchpin of the defense, I vote Tommy Tuck as the GOAT.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

It is very clear that for the New Orleans Specters Demaricus Smyth is the absolute GOAT player so far. With 9 seasons played, he leads the team in several important categories, including Goals scored where he has 165 goals, more than any other player in team history. He also has the most assists with 231, which obviously means he will also lead the team in points scored as well. He also leads the team in +/- rating with 112. He also has the most penalty minutes at 392. In hits, he is second place right now, which shows his versatility as well. With 29 game winning games, he has also shown the needed leadership and leads that category as well. A lot of these records are things that I would love to break one day, but especially the goals with 165 is a big goal for me in my future, something I want to work towards. I hope I can get there!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Going through the history of the San Francisco Pride, it's hard to find one player that can be considered the greatest of all time. Several Hall of Famers have made their way onto the team, there are many who have won individual awards, and a few others whose numbers have been retired. However, given the franchise itself has not yet seem a lot of glory, it feels like the greatest of all time is yet to come. Young Alex Petrenko is in the midst of his second season with the Pride after a decorated SMJHL career with the Anaheim Outlaws. The team is now rebuilding, with Petrenko set to be one of the key parts of that rebuild. It's looking increasingly like the peak of his career could time well with San Francisco's peak if all goes according to plan (always a question mark when rebuilding). If the defenseman of the year chops he showed in the J come to fruition in the big leagues, there's a good chance he could be a hero of Pride fans everywhere. The greatest? We'll see.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

The Hamilton Steelhawks are an original team, so of course they have a rich history of great players. For the longest time the first name that would come to mind when you talk about Steelhawks greats would be Joe McKeil. He held so many records for the team after playing more than 1000 games there and racking up 867 points in the process. He definitely would have been number one until recently. In the last few seasons Robert Phelps has taken over that spot, now having 930 points and counting in less than 1000 games. Phelps has had a long career and has played the entire time on Hamilton, I suspect he will retire there and go down as the best player in franchise history. There may have been some other flash in the pan type players in Hamilton over the years but the longevity of Phelps as a top player and captain of the team goes unmatched.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

If I am being serious, and Luffy Richard is not nothing but a damn serious individual. Just ask my parents. I was held back because of my maturity. Something like that. Anyways, Mark Harter is the Toronto franchise goalie lead in basically every category. What a legend, but there is someone even more legendary that is waiting in the wings. That's right, the number sixty-sixth overall pick in the Season fifty-five draft, I, Luffy Richard. I may have had a slow start, but Luffy Richard never stays slow for long! I imagine that soon every Toronto North Star defensive record. Blocked shots, takeaways, hits, they shall all be mine. They will call I, Luffy Richard, the Northest Start on the North Stars, That's how space works right?

But seriously, Mark Harter's seventeen season in net, and over six-hundred games played, is impressive. That is the kind of stalwart professionalism I aspire too. And soon, I shall join him as a number in the rafters of our barn. And what a glorious day that will be.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

I know it is a popular opinion to have, but my choice for the Winnipeg Jets  Jets is Jason Visser. Almost a PPG player (unheard of for a player of his longevity), Visser registered 938 points in 950 games (5th all time). He ranks 10th in Goals and 6th in assists all time. He is the all time leader in max TPE earned, another outstanding achievement. Visser was a career Jet, and one of the best players of all time, not just the Jets. With 19 seasons played in the big leagues, he also laid out 1249 hits and 185 Power Play Points. He has two scoring seasons in the top 5 all time STHS era. There are other greats from Winnipeg including Big Manius - a physical threat who laid out 2300 hits in his illustrious career with the Jets. Manius is also a part of the Jets Hall of Fame, which is really a mandatory thing to be considered the GOAT of a franchise. [165 words]

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

In the case of the Calgary Dragons, there's one player in particular that stands out when the discussion of Franchise GOAT's, and that's Esa Anrikkanen who played 28 longs seasons with the Dragons (S18-S46). He won 5 challenge cups (S27, S29, S32, S40, S42), was a 3 time All Star, and leads in almost every scoring category possible in Calgary. He played 1458 games, scored 514 goals, 549 assists (1063 pts), 95 GWG, 4620 SOG. He's the current league leader in Games, Goals, Points, and SOG. He's a player who played his entire career in Calgary, and could easily be called one the greatest, if not the greatest goal scorer in the history of the league. The SJMHL ROY award is named after him, he's the only player to reach 500 goals, and first player to his 2K in league history! There is no doubt in anybody's mind that the Dragons GOAT is Esa Anrikkanen, the high scoring forward from Helsinki, Finland.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Alex Light is obviously the greatest player in the history of the Baltimore Platoon which is weird because he never played for the Baltimore Platoon. He's got an Ilya Kolvachuck/ Winnipeg Jets thing going on. In that, he was really good for their team before it relocated but still maintains his spot on the top of the leader boards even after they've changed names and identity. Now I obviously don't know a lot about Light because I'm a rookie but he leads the platoon in Games Played, Most Goals, and Most Points. He doesn't have the most assist, that goes to Bojo Biscuit but I still think there's a solid case to argue that Alex Light is the greatest Bapper in history. He also played for Team Austria and despite his career statics he never won a single award. The only award he was ever nominated was Playoff MVP in Season 43 which was also the year he won the cup with the Platoon. So Alex Light is obviously the greatest player in Platoon history.

[Image: VjXO4GV.png]

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]