Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

Hamilton Steelhawks. ice hockey team in hamilton, ontario, canada. What can i say? lots. this is a team with history. How can i pick just one singular man out of a sea of man. its easy. the goat in my eyes is none of there than defenseman gabriel johnson. gabriel johnson has had a wild careeer after getting drafted from the st louis scarecrows. and what a pick he has turned out to be for the ice hockey team in hamilton. now why do i think hes the goat? ill tell you why. speed, strenght, points. you mix alll that togetehr and you have it. gabe johnson has been a mongoose back there on the blue line for YEARS. he has been the glue to hamilton and he has won so many cups i cant even count them all. yeah baby, that sounds like the goat to me man. i dont know about you but i sure do know about me. and me says gabe johnson. lets go baby.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

I've been laboring over this for a while. The franchise GOAT for the Tampa Bay Barracuda is none other than Mikko Koskinen. I made this decision by looking at who had the most points in Tampa Bay franchise history and choosing that person. I spent a long, long, long time deciding who I would bestow this title upon. I've never met Koskinen. I don't know who his user is, but I had a dream last night and he was there. I'll tell you what, in my dream he was a really good guy. Not only did he fix my heater, but he nit me a sweater to keep me warm while he was working on it. Aside from that this guys got a lot of points. This might be controversial, but in my opinion, 403 points is more than any other Cuda has ever scored. CHOMP.

150 Words

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Hamilton's undisputed greatest player in franchise history can be none other than the ageless wonder, Robert Phelps. After being the best player on a bad to mediocre team throughout the majority of his career, in his twilight years he has both played his best hockey and had his best support. Teddy was always going to be THE Steelhawk when all was said and done, but the way he turned into a scoring machine at an advanced age and was a huge part of finally bringing two cups to Hamilton was an incredible and underrated part of those wins. He has handled the bad and the good with more grace and dignity than just about anyone, and has been the team dad since I joined the squad forever ago. People may not realize this, but he is extremely close to becoming the third player to top the 1000 point mark. He might fall just short due to regression and his inevitable recreate but he is quite literally one of the best players the SHL has seen despite a lack of individual awards. No matter what though, he is the greatest Steelhawk to ever play.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 05:18 PM by .Laser.)

ISFL Affiliate (username: Laser)

In what has only been three seasons of play in Anaheim so far, the person I have the pleasure of playing with and learning from the most would be the recently called up Rhys Pritchard. He was the Captain when I came aboard, and despite being a forward, was not afraid to speak his mind on where to tell a Rookie Defenseman how he could improve on his game. Willing to work with me on shots, attempting to top shelf as many shots as possible from the blue line, working on board play to make intentionally wide shots so the rebounds would be possible for him to capitalize on the positioning shift by the goaltenders. He taught me everything, including that those trips to Burger King really need to go away. If I wanted to stick around for a long time, it would be on a full commitment to myself, including in my nutrition. He was an inspiration on the ice to me, and was the Captain of the S52 Cup Winning Outlaws team. That's a tough act to follow, but I'm trying still to this day.

The very definition of a franchise greatest of all time starts with the name Esa Anrikkanen. No player has singlehandedly dominated the league in so many different shapes and forms than Esa Anrikkanen. Just rattling off some of their astounding numbers that dominate the franchise game, most games played for the Calgary Dragons at 1458, more than any other franchise by about two hundred and fifty. Esa has the most goals by franchise across the league with a lead over any other franchise, third highest franchise assists across the league, and most franchise assists over any other franchise. Esa Anrikkanen has awards named after him and is one of the greatest players to ever step onto the ice in Simulation Hockey League history. No other candidate, besides *maybe* Mike Izzy, can touch the astounding history that comes with the stats of Esa Anrikkanen for the Calgary Dragons. Seriously it's just outright mental.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I think Julio will go down as one of EDM's GOATS if not the GOAT. The cow man is hitting his stride with a team that can back him up> The cow man is serving up them fat stacks. This season he is 32 in 37. Not amazing but not awful. He took a step back in role. Last season he went 65 points in fifty. Not anything to sneeze at, and he's consistently talked about as one of the better players on the stacked Edmonton roster.. And while we are talking about franchise success, Julio also put up good numbers in the IIHF tournament. Sure you could argue Tony Pepperoni does more for the Edmonton Blizkids than Julio, but my insider ears have heard that Tony may be stepping back even more. Who's to know for sure? I think by the time Julio retires, we will have a case that he is the franchise goat. I just love cowman

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

With the New Orleans Specters being one of the newer franchises in the SHL, there a few worthy candidates to be considered the GOAT. I believe one stands out just a bit more than the others. Nicholas Williams is right at the top of the record books in most categories for his team. Goals, Assists, Points, Plus/Minus,etc. Williams is in the top 3 in all the major stats with a good chance to take the lead in them. He is considered to be one of the biggest fan favorites on the Specters roster and many already consider him to be the best to ever wear the New Orleans jersey. With no end in site for the star forward, I fully expect those records to one day belong to him and any doubters he has will be put to rest on his talented career. The only question is which future talent will take his place in the future.

For the Chicago Syndicate, currently one of the two newest SHL teams until next season, I think the choice is obvious. Cameron Carter II will hands down go as the franchise GOAT for Chicago. As a top candidate for the league-wide GOAT of our time, there is no one that stands out as well as CC2. The back to back Dar Trophy winner likely leads the franchise in hits and shots, and will for some time. Even into regression he is still clapping bombs like a true GOAT and refuses to acknowledge the aging process. When all the dust is settles and he retires are another few 50+ point seasons, he'll be an easy lock for the Hall of Fame. There are a couple great up and coming players in their prime now in Chicago, but it will be a challenge to get as close to how decorated of a player CC2 is. Even with several max earners, Chicago may never see the production from them that CC2 gave.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Tibuk Soonika, GOAT of not just 1 team but 2! You heard it here first boys and girls Tibuk Soonika is the Greatest of All Time for both Anaheim Outlaws and the Chicago Syndicate. Helping the outlaws to their first ever championship and setting records that still hold up all this time later Tibuk Soonika has really established himself as the best between the pipes for some time. Tibuk has also established himself as the longest reigning goalie in Syndicate history and along with it the greatest FHM Goalie Chicago has ever seen. Some may look down on these achievements as a lucky goalie who just happened to luck into a couple expansion teams but other might see it as teams who needed a strong foundation and got that with the GOAT Tibuk Soonika. I therefore would like to put Tibuk down as the Greatest Expansion goalie in SHL History. No other goalie has played this many expansion teams and been successful.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

As a recent expansion team from the S46 SHL expansion, the Chicago Syndicate don't really have a franchise goat. Despite having future hall of famers such as Luke Atmey having worn their colours, players like Atmey and Koenig just haven't done enough as members of the Syndicate to really be considered franchise greats. So who from the current roster could possibly go down as a franchise goat? We make the case for 3 players.

Daniel Smeb:
Drafted in Chicago's first ever entry draft, Smeb has basically been Chicago's #1C since his first game and has become the franchise centre that the Syndicate were built around. Smeb's shown himself to be among the league's elite players finishing top in scoring last season and continuing on pace to replicate that this season. If Smeb puts together a few more seasons like these past two, wins some individual trophies, and brings a Cup to Chi-town, he could have a strong case.

Corey Kennedy:
Drafted 3rd overall in the S47 draft, Kennedy was the Syndicate's first true cornerstone defenseman and after having the team's D core built around him he was named captain. He's had one truly elite season and followed it up with a few underwhelming seasons but as the team's captain, any Cup win could be heavily attributed to him, on top of that he still has plenty of time to get some more elite seasons under his belt and build his case.

Lallo Selman:
Selman wasn't drafted to Chicago but has budded into an elite forward for them since his trade. While he hasn't performed to the level of Smeb just yet, he's the most naturally talented forward on the Syndicate and he has plenty of time left to improve his performances and possibly go down as the team's all time points leader by the end of his career. Add that to his leadership role as he has an A, some possible individual honours, and a Cup, and Selman's got his own case as well.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

The Franchise GOAT for SFP has to be Jack Tanner in my opinion. He is still a on the team and provides leadership as well as some veteran presence and will no doubt help the younger core of the pride to develop mentally and get the team ready to perform at the highest level. Tanners presence on the back line in SFP has been a fixture for close to 15 seasons now and he holds the team records for most games played, most assists, most points as well as most blocked shots. A very impressive career for Tanner without a doubt. He also had the record for second most blocked shots in a season in the STHS realism era, another great achievement. While unfortunately he never managed to bring home any hardware but was nominated for the Scott Stevens back in S43. He appeared in the S52 challenge cup finals but unfortunately SFP couldn't bring it home.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

The best Dragons player is Esa Anrikkanen. He was a genuine team leader, nor in vain has one of the league's best players been named in his name. A total of 1458 games were completed in a team of 514 goals and 549 passes. He is a recordist in terms of games played throughout the league, as well as in terms of the goals gained. The presence of such talents is a rarity in the league and he was the best in his career. Including 95 of his goal gains were the winning ones. I would like to be like him, too, and to bring the team back to victory with his performance, he is a very good example of becoming a team leader and bringing victories to his shoulders. He spent his career honoring and retiring from hockey as a team leader in many respects. She could only be envied and praised at the same time.

Well for me the GOAT of the Toronto North Stars is Harry Carpet. Well i know he is still active and playing (hasn't even done regression, probably why he isn't a general manager of a team) but man this guy is dominant. Being on one of the worst teams in the whole league for so long and still puting up impressive numbers! For example lets look at last season. Carpy had only one active defensemen in front of him also being the only one having 1000+ TPE. Still he managed to get one of the best save% compared to all the other goalies whom faced nearly as much shots or more then him but also playing as many minutes as carpy.
Carpy will be a key piece to the success Toronto may have in the future. Even hitting regression won't slow him down much. Besides being an awsome person on the ice Carpy is also a great presence in the locker room!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

[Image: 0I1nohb.png]
(concept)

[Image: sulov.gif]