Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

For Texas, there is only one or two real answers. In terms of longevity and production, it has to be Jack Durden. Eighteen seasons is highly impressive in this league and to put up those totals is no small feat. Durden is a legend in the league so it only makes sense that he’s the best Renegade of all time. However, there is one other player on Texas who may one day go down with that title, depending how long he plays. Andreas Kvalheim has played half the amount of Games as Jack and has about half of the production. Should be decide to stick it out another ten seasons, he might get there. It’s not likely as he’s already in regression but you never know. If he fights it off long enough he could have his jersey retired when it’s all said and done. A few championships along the way would do nothing to hurt his case either. But currently, Jack Durden. No question.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

In honor of a true franchise legend and great person leaving, I'd nominate Eko Van Otter as the greatest of all time for the New England Wolfpack.

His on-ice product was fantastic. At the time of his departure, Van Otter was leading the pack in points. He was a leader on the ice, frequently sparking the rest of the squad to play the best that they could. The team was undoubtedly better with Eko Van Otter.

Outside of on-ice play, Van Otter was a fantastic presence in the locker room. Greatness isn't necessarily just points and stats; it's the impact on the team. Van Otter made people feel comfortable and welcome on the Wolfpack, and that certainly adds to his greatness.

Van Otter had a huge impact on New England. He helped usher in a dominant era for the team, and helped comfort the team through the down times. He helped create the modern New England Wolfpack, and for that, he is the franchise GOAT. We'll miss you, Eko.
@hotdog

[Image: danglechek.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 07:28 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Written Task (150 words min.): Who is the best player of all time for a particular SHL (or SMJHL) franchise? Why are they that franchise's GOAT? If you want to increase the hotness of your take (read: if you don't want to look things up), pick a current player and make the case why they will eventually go down as a franchise GOAT when they wrap up their career.

When I look at the best players to ever don the Jets jersey, my mind immediately goes to Jason Visser. But here's the thing... as much as that makes sense, it's a boring, safe, correct choice. So let's mix things up a bit with two separate ideas.

Reality:
The best player to ever play for the Jets will be Nick Brain, current #1 center for the team and its leading point scorer. Not only can Brain score goals, but he can dish the biscuit and defend with the best of them as well. His play is a model for every up and coming Jets forward to look to, and the only thing that matches his work ethic is his TPE total. You could slot this guy in at D and he wouldn’t miss a beat. Hell, he could even play goalie and do better than half the netminders in the league right now. Physically, he’s fast, durable, strong and quick. Nick has experience, and seems poised to take the next step in his career. By the time things are said and done, I feel he will have two, maybe even three championship rings on his buff sausage fingers. Here’s hoping he takes up the mantle of coach somewhere when he retires, because his brilliant hockey mind would be wasted away from the game.

Fiction:
The best player to ever play for the Jets is one that hasn't even been drafted yet. His name is The Chosen One and his coming has been foretold by several of Winnipeg's most famous Seers. The boughs of an evergreen tree were arranged in a six pointed star on the snowy tundra of a Manitoba iced-over lake, and his face appeared, along with a laundry list of accomplishments he is predicted to achieve:

2x League MVP
5x Most Points during a season
3x Most Dedicated
2x Best Goalie
7x Challenge Cup
13x End-of-season All Star Team
3x Four Star Cups
6x Gold Medalist for The Moon

He will take the SHL into the next century, and feature prominently in this league's very first super bowl ad. He will be the first to reach $1,000,000,000 sim bucks, and will be commissioner of the league when it expands without a TD thread for the very first time in its history.

Children will pretend to be him when playing (sim) street hockey. Women will want to be with him, men will want to be him (and also be with him). Once he retires, the game will never be the same. He will not recreate, as there will be nothing left to prove.

And Jesus wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer. ■

[176 words for the serious and requirement-meeting Nick Brain suggestion, 445 total.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

West Kendall is a storied franchise. Being in the league from day one means many players have passed through its doors. There are a number of players that could put their hat in the ring to be called the greatest player in the history of the franchise. Trevor Wilson, Dani Forsberg and Ludwig Koch Shroeder all had great careers in the maroon and navy after being traded there. Alex Light was a one team player who is the all time points record holder for the team. However I think the best player in franchise history has to go to Bojo Biscuit. Up until light passed him biscuit had the most points for West Kendall and is 10th all time in defensemen scoring across the entire shl. He played his entire career for West Kendall as well as being the general manager for a decent period of time. Hard to say anyone else could claim to be more significant.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

The best player of all time for the Minnesota Chiefs is Alonzo Garbanzo. Some guys in the running may be Lord Pretty Flacko and Robert Andersson - some may say Terrance Nova but he played a huge role in destroying the franchise so his good performances aren't enough to make us forget about that - but Alonzo Garbanzo was no doubt the best to wear a Chiefs jersey. First, he played his entire career for the Chiefs, winning plenty of awards and recognitions that not only make him the best Chiefs player ever but also probably the best defenseman ever in the SHL and also in the conversation for best player ever in the SHL. He even won a cup with the team as an old captain veteran but he still put some great performances together even well into his old age. He combined elite play with longevity and loyalty, and it is hard to look at him and say he is not best of the Chiefs.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

If you tkae a look at the calgary dragons, there's been a number of high profile players who have had great careers. In my opinion though, I think you have to name Mike Izzy as the GOAT of that franchise. The guy played 15 se4ason with the team and was a difference maker throughout most of his career. He helped lead the team to three Challenge Cup championships, and many more years as a contender. In this time, he made sure to be a punishing presence for the other team while still managing to put up productive numbers in the points column. He led Calgary from the front, and was the example of the effort need to be put in to consistently win. He was truly a threat on both sides of the ice and was a fierce competitor that gained respect around the league. Aside from his time on the ice, Izzy managed to become a brand spokesman for Izzy Dogs, and caused their popularity to skyrocket.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

I mean not to toot my own horn, but I would say Luke Thomason will be the future GOAT of the Manhattan Rage. He is current sitting at 3rd of all time for Manhattan Rage points with this season in consideration. With 471 points in 483 games, Luke is almost at a a PPG since being at Manhattan Rage, collecting a Playoff MVP nom and a cup there as well. He is also sitting less than 100 points away from the most points ever for the franchise, with still plenty of seasons left, so with that in mind Luke Thomason will be heads and shoulders above all other Manhattan players. He is also already have the most Playoff Points ever in the history of the Manhattan Rage. With 70+ points in 70+ games, he is over a PPG in the playoffs, making his player a serious playoff contender. Other than that Jax could be his 2B as well for the GOAT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Although the Chicago Syndicate are still a pretty new franchise although soon they won't be the newest, and their GOAT will likely quickly change in future seasons, right now the franchise GOAT has to be Cameron Carter II. CC2 signed with a young and new Chicago team early in their existence and even took a discount despite a player of his status deserving something more in the range of 10x10. Since then he the Syndicate leader in goals, shots and hits and picked up two dar trophy wins in back to back seasons and is still going strong fighting through regression like its nothing as he truly doesn't age. Even this season he's still going strong as one of the top goal scorers not only on Chicago but in the whole league and with limited minutes too. When all's said and done CC2 will long be considered one of the greatest players in Chicago history and perhaps even SHL history.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

I believe that Flacko Lagerfield would be the franchise GOAT for the Hamilton Steelhawks and if anyone deserved a statue erected of them in Hamilton, it would be the one and only Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye. Say what you want, say what you will but this guy has been nothing but elite for the Steelhawks. This team would not be the same if it was not for his existence on the roster and without him, the Steelhawks would be missing a couple of challenge cups and that is nothing but the truth. Where were you when the 1300 TPE forward beatout the monstrous Ola Wagstrom for leading scorer in the Simulation Hockey League? It was a true David VS Goliath moment in the league and will be remembered for seasons to come. It was a classic moment in Steelhawks history, and the adventure of Flacko Lagerfield was one to remember as well after leaving his famed Tampa Bay team for the Hamilton Cheathawks after the whole STHS era drama.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

The Franchise GOAT for the Manhattan Rage. Really, the franchise has been pretty shit so a current player can be the goat for the rage even though the rage have been around since s2. So the GOAT franchise for the Manhattan Rage is Luke Thomason. Luke Thomason has 430 points in 450 games which is incredible and he is 6th in all time scoring for the Rage and a few points away from top 5 and he is still playing this season and more seasons to come. He will end up the Franchise GOAT no doubt about it and really, his only competition is Roy Razin because he played the most games and he has the most points but Thomason will pass him at some point. There's Harry Hans and Ace Redding who is the closest to Luke Thomason and Luke has not even finished his career yet so right now it is Roy Razin and future it will be Luke Thomason.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I think whether they realize it or not, every defenseman who has played or will every play for Buffalo will always live in the shadow of Alexis Metzler. From Poopity Scoop to Darrow, even though their great in their own right, even if they hit 3,000 TPE and win multiple awards from now until the end of their careers, they will never touch the all around greatness of the game of Metzler. He leads in most if not every defensive category in Buffalo, holds a few league wide records and was one of the greatest captains the team has ever seen. Their leadership led to two cups and the mentorship that Metzler gave teammates including defensive pairing players has led to them going on to greatness with both myself winning a Bojo Biscuit and Darrow winning best Defenseman in the IIHF and Scoop leading in major categories. That's a hard resume to top which is why I make the argument that Metzler is the best Buffalo play of all time.

Chicago is a young franchise and with that being said, doesn't exactly have a lengthy history of top performers. As the seasons roll on and the young talent develops, I'm sure there will be more than a few candidates for this question in the future. However, if I had to pick one now I would have to go with the obvious Cameron Carter II. He's been an absolute stud his entire career being one of the best power forwards to ever lace them up. He's brought a much needed grit and veteran presence to an otherwise super young Chicago team. He stands up for the young kids, calms them down in pressure situations, and has an uncanny ability to score when it's most needed. He's a vital part of the organization right now and is passing down his skill and knowledge so that one day someone will be as great as him.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Robert Phelps is one of the players today that could be going down as a GOAT Hamilton steelhawk. He has the most points all time as a steelhawk and he has only played for them during his career. He never was the best player in the league but he has been consistent every season and has been always been able to get 40+ points in every season basically since he has been drafted. He should go down as one of the best steelhawks and he should be a anomious first ballot hall of fame in my mind when he decides to retire. He has been playing his best hockey as he ages and he has a shot at 1000 points in his career which is pretty impressive for anyone. He has been able to win multiple cups for the Steelhawks where he has been a big part of during his career.

The franchise greatest of all time I'm going to be speaking about is going to be one that I think a lot of new members aren't going to really think of as a GOAT. Not only that, but this GOAT isn't a forward or a defender as I'm sure the majority will be. The player who I think is the GOAT is the best player the Edmonton Blizzard has ever seen, Jakub Aittokallio. Aitto's resume speaks for itself. He is one of the only goaltenders to put up 400 wins on one team, with maybe only one or two with as many or more. He also is one of the esteemed members of the 3 Challenge Cups club, backstopping the Blizzard to cups in S15, S16 and S28. I think his most defining feature though is his ability to win SHL awards. Aitto took home the S15 MVP and McBride, while being nominated 4 more times for the McBride.

Code:
159 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Well, seeing how it's last minute and i know that i'm the best goalie in Minnesota history, i'll just write about myself.

Robert Andersson is the goalie with most wins in Minny history and was together with Alonzo Garbanza(Who is the best skater in Minny history FYI) the corner stones in the franchise during the s30's. I don't know if it still stands but Andersson was the goalie that had the most nominations for mcbride ever at one point. Sadly only one win to go with it though because Awards Committee is a joke that thinks GAA is a goalie stat, so he lsot out on one to MLF and the Platoon who had a full defensive line of 1k TPE defensemen while Minny only had a single defenseman over 1k. He got his reward a couple seasons later when he became a 1st ballot hall of famer however, which wasnt more than right.

This will all soon be history however when Markus Tegernako will erase all these records.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]