Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

I have to give the nod for the all time great Newfoundland Berserker to my teammate of 3 seasons, fellow S53 draft class mate, and one of my best buds on the site, Ryuuji Minamino. The Lethbridge/Newfoundland franchise is relatively new, so there's not as many seasons worth of great names to consider as some of the other J franchises. In the context of pure offensive production, Minamino sits at 139 points in the middle of his 4th season on the team, which is good for 4th all time in scoring, just 1 point shy of Cant Eykhil at 140 points, who has more than a full season worth of games played than Ryuuji. Assuming he makes the jump to the SHL after this season, Minamino would have to get 18 more points in his last 15 games this season (a pace that's reasonable based on his scoring rate this season and last), to sit in the number 1 spot for all time NL scoring among 200 career GP players. Considering he spent his rookie season banished to 4th line minutes and had like 8 points, it's remarkable that he's even contending in this regard.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

In the history of the Tampa Bay Barracuda, there have been two goaltenders that have been a major part of the team: Michael McFadden and Benjamin Blue. While McFadden is the historically better goaltender, Benjamin Blue is the best in my heart, and is the best goaltender the Barracuda will have for a long time. Winning 3 McBrides is an incredibly hard thing to do, and the fact he did it in spades is a testament to his performance.

Thinking about it from a non-sim based perspective, Blue has been an integral part of the Barracuda locker room since the move to Tampa Bay in S46. He's always in there to cheer along with us, and he's been the best of us for over a year and a half. He's been with the team for JSS' initial rebuild, the S50 Finals team, and our current rebuild (after Trella traded back for him, of course). When he retires, his number is going up on the rafters for sure.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

NOLA has two standout options for GOAT in Aleistar Cain and DeMaricus Smyth. Aleistar Cain was NOLA's first 1st Overall pick, he's quite literally been there from the start, and in his first campaign with NOLA, which was also NOLA's first campaign in the league, he manned the pipes all the way to a Champion Cup Finals appearance against Buffalo. Through 9 seasons, S46-S54, Cainer has seen the team to a playoff berth each year and it's looking like he's currently going for 10 in a row.

Smyth has been a similarly dominant force in the league, playing as both a forward and a defenseman. In the S47 Season, following a cup run the season before, DeMaricus Smyth posted an incredible season, scoring 28 goals, 34 assists for 62 total points. This campaign was enough to see him win a the Ron Mexico for MVP, the Sarmad Khan (MVP voted by players), the Sergei Karpotsov Trophy for most points and the Jay McDonald Trophy for most goals. This heavy bag of goodies is the single largest haul of trophies in a single season for any member of the New Orleans Specters, and indeed represents nearly a third of the team's entire trophy shelf. I think calling Smyth NOLA's GOAT would be fitting.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

There have been many good players to play for the Toronto North Stars but there can be only one GOAT. In my opinion, Harry Carpet is the GOAT for the North Stars. With almost 1600+ TPE and no slowing down in sight, Carpet has been a brick wall for the Stars. What makes Carpet's run even more impressive, is that the North Stars have been in a rebuild forever, and Carpy is still putting up insane numbers. On any other team, Carpy would be a perennial all star and first ballot HOF. I hope in a couple seasons, we can help Carpy out and maybe even get him a ring or 2... With Carpy being a top earner, I see him hitting 2000 soon here and hopefully by then our young stars can devolpp and our starts stay good. The future is bright. SO till someone knocks him off the crown, Harry Carpet is the GOAT!

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 09:32 PM by TnlAstatine.)

This might be the hottest take and honestly it might not even be true yet, but I think monkey d. luffy will be the franchise goat for the stampede and will continue to be forever until they end. I think the stud wants to have a really long career baring anything substantial and i believe he will lead most of the categories for the entirety of the stampede history from when he breaks it till the end of time. Right now there are some big names to catch up to like victor marius and such but i know luffy and i know he will for sure go down in history as the biggest GOAT to ever grace the halls of buffalo. Luffy strives for the hall of fame and anything short of that will be a huge disappointment to this career try hard. A couple cups would help solidify that. So heres the the hall of fame or bust GOAT.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I think for the Winnipeg Jets the case is quite clear who the GOAT is. Despite the Jets being an original franchise it has to be Jason Visser. Visser had a stupid long career spending the entire time with the Jets. Visser played 950 games and had a nigh point per game career with 938 points and 379 goals. Visser won two challenge cups in seasons 37 and 44 and was on an all star team 7 times in his career which is about a third of his career from S32-S50. Visser is also a two time MVP both by the awards committee and by the players. Visse led the SHL in points 2 times, and led the SHL in goals 3 times. Lastly Visser was nominated for one Jeff Dar trophy and the playoff MVP trophy. On top of that Visser is the highest earner in SHL history with a peak TPE of 2285! Wonder how good he would have been in the FHM sim. Visser did all of this with the Jets through their highs and lows. Clearly the GOAT of the Jets if not the GOAT of the SHL itself!

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 10:20 PM by hewasajazzman.)

i dont think that it is any secret whatsoever that Luke Thomason will go down as the best player Manhattan has ever seen and will hold that title for quite some time. with an average of roughly 48 points a season, he should see the top of the Manhattan career points list by s57 the latest. s57 would only be his 12th season with the team, as opposed to the current leader taking 15 seasons to reach his respective record. Thomason averages around 20 goals a season, putting him on pace to break that record within the next two seasons also. might as well mention that he'll likely hold the shots record soon enough too. he should also land somewhere within the top 5 in hits for the Rage. do i really need to keep going? without a doubt, Luke is the absolute GOAT Manhattan player and one of the best players in the SHL.

For the Buffalo Stampede I can not think of any other player to call the GOAT than Alexis Metzler @Avakael. Metzler was the heart of the team for basically his entire career and played his entire career for the Buffalo Stampede. When he retired he let the team in points by a mile and still holds that record to this day. Metzler has been inducted into the shl hall of fame and deservedly so. He has played a total of 1050 regular season games and the next player, Walker does not come all those close with 900 games played for the team. He is also currently still in the top ten in all time assists all time across the whole league and is also among the top ten in shots blocked. He leads the team in all time hits to. It will take a lot for me to consider any other player as the Buffalo franchise goat.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

To this point, it's difficult to make a case for anyone other than Alexis Metzler for the Buffalo Stampede. Metzler is the longest tenured player in franchise history and captained the team to it's 1st and 2nd Challenge Cups. He holds the record for virtually every major statistic. However great Metzler's on ice contributions were, his impact off the ice could be considered greater.

Avakael is arguably the biggest reason why I applied to become the Stampede GM. As a player and as a user, Avakael was a match in heaven for me as a manager. He set the bar for excellence, pushing his player past 2,000 TPE and winning several awards along the way. Always active, friendly, and helpful in the locker room and someone I could lean on in the war room. He signed a 6 year contract extension at a time when the team was bleeding assets. I would personally designate Alexis Metzler @Avakael the franchise GOAT.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

When I first looked at this pt, I as really confused on who I should write about. I'm not very versed in the history of Buffalo players, much less who would even be considered the greatest of all time in the franchise's history. Just a few names that came to mind where legends Viktor Marius, Charles Walker, Cedric Robinson, and Dermot Lavelle. However the more I looked into it (franchise records, season stats, awards.... and of course reading other people's pt responses from my team) I came to the conclusion that actually none of those players can stand close to what one Buffalo player achieved in his time with this organization. That player would be Alexis Metzler. Metzler spent his entire 20 season career as part of the Stampede amassing 1050 games played, 154 goals, 543 assist, 1578 hits, and 1528 shots blocked. Metzler holds the franchise records for games played, points, assist, shots blocked, hits, and PIM. In my opinion what makes it so impressive is that he got all these incredible point seasons on the blue line and kept up the production for at least 18 of his 20 seasons in the league. There is no doubt that Metzler is the GOAT of this franchise.

Who is the GOAT of the Tampa Bay Barracuda? Look no further than Justin Fuckin' Keahi. The Pacific Islander is already a force in the SMJHL, so it will only be a matter of time before he is running around the SHL putting bodies through the glass. Just a pure stud out on the ice, he can hit, he can skate, he can fight, he can pass, he can shoot, he's got the dirtiest fuckin' dangles, I mean his dangles are so dirty that even grandma's blush. It's a joke that someone would even consider anyone else, Keahi is going to be the real fuckin' deal and has a guaranteed GOAT slot in Tampa. Fans already are making plans for at least 20 statues, the only thing holding up construction is they can't agree on the size of the wrench to give Keahi. He has a massive wrench, but some think the statute's wrench isn't big enough.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

[Image: kS6hklL.png]

@grok outside of the Falcons arena

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

The Buffalo Stampede have had a long history of top players, lots of different options here (including some current ones who are building a really strong case for themselves if this is a PT in a few seasons).

For this though, I have to go with one of my current linemates, Viktor Marius (HUGE honorable mention to Alexis Metzler though). Marius has been a force to reckon with for over a decade in the SHL, constantly putting up incredible numbers season over season. Marius entered the league strong, recording over 30 points in his sophomore season and nearly reaching a point per game in his junior season. His point production throughout his career has been impressive (which is evident by him having the most goals in team history) but one way he changed and adapted his game a bit into his career is a larger emphasis on physical play. Marius became a force to be reckoned with on both the score sheet and if you didn't want to leave the game bruised up, recording over 200 hits over several seasons. Marius continues to be an offensive force even later in his career, sitting just under a point per game this season.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

There have been many great players for the Kelowna Knights for the past 50+ seasons in the league. Legenss in the game that will forever have their names etched into the smjhl and Kelowma history books. A few of them have been goalies.

I think that Peter Ramsey may become one of the Kelowna all time greats by the time his career is over. After a historic rookie year with record breaking stats in gaa, and save percentage, his sophomore year has him as the clear cut starter in this season, and at least one more after this. As he and the team around him grows more confident in their training, the team will get better, and Ramseys impact on the team will increase.

This season has seen some ups and downs for the young goalie, with some inconsist performances, but by the time Ramsey moves out of the juniors, I am sure his name will be remembered amongst the Knight Goalie Greats.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Its without question that when you want to talk about the best of the Dragons, you have to talk about the legendary Esa Anrikkanen. He is the Jaromir Jagr of the SHL, but assuming he played longer. at 1458 career games, Anrikkanen blows any other competition out of the water, holding many extra seasons on second place. holder of 4 franchise records for the team, and also the holder of the mantle of the SHL's all time leading scorer, Mr. Calgary is undoubtedly the most iconic player to ever play the game. A triple gold club member tied for the most challenge cup victories of any player, Anrikkanen was I believe the first of many Calgary greats to break the 2000 TPE marker, cementing himself as a truly elite and dedicated member of the team. After 29 seasons with the team, Esa finally hung it up. He was elected immediately to the Calgary Hall of Fame and was a first ballot hall of famer in the SHL as well. Truly the most iconic Dragon out there