Create Account

S55 PT #5 - Playoffs (Remix)

The tv comerical that i have designed is so simple yet so powerful and fully embraces everything the SHL stands for as a whole. to start the commerical it would be a reel of every smjhl and shl team opening their locker room doors as it pans to the logo in each of the rooms as it stays silent with just the players all their you hear the pre game rawr then you hear the skates walking and the drums start beating heavy as if a battle is going to occur. then all the captains appear about hit the ice and the second they do Hey Ya by outkast starts to play but just the Hey Ya part and then t goes to highlights of the year everything from goals to crucial saves and that goes on for a little bit. then the fights start to play and the drums come back and are on sync with every punch then as a player gets knocked out the camera goes black and thats the end.

If I was tasked to make a playoff hype video for Newfoundland, it would be pretty easy. The scene would open to Jack Klompus, Cale Amundsen, Liam Slate and PBJ Souppan on a stage getting ready to play a set for a bar crowd it seems.

The band is just tuning up when the doors to the place bust open and in enter Newfoundland GMs Corey and J. Corey will yell "PLAY JAJA DING DONG!" quite aggressively and startle our poor little band.

After a couple seconds of hesitation Corey again yells out and the rest of the Berserkers come into the bar as well. The band gets started and as Klompus very poorly yells out the lyrics, highlights from the season play out on the screen with cuts back to the bar where the Berserkers are all singing along. Showing this level of fun from the team should spell disaster for everyone else in the league so what's the point of featuring anyone else other than us?

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

For playoffs you want to be able to showcase the absolute best that the league has to offer. You start with the Eastern Conference, intro Buffalo Stampede - they earned it. Showcase their top talent such as Luffy, Scarn, Darrow, Scoop, Doyle with big goals, big hits, and big saves. Now move on down the list. Do the same thing with Manhattan, Hamilton, and Chicago.
Now a quick cut to the West. Showcase Edmonton's top players - Pepperoni, Morgan, Scholz, Finn-Rhys and Spector. Slide into New Orleans as the next team, and give them a little bit something extra as the defending champs, maybe show off some of the cup celebrations for last season?
Now quick cut, they have had their extra 5 seconds, onto Calgary, run a little extra on Izzy as a retiring legend who will be playing his last games in these playoffs. Now the last team, pull out the pistols for Texas. show off their quick draw attack and precision shooting.

Now clip back to the east. Pull the logos for Buffalo and Chicago and smash them together, do the same for Manhattan and Hamilton. Pan to the left for the west. do the same with Edmonton Texas, and then New Orleans Calgary. Fade to black.

SHL PLAYOFFS

Fade Out

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

One of my favourite songs to listen to when I need a pump up is “I am the Fire” by Halestorm so when the SHL approached me to put together a TV commercial this song came to mind immediately. The song is about pushing past your own mental restraints and fears to reach another level. I feel its fitting because to win a championship it requires players to dig down deep, find another gear, to play with a burning passion. You need to want it more than the other guys and you simply cannot hold back.

I’d have each team in the playoffs nominate the player they felt demonstrated sacrifice, who left it all on the ice each night, who would come up big when most needed. The commercial would feature clips of extraordinary efforts by these players to show them rising above their competition. I’d have each player on ice with the camera panning over them as the song slowly builds up and as it reaches the chorus we would transition into their moments of bad-assery on the ice from the past season.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: xoVNy8E.png]

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

The basis of the commercials will be to realize how special a time this is for the players, and how meaningful it is to the league each and every season. It'll be different at the beginning of each round, but hold the same premise. At the start of playoffs, the commercial featured stars from each team, like Jimmy Slothface, Theo Morgan, Luke Thomason, and Monkey D. Luffy. The voice of one of the most well known past SHL players, Alonzo Garbanzo, explained the history of the playoffs, and then it would cut to a black screen, with the SHL logo slowly fading onto the screen. Music throughout wouldn't be anything special, just a few instruments in a chorus.

Commercials for the next round would include highlights from games of the remaining teams, and overall be much more higher pace than the first, with more intense music. No talking, except for the announcers calls mixed in, and same ending, black screen with the SHL logo fading in. For the finals, it would be about most of the same, except with more focus on the history of the cup, and past winners, especially recently.

The song that will be playing for the commercial will be the intro to For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica.

The commercial starts off with the bell ringing and a video of the Tampa Bay Barracuda skaters just after a loss from the regular season fading to black by the time the next bell rings.  At that, a video of the Toronto North Stars in a similar situation fades to black.  This continues on for the remainder of the non-playoff teams for the next 6 bells in order of points in the regular season; Minnesota Chiefs, Baltimore Platoon, San Francisco Pride, Los Angeles Panthers, Winnipeg Jets, and finally the New England Wolfpack.  After it fades to black, it stays there for 2 seconds as announcers voices can start to be heard.  “He’s one on one with just the goalie to beat..” and the video comes up with Monkey D. Luffy on a breakaway “and he beats him with the backhand!”  It then goes to different videos of the rest of the Playoff teams from this season.  “That was a punishing hit by Mike Izzy.”  “Daniel buries his 2nd goal of the night.”  “The pass from Gotze right on the stick of Kvalheim and in the back of the net!”  “Ola with yet another goal on the Power Play.”  “As the clock ticks to zero, that is the league leading 7th Shut Out for Emiko Spector.” “Phelps with a strong right and takes him down to the ice, that fight should pump up the rest of his team.” “Kirkby puts his body in front of that one and stops the shot from getting through.”  After that montage, it goes to a room with the cup in a spotlight in the middle of it, and every player from the prior highlights entering the light around the cup staring at each other and the cup.  The light slowly fades as the SHL Logo and the date of the first Final Game appears under it.

Quote:332 words.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

I mean honestly why the heck would you ever change from Pitbull for the hype up song for any playoff series? Pitbull is literally the definition of hype and has been for like the last 15 years or so don’t see any other option that could be better. Where the original playoffs (remix) video failed though is the editing of the video. They could’ve done a lot more hype nowadays with that. All they really had was just a couple of the high profile players tossing a ball around. For this they just need to first have Pitbull on top of the stadiums of the teams that made the playoffs singing the song. Just swap between those views because nothing better than Pitbull dancing to a dope song with the city skylines behind him. Then while all that is going on when you hit the cities that he is at start showing all the highlights of the great plays that hockey has to offer. Big hits, big fights, hard snipes, etc of all the main players. Basically the Playoffs (remix2) version but for the SHL.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

The screen goes silent and dark, you think that maybe you accidently hit the power button on your remote, just as you start searching around the couch wondering where the hell that damn thing is and how you managed to shut the tv off in the middle of your favorite show, you hear the opening riff of Raining Blood. A bright flash of red orange and yellow fills the screen, what is that you see? Calgary Dragons legend, Mike Izzy emerges from the bright colors that you now realize is fire coming out of the snout of a dragon. "One last shot at glory" pans across the screen as you see some highlights of Izzys career including him hoisting one of many cups. The screen fades to black once again, a flash of purple comes across the screen, "Time to put the Specters to rest" is the text on the bottom of the screen as Izzy checks a ghost right out of the Big Parm. Just liek that, the commercials over, and leaves you thinking "What did I just see?"

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

The song that I would use would be "Hall of Fame" by The Script. It has the perfect lyrics. Some of the highlighted phrases would include the opening line "You can be the greatest, you can be the best" "You can be the hero, you can get the gold" "Dedicate yourself and you gone find yourself, standing in the hall of fame" 

The spot would open with highlights of older, Hall of Fame players, like Jason Visser, Alonzo Garbonzo, Bojo Biscuit, interspersed with banners of past champions.  Then the spot would transition to the current stars like Tony Pepperoni, Andreas Kvalhiem, Luke Thomason, and Ola Wagstrom. 

The spot would end with a black screen and the SHL Playoffs logo, with the catchphrase "The Time Is Now" and the sound would slowly fade out to the part of the song that repeats "You can be a champion... you can be a champion... you can be a champion..."

[Image: hudson.png]

For this seasons playoffs I've colored a cartoon all by myself it shows me and tom fiddler doing come watching the p offs. The cartoon starts with us high as fuck wondering why we cant get into the playoffs when it Don's on us that hey we just arent good enough yet. Once this happens we stop doing coke and get to work. Bad boys 2 soundtrack plays in the background while we take many shots in the basement and show off our lack of hands. Soon after teddy cuddles comes over to tell us about amabacas and once that's done we watch our cartoon. After watching it we realize fuck this sucks we need to do better so we do. Once we do we make the playoffs and tampa wins many cups under our profound leadership abilitys. Next a juggalo caravan shows up and begins to make our cartoon better wild really if u ask me.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

I think the biggest squads going into this playoffs have to be NOLA and Buffalo, and I think the story line that was expected would have been Joe K playing for the other side in this battle but after his trade away from the team I think you'd probably focus on the stars on either side of this match up. And the league would just hope that the two teams make it to the finals. Music for the commercial would be something kinda intense but decent for background sound too, like Sail by AWOLNATION. I think you could also throw in a couple players from some of the other leagues top teams, Chicago, Edmonton, Hamilton, and Manhattan. Like typical NHL commercials it would mostly just be a bunch of shots of individual players looking up at the camera or whatever with the music playing and maybe they say some cheesy tag line like "I'm ready for playoffs".

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

nsfl

[Image: capybar22_600.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 12:09 PM by AgentSmith630.)

Opening: The scene is a pine forest in the morning light, the camera slowly passes through the trees and light fog, the sunlight making rays that give the trees a surreal feeling. Birds chirping is the only sound, and even that is quiet. It's the most tranquil morning.

Music gently starts playing in the distance. Long time fans will recognize the Halifax Raiders hype music, but it slowly fades into silence. The camera continues it's slow progress through the trees, and it starts rising, only a few feet at first, but steadily progressing upwards. 

As the camera gets higher, new music, the Maine Timber hype music, fades in, and flashes of highlights from the season quickly come across the screen, a few seconds at a time, but never long enough to lose the camera rising through the trees, approaching the top. 

The camera reaches the tops of the trees as the music reaches its peak, and we burst out, overlooking the city of Detroit, the Timbers opponents in the first round. Words appear on the screen.

Timber  It has been too long. The forest has grown.   Timber

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!