Create Account

S55 Championship Week

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

tpegod

Task 1 - 3 TPE
I think that Zoltan fared pretty well this season. Although the Falcons didn’t have a great performance overall, Zoltan really came up clutch more than once. Zoltan finished with 23 goals and 14 assists for a total of 37 points. That is pretty much on par for what I accomplished last season and we didn’t really fare as well either. With 23 goals I was tied for third in the league which I couldn’t be happier with. My plus minus was atrocious at a minus twelve. The Falcons have a young team and we were definitely missing a few defensive heavyweights that went to the SHL this season. Next season I am happy to say I'll be a full time player in the SHL. Looking to uncap my TPE and score some big time goals! Happy to see the rebuild turning more positive. Looking forward to beginning my SHL career and playing for the Barracuda!

Task 3 - 2 TPE
I think it would be pretty cool to see some European or other countries throw their respective hats in the ring for SHL Franchises. It would certainly bring a lot more options for new franchise. As an American I think it would be really cool to see some teams from areas that are relatively unknown to me. Moving some of the teams outside of the regular NHL area would certainly shake up the conferences as well. Where would we put them? Of course there is no true travel issue when it comes to the SHL, but it would drum up some really cool media i’m sure.

Task 5 - 3 TPE
Just because I'm on Team Finland, I have to boast a little bit about how the team is going to put on a greats show in the WJC and the IIHF this offseason. For starters, the WJC roster is pretty close to the same as last season, but with a significant boost in TPE for sure. This is my last season playing in the WJC so i’m excited to see if we can win gold. I think @Wearingabear is going to do a great job as GM and I can’t wait to see what he brings to the table. When it comes to the IIHF Finland is pretty underrated as well. We took home the Bronze last season and we were really close to making it to the gold medal round. I think we can put up a similar performance this time around if not better! With the depth in the WJC Finland is going to be unstoppable in a couple of seasons.

Task 6 - 2 TPE
I think Michael Fitted would be the player with the biggest following on Tik Tok. He is always out there rambling and chatting. He’s a really interesting character in general and I think he would get a lot of followers. He is also big into social media and I think that the transition to that platform for him would be quite simple (if he figured out how to use it). He’s a personable guy that's big with the ladies and a loud personality. He may be taken, but that never stopped anyone from trying! I think he would fit right in and draw in those followers on the platform.

Task 13 - 3 TPE TOTAL
Question C - I think that toughness is going to play a big part in the playoffs this time around. NOLA may be favorite stats wise, but the aggression and fighting stats may put them in the penalty box a little bit more often. THis could possibly give buffalo some extra Man advantages and chances to put the puck in the net.

Question D - I am an avid fan of the show “The Office”. At this point I have to be rooting for Michael Scarn of Buffalo. Many people don’t know this but steve Carrel is actually a great hockey skater which is why there are many scenes. Michael Scarn, the hero of this story is present in the fictional world. Threat level midnight is incredible, and MIchael Scarn is a great player.

Question E - I’ve always been a fan of monkeys. I think Monkey D Luffy has proved how well a slick fast moving player with incredible accuracy is on the ice. I think that Luffy really embodies the animal name that her player represents. Agile on the ice, literally all over the place. Flinging the puck into the net. A player that cannot be stopped.

Trivia
16. CW TRIVIA - Dog - 3 TEEPS

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
Personally, I think that while my player was a great defenseman this season, he didn't live up to the expectations I had for him. And honestly, he may not have even been a great defenseman. He had a very significant number of blocked shots, 79, which was good for 19th in the league, and being top 20 in any stat makes me pretty proud as an undrafted free agent coming back from failure. But the rest of it just wasn't too hot. Only 14 points across the 50 game season, 13 of them being assists. My single, solitary goal was the unsatisfying filling sandwiched between the whopping 53 missed or saved shots I made. So not a disappointment, because of the blocked shots, but I need to work on a lot. And the single biggest thing I need to work on should be pretty self-evident: I need to make my shooting and scoring better. Upgrade accuracy, upgrade range, possibly even redistribute away from passing some. Whatever I need to do to make Kimanje into the sniping clutchmaster I want him to be.
Code:
183 words
Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This offseason will be extra exciting, as it features the rare expansion draft! Write about how you think the expansion draft will play out, either for one or both of the expansion teams or from an SHL team's perspective.
As a double general manager in both the International Simulation Football League and the Pro Baseball Experience, I have been a part of two expansions so far and will be a part of another two in only days. Generally, you will have a team that selects mostly older players who have a couple or three seasons left in them that will help them make a run at an early trophy, and then a team that takes all lower-TPE players and takes the approach of  'tank now so we can be good later.' This past PBE expansion, the Detroit Demons (which I was awarded and am the current GM of) took the former route and the New Orleans Rougarous took the latter. Detroit is now a bottom feeder of the league and are having to rebuild because of some unexpected retirements by 1200+ TPE players, while New Orleans has a great young core and is set to be a force to be reckoned with in years to come. In the S22 ISFL expansion, the Sarasota Sailfish took the former route and the Honolulu Hahalua took the latter route, although the differences were not as pronounced in this league. Strangely, with one fourth of the season left to play in S24, both teams sit atop their divisions as the 1 seeds. Both have had equal success, but whether attributed to the different sims or how easy it is to be good in ISFL as compared to PBE, it's hard to say. However, I would be very confident in saying that the SHL expansion draft will play out the same way.
Code:
270 words
Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America -
become a reality in the SHL?
I most definitely think expansion teams should be allowed on other continents. As shown by now both the International Simulation Football League and the Pro Baseball Experience, international teams can have very fascinating brandings and color schemes. We are in a simulation world, after all, and nearly 50 years into the future. Why not add some expansion teams to other continents? I'd love to see an expansion team in South Africa, or Australia, or Peru, or perhaps Russia. It allows for a greater diversification of the league, it interacts with a wider userbase, even if it is only slightly wider, and perhaps most importantly, allows for some incredible unique brandings based on the continent's culture. I love the idea.
Code:
119 words

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) The world's hottest app is TikTok - which SHL or SMJHL player would have the biggest following on TikTok? What do they post there?
It's gotta be my player, James Kimanje. He's from Uganda, so he has a beautiful, silky smooth Ugandan accent. He's familiar with American trends, but has no idea what many of those trends mean. James would gain his popularity and build his following by creating reaction videos to the hottest trends at the time. He would ask the audience what was going on in the video he was watching and make surprised comments in his deep voice, which when combined with the facial expressions of confusion, excitement, shock, horror, and humor he would make, I cannot think of any SHL player that would be more successful on the app.
Code:
109 words

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
e. There are several animal names in this series - which of these animals is the coolest? sloth, hippo, otter, monkey, fox, kirby.
Otters! They are known for being the adorable little aquatic creatures that have a special rock that they love like a pet. They will go looking for their rock if they lose it and will cuddle with it as they float asleep on their backs. Also, in the ISFL, the Otters have won 8 Ultimus and are GMed by yours truly! 
Code:
61 words

3 TPE - Affiliate Claim - Username Laser
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 03:44 AM by Katth.)

1. Reflection on your season - 3 TPE
So this season started out pretty good for my player Barry Batsbak. I was leading the Calgary Dragons offensively and you were able to find me in the top (peak top 5) of the scoring table. But as the season progressed I started to fall of this ladder a little bit, though I eventually did end up with a career high in points (56 in total) it was still a bit of a let down. As this was my peak season, the one before regression, I had high expectations. But it wasn't meant to be to be able to score 70 points in a season. Though being above a point per game player is still something to be proud of. A lot of my points came on special teams leading the Calgary Dragons in points on the power play. I hope that next season after having to regress I can keep this level of performance.

5. What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? - 3 TPE
The upcoming IIHF will be a good one I think. Last season showed that some teams are not untouchable and I hope this trend continues. The domination of the USA and Canada has to stop somewhere and it would be better for the league too if IIHF becomes more competitive between nations. I think quite a few nations struggle because of this dominance as everyone wants to play for the winning teams and people don't sign up for the smaller nations. My own nation, Austria, is still in a rebuilding mode. Last season we barely made it into the medal rounds and I hope we can continue this again this season. Austrian management is working really hard to recruit new prospects for the team, but it's not an easy task as I know from experience having been Head GM of Austria myself in the past. But BK has been doing a great job with the help of Mike Izzy and other team members.

7. The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. - TPE 3
Both New Orleans and Buffalo have signed up to raise money for a Covid19 relieve fund. A fund to help small business owners to survive through these difficult times. They will give donations or loans on good conditions so these small business owners can keep their head above water and not go bankrupt. New Orleans and Buffalo have also asked all other teams in the league to join in on their fund and all other teams agreed. With this funds local business in the teams cities are being saved from bankruptcy. Never before have all teams from the SHL have rallied for such a good cause as this. The teams normally give a lot back to their local communities, but this one is helping their fans survive the corona crisis and save their businesses. One thing they are still trying to arrange is for the leagues commissioner to also join in and pledge a big donation to the fund.

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! - 4 TPE

A. I think New Orleans has the edge defensively, but only by a little bit. The thing is though, is that Buffalo's offense is extremely stacked and I think that this edge doesn't matter a damn thing. I think New Orleans will get lit up either way. They might steal a game or 2, but that's it.

B. In the playoffs you never know and as I said in my earlier reply I think it's Buffalo's cup to lose with their stacked offense. New Orleans might steal a game or two, but that's about it I think. Regular season matchups are also completely different as one of the teams might have been at the end of a back to back.

C. I highly doubt it. The TPE New Orleans spend on those stats is what Buffalo put in offense and defensive abilities. I don't even know if fighting actually does spark a team in FHM, but I can imagine it doesn't do a damn thing at all. It would have been better for New Orleans to redistribute that tpe before hand.

E. How is this even a question? Kirby ofcourse. I have played this game way back on Nintendo a bunch as it was an awefully fun game.  Did you know that Kirby is named after a lawyer (John Kirby) that helped Nintendo win a lawsuit against Universal Studios in 1984? Now you do.

16. CW TRIVIA - 3 TPE
Verification word: Katth

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 05:40 AM by OrbitingDeath.)

Task 1) 3 TPE
This was a record season so far for Vorian Atreides with a whooping 36 points. So yeah, nothing to write home about to be honest. For the amount of tpe Atreides has now I expect nothing less than a point per game season. If its below that the only way a season would not be a failure is if the team wins a cup. And just one point on the powerplay? Might just not have a powerplay at all if you cant perform there. No wonder LA missed the playoff, I would blame Atreides first. For next season a lot has to change for him, for starters he need to learn how to perform on the powerplay, could easily become a PPG player if he puts in some effort on the man advantage. This should definitly be something that the coach will need to look into, because without a proper powerplay, you will never get back into the playoffs next season

Task 2) 3 TPE
With the change to a new sim engine for the SHL I feel that the expansion draft results will be ugly for the franchises, sure they will get some useful pieces, but chances are the best players they get will be used to acquire more assets for the future, take Darrow for an example, the guy is too good to spend his years tanking for good draft picks to build the franchise, he would be a great trade asset (if he even decides to sign). But after having seen Tampa go 0-50, I feel this could also become reality for the new franchises, this sim is a lot less random as sths was. So this could be a dirty ride early on for the teams.

I know there are a lot of pieces with expiring contracts in the expansion draft and having them indeed go to free agency will further hurt the teams that already will have a bad start. My prediction is that it will be messy.

Task 3) 2 TPE
With a lot of the userbase coming from outside North America I would feel expanding to other continents would be a great thing. I mean the VHL has done this since the start and people love it. So why wouldn’t the SHL not be able to do this? Afraid of being accused of being copycats? It’s hardly a groundbreaking idea so the main question is more what are they waiting for. A worldwide expansion is only fun to have, so the sooner they do it the better it is. We should just move an entire conference to a ‘ world conference’ and keep one North American one. Diversity is key!

Task 6) 2 TPE
This must definitely be Chris McZehrl. But I’m not sure if I should talk about what he posts. The content on his tiktok channel is certainly not suited for younger kids amongst us. It is widely known that he likes balls a lot, and this channel has a lot of balls in plain sight. Basketball, football, american football. All kinds of balls. And he is proud of it. He calls it BallBall instead of tiktok. Just so he can share his weird fetish with the world. No ball will go unharmed in his videos, we would advise a PG16 rating for his tiktok movies and definitely make sure there is parent supervision.

Task 8) 3 TPE
[Image: ucLSJmN.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 02:09 PM by KaleSalad.)

Code 1: Reflection on the Season (WC: 204)

Nathan Thomas has completed his second season in the SMJHL after being drafted by Texas and then traded to San Fran he spent the year back down with the Maine Timber. He was able to be a full time starter being moved up to 4th line RW. He definitely surpassed expectations and the whole line had a great year. Though his stats we below most the milestones there was a significant improvement over the previous year. The Timber have also enjoyed quite a bit of success and have now reached the finals! Nathan dropped back to the defense core and has logged some big minutes on the PK as well as even strength through the playoffs. Nathan has taken big strides this year to get better and will continue to grow as a player and individual in the next couple years. He can attribute his success to a great team and coaching staff that has given him the opportunities to step up and be one of the big guys for the team. Next season he is looking to take on even more responsibility and to be a leader in the Timber locker room. He is also eyeing a spot on the World Junior roster.

5. What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? What team do you think will win/surprise people/be bad/etc.? (WC 177)

It’s the most exciting time of the year with the IIHF and the WJC tournaments happening! I think as usual the Canadian teams will have a strong showing especially in the WJC tournament with most of the team being capped earners and a very well rounded out balanced team. They have taken a lot of the players who seem to be fully developed and ready to jump into the SHL next year. As you can expect there will be a tough challenge ahead of them with team Dach and Sweden also on the hunt to take the WJC. In the IIHF Canada has a great group of vets returning to help try and lead the team to another successful tournament and hopefully not come up short in the semi-finals again. They will face some tough competition with Team Japan looking strong and Team Czechia is looking to repeat the success from last year and go back to back champs. My prediction is that team Canada is able to pull through this year and win the IIHF tournament.

Code 6. TikTok (WC: 115)

Valentin Kalashnikov would hands down have one of the biggest TikTok’s. He was the captain the heart and soul of the Maine Timber and with the fan base that we have he is essentially a household name in all of Maine and surrounding area. He would make and absolute killing on his TikTok and post his day to day to day life and times with the boys on and off the ice. He would also do all the TikTok challenges like the electric love kissing best girlfriend. He would create his own content as well showing off his skills on the ice picking targets off in the net as well as his stick handling abilities.

Code 7. (WC: 168)
Its the championship round and despite being head to head on the ice the teams have decided to put their differences aside and team up to help give back to the community. They have decided after each game they will go to the local gentlemen’s club and donate to the young ladies that are out there working hard! Each night during this championship week they will go to a different club in each of the two cities and support the young women there to help them succeed in their career goals. The players will make it rain for each and every girl there working! The money will help these young ladies with their bills and help them pay their college tuition. This fundraiser will help the teams give back to the communities that have supported them through this season and helped them reach the finals. It also will help the players see each other off the ice and hopefully help them bond and bring the league closer together.

14. MVP  (WC: 127)

The Timber were a surprise in this years SMJHL playoffs pulling of a couple upsets as well as forcing games 6 in the finals!  Hands down the MVP of the SMJHL playoffs despite losing in the finals is Leo Bloomfield.  This guy stood on his head and had one shut out and only allowing 1 goal in back to back elimination games in the conference finals. He played out of his mind and gave the Timber a chance to win every night he was in there. Unfortunately, they did come up short against the league best team Newfoundland. But his heroics can not go unnoticed and he is deserving of MVP status and should not need to pay for a meal in Maine for a long time!

Code16: Trivia 
farmfresh

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

You know what, the past three seasons, i was disappointed with my player for underachieving. However, this season he has definitely improved quite a bit. This season, my player notched 9 goals and 17 assists for 26 points. In addition to these, he also had 84 blocked shots. This is a great improvement from the 14 points and 49 shot blocks he had last season. In fact he almost doubled his points production and shot blocks. The success is due to upgrade in shot blocking and increased in passing and puckhandling from last season. I am also pleased that Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr. was top 100 in the fantasy score card. This is a great achievement for someone who was not even top 200 last season. I do believe that Zlatan can continue to improve his performance and he should be a bigger threat in s56. He will look to improve his offensive talent a lot more in s56.

In my honest opinion, I do not think that it is a great idea to have SHL franchises in other continents besides North America. Why you may ask? Actually it is very easy to understand. Geographically it will be too hard to accommodate teams when they have to play in different continents. Imagine someone from North America having to play someone from Asia. There will be definite jet lag and it will be tiresome on the players.Also since they are so far apart, it will be too costly for SHL franchise as well. Another reason is that it will be too complicating. We may need to create different sub leagues just like in soccer. Thinking about it realistically, it is not such a easy task. This is why i personally think it is better to have it just in North America and recruit players from other countries and continents.

The best SHL team to not make the finals in my opinion are the Edmonton Blizzards. The Blizzards are a great team as they have a solid core with high tpe players everywhere. In fact, they only have 1 player on their roster who is below 1000 tpe and that is their backup goalie so it doesn't even matter much. Everyone else are in their prime. The team swept the renegades and lost to New Orleans Specters in a game 7 death match. The New Orleans went on to compete in the finals against Buffalo stampede. As you can see, if a bit of luck was on the Blizzards side, i am almost certain they would have became victorious over New Orleans Specters and may have even won the challenge cup.

For my predictions on the upcoming IIHF tournament, lets start of with the obvious winners. Canada and USA are both so deep in the amount of players they have. I am sure one of these two will win gold and the Other will earn silver. If i had to predict, I'll put Canada above USA. So Canada with the gold and USA with the silver. Now for bronze, it will be a tough competitive match but I will give the edge to Great Britain. They have consistently been doing well and I don't think this season will be any different. Sweden also has a great roster and they have a stud forward in Ola Wagstrom. If the offense can continue to put up points, Sweden may even sneak into 3rd place. In terms of surprises, I think Japan will be really good. They have star players like Nicholas Owens, all the Smebs and Monkey D. Luffy. It won't take them long to turn on their engine and compete with the best. The team i feel will be bad is Latvia. They have been struggling for so long and I don't think anything will change this upcoming season as well.

a. Definitely Buffalo Stampede has the advantage. After all they have the 2K legend in Cassius Darrow, who killed the regular season. In addition, to him they also have Selic and poopity scoop who are also at a very high TPE. When we look at their young core, they have Nicholas Owens and August Wang. So buffalo stampede will be set for a while. The highest tpe defenseman in New Orleans is kirkby who has also been a beast during the playoffs. But overall their defense is not as solid as the Stampede's.

c. I don't know how these stats affect FHM. I am also not the best when it comes to this sim engine but in my opinion it might serve as a disadvantage. This is mainly because it could lead to more penalties due to their aggression and Buffalo can capitalize on their powerplay. They are both equally talented teams. It may actually come down to luck in this series.

d. My favorite name that is currently in the finals is Monkey D. Luffy. I love anime and I love One piece even more. So when i hear his name it actually makes me very happy. Luffy has also been a huge beast this season with freaking 72 points. He is like his anime character, overpowered.

e. There are several animal names in this series - which of these animals is the coolest? sloth, hippo, otter, monkey, fox, kirby.
Hippo is definitely the most badass out of all these animals. The thing is so massive and did you see its teeth. It's also freaking gigantic. Hippos are also very deadly animals as they kill number of humans every year. In one video, I saw a hippo saving an animal but then it got too clingy so the hippo got fed up and killed it.

Goku

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

CW TASK 1: +3TPE
As the season is now over and I've had time to reflect on both the teams and my individual performance. As a team i think we did great making a great run into the playoffs but we ultimately didn't make it to the championship or win it. Personally this season i took too many penalties having 26 penalty minutes and that's something i would like much lower at the end of the season. Also my Plus Minus this season was horrid being a -17 and basically all season my line got beat up and scored on so i'd like to be positive in that next season. Playing all 50 games in the season i had 103 shots on goal but only 5 landed in the back of the net. I'd like to triple that by next season. The one thing I did right the season was pass the puck ending with 17 assists which isn't bad but I would like to be in the upper 20s next season.

CW TASK 2: +3TPE
This season will be something special being we are adding two new teams in great cities being The Atlanta Inferno and the Seattle Argonauts. How I think the draft will play out is one team will be a bust and the other will make a good playoff run in the first season. From a design perspective I think Atlanta has the better branding and city which could be the difference in getting young talent to sign with you or even getting older guys who have won a cup to also come and sign for your team. For Seattle being they are a new team I'm expecting them to take risks not only drafting but also in the players they sign. I expect them to go all out early on and not wait for the young guys to get their talents up. Now which team will do better based on my opinion. I'm expecting Atlanta to win the duel between the two new expansion teams but only time will tell.

CW TASK: 4 +2TPE
The SMJHL team that was the best this season was by far the St Louis Scarecrows who got absolutely robbed and cheated by the system to not make it to the finals and to not win the cup. Personally I think the chemistry in the locker room and on the ice with the team is unmatched by any other team. Defensively I think they have the best duos in the league and offensively some of the best scorers in the world and at goalie you can slap anyone in and they will save it. the only reason the crows fell this season is because of the countless short handed situations from giving up to many penalties so if next season they can fix that they will be the favorite to win

CW TASK 5: +3TPE
Now after last seasons IIHF tournament we saw teams like great Britain come from almost no where to winning a silver medal only losing to the power house united states. For a team like great Britain to make it that far just shows how bad they wanted it and as long as you have heart you can make it anywhere in not only this league but also life. I think losing in the finals and getting a silver will only drive the hunger they have to go out next season and go for not silver but gold this time and win it all. The team i think will win is United states because they have also been a powerhouse with the best roster and coaches and they are by far the better country. a team like Canada is only good for blowing big games that why they only get bronze and silver medals because they are bad. i expect a team like Sweden too sneak up the ladder this season and make a great run im picking them to win silver because of how they have built that team.

CW TASK 6: +2TPE
With Apps like TikTok taking over the social media scene we see a lot of famous people and athletes using it everyday. Players like Young Logo uses the app to connect with his fans and reach people he normally couldn't. What he posts range from his freestyles and the music he makes to his every dad routines such as working out and what he makes everyday for lunch even some videos of him on the ice working at his game and sometimes its just moments in the locker room the fans normally wouldn't get too see to draw an audience to not only him but also the team. As a player he knows he has to keep it family friendly and so that exactly what he does

CW TASK 16: Verification Word Logo +3TPE
Claim 16TPE

Code:
This offseason will be extra exciting, as it features the rare expansion draft! Write about how you think the expansion draft will play out, either for one or both of the expansion teams or from an SHL team's perspective.

I think the draft will go extremely well for the Atlanta Inferno because they have such a GM who is really well prepared and definitely doesn't have no idea what'll happen beyond the first pick. the other team the Seattle Argonauts will probably have a really bad draft and leave Atlanta all the players that they want to select. If not then the PT Team is authorized to award @notorioustig no TPE for this CW this season. Atlanta is a really cool place and all the players in the expansion draft will be excited to be drafted to that team and definitely won't be half inactives and the other half in regression nope definitely not. It's really cool that the teams got so many protections and that all the exposed players are pending FAs and that's all really really good and definitely not at all bad or annoying to the expansion teams and for that reason it will go really well for Atlanta!

Code:
It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America -

I'm pretty firmly of the belief that if you get an expansion team or if you're a SHL or SMJHL head GM you should be able to put the team wherever the fuck you want. I personally think it would be kind of lame to have just one team in europe but i really don't care all that much and if you get a team you deserve to put it wherever you want! There's no travel in this league so i guess it slightly ruins the realism but like honestly who cares. I do think it'd be a little awkward if there's like one or two teams in europe and the rest are in NA, probably makes sense to have a full Euro division but that's difficult to build up.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
If the rumors are to be believed, then I think the Atlanta Inferno are the best team to not make the finals. If - again, big if - the rumors are true of Eko van Otter joining this team, and he's the only rumored player to be on that team, that means this team has an average TPE of around 1900, which is way way higher than any other team's average TPE. Therefore they're the best team in the league (maybe of all time) and yet they did not make the finals. The other best team to not make the finals is probably Hamilton; I feel like they're always a threat to win it all so even running into a giant like Buffalo I wouldn't have been surprised to see the steelhawks advance.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? What team do you think will win/surprise people/be bad/etc.?
I feel like the surprise team to watch is Japan. Most other teams are a mix of old players and young players, since they've been around for a while, so as they get better they're also losing some TPE through regression. This isn't really the case for Japan, who is built primarily of young players and won't be losing a significant amount of TPE through regression. Even though they don't have the depth of some other nations, their top line talent is premier with the Smebs and a Luffy and all the others they've got on that squad. I don't think they're a contender to really win it all since they're lacking that depth of a nation like USA or GB or Canada, but they should turn some head of people who hadn't really paid attention of late and think they're still among the weakest nations. The team to win it all is, of course, norway! :cellyotternorway:

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) The world's hottest app is TikTok - which SHL or SMJHL player would have the biggest following on TikTok? What do they post there?
There are a few different SHL tik tok stars who sort of belong to their own separate realms. Augustus Wang is one who comes to mind as an icon for 16 year olds just discovering weed and stoner culture and thinking lighting up some mary jane and tuning into Bob Marley on spotify with the lava lamp going is the coolest thing around - they love their Big Wanger! Another tiktok star is gabe johnson who has been known to flash those thighs around the app and get the portion of the fan base sexually attracted to males really going. Hugh Jazz likes to shake his huge ass.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be
Well I mean...... I'm biased............ but otters are amazing. River otters, not sea otters - want to be extra clear about that because sea otters are actually terrible creatures who rape and do other bad stuff. river otters though are cuter and much more pure of character, loved by alllllllllll who encounter them! Gotta Love River Otters! Honestly most of these other animals except for kirby are really cool animals too.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

hootdoog

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

I did absolutely terrible again this year and it's starting to whittle away at my confidence.

I guess I can say that I improved, but I'm still disheartened at what I accomplished. I only score 9 goals and put up 7 assists (for a total of 16 points) in my 50 games... but I feel like I could do so much more. I know I'm only averaging about 13 minutes a game with almost no power play or short handed time, but I feel like a waste of space on the ice.

At least I can say that I did better than last season, which isn't hard considering I only put up 2 points in 26 games.

Next season I'm going to work on honing out my skills. I worked hard this season to try and be a balanced player, but next season I need to get down to the nitty gritty. I know I can do it in Carolina with this amazing leadership team.

Code:

Expansion drafts are absolutely insane. It's so weird to see who's protected, who's left to dangle, and who's even auto-protected. It really hits home that depending on when you started your career, it could look radically different.

I think the Seattle Argonauts have done a great job with team branding, and I'm very interested to see where that team goes. I think that tig has done a great job of promoting the team and getting people hyped for it. I know that once I saw the jerseys and the drive for it, I was interested in the team.

I think Seattle will have a leg up, but it's hard being an expansion GM. You know that you're likely not going to compete in your first few seasons and we've seen that in SHL history. Your job is to get people interested and excited about the future so they want to stay and build. It's tough, but they can do it.

Code:

I think with our vast group of SHL'ers, we could see a team branching out into Europe. As a user who once played for a Japan based team, I was up and down on the idea. I enjoyed that I knew the team mascot (the Chocobo) but I had zero clue about where Sapporo was. I had zero connection to the city and had no idea what to write about. As a stater, I know about the other states and can come up with some basic information. But it's a lot more work to come up with something about a country I've never been to or done any 'research' into.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The obvious answer here is the Edmonton Blizzard. We knew that the Western finals would come down to the Blizzard and the Specters, but the Blizzard had a bit of an edge. They had 3 of the top 6 point getters on the regular season in Pepperoni, Morgan and Kane, but couldn't put it together in the playoffs. New Orleans had depth scorers, but I'm still very shocked that Edmonton didn't make it to the finals. I think the emergence of Mika Mayfield put the nail in the coffin for Edmonton, and Spector didn't do as good in net as he needed to.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

The New Orleans Specters and Buffalo Stampede have decided to come together to create the "Ghost Riders" fundraiser. This fundraiser is set up for children with pediatric cancer. The teams have all decided to let the fans bid for different types of cars that the kids will get to 'ghost ride' in. The kid will select a player to drive them around a race track at high speeds. The kids will have their own steering wheel to feel like they're the ones in control.

Along with this, there will be special incentives for all individuals to donate their old cars for tax breaks. All proceeds will go to researching childhood cancers.

There will be zero issues because these two teams know that it's more about the kids and fans than the sport itself. We're all here to have fun and play the game, but we need to use our platform to speak of for those who cannot.

Code:

Pumpkin

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 11:43 AM by trashae.)

I think I had a really solid year down in Kelowna with Teddy Park.  As a sophomore defenseman I moved up the depth chart and saw a jump from 19 to 21 minutes of ice time.  And somewhat related I saw in increase across the board in stats which you can look at and think, “duh.” But even with the advanced stats it’s clear that my 350 build represented a pretty big step forward, just looking at DGR I went from 69 (nice) my rookie year to 75 my sophomore season.  All in all I’m really happy with how Park did managing to continue to improve on a rookie season that absolutely blew my expectations out of the water.  Looking forward to the latter part of my career down in the J’s I’m excited to now be considered a core piece of what I think is a very good Knights team and really the only goal I missed this season was getting to a half a point a game (ended up with 24 points in 50 games) so next year if I can get 25 points and continue to be a reason that the Knights win games I’ll be happy.

In short, 100%.  But to expand upon that answer and earn the TPEs for this one we are a simulation league and we already have an engine that doesn’t give a shit about location and completely throws conferences out the window once playoffs start so why not, it literally doesn’t matter?  And to the people that would argue we should try and emulate established sports leagues to keep ourselves grounded in some sense of reality the NBA and NFL are actively courting the possibility of Chinese and European franchises respectively so why can’t hockey also cross an ocean?  We’re all here to have fun and I think it would be cool to broaden our horizons and do something like give each IIHF federation an SHL franchise to add to the lore of the league and let those guys have a home team.

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

If any of my fellow Knights read this one I’ll probably get in trouble, but in my opinion the best team in the J to not make the finals is the Carolina Kraken and that the true final series was between the Berserkers and Kraken.  Throughout the season Carolina was just a step behind Newfoundland in the standings and really if they were in the West I’m sure they would have been neck and neck the whole time.  There are tons of stat-based arguments I could come up with to support the idea, but this is an opinion questions so I’ll end my answer with one thought that I think really sums it all up.  When we drew the Timber in the semis I was immediately relieved that they got to beat each other up and our road to the four star didn’t include both teams.

What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? What team do you think will win/surprise people/be bad/etc.?

Looking ahead at the WJC tournament I’m really excited to see how it shakes out.  With the constantly rotating GMs I really think that USA keeping @mastersheep and @Jumbobone19 is a huge boon after winning gold last year, but they also lost some key players to transfers and GMing for other federations in this tournament.  Most notably Teddy Park and Hubert Andrews who I had projected to be critical to a potential repeat performance.  So it remains to be seen, but I have faith in Team USA’s management to earn a medal.  Looking at the rest of the field I don’t see any potential surprises beyond what is happening with Team World.  The brand new GM duo of @trashae and @hughesab I think gives them a huge advantage as relative unkowns.  Additionally, those same two cornerstone pieces that USA lost? I see them suiting up for Team World so they’ve also got some bona fide star power on that roster.  They’re gonna be a team to watch for sure and I can see them winning it all.

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. In the two regular season matchups, each team won once at home. Do you expect the results to reflect a home ice advantage in this series?

Home-ice advantage is no joke and anyone that says otherwise is lying to your face.  The adage that the goal is just to split the away games to start a 7 game series acknowledges that and I firmly believe that it will be the difference maker that puts Buffalo over the defending champs.  I just don’t see NOLA being able to overcome that advantage.

d. What is your favorite name from a player appearing in this series? Why do you like that player's name?

My answer for favorite name and why is incredibly boring so I apologize in advance for what you are about to read.  Before I name names I want to say why I picked who I did.  I have no idea if this is the man behind the player, but there is a name on the Specters roster that is identical to a guy I know outside of the SHL.  One of my good buddies is actually named Michael Fox so I’ve gotta go with him as my favorite player name in the finals.

Another boring answer! This one is just as straightforward as the last one I’ve got a clear winner here for what is essentially no reason.  I was born in the year of the monkey and so yeah… Of the choices available I’m gonna go with fox in honor of my buddy Michael Fox.

3 TPE Trivia Verification Word: dibs on winning

Code:
michael scarn had a decent season with the buffalo stampede, tallying 20 goals to go along with 40 assists for the team this season. while scarn had some frustrations with his role on the team throughout the season, you cannot really argue with the production that he put up, ending up with solid production off of the right wing and center. buoyed by the performance of his linemate monkey d. luffy, who was an electric goalscorer, scarn was able to record many assists and had several outstanding performances including a 3 goal and 3 assist game very early on in the season. while scarn had a somewhat disappointing season last season to fall off of the fantasy radar a bit, he was able to reward those who remained faithful to him this season by providing a large number of hits as a forward with the stampede to go with his 60 points.

Code:
the expansion draft is always an interesting time in these leagues. while the draft pools can look quite strong at first glance, you have to bear in mind that there are two teams that are going to split any value that there is in the pool 50/50 so the level of talent available to each team is going to dilute massively compared to if you just looked at the pool from a whole. there are quite a few outstanding players in the pool, including pending free agents theo morgan, bo kane, and michael scarn. these three forwards have potentially 5,000 tpe between the 3 of them so if an expansion team were to be able to secure a commitment from any of these forwards to sign after being selected in expansion, it'd be a massive coup. that said, drafting a free agent is always a risky proposition and therefore teams may be more inclined to select players with contracts like cassius darrow.

Code:
it would be very cool if the shl expanded its franchises internationally across europe. we already have the international federation of something i forgot what iihf stands for exactly but the point is that we already have an existing international segment of the shl, so the actual franchises in the day to day regular season expanding overseas and out of north america would be quite exciting. i think that a russian team based out of moscow would instantly be very attractive to many players, most notably any player of russian nationality. i could in fact see this being the case for many international teams, as players representing that country in iihf could take pride in becoming the star man to lead the nation's franchise counterpart in the shl regular season.

Code:
the edmonton blizzard will feel disappointed to not have made the challenge cup finals this season. after winning the president's trophy in dramatic fashion, tying on points with the buffalo stampede but coming out on top, the blizzard entered the playoffs as the large favorite in the Western conference. However, when their long awaited matchup with the new orleans specters came to fruition at last in the western conference finals, they were beaten handily. with such a strong and deep roster, featuring young sniping forwards like newcomers bo kane and theo morgan as forwards alongside league veterans tony pepperoni and julio tokolosh, the blizzard boasted some of the best forward depth in the league.

Code:
the czechians have had a decent stretch over the past two seasons, winning a silver medal two seasons ago in the IIHF tournament and then winning the bronze medal as of last season. the czechian team, however, will not be satisfied with these consolation prizes as they still have their eyes on the main prize, the gold medal. the team has gone through quite the golden age of players, featuring stars like Luke thomason, alex winters, brady mcintyre, demaricus smythe, and piotr czerkawski leading the team throughout the later half of the Season 40s and into this first half of the Season 50s. Those players are now beginning to age, but still have some fight left in their legs as young guns like michael scarn and aron hernadivic look to make a name for themselves and provide much needed youthful energy to the czechian team. let's hope the czechian team can finally overcome the final hurdles this time and win gold.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?
the buffalo stampede and the new orleans pelicans have come together to hold a fundraiser for charity. what a noble cause! for this charity, the stampede and pelicans have agreed to hold the michael scarn charity rabies awareness 5k marathon for the cure rabies awareness fundraiser event. this fundraiser will consist of a 5,000 mile jog alongside the coast of buffalo all the way down to new orleans, where the race will finally end. this is going to be a really arduous journey for some people, as 5,000 miles is a really long distance. moreover, no water will be allowed to be given to any of the participants in the fun run because rabies causes an irrational fear of water. michael scarn is really going to make sure that he loads up on carbohydrates before the event, ordering pasta from his favorite pizzeria in buffalo, alfredo's pizza kitchen. he is very fast. the teams will mesh well as they try to survive.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Axel had an alright rookie season. Obviously it could have gone better, a -40 isn't ideal for a player trying to build into being a great defensive defenseman, but there were some bright spots on the season for him. Getting a game winning goal was a huge moment and probably surprised everyone, including himself, and showed a flash of the offensive upside that he can have as he grows into the player he hopes to be.The biggest bright spot for Axel was getting over 100 hits on the season, as he wants to show the league that he can be a true physical presence in the league and managing to lay the body that often was a major goal for him as a rookie. He also just managed to get to the hundred shot blocks mark which was another big objective for the season as he really wanted to help his goaltender by reducing the number of shots on goal.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Obviously these are very exciting times for the SHL, as we add two new teams to the league and offer more chances for young players to get to the SHL earlier and get major playing time. The expansion draft will hopefully see some teams lose some talent that is keeping young players down in juniors. I think the main thing we could see is a very interesting expansion draft for the Seattle Argonauts, as it appears they will be able to add a #1 defenseman to their roster right off the bat in Carius Darrow. It would be a big coup for them and will put them in a position to aim for competing in the Western Conference, where they could very well be one of the top 6 teams in the conference. Atlanta I expect to aim for younger players and play the long game for competing in a hyper competitive Eastern Conference.

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Personally, I'm fully against expanding to other continents on Earth or beyond. We have plenty of great options in North America that still aren't represented in the league and huge hockey markets like Pittsburgh or Philadelphia still don't have teams, plus we have so many options in the middle/western areas of the US that still have no real representation, like Las Vegas, Kansas City, Salt Lake City or St. Louis. Going outside of our continent and going to Europe or Asia , for me, wouldn't make sense and would really kind of break any kind of reality we have left.

Quote:4. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I think the best team to not make the finals this season from the SHL or SMJHL has to be the Anchorage Armada. They have probably the most complete defensive corps in the J and pair that with probably the SMJHL MVP in Scoochie Stratton in goal for them. Stratton dominated the regular season setting many SMJHL goalie records and his incredible ability to keep Anchorage in any game through sheer force of will and his skill. They have a younger forward corps, but they drafted well and a lot of those young players are coming into their own as the playoffs were underway.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Another year and another IIHF tournament to get underway. I'll say it again like last offseason, Norway is certainly a team that can surprise as we have a lot of young players growing into their own and many that are now SHL caliber players, especially defensively as we had Axel Meszaros of Toronto and Adam Scianna of Texas both having solid rookie seasons in the SHL. After them, I think Latvia will continue to struggle as they have in the past few seasons. Their roster is weak and realistically they just don't add much to their prospect pool each season, so they really have to hope that what they have will get better. I think the clear contenders for the medal rounds hasn't changed much since last season as I believe that you'll see two of Czechia, USA, or Canada in the finals with maybe a surprise team in the bronze medal match like Norway or Japan.

Quote:13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have stacked defenses - which team do you think has the defensive advantage in this series?
b. In the two regular season matchups, each team won once at home. Do you expect the results to reflect a home ice advantage in this series?
c. Based on FHM player ratings, New Orleans has higher average ratings in bravery, aggression, and fighting? Will that toughness have any impact on this series?
d. What is your favorite name from a player appearing in this series? Why do you like that player's name?

a. While both teams have ludicrously stacked defensive corps, I think I have to give and edge to Buffalo for this series as they have so many great young defenseman in their group and I think they hold an edge over the much older team in New Orleans in that regard.

b. I imagine this will be a seriously tight series, and even if one team gets off to a fast start and wins the first couple of games, I think the other team has enough quality to claw back into the series and take this deep into the seven possible games that could be played.

e. Alright to start, Kirby is not a fucking animal, he's a galactic being designed to fight the dark matter beings hell bent on absorbing the universe. The important part over with I'd say the otter is the cutest and i say that as the originator of the cellyotter into the league's emotes.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Well my friends. Let’s take a quick little look at my base numbers. 3 goals? 10 points? 3/7 in fights? Well I have to say that this season was complete trash. After my team trading a 1st round pick for me I thought they cared. Nope JNH just wanted me to witheraway into nothing on the 4th line. I 100% attribute my terrible season to JNH. Did you know he drafted me to the Chicago team just so I could sit in junior for as long as possible and do nothing?

Then something magical happened. It is not documented very well on paper but… I found out, not through JNH, that I was allowed to gain weight! This completely revolutionized my year. Yes my regular season was terrible but in the playoffs I managed to put on 120lbs and at 300lbs I am undefeated in psychical altercations! I know now that I will do much better next season and win all my fights. (163 words)

The expansion draft is pointless. There are no good players left available and both teams will enjoy being terrible for many years. That is how it will play out. From other team’s perspectives you really see how they feel about having the league succeed in new markets. They could not care less. They want to keep all their toys and let everyone else starve. The only teams that will be happy are teams with General Managers who will take advantage of the situation to let go of problem locker room people without having to actually really address them. Cowards.

Mainly I’m very disappointing with the amount of draft years that are being protected. All prospects are virtually being saved for the existing teams. So all these guys, like me, that are being kept down in juniors by evil Gms do not have a chance to play on the bad expansion teams because the established teams are greedy. (157 Words)

No. The SHL should not expand internationally. It is silly to expand overseas it breaks any sense of realism in the SHL. Actually we should be expanding into the cities where we have SMJHL teams and return to the NWJHL. Only have teams from the NW of North America in junior. Small rural communities. That is the roots of SHL and we should get back to it. Not expand overseas to the predictable places.

Until we have teams in Alberquerque, Baton Rouge (COME ON THE BATON ROUGE RED STICKS), Regina and Salt Lake City…. To name a few…. We cannot leave our continent. (103 words)

The Hamilton Steelhawks. Honestly they have had such a rich history. They consistently challenge for the championship year in and year out. Given this history of success I find it shocking that they do not perennially make the finals. I remember when I was a kid I thought that the whole league would play against eachother to see who faced Hamilton in the finals. Their goalie is very good at stopping pucks they have a quality top four and a dedicated forward core. Plus that ever important winning culture that true championship teams have. All the things you need for a great playoff push! (104 words)

I think that Team World will be a major surprise at the upcoming WJC tournament. Mainly because lots of people are not joining the team this season… which means it will be the Niccolo Livius show. People will be surprised because we will not be terrible. They will see just how valuable a 300lb screening punching machine really is to a team when he is being strangled by management on the fourth line. The management of Team World are classy folk who are dedicated to the cause. Because of this they will use me well and I believe that I Niccolo Livius will lead the Team World in scoring, fights and PIMs. We will do well in the playoffs and everyone will be shocked because they think I can just punch but I can play too! The only thing that will not surprise people is that I will not get very many assists because well… I do not carry the puck or pass really. (Words: 162)

Honestly I would follow me on TikTok. Because I do not post anything on this ridiculous App. I do not even really know what it is. I have an account because it is in my contract now because JNH is a terrible GM who forces unpaid junior players to do media to attract sponsors so he can fund his addiction to purchasing used brony tootoos. Why follow someone who does not post things on a app that rots your brain? Because then you get off faster. Only follow me. It is the secret to not wasting your life. It wasn’t even that good a song. (words: 105)

a. Both of these teams have stacked defenses - which team do you think has the defensive advantage in this series?

Simple that advantage is in favour of the Newfoundland Berzerkers. That is because of Niccolo Livius. Why? He is a forward? This is trivial and does not matter. Livius will fight their D-Men and they will have less D-Men to play. That is why Newfoundland’s d is better, they will actually play. (52 words)

No. I believe that the regular season results do not matter anymore. Niccolo Livius weights 120lbs more than he did in those games. This is the game breaking factor that cannot be measured in TPE. The other team will simply fall beneath the weight of my fists. Fall and crack on the ice like cheap IKEA furniture. (57 words)

c. Based on FHM player ratings, New Orleans has higher average ratings in bravery, aggression, and fighting? Will that toughness have any impact on this series?

The problem for New Orleans is that they do not have the bravest, most aggressive best fighter in the series. That is me. Yes it will matter because they think they are brave. They will try to fight me. They will try to challenge me in front of their goalie. All that will be left is their bones for the carrion birds to pick at. Silly question. (67 words)

Niccolo Livius. It is my name. Niccolo for the great diplomat and political advisor Niccolo Machiavelli. He knew that a true prince needed to constantly be training for combat. To be a strong leader you had to fight. I fight. My namesake is stronger than the namesakes of all others that is why it is the best. If you do not like the best you are silly. (67 words)

Niccolo Livius is the only real animal in this series. He fights and draws blood. He is the true animal. He stands in front of the goalie. They cannot move him. If they try… he defends his territory like a viscous animal. Those things you speak of are not animals they are play things. The real animal is Niccolo Livius. (60 words)

[Image: livius.gif]

09-04-2020, 04:37 PMbbp Wrote: 1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Well my friends. Let’s take a quick little look at my base numbers. 3 goals? 10 points? 3/7 in fights? Well I have to say that this season was complete trash. After my team trading a 1st round pick for me I thought they cared. Nope JNH just wanted me to witheraway into nothing on the 4th line. I 100% attribute my terrible season to JNH. Did you know he drafted me to the Chicago team just so I could sit in junior for as long as possible and do nothing?

Then something magical happened. It is not documented very well on paper but… I found out, not through JNH, that I was allowed to gain weight! This completely revolutionized my year. Yes my regular season was terrible but in the playoffs I managed to put on 120lbs and at 300lbs I am undefeated in psychical altercations! I know now that I will do much better next season and win all my fights.  (163 words)

The expansion draft is pointless. There are no good players left available and both teams will enjoy being terrible for many years. That is how it will play out. From other team’s perspectives you really see how they feel about having the league succeed in new markets. They could not care less. They want to keep all their toys and let everyone else starve. The only teams that will be happy are teams with General Managers who will take advantage of the situation to let go of problem locker room people without having to actually really address them. Cowards.

Mainly I’m very disappointing with the amount of draft years that are being protected. All prospects are virtually being saved for the existing teams. So all these guys, like me, that are being kept down in juniors by evil Gms do not have a chance to play on the bad expansion teams because the established teams are greedy. (157 Words)

No. The SHL should not expand internationally. It is silly to expand overseas it breaks any sense of realism in the SHL. Actually we should be expanding into the cities where we have SMJHL teams and return to the NWJHL. Only have teams from the NW of North America in junior. Small rural communities. That is the roots of SHL and we should get back to it. Not expand overseas to the predictable places.

Until we have teams in Alberquerque, Baton Rouge (COME ON THE BATON ROUGE RED STICKS), Regina and Salt Lake City…. To name a few…. We cannot leave our continent. (103 words)

The Hamilton Steelhawks. Honestly they have had such a rich history. They consistently challenge for the championship year in and year out. Given this history of success I find it shocking that they do not perennially make the finals. I remember when I was a kid I thought that the whole league would play against eachother to see who faced Hamilton in the finals. Their goalie is very good at stopping pucks they have a quality top four and a dedicated forward core. Plus that ever important winning culture that true championship teams have. All the things you need for a great playoff push! (104 words)

I think that Team World will be a major surprise at the upcoming WJC tournament. Mainly because lots of people are not joining the team this season… which means it will be the Niccolo Livius show. People will be surprised because we will not be terrible. They will see just how valuable a 300lb screening punching machine really is to a team when he is being strangled by management on the fourth line. The management of Team World are classy folk who are dedicated to the cause. Because of this they will use me well and I believe that I Niccolo Livius will lead the Team World in scoring, fights and PIMs. We will do well in the playoffs and everyone will be shocked because they think I can just punch but I can play too! The only thing that will not surprise people is that I will not get very many assists because well… I do not carry the puck or pass really. (Words: 162)

Honestly I would follow me on TikTok. Because I do not post anything on this ridiculous App. I do not even really know what it is. I have an account because it is in my contract now because JNH is a terrible GM who forces unpaid junior players to do media to attract sponsors so he can fund his addiction to purchasing used brony tootoos. Why follow someone who does not post things on a app that rots your brain? Because then you get off faster. Only follow me. It is the secret to not wasting your life. It wasn’t even that good a song. (words: 105)

Simple that advantage is in favour of the Newfoundland Berzerkers. That is because of Niccolo Livius. Why? He is a forward? This is trivial and does not matter. Livius will fight their D-Men and they will have less D-Men to play. That is why Newfoundland’s d is better, they will actually play. (52 words)

No. I believe that the regular season results do not matter anymore. Niccolo Livius weights 120lbs more than he did in those games. This is the game breaking factor that cannot be measured in TPE. The other team will simply fall beneath the weight of my fists. Fall and crack on the ice like cheap IKEA furniture. (57 words)

The problem for New Orleans is that they do not have the bravest, most aggressive best fighter in the series. That is me. Yes it will matter because they think they are brave. They will try to fight me. They will try to challenge me in front of their goalie. All that will be left is their bones for the carrion birds to pick at. Silly question. (67 words)

Niccolo Livius. It is my name. Niccolo for the great diplomat and political advisor Niccolo Machiavelli. He knew that a true prince needed to constantly be training for combat. To be a strong leader you had to fight. I fight. My namesake is stronger than the namesakes of all others that is why it is the best. If you do not like the best you are silly. (67 words)

Niccolo Livius is the only real animal in this series. He fights and draws blood. He is the true animal. He stands in front of the goalie. They cannot move him. If they try… he defends his territory like a viscous animal. Those things you speak of are not animals they are play things. The real animal is Niccolo Livius. (60 words)

@JNH

[Image: livius.gif]