Create Account

Petrov Draft and Where they Went

2x Media pls

As we take another look at the Petrov Brothers, we will see where each of them were valued coming into the draft this season. There were rumors circling about multiple brothers going in the first round, all right around each other, with Vladmir going #2, Slava going #5 and Teylora going #6. Then rumors had Vladmir dropping to 10, Teylora going #2 and Slava staying right in the middle at 5. Then one of the last rumors that spread before the draft happened was Teylora 2, Slava and Vladmir going 4/5. There were so many variables that were going into play coming into the SHL Draft for Season 56, we finally got to let the dust settle and see where everyone ended up going now. I will be listing all of these Players Drafted TPE Totals, which might be off, since well, I think some have been updated right before or right after the draft. We will see!

With the Sixth Pick of the Season 56 Draft, The Tampa Bay Barracuda Select – Vladmir Petrov, Forward from The Anchorage Armada. (Drafted TPE – 316)

Vladmir was the first off the board going at #6 to Tampa Bay, where they had just also drafted Aleksander Kozlov with the First Overall Pick. The Rumors shot Vladmir anywhere between 2 to 10 and I honestly had no idea where I was going to go. There were a lot of things that could go either way and I could honestly see myself falling far, which would have been a bit of a disappointment, but it is what it is. Vladmir brings a very balanced approach to the ice, with all his Phsyical Ratings stand all at least 10, with some going up to 11. (Except fighting because fuck fighting.) His Offensive Ratings are all 10+ as well, while his defense has a few that he hasn’t even really worked on, such as positioning and faceoffs. Vladmir does not really excel at anything, but he does have everything pretty much to a T of balanced-ness. Expect Vladmir to be capped going into the regular season with Anchorage, as he continues to grind his way to the top of his draft class. Vladmir has a lot of goals set out for himself, and he is hoping to show the world why he was worth the #6 overall pick for the Tampa Bay Barracuda.

With the Eleventh Pick of the Season 56 Draft, the Texas Renegades Select – Slava Petrov, Forward from The Anchorage Armada. (Drafted TPE – 307)

Slava, Vladmir’s running mate this past season, was the next Petrov taken off the board. He fell to the Eleventh Spot in the draft, but Texas knows what they are doing. While Slava’s Offense has always been a key proponent of his game, his screening ability is lacking, majorly. His Range is a little bit worse off, but overall, he is an offensive machine. His Defense has also been a bit of a issue, lacking in some areas, as he does not really stick check or hit as well as some of his brothers, but overall he is easily the fastest and most physically talented of all of them so far. Slava knows how to move on that ice and avoid opposing players, so look for more of that in Texas. Slava will also be another player that will be capped coming into this next season for the Anchorage Armada, so it looks like he is on the up and up as well. Texas got a good prospect in Slava, outside of the fact that he is probably the poorest Petrov that there is in the SHL. Hopefully he can get a good contract out of Texas and get some more words in so that he can get paid and get on the same level as the rest of his brothers. You broke bastard. @ckroyal92

With the Fourteenth Pick of the Season 56 Draft, The New England Wolfpack Select – Teylora Petrov, Defenseman from The Quebec City Citadelles (Drafted TPE – 342)

If you ever wanted a Defensive Defenseman, this is what you get with Teylora. Teylora’s Offense has always been lacking, shown by the numbers given to us. The lack of Shooting Accuracy and Range hurt, as well as the Lower Passing and Getting Open. The Offensive Read and Puck handling are pretty good though, for what it is worth. What Teylora can do though, will amaze you. Already a capped Defenseman for Quebec City, Teylora continues to amaze with his defensive abilities. He has one poor defensive stat, which is faceoffs, but do you ever see a defenseman taking faceoffs? Exactly. Shot Blocking is his weak point, but it sits at 10 so its not that bad, and everything else he just does so amazingly well. Also, while he may not be the fastest on his skates, he does very well in his physical skillset overall as well, and New England got a very valuable pick here at 14. Some would say he could be a steal for falling so far. Expect to see Teylora dominating the minors, as he will be capped this season, and to help the Wolfpack for years to come. @panda

With the Thirty Sixth Pick of the Season 56 Draft, The Tampa Bay Barracdua Select – Boris Petrov, Defenseman from The Quebec City Citadelles (Drafted TPE – 296)

Ah, yes, the great Boris Petrov. He is the first brother to join one of his other brothers in the big leagues, joining Vladmir Petrov in Tampa Bay. A monster on the ice, he lead the Minors in Penalty Minutes, Hits, and Fights, along with Fights Won, by a large margin. As you can see where this is going, Boris is a fucking GOON. There is no other way around it. Boris, offensively, can handle the puck decently and screen decently well, and he has a decent pass. Defensively, he does it all pretty well, outside of faceoffs. Physically, he is a demon. With a staggering 15 speed already, and his fighting up to 14, he comes flying at his opponents and decimates them. Boris is a man among children and I for one am so happy he is on my team, just so I don’t have to get hit by him in games. Boris looks for blood, and by god, he will get it from someone one way or another. @LimJahey

With the Forty Fifth Pick of the Season 56 Draft, The New England Wolfpack Select – Mikhael Petrov, Defenseman from The Kelowna Knights. (Drafted TPE – 258)

Another defenseman gone, and yet another brother teamed up with another brother. Look for Mikhael and Teylora to be playing alongside each other for quite some time in the future. Another Defensive Defenseman, even more so then his brother Teylora. If we thought Teylora had no offensive capabilities, Mikhael has negative abilities on the offensive side of things. Yeah, he can screen decently well, and can handle the puck okay, but that’s about it. He really shines on the defensive side, and is quite aggressive to boot as well. Mikhael is another one who, while he does most of everything, updates in large chunks, so expect to see him also capped by the time the Minors rolls around again. We all expect big things from Mikhael and I hope we get to see these things happening come soon. We all have high hopes for you, @to12143

With the Fifty Second Pick of the Season 56 Draft, The Edmonton Blizzard Select – Rikki Petrov, Center from The Vancouver Whalers (Drafted TPE – 286)

The Last Petrov drafted, but not the last Petrov in our hearts, Rikki fell probably the furthest, to the end of the Third Round. The only Center of the bunch, with such a high passing, that is his job. He gets his teammates the puck, well, whenever he needs to. Rikki is A defensive Center, with a beautiful touch on the ice, that I am genuinely shocked that he fell so far. Some people would say, his agent, @AndrewWarren13 could be an issue, but I’ve never had an issue with him. Some would also say that he is the most controversial Petrov taken, and I guess that could be the case. Rikki boasts some middle of the pack Physical Ratings as well, but overall, he’s here to get the puck back defensively and find the holes to get the puck to his teammates to score. I love when players set up to be assist minded first, it just makes everything so much better.

The Last Petrov we have, who was sadly not drafted, is Bobov Petrov. He has tried as he might, and his agent, @indonesianhusker is a wonderful person. He is a bit lacking in all aspects of the game, and only has 172 TPE, but that doesn’t mean he is inactive. Well, I guess technically some people look at it that way, and that’s fine, but he’s still under the radar, and any team would be lucky to bring such a great person into their Locker Room. I believe that once he gets this league down a bit more, he will be back to earning at a better, faster pace, and people will realize what a steal he would be.

All in all, every Petrov is unique in their own way. Everyone, in my opinion, brings something great to a locker room, and is an invaluable member of the team that they have been drafted to, or well undrafted to. The Petrovs are just a group of amazing individuals and all who have some sort of goal in mind with their players. I have been lucky to know most of these guys for multiple years, and hope to know them for multiple years to come. I can not wait to look back at this draft in a few seasons and do a “Where are they now” sort of thing, and hope that all of my buddies are still active, still kicking, and by that time we would be owning the league, one Petrov at a time. I have had a pleasure writing about all of us, and I hope you all have had a pleasure reading a little bit more about the Petrovs, and where they fell.

(1705 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

cuda petrovs best petrovs

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

09-15-2020, 03:20 PMtrella Wrote: cuda petrovs best petrovs
[Image: WildRespectfulHammerkop-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3