Create Account

S56 mPT #2 - Behind the Player Name

I really just wanted something typically Swedish but not too common. Sven was the obvious choice for the first name since that's the stereotypical Swedish name. Also, my fiancée loves it for some reason. Asking that we should get a dog and name it Sven. For the last name I didn't want a real last name. I was looking for idioms and other fun sources. And well, here's the origin of "Yxskaft": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Good_da...handle!%22

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

So this one day I went to sign up for a site called SHL, I had a user name, but I needed a player name. So I Googled alliteration name generator. Very interesting story right.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Well let's go for it. Jax is named Aittokallio due to the other ones I've had named Aittokallio, so I'll start at Jakub and work my way from there. Jakub Aittokallio was so named after a goaltending prospect for my favorite team the Colorado Avalanche, Sami Aittokallio. We used to do twitter in threads, and I don't remember who it was but it was like RED or someone who "tweeted" me within a couple weeks of me creating Jakub about Sami passing out on the ice in his NHL debut, which ended up being his only game I believe.

He was named Jakub because it's a name I have always liked and wanted to name a child of mine, plus I have a thing for J names (that's for a whole other reason, my whole family is all J names from me Josh to my dad and brother being Jeff to a cousin Justin another cousin Jennifer, so on). Unfortunately, Kayla said no to that name. So when I recreated from Jakub, Kayla and I talked about a name we would want to use for a child and chose Jason. Later down the line, I recreated to Jax and the same happened. I asked Kayla to give me a name she likes for a kid and she likes Jax. Since then a cousin of mine has named their kid Jax, so this will be the only Jax in my family, but keep an eye out, another J-name will be on the way.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 09:51 PM by Steelhead77.)

Esa Parmborg is a name that I derived from my love of parm and the fact that I wanted this player to be a complete machine, dominating at both ends of the ice. Plus it just sounded great together, striking fear in opponents. Like half parm half man half machine. I realize that's three halves and doesn't exactly add up but you get the point. I've enjoyed the name.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

my player is named after famous actor jason desroulex. he appeared in feature films such as jurrassic park and bear in the big blue house. love to represent this him

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Otters have been my favorite animal since I was about 10 years old (river otters - not sea otters) so I thought that'd be cool to work in. "van Otter" is just something I came up with when I had the "create a player" page pulled up, basically because I thought it sounded cooler than just "otter." "Eko" again is basically just because I think it sounds cool. It's somewhat of an homage to Mr. Eko, one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite tv shows, Lost, but it wasn't a strong association. mostly because it sounds cool

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

10-05-2020, 08:53 AMTheSparkyDee Wrote: TheSparkyDee is my nickname I was given when I was a young boy, playing football in America. My now sister in law gave me that name because I was full of energy, very SPARKY!  Falcons Jets

player name, @TheSparkyDee, not username!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

for those on the site who dont really know me... hi, my name is Dave.
David, Dave, whatever, you get where the first name for David Kastrba comes from.
upon creating my player i looked into the whole “birthplace” thing and decided i wanted a better shot at making a WJC team sooner than later. so i thought hey, David Pastrnak is Czech... hes pretty great... so i picked the nation of Czechoslovakia and mixed my actual last name with Pasta’s to create Kastrba. only had to change one letter and omit one other.

10-06-2020, 10:27 PMhotdog Wrote: Otters have been my favorite animal since I was about 10 years old (river otters - not sea otters) so I thought that'd be cool to work in. "van Otter" is just something I came up with when I had the "create a player" page pulled up, basically because I thought it sounded cooler than just "otter." "Eko" again is basically just because I think it sounds cool. It's somewhat of an homage to Mr. Eko, one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite tv shows, Lost, but it wasn't a strong association. mostly because it sounds cool

the fact that your initials EVO mean nothing and that Emeka Valentine-Okoli wasnt recruited by you really screws up everything i ever thought about the topic.

My answer is literally the same as the referenced mPT here, but I'll try to go into a little more detail: In reference to the previous post's quote
Quote:I believe it was because of the player's impish stature that the name came up.
This caused some confusion in that most people don't know what a "Tokolosh" is (including me at the time of the original creation). A tokolosh or tokoloshe is an evil African spirit. It is frequently blamed for general buggery, but its realistic origin (for those who don't believe in ghosts and spirits) is that people would die in the night because their beds were on the ground and the fires in their houses/huts/lean-to's would not be able to vent out the smoke, and the people would suffocate in their sleep. to Defeat the "tokolosh" you must put blocks under your bed for good luck or something, but really its just to get your breathing stream out of the smoke.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

I'm sure the origin of Collin Gibbles name isn't terribly hard to sus out for most people but it has two easy to identify components. Collin is my name IRL and I figured if I was making a player that I would want to be, using my own first name would be a good idea. Gibbles aside from being part of my username, is also m nickname from high school that was invented because the teachers and my friends could never pronounce my real last name correctly. So that seemed like an easy substitute for using my last name and getting doxxed. Not that it would be hard to find me anyways since I used the same username in many places.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I wanted to make my new guy Russian but at the same time I didn't want a super complicated looking name for him that people couldn't read. So I went with Aleksander for the first name since it is very common but spelled the Russian way, and just looked at a list of Russian last names and thought Kozlov sounded good.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 04:59 AM by Emiko.)

Emiko Spector is the name of a character i made for a game that i am making.
I decided to use this player as she's the only character that i had at the time that was a tall and athletic person.
I also had her as a goalie in the game i am making so i thought it made perfect sense.

Now, the interesting thing is that Emiko Spector is the child of a person named after two of my favourite game and TV people.
Her Father is called Phoenix Spector which is a combonation of Phoenix Wright from ace attorney and Harvey Spector from Suits.
When creating the character she was made for a small college project where i made an ace attorney like game.

My real life name is Emi so there's also that connection.

No crazy personal significance for this players name I created, just more or less that I love 3 part names as they sound super fancy (and being an edmonton fan, gotta love me some RNH), and I have always had an secret love for Denmark in general.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Both of my players on the site have been named after characters from shitty stories that I wrote as a kid. Franklin Trey (my first player) was a boxer who robbed banks. Colin Lambert was -and I'm not kidding- starring in the classic story about a hobo who played junior hockey...

I wasn't the brightest kid.

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]