Create Account

S56 mPT #2 - Behind the Player Name

When creating back in feb, QMJHL star Alexis Lafreniere was projected or not to go #1 overall in NHL draft. Myself being from Quebec thought why not emulate the next top star coming out of this province. So born was Daniel LaForest! My render was Lafreniere the first couple weeks then changed it to Jagr. Might change back, IDK.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

well the bork meme was a big deal in the Pride/Admirals discord for many moons and when it came time for me to recreate (as co-gm) knowing we needed D and Ray Bourque was okay i guess in the nhl so boom ray bork

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

my real name is Anrijs and Asts is a short version of my real last name. it's pretty simple and obvious. i couldn't think of any other name, to be honest.

[Image: QqjQFxx.png]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

10-07-2020, 01:16 AMhewasajazzman Wrote:
10-06-2020, 10:27 PMhotdog Wrote: Otters have been my favorite animal since I was about 10 years old (river otters - not sea otters) so I thought that'd be cool to work in. "van Otter" is just something I came up with when I had the "create a player" page pulled up, basically because I thought it sounded cooler than just "otter." "Eko" again is basically just because I think it sounds cool. It's somewhat of an homage to Mr. Eko, one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite tv shows, Lost, but it wasn't a strong association. mostly because it sounds cool

the fact that your initials EVO mean nothing and that Emeka Valentine-Okoli wasnt recruited by you really screws up everything i ever thought about the topic.

just a coincidence, sorry to disappoint!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

"Tegernakô" is a song by my favorite band, Swiss folk metal ensemble Eluveitie (which also explains my nationality.) Chrigel is the name of my father in my PTs, but it's also taken from Eluveitie's singer, flutist and composer's first name, Chrigel Glanzmann.

Markus was the nickname my mother gave me when I was studying the Roman Empire back in high school and reciting the Emperors' names. I could have gone for my usual nickname, "Marco", but I felt like the rhyme would be too... "cheesy". Boy, was I wrong. I should've called my player Marco Tegernako, now that I think of it!

(114 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

I used a random name generator and got three choices. I picked Adam Friedland because it sounded so cool. I could only picture him as a varsity jacket wearing D1 athlete with frosted tips. However, it's come to my attention that this is the name of a stand up comedian. He has a racist podcast called pee town or something. I may dox myself and use my real name for my next player.

Yeah so I literally just mashed together the first and last names of two German soccer players - Manuel Neuer and Mario Gotze respectively - to create a German hockey player name. Maybe if I had known that I was going to keep this player for a really freaking long time I would've put more thought into the process, but alas.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

I had been watching some Most Extreme Challenge re runs on youtube and always thought the reporter Guy LeDousch had a funny name.  That made me decide on Guy for the first name and the last was just a randomly sounding Irish name since that is where my player is from.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

PBJ Souppan is obviously a parody name on the infamous PK Subban. Subban is also my official player render – mostly because I think he’s a ‘beaut. He’s a defenseman whose offensive talents get him in some trouble defensively, and that’s really what my player is all about. All or nothing for PBJ

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

My real name is Mackenzie but my friends call my Mack and my kids call me Daddy. Using all the creativity I could muster I came up with this: Mack Daddy.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

For whatever reason in every sim league i’m in I like to combine rappers real names (to an extent) for my player names. For this player SLATT comes from the term “Slime love all the time” which is idk how to even explain it but it’s kinda like an Atlanta rapper thing. And Potts is the last name of NLE Choppa.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

First_Name Last-Name... behind the player name! Well, honestly this is a question for my parents... I think when filling out my birth certificate, they took it a little too literally...

[Image: gurbs.gif]

This is my second player, my first was based off of my username so I decided my second should fit the theme. Tony Pepperoni is a rhyming first-name last-name combo involving a meat so it seemed like an obvious choice.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Took a Philosophy class and I thought the name Kierkegaard sounded pretty cool. Also been wanting to use the Name Elias for players in sim leagues so I finally just put the two together.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

As you may have pieced together from my mostly seasonal draft pieces I have a thing for anagrams and my player name is proof. It’s just an anagram of my name no deep reason behind it or anything.

(38)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]