Create Account

S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub

ISFL PT

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

First and first-mostly, it's humbling to see how many Edmonton Blizzard players have that beautiful blue streak through their name on the spreadsheet (thats the wordcount way of typing "in the Hall of Fame"). I don't believe Tokolosh has the legacy power to get there or have his number retired, bt getting to overlap with some of those guys is pretty cool.
One name that jumped out that tickles my Edmonton pride yet isn't celebrated in the hall of fame yet is Joseph Lombardi @bluesfan55 who had a journeyman career and scored seemingly a million goals in every arena that he called home. He was a great addition to the Edmonton locker room and really played the role of X-factor on and off the ice. Great simon T intangibles meant that Lombo could be plugged into any spot on the lineup, and was also present in the locker room when Patrick Maroon won his first ring in the past 2 years. Sorry, Trella. While those might not be statistics or anecdotes that the hall of fame committee is looking for, it's made him a great player to watch and root for. Lombo for the Hall!

*** side note: make the "season" column "seasons". I thought it was draft season, instead of seasons active.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

I am pretty new to the league and don‘t know many players, so talking about why a player didn‘t make the Hall of Fame is a bit hard for me. When looking at some career stats I wonder why Trevor Wilson didn‘t make it to the Hall of Fame so far, but maybe it‘s just the case he‘s a first year nominee this season. As I said, I have absolutely no insight on this topic. But his statline reads like he definitely should make it. He played exactly 1000 games in the league, which is good in terms of longevity. He scored 341 goals, which is a lot more than many others on the list. His 412 assists seem to be around average of a HOF player. This makes it 753 overall points scored in his career, which is place 27 league wide in history. Seeing that players made the HOF down to around rank 50 in points with about 650, it would be weird not seeing him in. Get this man to the HOF, he deserves it.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

So I'm fairly new to the league, currently in my 2nd season, so I dont have that extensive of past knowledge, so I'm going to pick a favorite veteran user of mine and make a case for why one of his players belongs in the HOF. Noctis Caelum was a defensemen created by the user @Andy for the S32 class. He would begin his career for Prince George Firebirds (my hometown btw), after being a 1st round selection 4th overall in the S31 SMJHL entry draft and go on to have as he would describe "a rather abysmal season" but would go on to be a huge part of the team in his second season where he ended up with 37 points and a selected for the S32 SMJHL All star team. During the S32 SHL entry draft Noctis was drafted at the top of the 2nd round 15th overall by the Portland Admirals. However before he could suit up for them he was traded to the Minnesota Chiefs, which was the team his previous player had won a challenge cup with so there was excitement with the move. Throughout his career the defensemen acquired 333 points and won 2 challenge cups, one as a member of the S39 Minnesota Chiefs and one final one as a member of the S43 West Kendall Platoon in the last season of his career.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

ISFL PT3 Username: PMoney

PBE PT Affiliate

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I'm fairly new to the SHL and thus not that familiar yet with the legends of the past versus the ones whose names I see every night on the game sim screens and stat sheets, so the provided list certainly came in handy. What immediately caught my eye was that the highest career scoring woman to play in the SHL is not yet inducted to the SHL Hall of Fame. I am talking, of course, about long-time Los Angeles Panthers right wing Sophia Bennett.

The diminutive but speedy sniper was drafted 2nd overall to the SMJHL prior to Season 34. She won the SMJHL rookie of the year award and her 37 point debut was good enough to get her drafted to the SHL 6th overall by the Los Angeles Panthers the following spring.

After another two seasons with Vancouver in the SMJHL, scoring 37 and 41 points respectively, she took to the grand SHL stage for season 37. Taking a few years to really grow into top SHL form, she hit her proper stride in season 40, going on to steadily  score at least 49 points in the next 8 seasons. While her pace slowed a bit after that run, she still kept producing at a respectable level of around 40 points a season for another 4 seasons before retiring after season 52 as the all-time points leader for women in the SHL with 780, currently good for 23rd overall in league history! While she did not manage to win an SHL championship, she did help bring the Four-Star Cup to Vancouver in her sophomore season and gained a trio of medals for Canada in consecutive IIHF tournaments from season 38 to season 40. She also won the Jay McDonald award for most goals scored in season 43. I think these achievements certainly deserve her enshrinement in the SHL Hall of Fame, as her fabulous career keeps motivating girls of all ages and interests to follow their dreams and let nothing stop them from becoming the best of best in whatever they love to do.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

I don't think anyone will argue that when Robert Phelps decides to hang up his skates after his long career, he will be a first ballot hall of famer.  If you look at just about any stat category, he is among the greatest of all time and he has played in less seasons than many of the people around him that he has a chance to pass before his career is over.  Sitting just shy of 1000 points, a feat that only three players in the history of the game have achieved, shows the kind of player that he is.  Huge goal totals and assist totals with a healthy plus 196 for his career is very impressive.  He was a creator on the offensive side and also responsible on the defensive side.  He has had an amazing run and will definitely get voted in as soon as he retires there is no doubt in my mind at all.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

One players who is in the hall of fame that I don't think should be there is Willie Weber. Weber was inducted in S32 and played against my first player in the league for most of his craeer. While Weber was a part of a few Challenge Cup winning teams, I am of the opinion that he only had a few solid seasons and was not consistently strong enough to earn a spot in the hall of fame. He never really emerged as more than a 2nd team all star, and all three of his 2nd team all star appearances were in the latter half of his career. His only early career moment of note was that he was nominated for the Jesster Trophy in his rookie season, S9. After that however, he disappearing until the mid teens of seasons, as he accrued a few all star team mentions towards the middle and end of his career. I don;t think he really provided "greatness" enough to be included in the hall of fame. Was he a good player? Yeah, sure. But I think the standard for hall of fame players should be higher.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

I don't even know the name of a single retired player, let alone being able to tell you why he should or shouldn't be in the hall of fame. So I'll say this, whoever that guy is who scored a lot of goals, made a lot of good plays and was overall a good lad, he should be in the hall of fame. And screw all those naysayers saying he shouldn't be in them, haters gonna hate right?

My man deserves to be in, I mean, look at all these accomplishments, all the goals, all the cups he probably has or hasn't won. My dude has to have some sort of individual awards too, so why isn't he in the hall already?

Seriously, fix that stuff league. Get him in the hall and maybe people are gonna stop thinking this whole thing's a joke...

Ok that's 150? Cool....

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

corey bearss represents a class of player who deserves more recognition from the hall of fame committee. with a +220, corey bearss has the third highest career +/- in the history of the league. while he wasn't the most prolific scorer in the top 50, he put together almost 1400 hits with under 400 penalty minutes, while playing a ton of penalty kill time and scoring shorthanded points at an elite level over his career. he made those defensive accomplishments while scoring 675 points in 900 games, and on top of all that he did it from left wing. we expect these types of two-way players at center, where you're expected to play both sides, but for a winger to perform at this level transcended the league's expectations and paved the way for two-way players like viktor marius, who is a potential future hall of famer in precisely the same mold. we should celebrate the two-way forwards and recognize corey bearss as a true hall of fame winger.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: lespoils.gif]

I have to imagine its only a matter of time before Joe Kurczewski is nominated into the Hall of Fame and it almost certainly will be a slam dunk decision to elect this man in. Joe didn’t just win one or two Challenge Cups, but 5 of them. Three with Calgary, one with Edmonton, and one with New Orleans. The fact that he was able to win championships with 3 different teams is impressive to me.

Looking at Joe’s personal stats, he has played 6th most games all time across 24 seasons in the league amassing 6th most points all time putting up a pretty impressive .822ppg. Some look at +/- as a team stat but sits 3rd all time with an insane +241. He wasn’t afraid to be physically either putting up the 10th most hits in league history while relatively managing to stay out of the penalty box. Add in the fact that he was captain for parts of his career, you’d be foolish to not give this guy your vote.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

This one technically isn't a snub, as they are not even eligible for the HOF yet, but I am going to argue that Flacko Lagerfield deserves to get into the HOF. The recently retired crodie currently holds the records for most points in a season ever, and held the record for most goals in a season before Theo Morgan broke the record recently. To add to that, he is almost ppg in his career, with 619 points in 650 games. In terms of career hardware, he won 3 Khan's, 2 Mexicos and a Richan, along with 2 Challenge Cups. On the career stats alone, Lagerfield deserves to get into the hall. Add on a trophy case that is one of the best ever, and we should be looking at a first ballot lock. The only thing holding Lagerfield back in my opinion is his longevity. With only 13 seasons played, he is defiantly on the lower end of the scale in terms of HOF inductees. Especially when we see more and more nominees reaching 900-1000 GP. Ulitmatly his efficiency should override any concerns that Flacko didn't stick around. [188 words]

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

[Image: KJzhOEe.png]

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me