Create Account

S57 PT #1 - Attributes Off The Ice

With out a doubt, I think that the attribute of Getting Open would translate best off the ice. Getting open means to find yourself a great spot for your teammates. Off the ice, this can be applied in many aspects of life such as making space and getting yourself ready to hang out with friends, making yourself available to complete tasks at work, and most importantly, being open to others and listening to them. As you can see getting open can be very useful off the ice.

Following closely behind Getting Open, I think that Bravery is very important off the ice as well. This translates into being more willing to try unfamiliar things and face new challenges that you may have not seen before. This can then lead to learning from those experiences, which is very similar to the on-ice usage where you put yourself in riskier situations and lean from those experiences as well. 

Lastly, there's offensive and defensive read. Whether you're reading offensively by picking up a book, or defensively by listening to an audio book. Books are great in killing time and learning.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Cal's stats would make him a great editor-in-chief.

Not only do his 15 points in defensive read and 14 points in checking make him really good at fact checking, spelling and grammar, it also helps him evaluate the journalistic relevance and objectivity of articles. His offensive read helps him reject writing that's plagiarized, ghostwritten or offensive to readers or minorities, threading the fine line of acceptability. His stamina of 16 helps him stay up late, and work around the clock to make sure articles are published before their deadline, while his high scores for balance and puckhandling help him multitask and balance all the tasks and assignments with his private life as well. Due to his high getting open stat, his co-workers and freelancers can always reach him when he is needed and his low hitting, fighting and agression stats, five each, make him approachable, and fun guy to work with.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 06:26 AM by Ronniewalker.)

Lemo is an outdoorsy kind of guy and likes to go hiking and getting open air and taking in the sights of nature in his spare time. He likes to sometimes drive out to the wilderness and park his car somewhere and just head off in some random direction and see where it takes him. He trusts his offensive awareness to lead him to fascinating places and his defensive awareness to keep him from going too deep into places where he might have trouble getting out of on his own. All the while he tries to keep good tabs on his positioning so that he does not get lost along the way. (He does take along a GPS device as well, just to be sure, but prefers to only look at it as a last resort.) Of course he makes use of his balance and agility and strength to hurdle obstacles on his way and as such travails can sometimes last all day (or when the schedule allows it, even several, provided that he has brought along some necessary supplies as well) he also makes good use of his stamina. Constantly checking where he places his foot is an important skill when traversing difficult landscapes, as he cannot afford to injure himself in the middle of nowhere. Here in wintery Alaska in particular, he often utilizes his stickchecking skills to prod the ice coverings on riverbanks and lakes to make sure that they are strong enough to carry him. Sometimes he also carries along a small crossbow that makes use of his shooting accuracy to hunt rabbit or some other small creatures that he can then cook for food over a makeshift bonfire in the evenings or sometimes even bring back home to roast or smoke and dry the meat.

(300 words)

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

I think probably Strength and passing would be a good place to start this. It is kind of ironic that i made Jon forty One an asshole but passing is maxed to 20 and he is kind of a monster assisting machine to help his team mates. If he got that in real life I am sure he would be just a really nice guy all things considered. Strength being super high as well just means he would be quite the strong dude who could fight or lift a lot which would fucking sweet to have I think.

I just wanna say Poke Check could be taken rather lewdy but let's move on. I think puck handling would be the nicest thing to have overall though cause that pretty much is the hand eye co-ordination skill I would say that that can be used for so much stuff like video games, darts, simple tasks around the house and the sky is the limit really. So that one to 20 like Jon has is the coolest I think.

[179 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

A skill that is one of Sven's very best is Checking. And it isn't too surprising that it's a very useful skill to have when it comes to crowded spaces when out and about. Before covid times Sven spent quite a bit of time outdoors. Not hiking or whatnot, but shopping, eating and etc, downtown. And sometimes it can become quite crowded.

One specific example of the usefulness of this skill happened Black Friday of last year. Sven stayed up past midnight to hit up a Best Buy store to get himself a new sound system. Even though he's now very well paid, Sven still enjoys hunting for deals. And staying up late to get a doorbuster deal is part of that. Sven had seen that one of the big deals on sound systems was a 70% discount on a big Bose surround system setup. As soon as the doors opened up he swiftly navigated and pushed, elbowed, and of course checked himself past all other customers to make it to the product he wanted first.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Bravery has helped Vorian Atreides a lot during his career, when he was still young he was never the strongest, but his bravery helped him gain the trust of his father, the titan Agamemnon. Due to his bravery it was decided he would be his successor. While this never happened in the end can be attributed to his defensive read. Due to reading the situation he knew he would be in a lot of trouble and he decided to step away from his fathers legacy. He founded a house of his own that later would grow into an empire throughout the universe. His mind accelerated growth of his house and with the balance he had found in live he learned how to live a happy live. And stamina, well for Vorian Atreides that's no problem, with his life longening implants, he has all the stamina he needs to do whatever he wants. All these attributes also came in handy in the sim and made Vorian into the player he is today.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Considering hockey is played on ice and real life is not, you would think that not much would translate over to the real world as far as skills go.  With that said, there is some common themes that can be helpful in real life.  My player has decent stamina for the TPE level I am at.  Now I could say that it would be helpful if I ever decided to run a marathon but no.  Not here.  It clearly translates to the bedroom as many of the women of Hamilton have found out over the time I have been there.  I will spare everyone the details but it is becoming local legend when it comes to Guy's exploits and prodigious stamina.  I only see this getting more extensive as time goes on as well.  Not to mention that the puck handling skill also contributes the Guy's success in the same area.  Best hands in the area they say. 

Code:
158 words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Reflexes and glove would be great for an everyday life. Think about it, you're walking and your phone drops out of your hand. Steady glove and quick reflexes saves you the hundred or so dollars you'd have to pay to replace it. And with 13 reflexes and gloves. We can assume Tyler doesn't drop his phone often. So that's part one. Mental fortitude is the next big move for every day life. You deal with a lot of stress every day. Between work, bills, driving around people who just assume they own the road. You know what it's like. Wards currently only sitting at 11 but that's not bad. Mental fortitude helps you get through the stresses of everyday life. Helps you focus on what needs to be done rather then worrying about what's gonna happen that's out of your control. Mental stats and physical stats. Each one has it's use. Well maybe but I can't really think of one for poke checking that isn't malicious but hey. They can't all be winners.

Code:
185 words

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

It is amazing how many on ice attributes can translate into off ice skills. When having some good agility on the ice can mean you are able to make some pretty amazing plays on the edges of blades and having some quick feet to make a move or get around a defensive player. Having that agility off the ice can make you one hell of a dancer! This is the case for Nathan who does not shy away from putting those quick feet to work on the dance floor showing off his moves. It has become one of his strategies at the club for finding some ladies! When you combine those quick feet with strength and fighting you don’t need to worry about the classic macho men getting up in your face because you got the skills to defend yourself!  Someone wants to get tough with you that ability to push guys around on the ice is the same as on the street! When you know how to fight with only have two thin blades of steel beneath you fighting someone on solid ground is a cake walk!

WC:188

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Well looking at the fights this past weekend with Mike Tyson and Roy Jones JR aswell as the other fights on that day like Nate Robinson and Badou Jack, I think I know what attributes I would need to have in an off ice bar situation when someone wants to fight me. There are a lot of attributes that translate like Fighting and Strength and Balance and the typical ones likew Stamina or Agility. But looking more closely, I think ones like Getting Open and Offensive and Defensive read would be super important.
Knowing what is going to happen is so important if we are relating this to boxing. Seeing where your opponent is open or seeing if there is a combo of like 2 to the chest and then open him up to get a shot to the head. Or even seeing the combos that the opponent is trying to do to you. Knowing how to defend the body shots without leaving your face too open and making sure you are protected at all times. Thats why I think that the two Reads, Offensive and Defensive, aswell as Getting Open all go hand in hand in a combat sport like Boxing and that is something Kaspars Claude would need to use in a situation like fighting outside of the ice rink.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Metal toughness is without a doubt the most important attribute off the ice for Kyle Murray. He spent most of his rookie season extremely ill, yet still played, electing to show up to practice and games whenever the doctors would clear him to play, because he felt that he owed it to his Kraken teammates and management. He had told himself that the Kraken could have drafted anyone else, yet they chose to draft him and give him a chance, and he would be damned if he wasted that chance given to him. It was a tough rookie season for Kyle, the constant late night doctor visits, the overnight stays at the hospital, the forced changing of eating habits, it all took a toll on him. There were many nights where he wouldn't get even a second of sleep, or some days where he would sit down in the locker room and just mentally and physically breakdown for an hour after a particularly rough practice. Yet, he kept going. and kept pushing, and went on to help the Kraken make a rather deep playoff run. You might ask how Kyle was able to do all of that, and normally I may have told it was all because of his mental toughness, fed from his drive to succeed and be the best, he competitive spirit, and his desire to win, but that is not what I will tell you today. The tale of Kyles mental toughness comes from the Kraken. Day in and day out, Kyle received support from his management and teammates. Constant texts and tweets, team bonding activities, teammates spending time with him at home, and whatever else you can name. He honestly was absolutely floored. He had never received this kind of support before, hardly even from his own family. To get it from a team whom he thought would generally just keep their space, overwhelmed him, and quite honestly brought him to tears, multiple times. He also got lots of support from SHL players, among the likes of Jimmy Wagner and Jimmy Slothface, and the encouragement they gave him the strength to push on. Metal strength is by far the most important off ice skill Kyle could have right now, but it would not be anywhere near as strong without the support he has gotten from his friends and teammates.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

An attribute that helps eko van otter mightily off the ice is agility. being a sexy and cute SHL superstar comes with its perks, including getting hit on very often in public. but eko van otter is dedicated to training and being the best hockey player he can be so he often has to slink away from conversations he doesn't want to be in - agility helps a lot with that effort. Acceleration helps as well, since sometimes people will chase after him to get a chance to take a picture with the superstar - high acceleration helps him get away and stay away. Indeed, these could all be classified under another stat - Getting Open. Among otter's best skills, a great ability to get open means he doesn't have to talk to anyone he doesn't want to talk to. Being an individual with very low aggressiveness and fighting, he isn't one to get into many confrontations, so quickly running away to avoid the situation is an apt strategy.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

After going undrafted in the most recent SHL Entry Draft, Lucas Kaiser spent much of the offseason honing his talents and working on various aspects of his game. Through training with fellow SMJHL players, and SHL draftees, watching countless hours of tape and footage of previously played games, and training with some of the best talents the Kaiser Hockey Foundation can afford, Kaiser has begun to show improvements in certain aspects of his game. These were namely his offensive skills in being able to read the play in the offensive zone (Offensive Read) and working on his passing in order to highlight his playing style as a playmaking defenseman (Passing). Additionally, the youngster has bulked up a bit more, putting on some more muscle, and has shown that a physical side to his game has been slowly developing since his signing last season (Hitting). Lastly, Kaiser's defensive abilities have revolved around trying to tie up the sticks of his opponents, leaving his ability to block shots completely exposed. During his offseason training, he was able to adapt his playing style to a much more grittier playing style (Shot Blocking).

Will these differences matter in the end? No one knows, but the only way to find out is to see which SHL team will take a flyer on the young defenseman.

---221 Words

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

PBE Affiliate (Username: Laser)

Since Sutton has two kids at home any attribute that will help manage and entertain those two would help tremendously. Getting older sucks, so stamina, rebound/recovery would work wonders with being able to keep up with them on the daily basis. They demand a ton of attention and when Sutton isn’t fulfilling his SHL obligations, they are the ones he wants to be with. They are still in the early stages of their life which requires a lot of getting on your hands and knees and crawling around with them. Fun fact about children, they never run out of energy!

To balance both the life of SHL and home, it will require tons of stamina so that Sutton is able to play at his highest level each and every day. Taking hits and blocking shots, and then going home to crawl around with the kids will be physically taxing only to then to have to do it all over again the next day… without being able to recover and heal those bruises, the body wont last.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]