Create Account

S57 PT #4 - Rivalry Week

It’s hard to pick out any other particular teams that I’d see the Berserkers being the rivals of besides the Carolina Kraken. In S54 and S55, the Berserkers and Kraken would face each other in the Conference Finals with the series both times going to 7 games. The winner of each series would go on to win the Cup with Carolina doing so in S54 and Newfoundland claiming the upperhand in S55. In the regular season, both teams would battle each other for the top of the east with Newfoundland taking the title both times in S54 and S55 by a difference of 2 and 1 points respectively. The trend for everything broke in S56 where Carolina was the East champ in the regular season by 3 points and neither team met in the Conference Finals. Regular season record aside, there’s nothing quite like playoff battles to really make the most of it. Vancouver was a favorite in the S56 playoffs but also an underdog without a title for a while whereas Newfoundland was on the decline but still very fresh memories of being a dominant team so there wasn’t much in the way for sparks or history.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

The Quebec City Citadelles are a newer team in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, only having entered the league in their 55th season. Since the Citadelles are a newer team and prior to this season, haven’t been very dominant, there aren't really any strong rivalries with which the team has developed yet. However, now that this season the Quebec City Citadelles are leading the SMJHL with ease, there are teams in the past that have beaten up on Quebec that are now on the receiving end. Oddly enough, one of the teams Quebec has had some tight and rough games with is the Nevada Battle Born. Most of the games between these two teams ends up being pretty chippy, with both teams usually splitting a season series. Despite being in different conferences, and on opposite sides of North America, these two teams have managed to create a small rivalry between themselves. Should these two teams meet in the playoffs, it could get pretty scrappy especially with Quebec City Citadelle Borris Petrov on the ice.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Hamilton has been a top team in the SHL for all the seasons so far in the S50s. Winning the Challenge Cup 3 times over the past 6 seasons as well as appearing in the finals in several more, there has always been an inevitability to meet their fierce rivals in the playoffs. Hailing from the same division, Hamilton’s road to the Challenge Cup inevitably goes through, or is stopped by the Buffalo Stampede. Meeting in every single playoffs since S50. With both franchises building exceptional lineups, they have been fighting for the top spot in the Great Lakes Division for as long back as I have done research for (not too long). To add fuel on top of the fire, Hamilton signed one of the top performers for Buffalo in Michael Scarn in S56, providing a pivotal edge and momentum swing Hamilton needed to best Buffalo for the S56 Challenge Cup.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

The Toronto North Stars haven't been good enough since I've been here to have a true rivalry. I would say the entire Great Lakes division, or maybe the commissioners of the league for not moving us or someone else out of that thunderdome. I guess I'd have to pick one of the other three actual teams in the division. Probably a pretty one sided rivalry right now. How about the Buffalo Stampede? Sure, that sounds good. So the Buffalo Stampede are Toronto's rivals from... way back when I decided just now. They are the next closest to us in win percentage, and therefore, the logical next step for us to hurdle. Unfortunately, they are still contending, as we are just coming out of a rebuild. I imagine the next few seasons will have some interesting story lines as one team attempts to climb the standings and another attempts to hang on to their contention window. The same could be said about any of the teams at the top of the division, but like I said, Buffalo just happens to be the closest one.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

I think that it’s pretty clear that the Newfoundland Berserkers are the Maine Timber’s current rival. Our recent history means that there will be a lot of bad blood between the two organizations. The most significant altercation were in the play-offs within the last two seasons. The first and really the most significant of which when it comes to their rivalry was two seasons ago. Against all expectations, Maine went on a real good run. They knocked out teams that were perceived to be much better then them. They did this all the way to the finals when they encountered the Newfoundland Berserkers. The series wasn’t lopsided at all, with Maine giving a good showing night in and night out but it ultimately ended in the Timbers defeat. The fact that it was such a good series means that the rivialry was that much more intense. Since then, the games between the two teams have been intense and continue to be so to this season.

165 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

This is really a no brainer to say the least. The rival for the Buffalo Stampede is definitely the Hamilton Steelhawks. Both the Buffalo Stampede and the Hamilton Steelhawks have been top teams in the league for as long as I can remember and both are apart of the great lakes division. These teams are always fighting for not only the top spot in that accursed division but the league as a whole. That competitiveness doesn't just stop during the regular season however. There has been countless times where Buffalo and Hamilton have gone head to head in the playoffs. Although I do believe that Hamilton have bested the Buffalo Stampede in most playoff series, it's always a really tight series that goes down to the last games. This is one of the rivalries I would even say that could be considered an all time rivalry here in the SHL, one that will go on for a long ass time. I don't see either team giving up their top spot anytime soon.

I havent really noticed any sort of rivalry here in Chicago, i guess the Hamilton and Buffalo games are pretty hot but i wouldn't call it a rivalry more than us actually being strong teams. Back in LAP it was easy to figure out that New Orleans Specters was the rivalry, back in the Minnesota days it was VERY easy to find out that New England Wolfpack was the rivalry the first half, and the second half it was DEFINITELY the Texas Renegades. But as i said previously, finding a rivalry from my limited time here in Chicago has been hard. But i guess i'm just going to say Hamilton because they've been a powerhouse for so long, and not TPE wise but because of a lot of file work and testing obviously. Buffalo of course being the other way around it seems, where they have been a powerhouse TPE wise with great trading and drafting.

I really can't pick a rivalry, but it would be either of those two.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

If I had to choose a team to be my personal rival, at least at the junior level, it'd have to be the Vancouver Whalers. When I played in the SMJHL before with Kelowna, we were classically trained to hate the Whalers with a blind passion, which is ironic because the first person I really talked to was their GM at the time & not knowing anyone I really thought I'd end up there, but alas this was not the case. Went onto win 2 Four-Star Cups with the Knights & I couldn't be more thrilled with how that stint turned out. Now, I'm in my 2nd trip through juniors & once again find myself in the Pacific Northwest with the Anchorage Armada, rivals of, you guessed it, the Vancouver Whalers. With Vancouver being the reigning champions & Anchorage making a championship push of their own, it's really easy for me to call them my biggest rival yet again. Now, for old time's sake, I have to give a hearty "Fuck the Whalers!"

Code:
176 words

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Aron Hernadivic of the Buffalo Stampede here. We of the Buffalo cult would say we have a number of rivalries ongoing within the league. Buffalo and Calgary have always had distaste for one another going back to the shrimp dragon logo reveal fiasco. NOLA and Buffalo have also been rivals of late, coinciding with NOLA trying to cheese the FHM sim engine in Game 7 of the Finals, a game they ultimately lost even with their cheese. Toronto has had Buffalo’s name in their mouth for some reason lately, surely as a sign of respect I imagine as they are nowhere near our rivals. So has Chicago to be honest, even though they can’t seem to beat us when it matters either. However, Buffalo’s one true rival has been Hamilton. The playoff series between these teams have been world class of late, with these teams meeting late in the playoffs almost every season. This rivalry has been even although Hamilton has been the winner of late, with two FHM Challenge Cups at Buffalo’s expense versus only the one for Buffalo. Again, this season looks to see these two teams face off as they are currently first and second in the league.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

PBE PT (CW)

PBE Welfare

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

When I think of rivals I usually go with the track record. For the Jets they have always been in a division with both the Calgary Dragons and the Edmonton Blizzard. Picking the Jets main rival
between the two is hard but I will have to give it to the Calgary Dragons. Both the Jets and Dragons have both been a part of the league since season 1. Starting all the way back in the first 10 seasons the Dragons lost 3 times in the playoffs against the Jets. The rivalry continued throughout the league's existence with the Jets losing to the Dragons 2 times after that S10 season. In fact the Dragons and Jets met 5 times in the playoffs between S10-S20. Despite the Jets not being as successful recently the rivalry lives on as the Jets are a middle of the pack team who likely must beat the Dragons in order to get to another Challenge cup appearance. Every time they face it gets heated.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

The Atlanta Inferno is a pretty young team, having played only one full season, and are completing their second one currently. So, they don't really have any significant rivals, like older teams do, because we haven't played against other teams enough to develop beef with them. I guess one of our rivals could be the Seattle Argonauts, because they are the other expansion team and they are about as old as us. When we play each other, we're trying to prove who's the better expansion team, so it's kind of a big deal. I guess another rival could be like New England, since we're in the same division and we're pretty much always battling for second place in the division. Finally, I guess we could consider Manhattan a rival too, simply because they are in our division and they're always the team to beat, so we always give our 200% to try to beat them and prove we can be competitive.

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

This is a weird one to answer and I’m honestly not sure. Since I’ve been with Texas we went from really bad to really good and it felt like it happened overnight. When we were bad, it was hard to say who our rivals were. There were only a handful of teams we could actually hang with but when I think of rivalries I think of teams being on the same level. We were not on anyone’s level and some Junior teams probably would have smoke us. But now I’d say there might be a budding rivalry with Los Angeles. We underestimated them quite a bit at the start of the season and they have made some big moves to stay competitive and are actually making the Southwest race a little interesting. While I’d rather we just win the whole thing I have to say it’s more enjoyable when you have to fight it out to the end. While I’m not sure how long they can keep it up, it’s a pretty good fight for the time being.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

the buffalo stampede's biggest rival is gabriel johnson of the hamilton steelhawks aka the cheathawks because he has been controlling the league for over 10 seasons including the seasons that he wasn't even on the site and now that his main henchmen nour harrak has taken over as the supreme overlord of the shl, gabe johnson can now use nour as a puppet to control what goes on in the league similar to vlad poutine in russia with his fake job title. gabriel johnson is a man to be feared by everyone in the shl because he has the smallest manly bits bit the biggest ego of anyone on the site i dont know why anyone would ever try talking to this guy because you can barely understand him over his fake french quebecois accent that he uses to mask his indian accent and horrendously bad breath because he doesnt brush his teeth either

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa