Create Account

S57 PT #5 - 2022

The best team in the SHL in S63 will be the Winnipeg Aurora. They have been building a really good team very quietly, and they will become a force before long. Their timely trades and free agency acquisitions, along with some very strong drafts have helped them to stay competitive. They will no longer be a middle of the pack franchise in S63. Their defense has really improved in S57 and that should continue as they put more emphasis on that side of the ice. The league should no longer sleep on Winnipeg as the seasons progress. They will no longer be just an average team; they should be able to contend for the cup. Look for the SMJHL players Freyja Hellstrom of the Carolina Kraken and Dwayne Gretzky of the Newfoundland Berserkers to be big stars for the Aurora along with the long-time veterans in S63. Winnipeg has an extremely strong management group and they are determined to win it all, sooner than most expect.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2021, 01:42 PM by Julio Tokolosh.)

the 64th season of the SHL is winding down and somehow Hamilton is still in the finals, just like the previous 6 seasons. The "Hamilton Meta" has been established and all teams are just a season or two behind copying their roster structure. Most teams are starting their last push before the majority of the league retires and recreates in order to be in the s69 draft class (thus breaking the SMJHL and SHL structures simultaneously).

But the "best" team will be the Edmonton Sand Lions

In Edmonton, Julio's rotting carcass is on the fourth line (there are 4 lines now) along with 2 inactive players, the same way he started. It is the first season with Tony Pepperoni in the league, but his son, Raul Gabigool, is set to be drafted in the second round, and follow in his daddy's footsteps in Edmonton.

Jean-Paul Boivin will still be the captain and locker room leader, and his graphics signatures will be twice as sexy. Axel Foley, William Hartmann, and Kyle Sutton are going to be at the top of their game and will be leading the league in value and advanced stats.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

At the start of 2020, Buffalo was one of the best teams in the league. At the start of 2021, Buffalo is one of the bets teams in the league. So what will happen in the start of 2022? Buffalo will be one of the best teams in the league and probably the best team in the league if I am being honest. I could say Edmonton but they'll always be below Calgary which sucks for them and I could say Hamilton but they stink of piss so they will not be the best team by then. Plus majority of their star players will be shit by then. Buffalo has a good management and knows how to make trades and draft well so yeah, they are consistently good and will always be good with this management. I could say the Rage because whichever team Austin Roenick is on will be a playoff team because this don has never missed the playoffs so yeah, fun.

[Image: giphy.gif]

It's currently the end of S57 and as we're entering into season 58, there's a bit of a clear path as to who would be top of the league in another 5 to 6 season. The only clear choice is the Tampa Bay Barracuda. You're looking at a team so stacked with S55 to S56 draftees, who won't even be hitting regression at that point, that they had to trade away the first overall pick of the S57 draft. Among those in those classes, are a handful of top earners in their respective classes. Top 20 earners of their class at this point, as long as they stay active, will be around for a while to come and be at their primes. You'll have a core D crew in Lambert, Baranov, DuBolk, Victory all of whom are sitting around, or above 800 TPE so far. Then the forwards, this draft class features TURG TURG, Boris and Vladmir Petrov, Kauppinen, Kozlov who will help fill in an already core of Zoltan, Knight, Fiddler, Fitted. Then with future superstar goalie, Weaver, it's no doubt that the Barracuda will be hitting their peak around S63.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

In the year 2022, there's only one team that has survived the thermonuclear war of S64. The Toronto Cockroaches, led by their formidable coach and GM Cyber-ML. Part man, part robot, part car. Reformed into a new man in the back of a Toronto automotive and AC repair shop.

More realistically, I think it's too hard to speculate who could be on top by then. As we've seen from Toronto these past 14 seasons, there's no telling when a team might end their eternal rebuild. Maybe it'll be Tampa with the gigantic crop of talent they picked up recently. Maybe it'll be Atlanta pulling a NOLA and just going hard in the paint from day one. Maybe it'll be one of the usual suspects like Hamilton or Buffalo, provided Tomen and co can keep picking team's pockets on trades. But if I'm forced to pick, I'll take the homer route and say NOLA.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

I truly believe a that the Nola Specters will get back to being their usual self by the Season 63! I think the steps that Joe has taken to revamp the team and get the right young players will perfectly make them aligned to win in just 5 seasons from now and maybe even earlier. With the recreate of the Management team of Joe and Nicholas, that gives 2 solid core players by the time that season comes around. Connor Hutton, Olli Saarinen Jr. and Bradley Barkov will be top earners by then and should have a solid core of those 5 pieces. Add in some vets like Darnell Johnson and Lyle Odelein if they can fight off regression for a while and you have a solid team to build around.
The Barracuda will be the leaders of the east I am petty sure. With Fitted, Trella, Zoltan Tapalo and Dwight Knight being the major pieces of that team in a while, you have the right pieces and users to build around. Along with them, you have a deep prospect pool that is already in the SHL today and constantly active. With 15 prospects in the system, and most of them being high picks and top earners, they will be a scary team to face. The cap problem might scew them over but they will manage just fine since it is better to have more players than less.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

For me one of the easiest calls would be to say that we are still on top as we are yet to peak and shouldn't have fallen off by s63, but we might be past our absolute peak. Toronto seems like another obivious choise as they are getting close and their peak might fit the timeline better, but Im bit surprised if we don't get some kind of rivalry going on with them as our peaks hit so close to each other. Tampa Bay also looks like they are on good trajectory to be competitor around s63 but they still have so much to go that anything certain is hard to say at this point. And based on what I have seen so far I doubt I can ever really count Calgary, Edmonton or Buffalo out, with special mention going to Hamilton who managed to pull a rebuild/retool during one offseason so why they cpuld do so again in future.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Without doing any in-depth analysis of what the rosters look now and which direction the individual players are going, I'm just going to pick my team with just a gut feeling. I'm going with Tampa Bay Barracuda. They drafted a ton of talent from S53, S54, S55 and S56 players, and by the end of 2021, they should be already very great players for them in the SHL. Out of their S53-S56 players, they already have Topalo and Cuddles from S53 with 1100+ TPE, Knight, Keahi, Panico and Forrester with 800+ TPE from S54. They still have 14 S55 and S56 prospects in the pipeline, many being among the very best of their class. If Tampa plays their cards right, they should have a dominant team for a long time, and they may start to excel sooner than we even think. I think they should already be pretty darn good at the end of 2021, and they definitely have the assets to speed things up even more if they want to.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Buffalo will always and forever be a cup contender until tomen and lee decide to completely smash the legacy they have built thus far. As captain of such an amazing squad i do not personally ever see this happening and buffalo will be at the top for real life years to come. The community that we have built will stand the test of time and everyone that joins our team is quick to buy into our system of excellence and winning and general memeing. 2022 will hopefully be the year that maybe some of the world problems will come to and end, but the buffalo dynasty will never come to and end. Luffy will be in the ripe old age, crawling around the ice if he has too, but raising the cup wearing the green and gold will never get old. Luffy has more in him to help buffalo and they will never stop.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

I think that during the 63 Season, we will see the Toronto North Stars and Tampa Bay Barracuda in the prime of their cup window, provided that their big stars stick around. I think we see the decline of franchises like Buffalo, Calgary and Edmonton. I think Hamilton will stay good because they always find a way to sign big stars, and draft well. And even if they don't draft well, they somehow persuade other teams into giving them their prospects.

I think Baltimore will have a pretty dope first line, now this will likely be within their cup window, but a line of

Nikiforov-Duncan-Raiden
Friedland - Kaleshnikov

Will be pretty cool. Overall though, I think I need to give the crown to TORONTO NORTH STARS. their rebuild has been truthfully underrated compared with Tampa and I think they're building something special. Now it all really depends on the GMing. It will be really interesting to see the league flipped on its head.

I think the Los Angeles Panthers are poised to be a great team at the start of next year. There are some great defensive prospects in the system right now that have a lot of promise and should be able to carry the load of those departing over the next five season or so. There are also a couple of quality forward prospects looking to take the next steps in the upcoming seasons to become main contributors on the team. Additionally, there are some quality draft picks that Los Angeles possesses to nab some more talent for the future. At the top, there is great leadership that has had success at different levels in the past and now has the ability to bring that success to LAP. The only hiccup could be finding a quality goalie to take the reins in the future. This should be able to be accomplished in the next couple of drafts and teams have had success with lower TPE goalies in the past.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

2022 is going to be the year of the Renegade. Perhaps even 2021 will already become known as that as well, but 2022 without a doubt! The Texas Renegades have been building towards a contending team for a while now and are getting ever closer to reaping the rewards in the coming years. With a locker room full of active players for all positions (almost all of whom have already amassed over 1000 tpe), only a few players as yet up for regressions (most notably their current top two wingers Andreas Kvalheim, a season 45 create and Josef Kubinec, a season 47 create) in the coming few seasons and more promising youngsters coming up the pipeline (trio of winger prospects from the Anchorage Armada: Theo Kondos (S55), Slava Petrov and Lemo Pihl (both S56)) their management, both previous and current, have set them up well to rise up to the top eschelon of teams in the near future while also having the potential for keeping them there for a long time to come through trades and other means. With a deep cache of forwards, formidable and still improving defense corps and two great goalies vying for the starter job,  the only thing they will have to  worry about will be cap compliance down the road, but with the way that the team has already been assembled for this coming decade, it looks unlikely that the management would not be able to handle that challenge just as well as the rebuild effort to date. So watch out 2022, the Renes are gonna get you!

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Looking into semi distant future, major team will be Winnipeg Aurora (ex. Winnipeg Jets). Right now they are packed with very good prospects; 4x S57, 3x S56, 5x S55 and 5x S52-S54, that is 17 players in total and S57 SHL draft could even add one or two more. In 5 seasons most of those players will have TPE above 1000 with quite a few close to 1500 TPE or even higher. That will make awesome team with three very competitive lines attacking and defense for many seasons in year 2022 and if some of older players, S48 or older, will manage to get well thru regression that will be icing on cake and very good addition to Aurora locker room. Goalie Strom Chamberlain and his backup Vincent Mietitore will be last massive obstacle for any team trying to beat this new rising Aurora team. [url=https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=101142][/url]Future is looking very bright for Winnipeg Aurora.
Also beautiful logo will help with Aurora getting place they deserve and that is top of SHL.

[Image: Zyhl0FL.png]

ISFL Welfare Username Thor

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]