Create Account

S57 PT #5 - 2022

I think in the next calendar year there's a few teams to watch but I think the one that could end up making the most improvement would be Toronto. Toronto may be the hardest screwed team in SHL history in terms of the division they're in and with how stacked the teams in their division are having to compete and play against Chicago/Hamilton/Buffalo just to have a chance at making the play-offs, in another place and time they probably could've made the play-offs years ago with the roster they've had the last few years. It will continue to be an uphill climb for them, but they have some excellent young players and if the league ever decides seriously look at a reformat of the leagues divisions/conferences then Toronto would probably benefit more than any other team in the league. Time will tell, but I think Toronto will see some improvement in the next year.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

What will the SHL look like at the beginning of 2021? Well let's start with the teams that are the easiest to guess. At the top, the Buffalo Stampede will still be a competitive team. They are a team that have been able to be competitive for the last few years. So to look forward another year, it's not hard to imagine the Buffalo Stampede stomping their way around the top of the league. Another team I see doing really well would be the Manhattan Rage. They've been solid during the current GM's tenure, which I see continuing for next year. On the other end of the league, I see the San Francisco Pride still chipping away at the bottom of the league. It's been a rough few seasons for them, and I don't think it's something that can easily be fixed in a season or two.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Although I'd like to say that the Jets will be a force to be reckoned with for many, many seasons, I'd like to shift my attention to another team for a change and pick the Barracuda as one that may dominate the league in that timeframe if they don't absolutely fuck everything up.

My main reasoning behind picking them is that they are loaded with prospects. And quality prospects at that. I have to admit I don't know quite a few of them but they seem like great earners for the most part. And then you have guys that I know and I know they can not only build beasts but are also a great LR presence so they will help with player retention down the line. We all know it's easy to draft good dudes but the tricky part is to keep them on board. I think guys like Muford and Flappy in particular will help with that.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

[Image: PT5.png]

[Image: 3.png]

Looking forward one real year, there will be a LOT more competiton in terms of playing for the cup. For this, I'll predict who is at the top of each division:

Atlantic: Even with my personal bias, I believe it will be Tampa Bay's and Atlanta's division: Tampa Bay has been building up their players for a few seasons now, and they're beginning to bleed their way into the SHL roster, while Atlanta will be at their strongest by then as well. While both New England and Baltimore have their own prospect pools, I do believe Tampa is a lot closer to contention in comparison.

Great Lakes: Toronto does seem to have the future of the division in their hands. I'm not entirely convinced Hamilton or Buffalo will be completely out of playoff contention, but they will be significantly weaker than they are now.

Northwest: It's a tough division to distinguish, but I do think Minnesota and Seattle battling it out for the top. However, I don't think the rest of the division will be counted out; I think the Jets, Blizzard and Dragons are still around. This will probably be the Thunderdome division.

Southwest: Another tough one, Texas and Los Angeles will be the ones lording over the division. I could see San Francisco getting in on the action as well, but I'm not too sure at this point.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 09:28 PM by Jumbobone19.)

I think by this time next year, the Baltimore Platoon will be among the best teams in the league. Here is the current Baltimore Platoon Roster.

S40- GOD McZehrl (Chris-McZehrl) - 1007 TPE
S42- Troy McClure III (Troy_McClure03) - 730 TPE
S44- Brock Nuck (NUCK) - 961 TPE
S45- Nat Emerson (Thelastheraclid) - 1701 TPE
S49- Marques Brownlee (Really) - 253 TPE
S50- Daniel Kuster (Kuschy) - 644 TPE
S50- Karl Krashwagen (CementHands) - 1604 TPE
S51- Henrik Lundqvist Jr. (FreakinAnime) 747 TPE
S51- Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette (Your Mothers Favorite Goalie) 959 TPE
S51- Luca Del Vecchio (Zoone16) 1537 TPE
S52- Sabo Tage Glyc (901) TPE
S53- Ethan Duncan (mastersheep) 1247 TPE
S53- Valentin Kalashnikov (suavemente) 1143 TPE
S54- Patrick Shepherd (Cobbenstein) 785 TPE
S54- Simon Takshak (GeckoeyGecko) 768 TPE
S54- Adam Friedland (Bongo) 754 TPE
S54- Bryce McMahon (MN_Moosey) 709 TPE
S55- Daniil Nikiforov (DELIRIVM) 839 TPE
S55- Lord Raiden (Jumbobone19) 822 TPE

Prospects
S55- Teddy Park (trashae) - 812 TPE
S55- Young Logo (Loganjj21) - 629 TPE
S55- Hubert Andrews (hughesab) - 532 TPE
S56- Lucas Johansson (JR95) - 554 TPE
S56- Vili Tuga’tūga’bo’atu (Wasty) - 453 TPE
S56- Tanjiro Kamado (Andy) - 652 TPE
S56- Zebulon Leavitt (Kraagenskul) - 618 TPE
S57- Rob Wright (Snuffalupagus) - 428 TPE
S57- Victor Fedorov (Serpe x 13) - 373 TPE

So with this roster by Season 63/64. The Baltimore Platoon should have a very strong roster. With majority of the players not affected by regression yet. Ethan Duncan and Valentin Kalashnikov should be close to 2000 TPE and the S54 guys should be nearing the 1800+ TPE by this point. The S55 trio of Daniil Nikiforov, Lord Raiden, and Teddy Park are looking to be a stable force for the Platoon for a long time. Only 4 players will be in regression (Karl Krashwagen, LPLL, Luca Del Vecchio, and Nat Emerson). Nat Emerson if he can hold on that long will be approaching his 18th season at that point. He still could be a very effective player. Especially since he wont have to carry the team like he does currently (That goes for Del Vecchio too). Baltimore will have the offensive pieces and the defensive pieces that we have needed for so long. They wont have to rely on a select few when every line will be a force on the ice. The SHL should take note. -390 words

Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

[Image: SASSSS.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

The Winnipeg Jets will be contenders in the S63 / S64 season because Slip McScruff will be on the third pair instead of playing all night long. He'll be an off ice champion of making sure everyone has fresh, warm towels and opening / closing the door for all line changes. In his 16th or 17th SHL season, he will still be throwing hits and getting sent to the box, but there will be a whole crop of young buck defensemen ready to cover his ass. If he takes a puck while blocking, he may break a brittle rib and then the Jets will be free of his deadweight but also motivated to win. Unfortunately, if he is still the captain at that point, he may throw out a hip when raising the cup. However, the medical technology in the far future may be good enough to keep him running at 75% capacity for 100% longer, in which case the Jets are screwed because he's never going away.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

ISFL PT

there are several teams in the shl that have promising futures, including the texas renegades, the tampa bay barracuda, and the toronto north stars. each of these teams have deep prospect pools and a decent amount of young talent already on their SHL roster that should start to flourish in short time. however, it would be foolish to count out the teams that proven dominant over the past few seasons, such as the hamilton steelhawks and the buffalo stampede, who both boast not only strong on ice talent currently but also deep pockets of picks and prospects that they're holding onto. the stampede and steelhawks have also recently flexed their strength in the free agent market recently, with the steelhawks acquiring numerous top free agent superstars to add to their team, while the stampede added star young defenseman zlatan ibrahimovic. look for these teams to continue their winning ways into the next decade of seasons.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Having only missed the playoffs once in the last 17 seasons with eight conference finals, and four Challenge Cup finals you can probably count on the Edmonton Blizzard continuing to be a perennial contender. While the prospect pool might be a little shallow, this team is at the hands of two of the best managers in the league that knows how to get consistent results. Hamilton is another team that like the Blizzard, have been top contenders for the better part of the last two calendar years. Through smart drafting and being a top destination for free agents, I don’t see the Steelhawks going away anytime soon.

As far as up and coming teams its hard to overlook what both New England, and Tampa have in prospects who are about ready to break into the league. There are a lot of moveable assets available to each of these two teams to really help solidify their place near the top of the standings in a few seasons making them a competitor before 2021 is over.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

While the San Francisco Pride may look to be in a bit of a rough situation right now, they are going through a total rebuild and are full to the brim with young players and prospects in the J that are beginning to look promising. A new era of an active team with new dedicated leadership will be able to help catapult them to being consistent contenders. The locker room has been reinvigorated and players are ready to put in their all and take that step forward that the team has been on the cusp of so many times. Old fogies like Jeff Brogen won't be able to be a piece of the team any more, but they will sure be around in spirit. The future is looking bright for the San Francisco Pride as they look to make a mark on the league and build a team that will bring home their first cup.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Welcome to Season 64, SHLers everywhere! With the coming of this new season, there have been a number of changes since seven seasons ago. Current championship caliber teams have seen an all out collapse with the rapid regression of their players and a somewhat concerning lack of draft picks, whereas teams who were in the middle of a rebuild so long ago, such as that of the Tampa Bay Barracuda, Baltimore Platoon, and the San Francisco Pride have all seen great leaps and bounds in the development of their up and coming prospects. The landscape of the league is now completely different from what it looked like back then. The especially scary looking teams, those who are seeking to go for another Challenge Cup run this season (perhaps even a back to back run) include the Barracuda, Platoon, the North Stars, and even the Monarchs may be dark horse candidates for a championship this time around. Nobody can really predict the true future of the SHL, but maybe something might end up coming true from this post.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

I'm going to write about the New Orleans Specters, since that is the team I know best. 6 seasons from now, my player, Lyle Odelein III, will be starting his 13th season playing for the Specters, his 13th in the league. He will be on a downward trend in his career, fighting regression. The New Orleans Specters will not be though, thanks to their current prospects, the Specters will be back on top of the SHL standings. As of right now, the Specters have made the playoffs every single they have played in, this streak will have still been intact. Players like Vlastislav Mahlik, Cian McFelter, Robert Feltersnatch, Xavier Doom, John St. Ark, John Locke - Zidane, Zbynek Dobrovsky and Conner Hutton will be leading the way for the Specters. All will be coming into the primes of their careers, ready to some more titles to the Specters name. I hope and look forward to seeing what these young players do for the Specters and the league. I'm lucky to have the chance to have a front row seat!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Toronto is going to be nasty in a year if we asume that everyone stays at the team. Carpet and Kandinsky will probably be able to fight regression at least fairly well, as S47 and S48 draftees even in 6 seasons. Pretty much their entire team will still be in their prime as long as they can fight of the 10% regression, which shouldnt be THAT hard, I have to admit that i never realised how young their team was, but i'm happily surprised at the same time as i am a little scared, our division really do be SCARY

We got a couple other teams that will most likely be good too like Tampa, Baltimore and Minnesota.

I'm also going to assume that Buffalo will find some way to be great too, seeing how everyone keeps trading them their 1st picks, They really do be playing on EASY mode, They got a lot of cuties tho so its fine.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]