Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union

Milestones are stupid and should be murdered Smile

[Image: livius.gif]

01-20-2021, 02:56 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
01-20-2021, 02:47 PMAgentSmith630 Wrote: This is not one of the options I've heard being thrown around, and it's an interesting one for sure. One of the appeals of Milestones is seeing how your player stacks up against the rest of the league. I don't think they should be removed altogether, but reworked in a way that doesn't give an unfair advantage to those who are on better teams like you mentioned.

One of my favorite ideas, which I've seen tossed around and generally met with approval, is to incorporate the TPE earned from Milestones into Championship Week. Allow the TPE earned from Milestones to be applied towards tasks for that specific PT, allowing those who earned milestones to get a break. It's a neat way to still have the Milestones, but to not allow those who earned more to get an advantage over those who didn't. I'd love to know if this idea has been discussed in HO and what the opinions are about it.

My recent spitballing was to move seasonal milestones to career milestones. Ie, allow players to claim a small sum on TPE for important milestones in certain stats. for example, 50 goals, or 200 hits. This is a huge aspect of the NHL already, as fans love to track N00th goals, points, assists, ect. Humans love stats, the NFL knows this the best. They've infused their sport with nigh-meaningless stats to keep people engaged not just in the sport, but in the data it creates. We should be similar. Achievements have always been a decent way to engage certain players in all sorts of games. We even have one for 2k TPE. So the next logical evolution in the SHL is a system that puts our stats and data to work for us.

This guy has been full of good ideas lately.

I'd also include seasonal milestones, like 20G season, PPG season or things of that nature that give you a real sense of accomplishment.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

We still want thongs. When can we expect the thongs.

It truly depresses me that there is no mention of the index. Our current index is hot garbage. It has almost completely killed the love I had for this site. Why is this not a priority? You literally cannot even see a box score right now without going on discord and hoping it’s been posted in your LR. This has been an ongoing joke now ever since the ill thought out and rushed jump to FHM. We should never have made the switch until this was worked out. Instead we are going to kill the forum locker rooms, further cementing the idea that the SHL can only be enjoyed if you live on discord.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 08:41 PM by Bonk.)

01-20-2021, 08:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: It truly depresses me that there is no mention of the index. Our current index is hot garbage. It has almost completely killed the love I had for this site. Why is this not a priority? You literally cannot even see a box score right now without going on discord and hoping it’s been posted in your LR.

I did not read it. I clicked on the SHL for the first time in a while and saw that Slappy had commented on something. So, I had to look and was reminded of why I have been here for a while.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

01-20-2021, 08:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Instead we are going to kill the forum locker rooms, further cementing the idea that the SHL can only be enjoyed if you live on discord.
ok boomer

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

01-20-2021, 08:46 PMLime Wrote:
01-20-2021, 08:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Instead we are going to kill the forum locker rooms, further cementing the idea that the SHL can only be enjoyed if you live on discord.
ok boomer

Ok, dickhead

01-20-2021, 08:50 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
01-20-2021, 08:46 PMLime Wrote: ok boomer

Ok, dickhead
sorry didnt see this, dm me on discord next time

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

01-20-2021, 08:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: It truly depresses me that there is no mention of the index. Our current index is hot garbage. It has almost completely killed the love I had for this site. Why is this not a priority? You literally cannot even see a box score right now without going on discord and hoping it’s been posted in your LR. This has been an ongoing joke now ever since the ill thought out and rushed jump to FHM. We should never have made the switch until this was worked out. Instead we are going to kill the forum locker rooms, further cementing the idea that the SHL can only be enjoyed if you live on discord.
ok boomer

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

01-20-2021, 08:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: It truly depresses me that there is no mention of the index. Our current index is hot garbage. It has almost completely killed the love I had for this site. Why is this not a priority? You literally cannot even see a box score right now without going on discord and hoping it’s been posted in your LR. This has been an ongoing joke now ever since the ill thought out and rushed jump to FHM. We should never have made the switch until this was worked out. Instead we are going to kill the forum locker rooms, further cementing the idea that the SHL can only be enjoyed if you live on discord.

A new index is being worked on. You're quite demanding for a new and improved index to be made now even though you've been told multiple times that it is coming soon. You also do realize that you pay 0$ to enjoy the site yea? I don't know what type of product you expect considering you pay nothing to be apart of the league. You should be thankful that there are people willing to make a fresh index for free when they could be doing something better with their lives instead of always complaining.

[Image: 3.png]

01-20-2021, 08:55 PMboom Wrote:
ok boomer

ok boom

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

01-20-2021, 06:34 PMbbp Wrote: Milestones are stupid and should be murdered Smile

Speaking about stupid things that should be murdered....

can someone make a not completely shit index?

[Image: livius.gif]

01-20-2021, 09:04 PMJSS Wrote:

A new index is being worked on. You're quite demanding for a new and improved index to be made now even though you've been told multiple times that it is coming soon. You also do realize that you pay 0$ to enjoy the site yea? I don't know what type of product you expect considering you pay nothing to be apart of the league. You should be thankful that there are people willing to make a fresh index for free when they could be doing something better with their lives instead of always complaining.

Bro, I’ve been on this site for six years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created over two hundred hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how thankful I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of the SHL. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.

01-20-2021, 10:18 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
01-20-2021, 09:04 PMJSS Wrote: A new index is being worked on. You're quite demanding for a new and improved index to be made now even though you've been told multiple times that it is coming soon. You also do realize that you pay 0$ to enjoy the site yea? I don't know what type of product you expect considering you pay nothing to be apart of the league. You should be thankful that there are people willing to make a fresh index for free when they could be doing something better with their lives instead of always complaining.

Bro, I’ve been on this site for six years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created over two hundred hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how thankful I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of the SHL. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.

The people making the index always need extra hands, maybe you could volunteer your time and help them out instead of wasting everybody else’s time bitching about it?

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

01-20-2021, 10:21 PMfishy Wrote:
01-20-2021, 10:18 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Bro, I’ve been on this site for six years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created over two hundred hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how thankful I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of the SHL. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.

The people making the index always need extra hands, maybe you could volunteer your time and help them out instead of wasting everybody else’s time bitching about it?

he's made 200 hours of podcasts fish, show some respect

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]